3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   WHEN should the Jaded Ladies meet? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66697-when-should-jaded-ladies-meet.html)

Jane 10-12-2005 07:25 PM

WHEN should the Jaded Ladies meet?

Oh, I'm so glad we're really doing this!! I can't tell you how much fun and bonding there was in Philly with the mods, and meeting you girls will be great!

No matter where we end up, don't you think we need to pick a date to meet? Seems like everyone thought June was ok, if I'm remembering correctly, and if we go to Vegas, we for sure don't want to go later than that, do we? July and Aug would be sooooo hot. May and September are school months. Hmmmmm....

The first weekend of June is totally out for me, because I have my family reunion then, and it's the only time of the year that everyone is together. Most of us make it for Thanksgiving, but not everyone does.

How about the 2nd weekend? Would that be ok? Father's Day is the 3rd Sunday, so that's out. Or the last weekend? Is that getting too close to the July 4th holiday? It would work for me. So would the 2nd weekend.

Susan, Neal isn't sure he wants to come, so you may not be the only "single", lol.

Jaded Ladies, please chime in with your ideas, ok?

Mom2Gaby 10-12-2005 07:51 PM

Your reasoning sounds perfect Jane, 2nd weekend would be ok with me.

Though I might bring the girls as a vacation and they can entertain themselves some while we meet up. I am sure you would all want to meet them??? haha.

Geez, Angie bring the boys and we can pair them up with the girls :)

da fat n da furious 10-13-2005 12:16 AM

Nah Ive already brought them to Vegas before...Brandon was itching to get on the tables,,too young Whewww And Tanner loved the buffets....lol

I think I can do second week in June. Im hoping Monte can come then too,,,plus my friend Becky who by now should be joined up with us.

We have talked about doing Vegas this would be fun...

RosieKate 10-13-2005 08:41 AM

Talked it over with DH, and we can't get away until he is done with school, so we are looking at the last weekend of June. We are most definitely not bringing the kids, lol!

FrouFrou 10-13-2005 12:51 PM

Just about anytime is good for me so whatever you ladies decide on will be fine. As it stands either weekend of June would be fine. Like Marti, this will be a vacation for me so I will be taking a week, possibly two. Not that that has anything to do with anything. I just need to work things out and figure if I want to drive or fly. I know flying would be cheaper but want to do other things along the way I think. Hubby won't be coming but I will bring DD-she is 21, will be 22 in January and you guys won't even know she's there. She's so quiet.

Another question...are we all going to try and stay at the same place or is everyone going to do their own thing and meet somewhere? That may have to be your next poll/thread Jane. :)

da fat n da furious 10-13-2005 08:09 PM

I think we had better get rooms in the same place...and we can double up for them single ladies...PJ party!

Jane 10-14-2005 11:23 AM

We should stay at the same place and have a PJ party. I could get a suite and we could meet up there. If we stay on the strip, my sister recommends the Stardust hotel. Nice, but not TOO pricey. She and her hubby stay downtown, but says if you've never been to Vegas, the strip is best. Neal's been there, but I haven't.

The last weekend of June will work for me, Katy. Actually it's better than the 2nd weekend, since Neal wanted us to go fishing in Michigan the 2nd week, but I didn't want to sound too picky, lol.

How does that work for you others? WOO HOO!!! SIN CITY, here we come!!

FrouFrou 10-14-2005 12:40 PM

Jane~was going to say the Stardust is fine by me but...I went and checked it out to see what it looks like and where exactly it is and it is nice enough but...thought I would see about making reservations to get a price for 4 days in June and...there are no vacancies from May-September!!! :yikes: If someone else wants to go there and see what they come up with and actually come up with vacancies let me know. But I came up with nothing for the Stardust. It did give me a list of places with vacancies though. If course I will have to go back and see what they are. Was concentrating on the Stardust I didn't look at the bottom of the page so when I printed it it only listed two which were kind of pricey.

Mom2Gaby 10-14-2005 01:31 PM

I have my heart set on Circus Circus - kids and all. Might be fun for adults too???? They have rides - roller coaster - I think - we can see who yells the loudest - jk.

Just a thought - might be too kiddie for some but right up the Gabsters alley - lol

RosieKate 10-14-2005 07:12 PM

I'll check out Circus-Circus - that sounds like fun. DH wants to stay on the strip..possibly the Flamingo as he has stayed there before. If we decide on a place, we might be able to get a deal on a group of rooms. FYI - If anyone is interested in mid week; we are thinking about coming Thurs - Sat. I noticed on expedia that the packages are about $100 less than Fri - Sun. We have some flexibility once DH is out of school. I've been having fun looking at Vegas.com..there's a map there with hotels on it.

da fat n da furious 10-14-2005 09:50 PM

Ok sounds like I am the experienced one....
I have stayed at circus circus..its ok,,,
Excalibur,,,is ok
Flamigo is ok...
The trick for pricing is to find the 1-800 for these places and talk to someone. I was able to get a room at the Excalibur for 37. bucks. Yes this was a few years ago,,,but if we can find out how many rooms we will need we can then go in with how many rooms we can work them down for.

FrouFrou 10-15-2005 02:26 AM

Katy~that's where I spent a few hours today...Vegas.com! There is so much to look at and I still haven't covered everything. Thursday thru Saturday is good with me. I was looking into Friday thru Monday but that would be fine. I am really flexible about when, where, etc.

As I said before it doesn't matter to me where we stay so I will just go along with whatever you ladies want to do. The Aladdin, Luxor and one more caught my eye, darn can't remember what it was now. Oh well, I did print out a bunch of stuff and I am sure there will be more. I bet too if we book a bunch of rooms we could get a better rate wherever we stay. Anyway, The Flamingo looks good to me and...most of June is open right now. Looked at Circus Circus and there are no vacancies for June.

Marti 10-15-2005 03:24 PM

As I mentioned in Chitchat....When we go is another issue for James & me.
He can't put in his time until January. I mention that you all wanted to go around June. He already has people he knows that are planning to take vacation around fathers day.

So until he is able to put in his request, we won't know. But hopefully it'll work out. I think the last weekend would be best for us. We could arrive that weekend, I could spend my day w/you girls and then the rest of the week would be devoted to anniversary gettaway!!

Now I'm off to visit Vegas.com

Jane 10-15-2005 07:15 PM

If most of you want the Flamingo, that would be good for me too. Sounds like we need to book ASAP, don't you think so?

Susan - so sorry for you Circus Circus is booked! The Flaminco will be nice though, too.

Angie - I bet we couldn't get any discount for the few rooms we'll need, but you are the experienced one, not me. I for sure want a suite of some sort, and may go ahead and book since all the hotels are filling up fast.

Cristi - I could go early, but will get homesick if I do, so I'm staying with Friday through Sunday, unless Neal comes, but we really haven't had a chance to talk about it yet. We'll talk more about it this weekend.

Marti - hopefully James will get the time off then. If not, I hope you'll come anyway!

Katy - who's watching your kiddos while you're playing in Vegas? How long has it been since just you and your sweetie have been away alone?

Katiecat - is all this do-able for you??

Mindee - any chance of you coming along then? The baby will be about 8 months old, and you'll need a break by then, lol.

Connie and any other new ones.... please try to join us, ok?

Is everyone up for the Flamingo?

janet_921 10-15-2005 09:18 PM

Jane,
Im hoping to join you guys in Vegas next year...but just not all that sure right now..I live in PA and have to check flights and such and not sure if hubby wants to come or not..but, once you guys start booking..I'll know for sure....
Thanks for the invite...
Janet