Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:32 PM   #31  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Another busy day here. Mom and I went running around, Kohl's, K-Mart, Meijer, Walgreen, Goodwill and ate at a fish place. (although now that I read about the goldfish I'm glad I ate chicken) I actually got 2 pair of slacks that fit me...they are Chic, but not jeans, the khaki type. I have worn jeans , sweats or capris for so long. These are pretty comfy and are not supposed to wrinkle. Funny thing is, they are the same style, but I had to get different sizes for the diff. colors. One was a 12 and I was high fiving myself. If you can imagine that..lol. Anyway, I think I wore my mom out. Missed my walk, but I think I walked enough at all the stores.
Tonight I had to pick up my 3 "grands" and drop one DGD off at the school and bring the other 2 here. DD is in Georgia and her DH was working late. So I had company for 3 hours and will do the same thing tomorrow night. DGD is in choir and they have a program Wed. and Thurs. so I will have to make it to that one night. I am so glad they are having it before we go West since this is her first performance in High School.
DD is due back Thurs. and hopes to arrive in time to go to one performance.

Ummm, I don't think I want eyelash extensions OR blue hair. Does the makeover include $5000 for clothes like on What Not To Wear? If so I am FOR that.

Jane, There are so many nice parks in IN. Lots of beautiful walking trails. The leaves here are turning and I know Southern IN is probably lovely this week.

Have to clean house and get my clothes ready to be packed the rest of this week....ironing, ugh!

Have a nice Tues. all JL's.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #32  
a work in progress

Good mornin' ladies...

Oh man, no coffee yet this morning...that won't do at all...ok, gotta make 1/2 a pot and I'll be right back....

Ah, that's better. Tim stopped making coffee in the morning because he got a motorcycle and is riding that to work -- no way to take his cup with him. I'll bet he gets a thermos this weekend to take in his backpack. The bike is beautiful, a Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic (cruiser type bike, looks a bit like a Harley), and he got a good deal on it, but I'm still not comfortable with the purchase yet. More than I wanted to spend, and this is the first time we've ever bought a vehicle that wasn't a necessary purchase. The last time I bought a car, my electric window and door locks were broken, it would have cost a fortune to trace down the electrical problem, and I literally could not open the driver's door, and had to climb out over the passenger seat! So, his car is still running fine, but it does have over 130,000 miles on it...I dunno...if he only takes it to work in bad weather, maybe it will last a lot longer...

Anyway, I didn't like skim or 1% milk in my coffee (unless it was about 1/2 milk, like a latte), but I tried fat-free half and half, and it's pretty good -- only 20 cal for a 2 Tblsp serving (Land O' Lakes brand). I used it to mash potatoes the other night too, and it worked really well.

Susan, if you are craving KFC BBQ, the Honey BBQ chicken sandwich (not a fried one, but boneless chicken cut up in BBQ sauce) is only 6 WW points. And the individual serving size of their Mac and Cheese is only 3 points (or mashed potatoes w/gravy for 3 points, or BBQ beans for 3-4 points, depending on the website)...so a sandwich and one side item is not a bad fast food meal -- would be better if you rounded it out with 1 point of fresh fruit, or a green salad with non-fat dressing. And yeah, gotta let the water sit a while for goldfish, but once you do that, they are pretty hardy, don't need pumps and filters and heaters and stuff like tropical fish. Betas are pretty and very colorful too, and easy like goldfish -- just remember, they are SOLITARY, and you can only have one, because they are stupid boys and will fight.

Anybody else have the point values on their favorite quick meal? I try to figure out what the best options are at every restaurant or fast food place we like to go to, and know exactly what I'm going to order before we go.

Auugh, all this talk about clothes shopping -- my last experience was no fun when I tried to buy clothes for my trip. I tried on at least 20 tops and 12 pairs of pants, and only bought ONE of each -- hated the way everything else looked or felt or both. I've lost about 17 1/2 lbs, and my pants are all now baggy but the next size down still is too snug for comfort (I'm very tall, so it takes a lot of weight gone to drop a clothing size). And I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe every 20 lbs anyway, and I've got a LONG way to go in my weight loss, so I will just keep wearing ill-fitting clothes until I can comfortably cram my butt in the jeans I have in my drawer right now that are too tight. To make matters worse, they came out with an official dress code at work -- we were allowed to wear blue jeans all summer, as long as they were clean and neat -- but now they've decided blue is too "casual" for weekdays and can only be worn on Fridays, so for some reason colored jeans are appropriate for the week. Most of my pants are blue jeans, so I'm stuck rotating the same few pairs of pants that aren't blue until I can reasonably buy new clothes. *sigh* I know, gripe, gripe, gripe...

Seriously, ladies, I must confess -- I am terrible at "girl stuff". I am awful at clothes shopping, literally can't do a thing with my hair, don't wear makeup because it makes me look like a clown everytime I put on pantyhose I have a run within 5 minutes, can't walk in high heels...I'm hopeless. I think I might even be too much of a challenge for Angie.

Jane, you play Euchre? Tim taught us all to play, nobody here had ever heard of it, although it's a bit like a game my Great Uncle George used to play with us when we were little called High-Low-Jack-Game (we can't remember the rules, though!) Sounds like your trip to Spring Mill was lovely...looking forward to seeing the pics. I love fall color! BTW, I put up some more Ireland pics, and will be adding more later, too... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kateothelamp/my_photos

Janet, I have an gym membership with cobwebs on it, too -- my knee was messed up, but my physical therapist gave me the go-ahead, and my arm is messed up from work, but I could still treadmill, bike, or swim -- just gotta make the time to go and make myself do it. The Buckwheat Festival sounds like it was fun! Local food festivals like that are always fun -- although Gilroy has a Garlic Festival and I don't think I could stand that, too overwhelming!

Cristi, yay for you and your walking! You're doing it, and it's very encouraging to read about your successes Are you going to see Josh, or are you flying to GA for some other reason? Erik is still in SD, but he is coming home on leave in January. I'm just grateful he is still state-side.

Marti, hope you and James make it to Vegas! Come to think of it, hope Tim and I make it, too...Fairy costumes??? Ok, Jane gets blue hair, you get pink, and I want dark reddish purple -- won't the hotel love what we do to their bathroom sinks???

Sue, yeah, I really don't want the eyelash extentions or the Easter Egg hair either (although Tim keeps saying he'd like to see it purple), and if I got $5000 for clothes I'd probably put $4000 on the motorcycle to knock the payments down I've had to buy different sizes for different colors in the same style, too, isn't that weird? Maybe because the fabric is different? I don't know...

RosieKate, what are you doing for your workouts? I need to start working on toning up, or I'll just be a shapeless blob as I lose weight I still have to be so careful with my right arm, but there's got to be something I can do. Maybe a personal trainer at the gym can suggest something to tone my upper arms that won't put much strain on my forearm. I just wish they'd hurry up and get the stupid nerve-damage test over with -- I'm dreading the needles and electric shocks, ugh. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it sounds...but have to wait for insurance approval. Off the board, do you go by Katy, or RosieKate, or??? I've gone by Katiecat on the net for so long (my middle name is Katherine), but my first name is Mary, so maybe I should start signing that way...

Connie, a daughter who is a massage therapist? How lovely! My youngest son plans to be a rock star, and said he'll build a pool house for us to live out our golden years Maybe he'll marry a massage therapist someday! Except the poolhouse idea will have to be just for visits now, if we retire in Ireland...

Ack, this is quite a novel...I'd better shut up now and get ready for work...

Hugs to you all,
Mary
or Mary Kate
or Katiecat
or "hey you"

Last edited by Katiecat; 10-18-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - sometimes when I just have to have KFC, I order the extra crispy drumstick with skin(4.5 pts) and the mashed pot. (2.5) and 2 orders of green beans (1 pt. ea.) and so for 9 points, I had the real deal. We don't eat out much, though. I'm going to list some of my faves for Mary Kate below.

Susan - yes, I sure do remember the roadrunner cartoons. It was always so funny at how fast the Acme company delivered stuff to the coyote, lol.

Sue - the jeans I bought run smaller in the black than in the denim. Go figure. I wish the fashion industry was forced to regulate sizing so it would be the same no matter what brand or color. Dream on, right?

MaryKate - I like that name! Well, I don't play euchere, but just about everyone else around the area does. Some of my favorite eat out choices are: at Wendy's I get either the large chili 5.5, and fruit cup 1, or the grilled chicken sanwhich 6, with fruit cup. See my KFC menu in the post to Cristi. At Burger King, I'll get the Whopper Jr. for 10 pts. and nothing else. It's worth it. At Arby's I usually get the Reg. Roast Beef 8pts. and and a plain baked potato with salsa. I throw away 2/3 the potato immediately, so it's only 3 pts. People think all I eat is chicken and fish, and although I do eat them, I eat lots and lots of variety for my lunch and dinner meals. Breakfast out is really, really hard for me. So I usually eat at home - my 5.5 pt graham crackers and Jif peanut butter. When I go to the movies, I'll take a cup of cereal for a couple of points. Peanut butter Cap'n Crunch is my fave, but I only get 3/4 cup of that. Still, it lasts a while if I eat them 1 at a time. Since I always plan my food ahead, I know when we're eating dinner out so I have lower calorie for lunch. Once in awhile, though, plans change, but that's when I go for the grilled chix or fish, a sm amt of starch, and then 1/2 my plate filled with green beans. If you haven't already printed out the restaurant pages at Dottie's, it will help you if you do.

Well, today is Terry's birthday. I called him right at 8:53 AM, which was when he was born, and sang Happy Birthday to him. Gina's having us all over for cake and ice cream tonight. This one will be a challenge, becaue it's fruit cocktail cake, which is to die for. The icing is like what's on a German Choc cake - coconut and pecan in a carmel base. Mmmmm. I've allowed for a 2"x2" square, which will cost me 4.5 points. I've done this before, and can do it again.

Also need to clean the living room and kitchen. Yikes, where's that darn housekeeper when you need her????

Have a good day, ladies!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick pop in here. Jane, how do you know how many points you can have on WW? Do you have to do a two week induction or anything like some other eating plans? I am going to start studying these point sites and see if I can figure out how I could do WW when we are in Vegas. I can get about any food at the buffets..but breakfast is a hard one to diet on. Last year I did egg white or egg beaters with a small amount of ham and green peppers..but I wouldn't know how to do points or how much itmakes as some chefs make it largerthan others. If I try real hard...it might be doable. I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!! I am getting frustrated here.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:18 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon Ladies--

Yesterday I couldn't get my computer to do a darn thing! Everytime I wanted to go to a page, it kept giving me this "Page not found" error message. Finally I asked James what was going on...and he said he was downloading music which was slowing our computer. Oh......well I fixed it, I turned it off!

Susan--James & I get a craving for KFC every once in awhile. I always take the skin of when I go. Of coarse, after that there is only a bite left!

Cristi--I never did find anything for myself. I was feeling rather irratible. PMS and all. I hate shopping for myself. I just hate it. But I know that if I want anything, I gotta do it. Congratulations on more weightloss!! You're doing so great!! I won't be weighing myself at all this week. TOM being here and all. I can see how bloated my belly is. Maybe I should have shopped in the maternity section!!

Jane--I did check the petite section. But I didn't look to hard. As I said before, I'm picky and stubborn..... Your hike sounded so lovely!! I love hikes that let you take in all the beauty of fall. The place I love around here is Silver Falls. Beautiful. You hike on the trail and along the way, there are about 9 water falls. All different sizes. And in the fall...that is the best time to go. Gorgeous.

Sue--Bra's are the same way. I went to Victoria secrets to buy some bra's one time, and I wanted to buy three of the same style but different colors. The plain white run bigger than the colored ones. I thought how strange!

MaryKate--I like that name too! It's easier to distinguish you and Katy. Such wonderful photos!! I think I may have to think about going to Ireland for vacation some day!! We have a friend who lives in Spain who tells us to come visit and we'd have free room and board for the whole time we were there.......so why aren't we there already!?!

Hello to all the other gals out there!! Sorry if I've missed ya.

I've got to get on my gazelle today. I felt so crampy and icky yesterday that I just didn't. Even though it should have helped ease the cramps. But today I will be on it.

I've better get going....I'll check in later!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies

Well, was going to post but out of time now. Took too long reading all the posts and trying to see Katiecats pics. Yahoo, is being dumb for me for some reason. Keep getting messages each time I click next so had to quit. Wiil try again later, or possibly tomorrow...to post and see the pics.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day. See ya
Old 10-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #37  
RosieKate

I just stopped to read, and, well, here I am. I have a little time here...

Katiecat or Mary Kate...yeah, I do go by Katy in the real world. My full name is Rosemary Kathleen. RosieKate was my late grandfather's nickname for me. I've messed around with other screen names...one board I am known as "Rosemary's Baby" hee hee. I think you can call yourself whatever you want and people will keep us straight just fine. After all I'm Y and you're IE. We Katys (or Katies) know all about his one, don't we.

Workout... MWF I do a cardiostep class that is listed as an "intense" step class. last 15 minutes is weight conditioning. T TH I do a Nia class, I posted a link to that a while back. It's an integrative dance class, incorporates yoga, martial arts,and expressive dance. Very Mind-body stuff. When I can, I walk for an hour on Saturdays, but that's erratic. My son and I might start taking a family yoga class on Sundays...it looks like fun, but we'll see if my son's interest is still there in a few weeks when it starts. It sounds like a lot, but these classes are all from 6-7 am, and I've found that it's a consistent time for me. As long as I can get out the door, it's really not all that bad once I get to class. It's great to get it out of the way for the day, that's for sure. I also get extra WW activity points - yay!

Ciao

Old 10-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #38  
GmaTo8

Smile

Happy Hump Day, ladies,

Sue - here are the weight/points ranges. I got them from the WW site a long time ago, so I think it's ok to share. If not, Suzanne will tell me to zap them to stay within the 3fc guidelines.

less than 150 pounds - 20 points
150 - 174 ...."............22 "
175 - 199 ....."............24 "
200 - 224 ....." .......... 26 "
225 - 249 ....."........... 28 "
250 - 274 ....."........... 30 "
275 - 299 ....."........... 31 "
300 - 324 ....."........... 32 "
325 - 349 ....."........... 33 "
over 350 ......"............ 34 "

Although I know you fall into one of the first categories, someone else may want to copy this. Then you get 30 additional points per week that can be used as you wish. I personally spread them out evenly, because one good binge of too many points could send me over the edge, lol. I never did count activity points, probably because I didn't work out that hard. You may still need to join WW to get the points slider/calculator. I got all my stuff off eBay. Hope all this helps.

Marti - tell your friend in Spain that your good buddy Jane will be there instead of you, lol. I'll need fresh flowers in the room, and a mint on the pillow, lol. Hope your cramps are better today, toots.

Cristi - I don't have the signatures turned on, and didn't see where you mentioned more weight loss, so forgive me for not noticing. WAY TO GO! You are doing so great, and I bet the control you feel is wonderful, right?

Katy - you're doing so good with the exercise. I haven't been to the Y for awhile but am going back and will just tune out the news commentator with all his doom and gloom repott.

I did great at Terry's last night. Although the piece of cake was little, I savored everybite by putting my fork down between bites, and taking my time.

Remember my friend with the broken knee? She's much, much better now, and I'm going to visit her today. Her DH has been fixing up their house, so she wants to show me the progress.

Hope all you ladies have a great day!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi ladies

Katiecat~yeppers, the trip to GA is to see Josh. He gets a 36 hour family pass and he said he is going to eat and smoke the whole time!! He's dying from not having a cigarette but has done fine so far. I tried to talk him into quitting before he left but he wasn't having it. But there's a test he has to take and pass with a 60% and the last letter which was dated the 10th...he was at 50%. He keeps telling me not to worry though. I'm just looking forward to seeing him and getting a way for a 4-day weekend! Can't believe the month went by so fast. Finally got to look at your photo's and they are GORGEOUS!! Especially loved the one looking down in the courtyard-it looked so pretty. And the view from the ramparts! Everything is soooo green!

Marti~sorry you didn't find anything for yourself. Oooo, Spain would be a lovely place to visit too! And yes, why aren't you guys there yet?! Hope you are feeling better and the cramps have lessened. I think I will have TOM next week, wouldn't ya know. Got the cravings I am trying to fight and am a bear, grrrrr. Get ready to leave and have to have that happen. Would have been nice to plan around it but we can't always do that.

Jane~not much on KFC but once in a while will have a leg from there. Seems like everytime we get it it isn't so great. I don't know about control...not really trying to lose weight but more focused on walking. I do watch what I eat and try not to overdo it. But it does feel good to step on the scales and see a loss. Hope you have a goo dvisit with your friend.

Susan~I think the skin is actually the best part of the chicken! I joke sometimes about going up there and ordering an order of skin just to see what they would say. Or to McDonalds and order a hamburger without the bun. I just like the meat, onions and pickles! LOL

Hi to everyone else

Okay, back to finish up. Had to go put the clothes in the dryer. That washer drives me nuts with the beeping! Don't like it at all! Anyway, that's what I am doing today...laundry, lots of laundry. I cleaned Josh's closet out yesterday, FINALLY! It's all organized and clean except for the clothes he left in a hamper. Now to work on mine. I'm thinking maybe Saturday after my walk. Speaking of walking. Good thing I went this morning because it is raining now. YAY!! We need some rain. Supposed to rain today and tomorrow so I am glad I mowed the yards. By the time it dries out it will need it again. Other than that not much going on. Did Wal-Mart this morning after my walk and then went to take DD to look at a couple of houses V and I looked at Sunday. Fell in love with the one. It's in the town where V and I bought our first house before we moved to OK. Always, liked the town and had planned on moving back but not for a while. Now, I hate to say it we are seriously thinking about moving! UGH! I know, I know...call us crazy. Anywho...should probably get going. Need to check out some things online and get my laundry done. Or should I say Josh's laundry done. Actually, half of it is mine.

Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #40  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Hello!

Katy--What a busy schedule! But I think it's awesome. I would love to be able to go to the classes they have available at the gym....but the times are just not workable for me. Usually in the afternoon. And I'm just barely up by then! If I lived in Eugene, it would be a different story, so hopefully.......

Jane--Ok, so why would a person get an additional 30pts added to the points they already have?? (See how much I just don't know about WW?) I'll let our friend in Spain know you're coming. Tell him that you have request of flowers and mints too!

Cristi--Hope Yahoo is working better for ya so you can get on and yap a bit!

Hello everyone else! Come stop in and say "HI"

Ok...I have some things that need to be done, and the gazelle that needs attention. I got on it yesterday thinking 20mins will do. I stayed on for 50mins. (should've just stayed a whole hour!!) Since I'm right smack in the middle of TOM I won't be weighing in today. Next week...see if I see any progress or just a maintain.

Talk to you later!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:50 PM   #41  

Happy Wednesday Evening Everyone!

It's been a few days, but like I said before, the first part of the week is so hectic at work, I'm exhaused at nights. There are 3 of us that cover for each other and 1 of them has had the flu all week so we've been extra busy. Plus there has been a full moon. Believe me, anyone who works in psychiatric services knows what I mean. There really is something to it - people's symptoms are really intensified during a full moon. Don't laugh - it's true!!!! Tomorrow is when the state accreditation people are coming, so there's some extra tension in the air.
Last weekend DH brought home a nice maple tree to plant. We don't have any shade around our deck & it faces the west so we can't enjoy it for a big part of the day/evening. I think we planted it in the right spot but I knew I shouldn't have been helping actually dig because the next morning the disk was out of place in my back/hip and I've been miserable ever since. Started Mon. out with a visit to the chiropractor. I sit on ice packs for about an hour in the morning so I can get going. Ever have an ice cold, numb butt??!! It's really not a bad thing. lol.
Anyway it is starting to get better but I'm still walking pretty slow. I've been watching what I eat this week but I know I've slowed down on drinking all the water I should.
More progress has been made with the storage building, I think the guys are coming tomorrow morning to work on it again.
DH had an OK checkup today. His symptoms are stable, I guess that's all we can ask for. No new meds - thank heavens!
Time to go. Hope all you wonderful JLs are doing great!

Connie
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #42  

Hi guys,
Wednesday evening here..Hubby is bowling, the dogs have been fed, the kitchen and dishes are done. Its nice for a change to be in the house with no one here and the television off!! It was a totally beautiful day here in PA..the skies were blue and white. ..slight breeze with sunshine all day long. We have a dangerous mountain here called Mt Summit...and I had to take a youngster home on my school van after tutoring, he lives at the very top of the mountain. Half way up we saw police lights and ambulance lights and firetruck lights...Major accident up there, trucks and cars everywhere..I just pray that no one was hurt. So many ppl have been killed on this mountain. They have signs erected everywhere warning truckers,...dangerous mountain, gear down to lowest gear. Generally they always do...dont know what happened this time.
Guys I cant bowl with my left arm...can hardly bowl with my right arm..but, it would be good balance..and it would be a terrific reason for having lousy score...but no one ..NO ONE would understand
It seems like everyone here is following WW diet or at least the majority of women are..I just wish...and wish and wish some more that I would follow something...especially in the evenings..thats when the eating bug hits me..
Maybe I should work out...(like talking to the walls) maybe I should try walking, maybe I should just try anything..guys..pay me no mind...just talking to myself here..But, seriously why is it so hard to lose this weight. We all know what we have to do...but we just dont do it..and I know its not laziness...its like Im afraid to be thin...then I will have to deal with the other issues in my life and guess I just dont want to...Now, you wanna talk about rambling...wow Im on a major trip here...so best I get off of here...and do something constructive...
Nite guys,
Have a great day tomorrow
Janet
Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 AM   #43  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening Ladies,

Jane thanks for writing in all the points for the fast foods...was thinking of buying the book on points and fast food. In Canada we get 35 bonus points. So you must feel good, like you have power over your foods. To be able to eat a small piece of to die for cake..and thats it, its fantastic.
I had one of them days from H*ll and (Katie you would relate,,cc enviroment and all) I had not one but 2 people wig out today, and even though I walk past this huge pumpkin hanging off her cubicle for others to help themselves with candie I kept walking by. And I am so happy,,,lost 4.2 lbs! Did my shopping and found some yummy treats that the points aren't all that bad. Got me a huge family size pack of graham wafers and p/b...going to look for the the fresh made stuff...lower in points,

Katie, I love a good challenge!

Cristi, thats too bad Josh won't just quit smoking,,hes gone a month...more or less,,,why not just stop? I still haven't clean that one closet of refolding all the linens...one day as God is my witness I will refold them!

Marti whats this about a trip?

well Im doing good,,,have to take my vehicle in for an oil change,,the big one. *sigh that means they have to drive me to work in the morning...argh means I wake EARLY..someone who isn't an early bird it kills me...waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaa ok Ive whined enough.

night all
Old 10-20-2005, 10:16 AM   #44  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - yay for getting the closet cleaned out. I took all the Christmas presents out of mine, put them in those flex-steel garbage bags, and Neal tool it all to the summer kitchen. That room is strictly storage, of course. Wow, now I can actually step into my walk-in closet again.

Marti - when I first started WW, they gave a person a daily range instead of one set number. They redid the program so a person could have the points whenever they wanted. They're always trying to make it better so the people will continue to lose, and in the process, make $$$$ for the company that owns WW. Personally, I tweaked it to suit myself in the first place, lol.

Connie - I'm a firm believer that the moon affects people. Hey, it controls the tides of the oceans, surely it can affect us. More babies are born during a full moon, too.

Janet - Evening is the hardest time of day for me, too, foodwise. One thing that helps me is, I'll tell Neal and Katie what my evening snack is supposed to be, then I know if I go for anything else, they'd bust me on it, lol. Have you thought of writing your feelings down to help you deal with them better? Just a thought.

Angie - thanks for the kind words. And yay for the loss!! How much have you lost total now? I have the fast food points book, but Dottie's info is much more up to date, and has many, many more restaurants.

Did I tell you guys that I offered to make Katie an Alice in Wonderland costume? What was I thinking??? The pattern isn't one of those "Easy" ones, and it's been awhile since I even did a zipper. But I have velcro around here, if I need it, lol. The fabric is a medium blue satin, and the pinafore will be plain white. I got a pair of Mary Jane shoes at Payless for $3. They were already on sale, then I got half off again, by buying a scarf I can't live without. You know me, I wear winter scarves that match my outfits, lol. Anyway, all Katie needs now is a pair of white tights. We even have the ribbon for her hair. And no, she isn't going trick-or-treating, lol, she's going to a party.

But today is my shopping day, so I better get a move on! Have a great day, ladies.

Edited to add this photo of Neal and me on the patio at Spring Mill Inn. Aren't the leaves behind breathtaking? (didn't mean to make it so small)

Old 10-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #45  
a work in progress

Good morning, ladies!

Augh, no coffee again, and I don't feel like making any. That's it, gotta buy a thermos for Tim so he starts setting up the coffee maker the night before again.

Yesterday morning....I killed a black widow spider in my house!!!!! EEEEEK!!!! I cannot convey in print how scared I was! I think she came in because Tim moved a bunch of stuff in the garage to make room to park his motorcycle, and disturbed her. Well, her presence in my house disturbed ME!!! Anyway, I was big and brave (well, "big" anyway), and did her in. She better not have any sisters planning on setting up housekeeping...

Jane, just saw the photo -- love it! Wish I could see you and Neal better The Alice costume sounds very cute. Last time we were at Disneyland, the most surreal Alice in Wonderland moment happened. There was this group of Japanese businessmen on tour, all in suits, didn't speak a word of English, and their tour guide was holding up this little brightly colored flag so they would all see where he was standing and gather around. A cast member playing Alice came up, and said in this clipped British accent, "Oh, are we having a parade today? Very well, alright then, follow me," and she grabs the flag away from the tour guide and starts marching around with it. He just stood there looking confused, and the tour members were staring at her, evidently thinking, "Who is this bizarre American girl?" Obviously, they had no idea who Alice was. Stops and puts her hand on her hip, scolding, "no, no, like this, follow me!" then continues marching with her knees very high and waving the flag. Pretty soon, the Japanese businessmen, all in their suits and ties, are marching around behind Alice, very seriously, knees very high, all in an obedient line. We about fell off our bench laughing...

Angie, for WW points on fast food, there are a couple of great sites on the net...don't know what the rules are if I can link to them (Jane, help me out on the rules?), but if you just type WW points Wendy's or McDonald's or Taco Bell into Google, there are a lot of sites out there. Just compare them to each other, because some will have a point count that doesn't sound right, and several others will have a different count. I usually go with the consensus. Also, if you REALLY want to know the right points, the restaurants themselves often have detailed nutrition info on the web, and you can figure out the points yourself...

Janet, I had a really hard time doing WW on my own. I needed the accountability of a weekly weigh in, and my husband doing it with me has made all the difference -- if you can get a friend or relative to do it with you, it is so much easier -- even fun sometimes! And the weekly meetings give help, encouragement, and support, and you learn and get motivated from things other people share.

Connie, the maple sounds wonderful And glad to hear your hubby's checkup went well...hope your back starts feeling better!

Ack -- gotta run -- still not ready for work...hi to everyone else!
Closed Thread