Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #146

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site.

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello!

I got in my 30mins of gazelling....(is that word? ) My distance was over 2miles. Not too shabby. Feeling good. Next week I'm pairing up w/a gal at work to work out in the gym. And I'm also going to try and drag one of the guys we work with in there too.

Angie--SO happy for you and the weight loss!! Keep it up! You're doing fantastic!

Jane--Sorry to hear about your satellite. Why does it have to be on the roof? At our other house we lived up in the hills so we had to get a satellite....and they perched it on the side of the house.......would that work?

Cristi--I should have given you my list of errands to do. I haven't left my house at all today and won't until I leave for work. How is the walking coming along?? I think of you when I drag my gazelle out. I think: "Well Cristi's out there in the weather walking!! I can at least do the gazelle in my house!"

HELLO EVERYONE ELSE!!! WHERE DID YOU ALL GO???

Alrighty, I better finish getting my hair done. It's growing out and it's a pain in my puh-tooty to make it look decent.

Chat w/ya later!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:26 AM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,
Jane, we had satelite and got rid of it just recently. And being that our house is tall and narrow with steep roofing we have it attached at the side. Monte tried to do it himself and ended up dropping the dish from the highest part of the house,,,hmmm ya well that didn't go over very well. didn't help that I was standing there watching,,,panicing.
The snacky things are a problem...and I need to be more diligent on not buying and eating them. Im eating more apples,,,crunch crunch.

Cristi, well that many miles isn't too bad I guess but I live,,6 minutes away from work...lol I love Target,,,I spent alot of money there last weekend.
thanks for giving me directions to the tracker...

Marti, thats fantastic that you gazelle for 2 miles...is that a proper sentence? lol Monte said he will bring the gazelle up for us to use. And with the radio can get in a session.

Well I got my hair cut,,,and its short. I must of got about 5-6 inches cut off GGGASP
Im back to my nature dark brown hair color,,,with some funky reds peeking out here and there...

well I should get to work
have a great day ladies...
Old 10-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon

Totally craving beans. Hopeless cause - going to Wendys for a large chili in a second.
Wanted to say hello!! Had a headache again with my assistant, so that has taken up all my free time. She will be written up now -

Girls and I are enjoying homelife - oh joy. Rach is such a messy little creature!! I go in there at night and clean.

Work is great. Have not weighed in weeks - clothes still fit though.

Have a "date" tomorrow with a co worker. The same one that I was in the Rose Festival with and worked with for 6 months. We don't work together now but see each other at trainings. Anyway - weary of this whole dating thing but he has asked several times and might as well just get it over with. lol

I better get - just wanted to pop in and say hello!!!!!! Gazelle?? I know it is an exercise thing but what does it look like? Like a rowing thing?

ahhhhh - beans call , chat later
Old 10-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #5  

Quick today as I have to leave early!!

Angie--Have you figured out your track thing yet??? About my gazelle....I use it in front of the tv. Yesterday I was watching "little house on the prairie" nothing like working out and crying!

Susan--Beans!! Well go get some and make sure you don't do too much tootin'!!

Going to the pumpking patch tomorrow if it's not pouring out. Want to get a couple of pumpkins for the front porch. And that's about as much decorating that I will do.

Ahh....I need to clean up and get out of here. I will catch up later!
Old 10-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

omg!! I HAVE to go to the pumpkin patch too!! It closes at the end of November, I think. I guess I can take the girls on the 15th?

I don't toot Marti. Beans just flush right through me - haha. The chili was wonderful!! Plus a JR hamburger........need some water now.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:05 PM   #7  

Hi everyone!

It's been a few days since I've been on, but thanks (belatedly) for the warm welcome. Been down with a nasty migraine for almost 3 days now. Luckily I had today off (since I work tomorrow) so I've just been resting. I really could use all the support and prayers right now as my daughter (23) just found out she has cervical cancer. Luckily there are just a few cells that they will "blast" and hopefully that will take care of things. Unfortunately they can't do the procedure until Nov. 18 so the wait will be nerve racking.
Hubby has been doing OK this week. Bought a storage building for his "stuff" but having trouble finding someone to assemble it. 2 of his sons-in-law were going to, but then backed out. His kids can be a real pain sometimes!
I haven't even really tried the weight loss thing this week but will get back on track next week. I'm almost through with the SMART Technique program and I think they have helped a little in my attitude about food but so far no weight loss.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Connie
Old 10-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies!

Marti - I'm just about ready to pull out my Gazelle, too. I just hate all the sad news on the TVs at the Y! One tragedy after another, and I just can't take it! I try to just listen to my music and avoid the TVs, but that's easier said than done.

Angie - I can't bring chips and cookies in the house at all, except for the few types I don't like. When I get a real bad craving for chips, I buy one of those 30¢ bags and eat them one chip at a time, savoring each one fully, lol. Yay for the new 'do! A new hair style brings about a new attitude, right?? Like you aren't already sassy enough, lol.

Susan - mmmmm, chili from Wendy's is soooo good! Wish I had some right about now. It's not bad on points, either, thanks to the fiber. Sorry your assistant is being a big pain in the butt. So where are you and your "date" going tomorrow night? Wherever it is, I hope you have fun and that you share details.

Connie - good to hear from you again! So many come and go, I thought we'd lost you, friend! So sorry about your DD!! Are they doing cryosurgery, or something more invasive? Nov. 18th sounds like an awfully long time to wait for that!

Well, I went running around with my sister Maggie today. She went to the Veteran's Office and found out that she's going to get $993. per month from them since Jerry died from prostate cancer, and was in VietNam during the whole Agent Orange ordeal. Now, with her SS benefits, she won't have to find a job. YAY!!

I'm having a retirement party for Neal next month, so have been working on the plans for that, which is right up my ally since I love planning parties.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #9  

hello, I am new to this forum. I want to talk to any member that is on weight watchers program core.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi Elda and welcome to the Jaded Ladies site. Katy and I have both done WW Core, without much success. The unlimited healthy foods were a stumbling block for both of us, lol. However, I've had lots of success with WW flex points and Katy has had lots of success with portion control in general. Angie is doing very well with her first 2 weeks on WW, counting points.

We'd love to have you stay around so we can all get to know one another, but if you're looking strictly for WW Core conversation, you might want to check out that part of the boards. Good luck to you, whichever path you choose.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #11  
Give me strength

Good evening ...
Welcome Elda, like Jane said there are a couple people here who have tried the core,,,and a few of us on the flex points. Which I love. Im a big girl, and my biggest worry of dieting is being hungry,,nothing worse then a hungry big girl. This makes me decide if Im going to eat ALOT of healthy low points food or a lil bit of high points foods. Not saying I choose right but I still have more control.

Brandon got some good news today,,,I had called this casting agent for Tanner and this commercial. Found out that infact they wanted older teen boys. Mentioned I had this huge teenager and she got excited. Went over did the audition and they called earlier to say he got the job. Filming on Wed. Hes making 350. for someone who wasn't planning,,,kinda funny.
The only downer is its for a company in Sask. Next province over,,,so we won't get to see it here.
I think I did the tracker,,,tried this morning then ran off to work. Im exhausted,,,work is great but Im running in two directions at all times. They are loading me up in both dept... plus I joined the christmas party committee. Im in charge of entertainment,,,,Think I found the right clown,,hypnosis, magic comedian. Plus he owns a one stop shop type company,,,DJ services,,fortune tellers, and caricatures (drawing funny pics of people) Im hoping the company can afford it.
Today had everyone doing the double take on my hair...funny thing is the dark brown is my natural color and they are all amazed by my change in look. I just needed a change I guess.
Well Im gonna go finish my book...
Old 10-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #12  
Give me strength

must of did something wrong with that tracker
Old 10-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #13  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Well, I managed to clean up the front yard and one side yard. Still need to work on the back yard and we have a really big hedge on the other side yard that needs a haircut. It has been a rainy week, so my motivation for doing this stuff is really low.

I have been going to enough exercise classes that I finally broke down and bought a three-month pass. It was cheaper than paying with the punch card. After all the mess with my shoulder and back last year, it feels liberating to be able to do all the cardio and lift all the wieghts. I still get a little stiff, but can do it all.

Susan - hope you had a great date. As long as it didn't involve scooping poop, I'm sure it was lovely ( this WAS that guy, right)

Angie - looks like the ticker worked. I have a love/hate thing going with my ticker. It lies to me half the time.....

Jane - Good news about your sister...I agree with you about the news, btw. TV news just seems to repeat the same horrible stuff over and over again all day long. I handle it all much better by reading the paper and checking out the internet. I bet gazelling to Oprah is a much happier experience!

Cristi - thanks for the cute e-card...made me smile. I love the fall, as both my babies are fall babies. It is a busy time for us every year, but a fun one.

Speaking of which, DS wants a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese this year, so I need to go see what the deal is. Hope they have some info online. DD is getting a special afternoon seeing the Lion King on stage..so she's already taken care of.

Hi to everyone else!

Old 10-08-2005, 03:45 PM   #14  

Hello!

Just wanted to pop in real quick to say "Hello"

Jhanai & I are heading out to the Pumpkin Patch today. It's cloudy, but I don't think it'll rain. Who knows though. We'll have fun no matter what.

I will try to pop in later!

have a great day
Old 10-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #15  

Hi everyone!

Jane - I think the dr. is doing cryosurgery. My daughter needed it to be done on a Fri. after work so she doesn't have to take time off and Nov. 18 is the 1st Fri. available. The factory where she works is so strict about time off, they get "points" for every day they're off, even for surgery or with a dr. excuse. After 8 points in a year they're fired. Really tough bosses! Hopefully they have a cancellation and she will get in sooner.

Just got home from work & starting supper. Looks like I'll be taking care of my granddaughter, Chloe, for a few hours so Mom can go out with some friends. I know we'll have to go out to the pond to feed the fish, she loves to do that!
Hubby has had some troubles yesterday and today with words & forgetting their meanings. One more thing to tell his dr.
Time to go, just wanted to say "hi" to everyone!

Connie
Closed Thread