Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 12:41 PM   #1  

Smile Cow Pattys

Kiwi-momma! Of course you must call the paper and demand that they interview your brilliant and beautiful daughter! Wow! You must be bursting with pride!

I'm trying to be good and stay off the puter until my work is done. I'm allowing myself a 15 minute check in and then I have to work. You'd think that the rest of you cows could at least have checked in too so that I'd have something to read.

It's so beautiful and sunny here today I'm having a hard time concentrating. I wish I could go play.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:00 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Talking I live to entertain Wabbit

Although I have very little entertaining to say. At least I can look goofy, thanks to smileys. My daughter and her friend are considering buying fake eyebrow rings to wear on their arrival at the beach house this weekend, the point being to freak out my mother. I cannot bring myself to disapprove.

Between now and Friday morning at 8:00, I have to do fourteen gazillion loads of laundry among other things. I have a headache. I am getting nothing done. DH brought home a new freezer (we had one that some friends gave us, but it petered out a couple of months ago; that was disgusting) and put it in the mud room of all places. The good part (besides having a freezer again) is that he cleaned out all the junk that was in the way. The bad news is he just piled it in front the doors to the garage and the pantry. Thanks so much dear, I needed more to do this week.

Was that entertaining enough? I have to get dressed so I can take DD to theater in an hour. God, I'm such a slug.

Kiwi
Old 06-19-2001, 03:34 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Question I seem to have missed Monday all together!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, LUSHBAT!!!!

I'll have you know that it was mymymy 11th (count 'em) wedding anniversary on Saturday. Dh and I had a fight, like usual. We love each other again now, of course

Are we stuck here forever?
Old 06-19-2001, 06:36 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Red face Boring and sweaty

That's me. I just spent an hour "decluttering" in the mudroom. I found shoes and boots in an attractive assortment of children's sizes (note my one child now wears adult size 8-1/2 shoes). Most of them I cleaned up and threw in a Goodwill bag. Would you believe the nearest Goodwill donation site is 75 miles away from here? How am I ever supposed to get rid of anything?

DD bought her fake eyebrow ring. It promptly broke when she tried to put it on. $5. One more thing to do tomorrow. She tried on clothes, I tried on clothes. Guess who actually came home with clothes? hint: not the giant whale trying on ugly slacks

Right! The cute 13 yr old who fit into the clothes she tried on. Oh well.

Anybody know how long a steak will last in the 'fridge?

Kiwi
Old 06-19-2001, 11:57 PM   #5  
Lumpiest member

Default Pity me.

I spent my evening at a baseball game. A nine inning AA game in Atlantic City. It was awful. They played for 9 innings and nearly 3 hours. Who could reasonably be expected to sit through that?
Thanks for all birthday wishes. I found out that I am the oldest mom in the second grade. How pleasing?
Today was the boys' last day of school. DD's last day was last Thursday. Since then she has been in a whirlwind of parties and sleepovers....today the last friend left and before the car was out of the driveway she was complaining of boredom.
Great. This is going to be my summer.
Kiwi, we've done the fake piercings trick. It was fun. We used a nose ring. BTW...the eyebrow thing works with crazy glue and metal studs. Wish I could be there to see Mommy's reaction.
Sugar darling, I checked in at CM and there was no real action there. I wrote to them, no answer. I agree. Even the smiles don't make me happy here. It is an insecure home. It is not filled with love.
Wabby, it is time to hire workers. It reallyis. YOu do not deserve to work, work, work.
I'm off to collapse after my 9 inning torture. bye
Closed Thread