Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:21 AM   #16  
Janice

Well I have been one week on Low Carb. I do love this plan. I have lost six pounds this week. The biggest problem I have is trying to remember to drink water.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:04 AM   #17  

I did stick to my diet this week-end!!!! Anytime I started craving something sweet I drank a HUGE glass of Crystal Lite. I think I drank about a gallon of it yesterday, but not just to satisfy my cravings, I'm drinking it with meals, too. I guess I'm doing something right, because I lost three more pounds over the week-end to make a total of eight since last Tuesday. I, like Janice, am going to wait a full week to update my ticker in my signature. Since I don't always have access to a computer on Mondays, I'm going to make Tuesday my "official" weigh-in day.

Dee--Janice is the one you want to talk to about the surgery. So far, my carpels are fine. I'm sure someday they won't be, since I type on a computer for a living!!! Thanks for the advice about my niece. So far I haven't even seen her since she's been home.

Sherry--I hope you enjoyed your time w/Chris and the rest of the family!

Gayle--I hate that about your cousin. Gangrene is some serious stuff!! Is it the fault of the hospital/doctor? I hope he recovers and is well.

Shelley--If I ever started eating cereal it would be my downfall......Yummmmm. So far I haven't really had any trouble with cravings. I even made Stewart a "honey bun" cake on Friday night and didn't eat ONE bite of it!!

Janice--I'm glad to hear that you're doing well on your low-carb diet, too!! You started on the same day I did! We're in this together, now, I guess

Hello to Debbie, Vicki, Carol, Doni, Titan Dee (if you ever check in!!) and Janelle (if you ever lurk). I miss all of y'all!!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:42 AM   #18  
Losing it!

GREAT JOB JANICE!!!! 6 POUNDS*****WOW!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!
I'm glad things are working out for you. I agree with Shelley, if there is no trust, then there is nothing to build a stable relationship on.

CHERYL, I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL I SEE YOUR LOSS FOR THE WEEK ON TUESDAY!
Drink the crystal light if it's working. You COULD be drinking soda etc. When I lost weight before, I drank the cranberry juice sweetened with splenda. I stopped when I tried a few other diets because of having to count the carbs or points. I really do think it helped with my weight loss, I should start drinking it again.
I feel like it was an error by the surgeon. The staples came loose in the intestine/colon area and caused waste seepage into his system. He is still at the other hospital and as far as I know, no change in his condition.

I only lost 1 pound this week, but at least I didn't have a gain! I had ice cream and cake yesterday along with a non OP meal for the FIL's birthday.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #19  
Janice

Thanks for the words of advice. We have talked a lot, and he says he needed closure from that relationship. We have been married 16 years. Doug says he has the closure he needed and that he would never want to go back to her even if I booted him out!
He said there were no feeling for her anymore but he didn't really know that until he saw her again, and they talked about the past.
Maybe he can finally move forward in our relationship.
I got my surgery date - it is October 7th. I can't wait, I am so much pain all the time.
I'm doing great on the Low Carb though! I am glad there are so many of us doing it, then its easier for me.
I did post on the weigh-in thread.
I feel good!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 07:53 PM   #20  

Hello

I'm sorry! Another short post!! But I'm sure you all understand because I'm spending every free moment I have with Chris! After work I went to the store and cooked. I'm sooooo tired from the weekend but we did have LOTS of fun!! The cook-out was awesome! Debbie & James even spent the night!

WTG for all the loosers here!! I'm sooooooo proud of everyone!! Whatever plan you're following, it's working so please keep it up!!

Janice....I'm so sorry I haven't posted the taco salad that Debbie & I make. Here it is.... (BTW: You're doing great!!)

Ground beef, drained. Add a package of taco seasoning mix. Chop up lettuce, add tomato,ground beef mix,salsa,taco sauce,cheese & sour cream. It's the same as a regular taco salad but no chips ENJOY! Will you please list some of your daily menus so I can get some ideas on things? If so, thanks!

HUGS to all....gonna go talk to Chris. I'll post soon...I promise! Hopefully tomorrow night. I think he's going to Dayna's.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #21  

Oh I forgot:

Cheryl,
I don't know about any conference here but if you come, I would love to meet up with you!!!! Post some of your daily foods too please.Thanks! Great job on Low carb!!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:53 AM   #22  

Cheryl-Good for you! Wow, I can't believe that most of us are following a plan at the same time and actually losing and/ or maintaining! I'm proud of us all. That's not to say that everyone else shouldn't post. All of us OP can help any of you get back the high of being OP! Vicki, Carol, Doni, Jennelle, come back and post!! We miss you!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #23  

Shelley you are right, we are all motivated and losing or maintaining. Superb!

I have to get going sorry I can't post to each of you.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #24  
Janice

Sherry - Thanks a bunch for the taco salad recipe. It sounds yummy, I am going to try it today.
I usually eat whatever meat I would normally be making for supper. I just make sure it is prepared without sauces that have sugar.
I eat a lot of chicken wings! Barbequed or deep fried or oven roasted. Then I toss them with crushed garlic, parmesan cheese, and ceasar salad dressing. They are delicous. I usually eat them with celery sticks and ceasar salad dressing or ranch dip.
Last night I had roast beef with salad and ranch dressing with bacon bits on top.
I eat whatever meat with salad and another low carb vegetable.
I don't eat breakfast until about 10 or 11 and then I make a three egg cheese omelet.
3 eggs, cream and grated cheese. Eating later means I'm not hungry again to supper.
I snack on boiled eggs, cheese, pork rinds, or sometimes I buy the low carb Atkins chocolate bars.
I will let you know as I try new recipes.
Everyone is doing so GOOD!!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:01 AM   #25  

My 1st-week weight loss rush is now over. I have evened out at 264 (I've weighed that three days in a row now). I don't think I've already hit a plateau, I've just evened out in my weight loss for now, I think. I guess now I need to go to every-other-day weigh ins instead of daily ones.

My goal is still to lose 3 more pounds by next Tuesday.

RAMONA--Where are you?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:08 AM   #26  
Losing it!

Cheryl, your body is trying to recupe from the large loss last week. Add more water to your plan and I bet you will see a drop on the scale. BTW: is it close to TOM???? One of the joys of the female gender is raging hormones and huge scale fluctuations.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:09 AM   #27  
Losing it!

Gotta get to work. Hope all is well with everyone, I'll post more later!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #28  

Cheryl sorry for getting mixed up with the ct surgery. Have you heard from your neice? if you want to talk about it message me. You are doing awesome on your weight loss. Keep it going. Do you watch the biggest losser? It is a good show but it is so sad when someone gets booted out.

Gayle I will have to look for the crandberry juice with splenda. I am not sure if we have it here. What brand were you buying? Crandberry juice is really good for you, besides being an antioxcident(sp?) it is suppose to help you lose weight. What I have done in the past is boil crandberries with water, strain and let cool. It will be very tart and on the thicker side. Then I take a couple of oz's and add it to a glass of water. It is ok to drink that way.
How is your sousin doing? I hope that he is getting better.
Only a pound Gayle!!! Hey that is great, we can't always drop a bundle of weight every week.

Janice I am glad that you worked things out with Doug. Isn't it great to come here and pour our hearts out. Everyone here is so great.
Good luck with your surgery. The recover is pretty quick now compared to 20 years ago. I feel your pain sister. Let us know how is went.
You are doing great low carbing. Your chicken wings recipe sound yummy! Good idea with the ceasar dressing. I am counting points with ww's so it would be a lot of points but I am going to try them.

Sherry how are you doing? I am glad that you had a good cook out. Get some rest when Chris isn't around. I hope that you are savoring every moment that you have with him.

Shelley I will be posting in september on the exercise thread. I have been able to walk a 2-3 miles a day now. Soon I will try swimming again. I know that it will be a couple of weeks before I will be able to stretch enough to do that but I am going to try aqua fit.

My sister Gail just called and is coming down. I need to go get ready. Sorry to everyone that I didn't get to say hello to.

One other thing that I wanted to add. I believe that the green tea is helping me lose weight. I have been drinking it for about 6 weeks and I think that besides be good for me that I have been able to drop more pounds than I would have been able to do on my own.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:35 AM   #29  
Losing it!

Dee, I get the Walmart (Sams) brand. I think it is comparable to the Ocean Spray brand. It says right on the front it is sweetened with splenda. I think it is only 40 calories a serving...about 100 calories less per serving than the regular sweetened version. I tried green tea for awhile, then ended up getting out of the habit of making it. Which brand do you suggest?

For all you low carbers:

Dice up some chicken breast, melt a stick of butter in a skillet, then cook the chicken. After it is to the "crunchy" stage, add a bottle of Franks hot sauce to it and lightly coat. Serve with Ranch or blue cheese dressing.

Core:
Same recipe except use your oil allowance for the day to saute the chicken. Then serve with FF ranch or FF blue cheese dressing.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:47 AM   #30  

Gayle-I can't bring myself to use my oil allowance. I never have. Can water or broth be used instead?
Closed Thread