Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #31  
Losing it!

I think the chicken would get mushy Shelley. You could just spray your skillet with cooking spray, but then the chicken probably wouldn't get as crunchy as with the olive oil.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:30 PM   #32  

Gayle you hot spicy chick! The recipe sounds great. Thanks. I drink any green tea. I don't think that it really matters which one you drink. You can even get decaf. I believe that you are suppose to replace any coffee or tea that you drink through out the day with green tea. I usually just have one cup in the morning. Thanks for letting me know about the cranberry juice. I will have to look for one with splendid or make my own again.

Shellley I think that if I weighed myself every day I would get discouraged the days that I am up. It keeps you on track though.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #33  
Losing it!

Hey Girls!!!

Go check out the weight loss thread! We have a new number for total pounds lost!!

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Yes, Dee, Steve says I'm a hot chickie all of the time!!!! LOL!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:20 PM   #34  
Losing it!

I found this recipe, it sounds simple and looks like it may be good??? What do you guys think???? WW/Core People are raving about it.

FIESTA CHICKEN CORE SOUP

1 regular size can of Chicken Broth
1 can of chicken (like tuna)
1 Can of Corn
1 Can of Black beans
1 can of FF Refried Beans
1 8oz jar of FF Salsa

Mix everything together, adding salsa last.

Can top with FF Sour Cream and FF cheese. Could even add a few diced tomatoes if you wanted.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:33 PM   #35  

Gayle,

Sounds good. I may have to make it for Stewart some time!

I'm over the kick-off wieght-loss on the protein diet. I've weighed the same thing since Monday. I'm still staying OP, though, but I may have to change my goal for next Tuesday to two pounds instead of three.

It's weird, because my jeans are getting looser all the time and this morning when I was laying in bed I could FEEL changes in my body--my stomach is just a tad flatter.

NOT GIVING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:43 AM   #36  

Cheryl-You can't depend on the scale alone. The way your body and clothes fit tell it all! You are doing great and take it one day at a time. Maybe the weighing everyday isn't for you, since weight fluctuates so much everyday. I know mine goes up and down 3 lbs from day to day. I am one to talk, though. I weigh everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It's **** to be a burden to your scale.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:12 AM   #37  
Janice

Cheryl - You are doing great, just stick with it and the weight will come off. Try to drink lots of water or crystal lite. I lost 6 lbs last week and only 1 and 1/2 this week, but the scale didn't move until today from Monday. Sometimes it take time to see it on the scale. I didn't realize that nuts were low in carbs, I had a few last night, it seemed like such a treat! HANG IN THERE GIRL, IT WILL HAPPEN!!
Hello to everyone else, hope you are all doing GREAT!
Gayle I'm back in the contest.
LOVE YOU ALL,
Thank you for being there through the rough times. I say things to you folks that I wouldn't talk about to anyone else.
I Love you guys,
Thanks a Bunch
Old 09-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #38  
Losing it!

Janice, I hope you know you can share anything here! I have spilled my heart several times here and each time it is received with compassion and friendship.

Cheryl!!!!!!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE NOW!!!! I'm sending the scale police over to haul that thing off to the scale jail!!!! You WILL drive yourself nuts if you go by what the flip'n thing says everyday. I agree with Shelley, my weight can go in HUGE waves, but yet my clothing may fit differently. Make a graph and just post a weekly or even better yet, monthly weigh in....look at the big picture....as long as you are seeing a decrease on the graph, then you know you are doing things right.

Shelley, you do an AWESOME job at maintaining your weight!!!! I believe it actually can be harder maintaining weight then losing weight.

Off to workie-poo!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #39  

Thanks, Shelley, Janice and Gayle for the encouragement. I still weighed 264 this morning, but I'm still not giving up, either (as I sit here and eat my cold fried chicken for breakfast).

I've had a thought--and I apologize in advance for TMI--I haven't gone #2 good since Tuesday. Could that have something to do with me not losing any weight? I don't feel bad, just haven't had to go.

Janice, I also use nuts as my treat!! Cashews make a wonderful "sweet" treat. Just don't eat too many of them at one time. Hmmmmm......Now that I think of it, aren't nuts high in fiber, too? I think I need to go buy a can of cashews!

Anyway, I *think* I've got a buyer lined up for my trailer (keep your fingers crossed for me) so I've got to go to Magnolia this weekend and won't be back until Tuesday. I also won't have access to a scale while I'm gone. I hope that when I get back on Tuesday I'll be down those 2 pounds!

Cheryl
Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 PM   #40  

Cheryl I agree with everyone else, don't live by the scale. Have you tried measuring yourself, for inches lost? Sometime that is the more accurate measure than pounds. How about your salt intake? If you are eatting salty nuts you will retain water putting on pounds on the scale. You are doing a great job sticking to program so hang in there the pounds will drop off.
I didn't realize that you wanted to sell your trailer. I hope that you do. We will miss you while you are gone. It is a good thing that you aren't taking your scale......hehe

Janice I too have poured out my heart and have had support and love. I share more with you ladies than I do anyone except Larry. Like I have said before that there is only one friend that I have told about my surgery. Everyone else thought it was just a hernia. It sure takes a load off you when you can share. We are always here for you.

Gayle let me know if you try your Fiesta chicken soup. The combo sounds good. Any big plans for the weekend? How does Allison like her teacher this year?

Shelley you are doing a wonderful job maintaining your weight but you don't have to weigh yourself more than every few days! What are you doing to yourself? You know that if you journal your food and jog that you can't be gainning. It is not good for your mental health to be watching the scale that close. I would say that is on the compulsive side. Be careful, you know that I am only saying this because I love you and am concerned about you.

Sherry where did you go? Did Chris consume you? I hope that you are so busy enjoying your time that with him that you don't have time to post.

It is a balmy sunny Friday afternoon. As I sit in my olive green sunroon composing my post I am watching the yellow autumn leaves twirl down from our large elm trees that line the street like soldiers. How perfect can that be. A little bit of heaven. We all need to remember when we are rushing through our day to take a few minutes to appreciate what ever we have or something we enjoy. There are many gifts that we are given that we don't even have time to acknoledge.

We don't have too many plans for the weekend. We will probably go to a movie tonight. Tomorrow we are going to dinner to friends of ours and on sunday we will take a trip out to the country to see mom and dad. I am hoping that we go to a fall supper with them. How about you ladies, what are you up too?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #41  

STOP!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #51.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread