Old 10-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #121  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

I am finallly able to get on here and chat-

theresa- maybe he is jealous of you losing weight? maybe he thinks you are gonna leave if you lose weight?? I mean guys get so weird about stuff- I am the type to do a Melra type post so I can't add anything else as everyone already said it very nicely. I'd try and stash some cash in case of emergency and keep on your toes. maybe he's having a bad day and took it out on you?? no excuse for that at all though
but his mom is another matter- inlaws can be so UNhelpful in a relationship.
again, I can't add anything else but I am here and ready to support you when you need it.

Melissa- you are a good mom and don't sweat the foods- we all have been there or are there . the kids will be fine- now around here if guys are behind on child support they make a flyer with pics and names etc.. and it says in BIG BOLD letters : this man does not pay his child support and these flyers go up at gas stations, grocery stores etc.. of course they will lose their license and after so long go to jail and while they are in jail the state pays for the support and when they get out they have to pay the state back. I kinda like the flyer thing.

Right now all foods are tempting me and i have blown today to the point where I don't care right now. I need to get out of this blah mood and get it together. I ate so bad today that I should be ashamed of myself. it just wasn't a bad eating day - It was a BAD eating day
I hope everyone will have a better day tomorrow and if you had a good day today
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #122  

I have used the board the same way and also been pulled through some tough times emotionally that would have before sent me straight to the fridge until I was comotose. I think it would be awesome if we could all travel to a middle ground and have a vacation when we all get to our goals! or better yet, take a cruise-see how big I dream?? I am so glad everyone is here.
melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #123  

Man I LOVE the flyer thing! I probably would get into trouble if I did that here. One thing is I do like the new caseworker I have for support enforcement. She had been bugging dennis alot and that makes me happy. They do lose their driver's lisence here too and they can get jail time also. He just seems to put a bit of something on to keep it from happening. He now owes me 1600+ dollars-do you have any idea what I could do with that? Talk about a major trip to costco and as much tp as my car can hold ROFL. Wish we would start that flyer thing here though-man I would personally only eat once a week if I had to to make sure it was paid so there was no flyer of me.
Melissa

Ps-quit eating crappy LOL
Old 10-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #124  

A cruise is endless food. It's everywhere you look. We would all have to be 5 lbs under goal and it wpould be great fun. Maybe that can be a goal in a year.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #125  

I am game-Jason will just have to take some time off to watch the girls and we can do other stuff too other than eat-most even have a gym on board and lots of things to go see but I am also willing to go under 5 pounds of my goal (wink wink)
Melissa
Old 10-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #126  

We could be 13 Thin Chicks on a Boat.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #127  

We will have to change to Chicken Littles!
Melissa
Old 10-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hey, I like Chicken Littles I had a very good day today gals and I'm looking forward to the scales in the AM. It's been awhile since I could say that, so I'm very proud of myself tonight. Allie is STILL up fighting, and she woke Tyler up and he's in his room babbling still I might never get to sleep tonight. They wouldn't even rock to sleep, kept playing with each other, talking, anything but to fall asleep.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #129  

I will have a late night too-Odessa wound up crashing and not waking up until 530p. Wait until they are teenagers-they will never get out of bed then.
Melissa
Old 10-07-2005, 12:17 AM   #130  

Ohhh teenagers, I am not looking forward to that, especially with Allie. I hear girls are so much worse than boys. I'll keep them at this age for awhile She finally tuckered out about 11:30, and I got to finish my exercise in the meantime. I did 7 miles today, and felt I could keep going but I stopped, don't want to overdo it ya know. Tomorrow is my WI and I feel lighter. I feel really good. It's like I stalled out then all a sudden wham...I feel thin, my clothes are loose, and I'm just feeling more confident in myself. I haven't felt good in a long time...and I wouldn't be here without you all, so thanks. I hope we do all meet up one day, that would just be a blast.

Theresa
Old 10-07-2005, 06:45 AM   #131  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

yay me! i lost 2 pounds!! woohoo.
lol. a cruise would be fun. as long as there was stuff to do except eat on the boat. i wonder if they have gyms on the cruise boats or whether the fitness-inclined can just go for a swim
theresa.. i hope that men and mother connection doesn't happen in my case. before i married dh i just tried to tell myself that he was adopted. my mil is something else. she has been so overweight in the past she has diabetes but she has pressured her daughters so much about their looks that they are both anorexic (well, one is getting better now, but the other one is 5'9" and about 110 lbs.. and getting thinner everyday i hear.) totally nutball crazy. so far dh has been supportive of my diet and he enjoys going to the gym as well. but i have mentioned my goal weight to him (the real one, not my ticker goal ), and he says that is way too low. hopefully he will not have a problem in the future, because i do not intend to hang onto the extra 25 lbs between his idea and mine
melissa, i think it would rule if you made a flyer about your bum ex. i really have to wonder about his little "chippy." bless her heart.. what makes her think she will be in a different situation in a few years with him. gosh. some people have no clue.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #132  

Good job on the loss Candace! I seem to be maintaining wonderfully right now so I suppose I need to get a bit more movement in-ugh. They have gyms, spas, and pools on the boat so there is lots you can do for a bit of pampering or excersizing too. Man it is a shame what some mothers do to their children. I suppose we mess our kids up in one way or another but some just seem obsessive about doing it-make sense? The only thing about his new girlfriend is A: she is very young and her husband is like 20 yrs older than her so I dont' think she has ever really had to think for herself. It was scary listening to her talk because she sounded just like me 10 yrs ago. Dennis can be very charming and he knows what the woman wants to hear or needs to hear and preys upon that. By the time he lets his true colors show, you are in up to your eyebrows and several thousand dollars in debt. The one before this one was left with 6000 of debt when dennis left. He left me with about 40,000 worth. One of these days he is going to take the wrong gal and she is going to shoot him or poison his food.
Melissa
Old 10-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #133  
make your time

S/C/G: 184/184/140

Sandisuze~lol you totally busted me with your "Melra type post" line! I've become an adjective! "don't go all melra on me.." Now, Drop The Treats, Lady! Don't derail yourself with any more bad eating. Refocus on your goals and throw in some extra exercise to get rid of those extra calories.

Congrats on the loss Cadwell!!! So glad you're seeing some progress!

I am back in plateau mode now--no change for like a month. I don't think I'm working hard enough though. I need to get more cardio minutes in, I think, and I definitely need to watch my calories more. I have seriously slacked on a food journal and the whole "winging it" thing just doesn't work, I guess.

I had hoped to be down to 155 by next weekend b/c I have to be in a hot tub around other people, but obviously that's not going to happen. I'm going to work on getting as much cardio as possible in the next week though.

I know that I'm getting fitter, I wish I were thinner! I've been doing cardio 4-5 times a week for over 2 months now and it has made a big difference. I ran for a bit last night on the treadmill and when I took my heartrate I realized I had to push myself a bit to get my hr up! My resting hr is lower than it has been (72) and I don't huff and puff as much. Also, I did 15 pushups in a row--2 months ago I could only do 3. I've been trying to work my legs and butt as much as I can b/c those are the areas I'm most self-conscious about. How I wish spot reducing were true! !

I just wanted to remind you all that technically middle ground for us is, um...where I am! and there are no cruises around here. Unless you guys want to cruise around the countryside on a hayride. The food, however, would be just as dangerous b/c hello, kansas city bbq is A*Maz*Ing. True fact.
melra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #134  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

I do so love it! Melra .... the new Adjective.. instead of going off and having a I'll just go "melra"
MMMMM BBQ *wipes drool off bottom lip*

Melissa- the state puts up the flyers- They also do billboards along the interstate. it's kinda cool to see them - everyone stops and make comments.

I deal with to many women who have been "taken" by ex hubbys and how the women work 2-3 jobs and the hubbies have a nice new car etc.. if I get going I'd be on a for pages Not all men are like that but it seems 1 is too many

I like the chicken LITTLES- and i'd be willing to lose 6 pound under goal just to go on a cruise. But I hear you can on cruises too - so I start saving pennies in my penny wish jar.

cadwell on the loss!

everyone for fussing at me- I didn't eat junk like cake or cookies or candy I just ate too much of the foods I had around. I totally ignored the fact that I am trying to lose weight - it seemed NOTHING satisfied my hunger so I ate when I wasn't hungry. I have decided to spend and hour or longer tomorrow when everyone is gone to add foods that I normally eat to fitday so I have no excuses NOT to put in a food. (my typical excuses: takes to long to add a food, no time etc..) I am not sure what's wrong but I will get over it - overeating won't fix it so why do it. I can just go "melra" on the

Little kids are easier then teens - at least I think so -I am still looking into going into the witness protection program when the last one leaves the house.
have a good afternoon all-thanks for cheering me up!
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #135  

I love the Melra, we'll have to keep that one around gals

I was SOOO looking forward to WI today...and it says I'm UP a pound. How is that possible? I've been so good eating wise, and have done 28 miles of exercise this week. What more do I have to do to lose a pound?? My legs are a tad bit sore, so maybe it's muscle gain? I haven't done any weights, but I guess all the walking could build muscle. It's okay though, because I learned last month that the scale doesn't have to move to lose inches. My pants are loose, and that is all that matters!

Theresa