Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #16  
a work in progress

Hi ladies!

1.9 lbs gone this week, really only 17.5 lbs total, not 18 yet, but can't figure out how to make the tracker thingy do tenths of a pound... Tim has lost over 20 lbs now, even after all the Guinness he drank in Ireland!

Speaking of which, I have some of my trip pics on Yahoo now if anyone wants to see them, there are a lot more and I'll put them up soon:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kateothelamp/my_photos

Have fun at the Pumpkin Patch Marti! We will probably go up to Apple Hill next weekend, get cider and pumpkins for Halloween. Maybe one donut. And maybe one piece of fudge. OK, two.

RosieKate, I love fall too -- this is my favorite season Ah, Chuck E Cheese, I remember those days...

Angie, WTG! Sounds like WW is working well for you, too... And congrats to Brandon on the commercial

Susan, Wendy's chili is great, and Jane's right, it's really pretty healthy as far as fast food goes. That whole stupid thing that happened with the woman who lied about finding the finger in it really made me mad, because even after it was made public that she lied, I still had a hard time enjoying it, just the idea, bleah. But finally getting over that, and I'm glad, 'cause I missed it -- one of my fave fast food meals. How did the date-that-wasn't-really-a-date go?

Welcome Elda! My husband and I are doing WW together -- we looked at core and liked the freedom, but didn't think we'd have the discipline to make it work. Also, we go out to eat a lot, and it seems like core would be hard to do at restaurants, since almost no recipes have **only** core foods. But I know there are folks who are having success with that plan. How long have you been doing it?

Hi Connie, nice to meet you, too...what is the SMART technique? For some reason, that made me think of Professor Harold Hill's "think system" to teach kids how to play band instruments in the Music Man There are a few of us here who are prone to migraines, yuk, no fun And sorry to hear about your daughter, but they've made great advances in treating cervical cancer if caught early -- she will be in our thoughts and prayers that the treatment goes well and is successful.

Wow Cristi, all your walking walking walking is an inspiration to get moving! I could up my WW points by increasing my activity. Tim got memberships to the gym for us, but that was kind of stalled because of the problems with my knee and my arm. The physical therapist for my knee gave me the ok to do anything at the gym that doesn't hurt, but my arm is still messed up pretty bad. I could do stationary bike and swimming now, though. Workman's comp sent me to a hand surgeon, and he wants to test me for nerve damage in my right arm, which involves needles and electric shocks, happy happy joy joy So we are just waiting for the insurance to approve the test -- I hope they approve it fast, because I want to hurry up and get it over with, it's supposed to be rather unpleasant.

Jane, do you have a Trader Joe's near where you live? I get Rye Toasts and Baked Pita Chips there that are 2 pts per serving -- and are perfect for that hot artichoke dip I posted in the recipe thread. I'm thinking of where I want to vote for in the meeting thread. SF is beautiful, only about 2 hours drive for me, and tons to do -- I could play tour guide, you guys would love the Legion of Honor art museum, or the Bay Cruise is fun, Biscuits and Blues is a fun place for dinner...but lodging, parking, and driving in SF is pretty bad. Parking is a fortune, and hard to find. When we went over Memorial Day weekend, we stayed in Santa Clara at suites near Great America. I could probably swing Oregon for a long weekend, but Vegas would be a blast, too, and they always have cheap deals for round trip tix. I'd probably have to bring Tim with me if I went to Sin City, though, or he'd be really jealous Another option besides Vegas, would be Reno -- good travel/lodging deals there too, and Lake Tahoe is a short drive away and just gorgeous! We could do a sailboat cruise on the lake, that's a blast...

OK, gotta clean the kitchen and tackle some more laundry. Hope you guys enjoy the pics of Eire. We want to retire there!

Last edited by Katiecat; 10-09-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #17  
GmaTo8

Good Sunday morning, ladies!

Cristi - thank you for the autumn e-card! Happy autumn to you, too, friend.

Angie - YAY for Brandon getting the part. What a coup! I also like being on party committees. That's why I always get involved in fellowship stuff at church, lol. Give the evangelism stuff to someone else, and show me the door to the party, lol. I'd love to see a pic of your hair. Sounds cute!

Katy - good for you going for the 3 month signup at the gym! We used to go to CEC and I was a demon for a game where you roll a wooden ball up an enclosed lane... what the heck it the name of it?? Anyway, I woud get all focused and tune out everything else to make those points and get those tickets, lol. I haven't seen Lion King on stage, but my Katie has, and I hear the performance is breathtaking.

Connie - I had cryosurgery for pre-cancerous conditions of the uterus a long time ago - 1982. Back then they said it was effective for 10 years, so I can only imagine the progress they've made by now. So sorry to hear about your DH's failing health. Wish I could help you in some way. Bet you had fun at the pond with Chloe. (We have a beagle with that name, btw. ) Sometimes when I feel down, I seek out my grandkids and it never, ever fails that I feel so much better after being with one of them.

Katiecat - I haven't looked at your photos yet, but I will next time I go online. With my connection, I can only do so much during one sign-on, without clearing my history. YAY to you for the 1.9 more pounds down!! 17.5 pounds is comparable to 70 sticks of butter!! WOW!! About the meetup, I'm thinking we'd take taxis or walk to wherever we go. If we stay at a place close to something fun, we could walk. And taxi fees split a few ways isn't expensive at all. Just a thought.

Marti - hope you're enjoying the weekend. Do you get tomorrow off, too?

Hello to all the JLs and anyone reading this.

Neal and I went to sister Mary Lou and Leroys campsite last night after dinner. We really had a good time and although we reeked of smoke later, the fire was mesmerizing!

Today is Caylin's birthday party. Can't believe it's been 2 years already! Once again, there will be a boughten cake so it won't be a problem for me to avoid it. I'm doing very well with the food, and not so bad with exercise. Water is never a problem for me - I crave it if I don't get enough.

Hope you ladies have a relaxing Sunday!
Old 10-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals!!

Ok...catch up time!

Connie--Prayers to you and your family!! Cervical Cancer is so scary! You will be in my thoughts. Lots of hugs your way!! ((((HUGS))))

Jane--Did you get your gazelle out?? I have NO excuses to not use it. It has become my friend again (who knew I missed the friendship we had developed! ) Watching news at the gym while working out is NOT very motivational. It gets me emotional and I get weepy. And I hate to cry when I'm working out. (although watching Little House on the Prairie didn't do me any good either....cried then too)

Elda--Welcome!! I don't do WW, but I've seen and heard so many success stories. I have family members who are succeeding so well on it. I do hope you decide to stay and join us. We'd love to have you!

Angie--Hurray for Brandon!! That's great news! Sorry you wont' be able to see it. But is there any way that you can get a tape? (and then send it to all of us so we can peak?) Oh.....you got the ticker down, but you need to put it in your siggy rather than in your post otherwise you'll have to keep on pasting. So get it down again and then get into your siggy and paste it in there.

Katy--Great that you got a three month pass!! I know the feeling of "liberation" when working out. I've only been on my gazelle so far, but I have to tell ya, I'm loving it. I enjoy the sweat! And I have plans of my own to join a class at the gym at work. A body sculpting class. Just gotta find out the time it is so it doesn't interfere w/work. Whatever class I join....I'm going to just do it! I MUST do it. I love feeling good.

Katie--I LOVE your vacation photos!! Ireland is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so jealous! And you my friend, are a very pretty woman! So glad to put a face to your name!! Congratulations on more weight loss!! You're doing a wonderful job! And so is Tim.

Well yesterday Jhanai & I had fun at the pumpkin patch. In fact we went to two since they're next to each other. So many people w/their families. It was great. It was cloudy the whole time and it didn't start raining until AFTER we left! Timing was perfect. We bought tons of veggies, lots of gourds,squash and about 6 pumpkins (all pretty small), just LOTS of stuff, and it all cost under $20. I was pretty pleased!

Ok, taking Jhanai to town to do some errands. I will chat w/you all later!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies

Just a quickie for me because for some reason my computer is as slow as Christmas! Not sure why so will try and catch up with everyone tomorrow. I did manage to post on the exercise thread and change my weight tracker. Had to go back to ticker factory because of that 1/2 pound thing. Wonder why 3fc doesn't do the 1/2 pound? I actually liked the little chick better. Anyway...

Hope everyone is enjoying what is left of the weekend! See ya later
Old 10-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #20  
GmaTo8

Katiecat - OMG!! The photos are great! Makes me want to go to Ireland so badly now. You are a very pretty woman, and I especially like your curly hair. Like Marti says, it's nice to put a face with a name. "Fess up - I bet you really did drink all the beer, even though the caption in the photo says differently, lol.

Thank you so much for sharing, Katie.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #21  
RosieKate

Hi all
I chimed in on the meeting place thread... but now after looking at Katie's pictures, I vote for Ireland, lol! Katie, those pictures are great! You and your DH are a very attractive couple - congrats on the weight loss success for you both.

Today was busy...went to church then out to Portland Nursery for their annual apple tasting - yum! bought a bunch of apples. My faves are ambrosia and honeycrisp. Then I took the kids costume shopping. Not too terrible this year. Leigh is going to be a princess, natch, and James went for a Yugi costume (its some card thingy- kind of like Pokemon from what I can tell)They both look great and I'm glad that part is done - Party City is a scary place this time of year - I don't just mean the costumes, heh heh

Enjoy what's left of your weekends
K

Old 10-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #22  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Katie , had to show Monte the pics and he mouth was drooling...lol Loved the pictures,,,one day I will go there.

I wish we had a pumpkin patch place to go...infact while we were in Montana we noticed white pumpkins, have never seen them here before.

well better run off to work..have a great day ladies
Old 10-10-2005, 10:18 AM   #23  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Old 10-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #24  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

It is official............I have gained!!!!! 163......lovely number, back where I started 18 odd months ago. I put on my capris this past weekend and I looked plump.

I was sitting on the couch last nigth eating a peppermint patty and sucking on a cherry slurpee when Rach said " you look sad"....lol I feel so depressed and fat. So, I got on the scale this morning after taking a 6 week vacation from reality and was somewhat surprised it only said 163. I think I last looked at 153 - so at least 10 pounds in 6 weeks. *SIGH*..........

Totally going to get a treadmill this paycheck and start getting back in shape!!

I am pumped, I am motivated.......ugh, pissed off at myself!

So, the water cooler gossip is false. I am not pregnant........I am just potato chip freindly. lol

I didn't meet up with Pooper Scooper co worker this weekend. We chatted a few times. I am not overly excited about it. Really kind of just focusing on my job and kids.

The girls and I had fun. I let Beck color her hair to cover up her blonde streaks. Upset with one of her teachers for talking about her in a negative way with her fathers ex girlfriend. She called and was nasty about Beck living with me and how this teacher was in at the Subway shop saying he was worried about her - blah - blah.
So, the principal talked with him and he said that was true. Jerk - he has no right talking out in the general public about my kids.

Anyway - I better get! Tons to do........
Old 10-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #25  
kitty Momo

Katie -

Forgot to say - great pictures!!! You look Irish Thanks for sharing!!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Went for my morning walk at the park. I am so glad the weather is cooling off, so nice.

Angie~your threw me when you posted Happy Thanksgiving! I forget sometimes that you are in Canada. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours! That is GREAT news about Brandon! And I like your new avatar and yes you did the weight tracker right.

Katiecat~BEAUTIFUL pictures! I too vote for Ireland now! And yes, it is nice to finally put a face to the name. You and Tim are a GREAT looking couple! I hope you hear something soon from the insurance. The surgery sounds painful, but if it will help you in the long run it will be well worth the pain. on your loss this week, or actually last week. You and Tim both are doing an awesome job!

Connie~(((((HUGS))))) to you. Will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan~I think I would be having a talk with the principal and whoever is talking. And I know you will get back down where you were weight wise. It does creep up there though when you don't pay attention doesn't it. We are here for ya, just remember that. Sorry, you didn't make the date.

Katy~WTG on getting the 3 month pass! Oooooo, Chuck E. Cheese...love their pizza! They have one here, just haven't been to it. Keep telling DD we are going to have to go one day and be kids. I too love that bowling game whatever it's called!

Marti~my walks are coming along just fine. Just haven't been talking much about it. Just went to the park this morning and did 3 miles. The weather was perfect! It was cloudy and a little cool but perfect walking weather. WTG on getting reaquainted with your old friend the gazelle!

WELCOME Elda! I'm not doing WW so can't tell you anything about Core. I actually did it for a while and have some cookbooks and do cook from them, just don't count points or anything. But right now my focus has been more on walking and drinking my water. Amazingly enough the weight is coming off. Hope to hear more from you.

Jane~glad you had a nice Sunday. Hope Caylin's BD is fun for everyone! A very HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY to her!

Well, Saturday was the last day of my six week walking adventure and I am happy to say that I am down 5.5 pounds since starting the WATP book! I changed my tracker yesterday and I am at the same today. Also, I measured before I started and have lost .5 in. in my upper arm, 1.5 inches in my chest, 1 in. in my waist and for some reason my thigh is the same. I did notice a couple fo weeks ago that my pants are a bit loose so I am happy about that. It's not the end of my walking though. I am going to make a workout chart and will be walking at the park 3 days a week, M-W-F and on T-T I am going to do the exercise bike, weights and do one of the WATP videos to mix it up a bit. It is equal to walking but she adds some extra stuff in there so it is a different work-out. I won't be walking on the weekend, I don't think. I say that because I got used to walking the 6 days and I think it will be odd not getting up early to go walk on Saturday so we will see what happens. Anyway, debating over whether I should mow the back yard or not. It is supposed to rain this evening, tomorrow and Wednesday and the yard doesn't really need it. It has been a few days and by the time the rain is done it will be out of control! So not sure if I will attempt to or not. Need to get a load of laundry started and vacuum and that is about all that is on my agenda for the day.

Hope everyone has a great day today and a wonderful week! Take care ladies.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

Wonderful on the 5 pounds Cristi!! Very motivating to hear and gives me encouragement- thanks!

I spoke with the principall and took in a letter of scorn in to her on Friday. - I was asking that he apologize to Becky with her present - if not she needs to be taken out of his class. Also, another teacher told her when she didn't have a book to look at "why do you even bother coming to school??" - made her feel bad. Stupid teachers - would love to yank them out of that school but I do think the principal is good.

best get - again CONGRATS on the 5 pounds !!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Back again...

Finished everything so thought I would look up a few things before Jeopardy.

Susan~thanks! Good for you for talking to the principal. Oh, I so don't like teachers who are purposely mean to the kids. Carrie had a teacher like that and all it took was one conversation and she left her alone. There's no need for a teacher to act that way towards a student and especially because of not having a book! I think for the most part the teachers are good though, just every now and then there's a bad one here and there. Hope Becky realizes it is not her but the teacher.

Anyway, better get going to look up those things, just have a few minutes left.

Have a good one ladies!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

Rebecca is a doll ,she needs someone to speak up for her Cristi. I told the principal that I wasn't happy with her just speaking with the teacher. He really owes her an apology at the very least.

Speaking of Trader Joe's I went there on my lunch break and bought some carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, banana's , apples for lunch.

The sad thing is it is a block away and I drove to the store - lol. Anyway, all in good time - besides it was kind of raining.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-10-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Good afternoon, ladies!

Angie - a very Happy Thanksgiving to you! Why do you have to work on Thanksgiving? We have white pumpkins available around here, and I think they're creepy, unless decorated. Even then the faces look kinda like Michael Jackson, lol. Btw, will you be sure to vote and comment on the meeting thread? It just wouldn't be the same without you there!

Susan - good for you sticking up for your kids, Susan. About the 10 pounds, at least that's all it is, and it won't take you too long to get it back off. Recently gained weight is SO MUCH easier to lose than the stuff that's attached itself like concrete, lol. Why didn't you want to go out with PS? Just no vibes?

Cristi - YAY for the 5.5 pound loss! You are well on your way, Cristi, and I admire your dedication to exercise!

I've been doing laundry today, and sorting through my winter/summer things. Although I know we'll still have some warm days, I want to get the bulk of my summer things out of the closet.

It's dreary here, and kinda cold. A good soup day if I ever saw one.

Hope you have a great day!
Closed Thread