Old 09-28-2005, 08:14 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #114

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:19 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day we can complain about anything!

Amanda YEAH!!!! (It won't let me open the other smileys for some reason)

Carri: glad you had fun and it always seems like the photographer is the one that screws up weddings when something goes wrong. Why is that???

Julie: I admire you getting back up on the horse and getting into a routine again! You go girl!

My woe today is UGH I turned 52 today. The number isn't so painful I guess but to think your life is half over is a little depressing! But I have friends and family that remembered me today so that is always nice. Actually, I am waiting for 4 packages to come for me. Ain't the mailman going to love me! He hates to get out of his truck!

Have a great day girls and stay out of trouble!

Faye
Old 09-28-2005, 12:03 PM   #3  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE!!

No woes today really, except I'm either developing allergies or getting a head cold. BLEH....

I took the day off the gym today bec. I have to teach 2 dance classes tonight and it was just murder last week trying to do that on top of a gym workout. GOt 4 points yesterday.

Gotta fly, Everyone behave today!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE!! - 52 YEARS YOUNG!

Hope you are having a lovely day and are getting thoroughly spoiled!

I got 4 points yesterday!

My Weds woe is I am having a 'fat day' today - I've just come back from my evening cycle class and everyone there was a skinny minny and I felt huge! Sometimes I can really tell I've slimmed down, but on days like today I still feel like a big lump. I'm not going to get down about it though - I am just going to keep on pressing forward and shifting those pounds.

JULIE - I think you are right to have a day off from the gym - the dance classes are enough exercise for anyone!

Hi to Carri and Susan

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:06 AM   #5  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday. Take an hour and do something special just for you today.

Julie
Amanda

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. Jack took me out to dinner last night, which was nice. I got an I Love Lucy clock for my kitchen from my son and dil and my sister sent me a papertowel holder, canisters, and mug holder in the same Lucy pattern for my kitchen. A girlfriend who sells Home Interior sent me lovely candles. So, I had a very nice birthday this year. I received some beautiful cards too.

Amanda: We all have those fat days. I chalk them up to menopause emotions so just chalk them up to PMS! Doesn't matter if you are pmsing or not, blame it anyway! Just keep what you are doing and soon you will be one of those skinny minnys. Most importantly remember you are beautiful NOW!!!!!

Hope you all are having a great day. I got to get with it. I didn't do my cleaning yesterday so have double to do today! Gotta go!

Hello to all our missing ladies!

Faye
Old 09-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #6  
It is what it is...

Hi all ... Today is my birthday, Faye I keep forgetting that our birthdays are a day apart ... you are 52 and now I am 32 ... my how time flies ...dh and db are taking me out tonight for my birthday and I am taking tomorrow off to just relax after the trauma

So Faye happy belated Birthday !!! Glad you had a good one ...

Amanda - We all have those fat days, I am having one today as it is TOM this week ... no watching my diet today, it is my birthday and TOM so I am pigging out !!!!

Julie - Hope you feel better, alot of colds going around here lately.

Hi to everyone else, have a good day!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:24 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRI !!

Have a very happy 32nd birthday - hope it is full of thrills, spills, laughs and games!

I got another 4 points yesterday. I've still not shifted that extra pound I've put on, but I'm sure it is going to come off any day now!

FAYE - Glad you enjoyed your day and got lots of lovely pressies!

Nothing else to report here,

Love Amanda x
Old 09-30-2005, 07:39 AM   #8  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. Share with us your latest cooking disaster!

Amanda

Carri: Belated happy birthday! I was supposed to get a birthday alarm on you, but I forgot to change e-mails with them. I apologize. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!!

It actually turned chilly overnight, but I am not complaining. Maybe it will cool off now permanently for fall. I hope so as I want to combine treadmill with outdoor walking. I am still not in the groove, but I am getting there!

Have a great day girls and hope all goes well for you!!!!

**my last cooking disaster is not really a disaster, just lumps in gravy and I strained them out.**

Faye
Old 10-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #9  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so let's try to all have a very good day!

I see no one was in here yesterday so I have no points to give out.

We have a soccer game in just a couple hours so I had to get up early and get all my chores done before I can get cleaned up to go. I have to run. I will try and check in again later

Faye
Old 10-02-2005, 07:34 AM   #10  

No Silly Poll This week

Have a good day girls

Faye
Old 10-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #11  

hey guys..mind if I join in? I don't have that much free time, but once a day should suffice.

where do we post info? I'm new...

good luck everybody
choirgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #12  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is fruits and veggies. A lot of us seem to be lax on the fruits and veggies. Let's try to include the proper amount everyday in our diet for good health and weight loss. Especially include green leafy veggies. For fruit, citrus and apples are good sources of fiber and strawberries are good vitamin C choices. Also, though high in sugar, a banana is loaded with potassium and needed for all that exercise.

Choir: You are more than welcome here. Just post right here what you would like us to know about you. I kind of administer the thread making sure we have topics everyday, giving out points and moving to new thread #'s when we get to around #45 or so.

About me: I just turned 52 have two grown children, Jack who is 32 and married and Kelly who is 28 married and has given us a grandson named Thomas. I stay at home and work on all kinds of projects. Right now I am getting knitting done for Christmas. My husband and I have been married 33 years and he is the love and light of my life. We are lovers of Las Vegas and make that an annual pilgimage. We have a cat named Butterscotch and a Yorkie named Fortune and as you can see, we live in the south.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later today to see if there is any action. I have talked to myself for 3 days running!

Marsha, Scuzin, Nikki, where are you guys? SusanVa, Hope dh is improving everyday.

Faye
Old 10-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Sorry you've been talking to yourself Faye - I've not been near the computer for a few days.

I have been doing fine and have finally shifted that last pound I put on - making it a 7lb loss for the month. I also measured my inches today and have lost another 6 inches, making a total of 50 inches lost! So that is 50lb and 50 inches lost since January 1st (although I didn't start taking my measurements till February). I am going to aim to lose 8lb in October.

I could have lost more weight if I was a bit more disciplined with my eating, but on the whole I am happy with how I am doing. You all know me from when I couldn't lose more than 10lb before piling it all back on, so 50lb is fantastic! I want to carry on chipping away at it as I am not yet even half way there - realistically it looks like it will take me another year from now to reach goal if I continue to lose at the rate I am. But that is fine - by the beginning of Summer next year I will be not too far off goal which is great! So I feel motivated to knuckle down over Winter and hope I don't lose the plot entirely over Christmas which is what I usually do - but at least I am exercising now which has made all the difference.

Choir - hello and welcome to our group - if you can pop in once a day that will be great as we are very low on numbers at the moment and poor Faye ends up talking to herself all day! My name is Amanda, I am 32 years old and live in the north of the UK. I am not working at the moment, but am currently keeping busy with a computer course, voluntary work (to start soon) and going to the gym 6 days a week. I am a Christian. I currently live with my ex partner (it's a long story) and my cat, Marley. Hope to get to know you well - tell us all about yourself!

FAYE - Are you managing to get back on track yet?

Hi to Carri, Julie, Susan

Love Amanda x
Old 10-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #14  

TUESDAY: Today is target tuesday and our target this week is our "weak" spot. That one food or drink you have trouble giving up. This week think about not only giving it up if the calories and fat just come at too high a price or at least changing it some, like lower sugar soda over the full stuff, or homemade pizza over store or restaurant bought Give it a try and I bet you will see results in just a week or so.

Amanda: No, truthfully I am still struggling. I am having a lot of health issues again and though that cannot be used as an excuse, it does muck things up a bit. I am going at this one thing at a time to get back on track so don't give up on me!

If we could just get a break in the heat for the fall, I could get out and walk and get on my treadmill, but I get up with Jack at 5:15 AM and it has been in near 80 and at least 87% humidity at that time of the morning. I can't get out and walk at 6 because it is still dark around here and I am not THAT stupid to go out in this area in the dark. The house doesn't get below 85 even at night and especially where the treadmill is. We only have 2 windows downstairs that open, the rest are permanent like picture windows. Those two face towards the courtyard and have huge bushes all along their front so it is useless to even open them. My front door is solid glass and wrought iron and doesn't have windows and my back door can't be opened much either because of the flies from the trash next door right now. It is supposed to be cooling off by the weekend I hope so maybe I can really get out and get some good walking in and treadmill work done later this week. I sure hope so. You know me, exercise was my one strong point.

Everyone have a great day today.

Faye
Old 10-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

hello,

I got 2 points yesterday - my food has been wobbly again for a couple of days. The problem is I have been struggling with low mood for a week or so, I think because of the onset of winter and there is less sunshine - this is leading me to comfort eat. Yesterday I was really silly because I had a great workout at the gym and was feeling really good, but then I bought a whole bag of chocolates on my way home, mainly because they were so cheap! The bag is so big (about 30 chocs) that I couldn't eat them all yesterday, so my bad eating has just been carried over to yet another day! I know I should just throw them out, but I can't bring myself to do it!

Anyway, on a more positive note - I've just booked myself in to a new class this evening at the gym called 'fat burner'. I was going to have the day off, but it is 4.30pm now and I am feeling bored and low and I think a good old aerobic workout will give me a lift! I am pleased that I have realised that sitting around feeling miserable is not waht I need and have decided to get off my butt and do something about it!

FAYE - I'll never give up on you hon - we've all been there and know that you'll sort yourself out when the time is right. We all know you can shift your weight big style when you set your mind to it. Maybe a drop in temperature will help you - stop your allergies etc? When does it finally cool down where you are? You should live here - we have 9 months of winter, or that's what it feels like!

Must go and get ready for my class - I need to work off those chocolates!

Love Amanda x