3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #115 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66831-time-serious-fun-115-a.html)

gma22 10-15-2005 06:14 AM

Time For Serious Fun #115

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22 10-15-2005 06:20 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so let's all have a great day and smile smile smile!

Amanda :flow2:
Faye :dancer:

I didn't do well eating yesterday but there is always today. My sweet boy called me last night to tell me he got his report card and made the honor roll and got all + on his report card. I almost cried. Ok, I know it is kind of goofy, but those of you who have kids think about the very first report card your kids brought home. It means they are growing up and for me that is a little hard with Thomas.

Everyone have a great day. We have soccer today so keep your fingers crossed. They haven't played nor practiced in a week because of fal break.

Faye :)

Amanda Panda 10-15-2005 06:35 PM

Hello there (Faye!)

Just you and me again this weekend! I actually eneded up going over my calories yesterday, despite trying really hard to stay on track - it was only with a couple of slices of wholegrain toast and low fat spread, so it's not the end of the world. I guess I've got used to overeating somewhat over the last week, and I did find I was hungry yesterday. Today I have been working hard to make healthy choices, although PMS is here a little and I have had to stay disciplined when I was tempted to buy chocolate! I didn't give in to temptation though - I know these first few days of getting back on track are the hardest, then the cravings aren't so strong!

Yes, Faye tomorrow is a new day and thank God for that - it's how I've managed to lose 50lb - by just trying again the next day when I screw up. I have lost that 'if I can't be perfect 100% of the time then what is the point?' attitude, and just keep doing what I can when I can. I could have lost alot more in the 9 months it's taken me to lose these 50lb - but I've found something that's working for me and I know I can stick to. I think that is half the battle won!

I'm glad Thomas brings you such joy - maybe your ds will have kids soon?

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-16-2005 08:39 AM

**FYI: Since for the most part no one comes onto the thread on the weekends, I am suspending weekend topics until posting picks back up. It is difficult to think of polls week to week and to be truthful I see no reason to do it when no one participates anymore. If the trend continues, I may not do topics at all as there doesn't seem to be much interest anymore. I don't want the thread to fall apart as we need a place to come together and help each other out, but we don't seem to be committed to it anymore, none of the things I have tried in the past to try and spur us on seem to have worked, we don't participate in weigh ins and a lot of us aren't even doing the pts. It is truly discouraging to try and keep this thread going with so little interest in it anymore. Please understand, I am not finding fault, just stating facts. If it doesn't get better and soon, I am not going to continue it.

Amanda: Good to see you here. I appreciate you checking in over the weekends, though time wise, I seem to miss you every weekend! :lol: Tomorrow is Monday and Monday's are always a great recommit day, don't you agree? You have come so far and you just need to keep plugging along to get there!

Faye

Amanda Panda 10-16-2005 03:39 PM

Hi Faye!

I am pleased to report a 4 point day yesterday - woo-hoo!

Faye, I have to agree with your points really - I love all the topics you do but can totally understand how disheartening it is when no one is around. Our group has dwindled gradually over the last couple of years - I really don't know why, maybe just becuase there are soooo many other groups on the forum. I know you put alot of hard work into your topics and personally I have always appreciated that personal touch to this group. The fact that nobody is really committed at the moment is no reflection on our group - I guess that it is just the life of a yo yo dieter! However, I do feel that recently we have turned a corner - I've been consistently losing weight for 9 months, Carri is still plugging away at it and has now joined the gym, Susan has lost 200lb and is an inspiration to us all, and Julie seems to back on track after a long absence. In the last month I have been feeling a more positive vibe from people and feel things are picking up. There is no doubt about it - we are small in number and are less than consistent in our efforts, but we are close and really appreciate eachother. I think we should definately keep the weekly weigh in and the points system as they are easy to record and is no extra work for you (other than smilies I guess). The rest is up to you - if you are feeling disheartened and burnt out by it all, then definately take a step back with the topics. I think the most important thing really is that we come together daily and chat about how we are doing and support eachother. :)

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-17-2005 08:41 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is walking! Think about walking when you go to the store, shopping or whatever. Park that car just a little farther and hoof it. It is good for you! Even with an exercise program, walking is a great way to relieve stress. If you are having a bad day at work, get out during lunch for 10 minutes and walk, if the house is closing in on you, go out and see nature through a nice walk. It helps clear your head and of course is great exercise.

Amanda :bravo:

Good morning gals! I am about to strangle some little kid who keeps calling here all hours of the day and night and doesn't seem to get the concept that whomever he is calling is not here and he has the wrong #. He isn't prank calling, he thinks he is calling some friend of his. I finally got a little huffy with him this morning when he called at 6 AM. I am a big fat grouch anyway as my hormones have to be all over the place. I feel exhausted and crabby and about a hundred other things, none of which is fatal but a pain the behind anyway.

I have to just struggle along until this weekend when I can go and get all the groceries for my program. I haven't been able to get on the treadmill or out to walk as my knee has been causing me problems now for several days (dr says nothing much they can do without surgery and I am not having surgery done and then ruin it all with my weight so I have to just do exercises to get it back in shape.

My sweet baby had a bicycle accident (just got his training wheels off) and he has a goose egg right above his right eye and is all scratched up. He is taking it in stride though and went out yesterday and rode his bike again so that is good.

Everybody have a wonderful day

Amanda Panda 10-17-2005 02:15 PM

Hello!

I got 4 points yesterday - that's 2 days in a row for me! PMS has hit hard today and I had to force myself out to the gym and then ended up buying some cheese and having cheese on toast when I got home! :o In a strange way I am pleased with myself because it didn't turn into an all out binge - I was eyeing up crisps and chocolate too, but restrained myself and just bought a small block of cheese.

Sorry T has had a fall - it sounds like he's already bounced back! Kids are so resilient aren't they - they don't have the fear that we adults have!

I walk quite a bit - to and from the gym every day is 20 minutes, so it all adds up!

LOve Amanda x

Mirabelly 10-17-2005 02:30 PM

HI everyone!

I fought yesterday for the first time in about a month and screwed up my shoulder! Seems I've been working the front and back of my arms, but forgot about the sides--so the unbalanced muscles couldn't handle the work :dizzy: Oh well, rest and ice and then work *all* the muscles later in the week :lol:

Faye, I totally think you should drop the topics if it's stressing you....we are all off again/on again right now (especially me!), but it would really suck if the thread disappeared completely! SO, just do what you need to do to be happy and don't go away--you're our rock!

Amanda--don't worry about the "little binge", sounds like you got control of it.

I'm off to get the kiddies now! hopefully on a 4 pt day today (need water)

TTFN,
Julie

gma22 10-17-2005 03:26 PM

Listen, for now I am not dropping anything but weekend topics as most of you don't come in here during the weekend. I am not planning on leaving the thread, I am just having a rough emotional time right now and was a huge grouch yesterday. Everyone has to feel free to come and go at their leisure here as that is the way it was set up. I do think that we are better off checking in everyday and seeing progress and reporting ours. We need support to keep us going.

Amanda :bravo:

Julie: I am SO sorry you messed your shoulder up. I know it has to be really painful. My dh has shoulder problems from a baseball injury years ago that resulted ultimately in surgery so I know the pain involved. Please take care of yourself!

Amanda Cheese is better than junk if you are going to eat something with fat in it. I have a cool recipe for a tomato cheese sandwich with lower fat cheese if you want it. I got it through my ediets program.

Everyone have a great afternoon!

QuilterInVA 10-17-2005 04:47 PM

Faye, I don't have internet at home so can't check in on the weekends. We had to give it up with my DH medical bills taking so much.

I had a 4-point day yesterday and will today as well. You have inspired me to get back on track.

Did anyone see the article in the paper - daily weighing is recommended now - the one's who weigh daily are the one's who maintain - much better than occasional or weekly weighers.

We are very busy at work so I can't post much but will try to get something everyday.

gma22 10-18-2005 07:21 AM

TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is dairy products. Research is showing that lower fat dairy really helps with a diet. Try and get some dairy into your diet everyday, yogurt, ff milk, lowfat cheese, etc.

SUSAN :bravo:

Susan: You post when you can. You have a job and that always has to come first. I understand perfectly about cutting costs. Carri usually only posts while at work too. I think the reason our thread seems to dwindle and doesn't get a lot of extra people is they see that this thread aims mostly at the weight loss part and they want more socializing. Also, the ladies that are here for the most part have outside jobs and can't be on the internet all day like other threads are. I value the ladies that are here even when they can't post all the time. I just get down when we go for a couple days with no one posting. It isn't anyone's fault just circumstance!

I hope everyone has a good day. It is going to be hot today again. I don't think we are ever going to get into fall. It is supposed to be near 90 today! UGH!

Thomas has himself a small black eye and banged up knees. Poor little guy was goalie last night and the other team kicked a ball and hit him right in his ripped up little knee. Poor baby had to come out of the game for a few minutes. He's a little trooper though. He went back in and played the rest of the game.

I need to get started on chores before it gets too hot. have a great day gals and know that I think about you whether you are here or not!

Marsha, Nikki, Scuzin, we miss not hearing from you!

Faye ;)

QuilterInVA 10-18-2005 08:41 AM

Good morning ladies!

I agree with the dairy. I've been having 3 servings a day and I think it helps. I have milk with breakfast, yogurt for a snack and usually some cheese or pudding. Supposedly it helps get rid of the belly fat which I seem to be cursed with the last few years. I'm cleaning out my winter clothes this weekend...and all that too big stuff is going to chairty and I'm not wearing that oversized stuff anymore. I do it because I think it hides fat when really it just makes me look bigger. I'm a size 14 and wearing 18s ain't cool. I was afraid to get rid of it last winter -- in case I gained weight. Well, they are going now.

Have a good day.

Mirabelly 10-18-2005 11:31 AM

Morning everyone,
3 points for me yesterday....didn't ever get all the water in. But I'm drinking today.

Ever have one of those weeks where it feels like the whole world is out to get you??? I got a ticket this morning on the way to the gym because my inspection was expired (okay...WAY expired!) SIgh. I almost turned around and went home, but I made myself go and workout and had a nice long sauna after ward. Count my blessings, count my blessings.... On the bright side, my shoulder feels much better this morning...so I guess I just overdid the fighting and didn't actually injur it--so that's a blessing to count, right?

I always get down this time of year--the lack of light/depression thing is really serious up here. Every year I swear I'm going to get one of those light boxes. This year, I'm really going to do it. And I'm not going to wait until I"m wicked depressed either--just gonna go get the stupid thing.

Susan, good for you for getting rid of those old clothes! You deserve to feel beautiful all the time!

Faye, I hope T is feeling okay...kids heal fast! And you count your blessings, too! It's just hormone time on this thread this week, huh! :lol: You're wonderful and beautiful right now, you have family who love you, and a h :devil: rny husband--so LIGHTEN UP!! :grouphug:

Okay, I've got a ton of work to do....so, everyone have a great day! Sorry for whining on a Tuesday, just had to get it out of my system.

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda 10-18-2005 01:05 PM

Hello all,

Nice to see it's a bit busier here. I got 2 points yesterday - the cheese on toast took me over my cals (I didn't even get low fat cheese, it was full fat all the way! :o ).

My naughty cat woke me up at 6.20 am today - he scratched and miaowed for ages and I just couldn't get back to sleep, so I had to get up. That was a VERY early start for me - I didn't actually have to be uo for college till 8am. Oh well, I should sleep well tonight!

FAYE - Sorry your hormones are stressing you out - mine are not so good either at the moment!

JULIE - Sorry you hurt your shoulder. I pulled my calf muscle last Weds and had to have a day off from the gym to rest it. The good thing was that after that one days rest it was fine - when I was bigger, it would take a week to recover from muscle strains, so that's another bonus to losing weight!

SUSAN - Good for you for finally throwing out your size 18's - you are right in that they will do nothing to flatter your new figure. I'm wearing a size too big pair of baggy combat pants 24/7 at the moment as I just can't really afford any more new clothes. I've decided the next trousers I buy are going to be well fitted dark denim jeans - they will be alot more flattering than baggy combats!

Hi to Carri!

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly 10-19-2005 07:20 AM

4 points for me yesterday! :)
Still not losing pounds :(

Am eating when bored....bad julie :dizzy:

Can't believe I beat Faye here :p

TTFN,
Julie