Old 10-10-2005, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default WEEK AT A TIME CHALLENGE #16 - Take one on!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #2  

Hi! Everybody. Hello Casper5AXTSU76 yes I did put lime in my water with 2 pouches of splenda drank them felt good. But it was only 2 glasses rest I drank plain water.
Hi! mscat816 I appreciate the wisdomy words, they r true but its really hard to appreciate myself because as soon as I see myself going down the scale I start eating more ( I fail to know the reason) I have to get over my bad habbit. Today I did 40 mins ex Abs and ARMS AND CHEST had my Breakfast of Smart Start cereal and egg white. Now good to go.........
bye ladies will write more later.
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I'd like to join this club! My hardest thing is having a healthy lunch because I'm running between campuses and doing errands. I end up eating fast food more often that I like. My goal for this week is to eat a healthy lunch (at home or packed) every day. One day down already, as I type I'm having a sliced apple dipped in a nonfat yogurt/low fat peanut butter dip.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #4  

Default Start out with a Bang! Monday!

Ladies let's get going and start this week out right. Please re-read the focus of the thread posted at the start. Then let's all FOCUS - Follow One Course Until Successful- with whatever goals/actions are neccessary to bring us closer to living at healthy weights. First, let us all make certain we declare our action goal(s) for the week by Monday evening. Second, lets report daily when we meet our goals so we can support one another's successes (and challenges). If we post with these two foci in place - posting can be very easy and quick for those of us who don't have a lot of time. Please do not feel obligated to respond to everyone every time you post - as the hostess of the thread that is my responsibility - and I pledge to do a better job!

So let's start out the week with last week's leaders.

Sandy for 1 goal day complete! Whatever your goal is for this week we are here to help you meet with it velocity!

Casper for 3 days of being OP and for 3lbs down!

Me for 5 days of goals met! Next week's goal the same - 20 minutes of exercise a day plus 48 oz of water min. a day for the week!

FishWoman for 6 days of goals met! on your no alcohol goal for the week!

carla for 7 days of goals met - no fast food! We are happy that your surgery went well.

SweetKisses - Let us know what your goal is for the week!

And Stacy welcome to the group. Great goal for the week - I may join you and add that healthy lunch to my goals!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:54 PM   #5  

Hi sandybhat!! So, you did put lime in your water with 2 pouches of splenda! Felt good, huh? Yeah! It's OK if it was only 2 glasses and the rest was plain - at least you drank your water! Doesn't mscat have the most wisdomly words! She's great! I start eating more when I get upset or when I'm depressed - did that today, after I met my OP goal (for yesterday's daily recipes). The kids, my DH and the kitchen renovation are getting to me. Congrats on your 40 mins ex Abs and ARMS AND CHEST! Your breakfast sounds good.

Hi stacylambert!!

Hi mscat!! I finished my OP today (yesteray's daily recipes) but then I binged a little. At least it was on healty stuff. Some English muffins with canola margarine and I started to eat an orange, but it was molded on the inside! Never seen that before - and I just bought it!

Thanks for my for 3 days of being OP and my for my 3lbs down!

My calories were 1,530, but that's because I can't cook yet in the kitchen, as you know - Turkey Pot Pie. I did have 3 veggies with my daily recipe! Yeah!

Hi Bonnie!! Have a good time at the NC State Fair. I used to live in NC - Goldsboro. Good luck on your 1400 calories a day and good luck with your NO WINE! Also, hope you get some exercise in!

You have a good week too! And good luck with your challenges!

hugs,

I'm a little upset, right know. They just took my neighbor to the hospital by ambulance - she is old and was having chest pains. Called My DH at work (as instructed) Hope she's OK. The last elderly neighbor that left in an ambulance didn't come back.....Please keep her in your prayers.

Casper

P.S. I'm drinking water! Yeah!
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #6  

wow! ladies you all are doing great!! Casper5AXTSU76 for your 3 lb lost try hard not to put them back again like myself I had lost a pound and then in 3 day put 2 pounds back now lost 2 lb again I hope I get out of this vicious circle.......... I do this Abs ex everyday it is like Aerobics + toning and if I have energy I do the Abs and Arms video sometimes I skip the aerobics and do the rest it takes some 40 mins but I am somewhat mismerized about giving muscles some rest. Can you enlighten me on this??? whether it is beneficial to do Abs ex everyday?? will be grateful for yr advise.
This week goal is to drink water and controll my evening pangs of hunger have to work on some evening snack.
Hi! Stacy welcome to the challenge good to know your goals, Good luck!!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #7  

Old 10-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #8  
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone! It has been a busy day, but at least i was able to go to the gym and work out. I lifted weights for 20 minutes and ran 2 miles

So. About that no-alcohol challenge. I blew that on day one and now i have an open bottle of wine that i will *have* to finish. I got home from a 12 hour day at work last night and didn't even think about my challenge. I just opened a bottle of wine, had a glass, and went to bed.

I may be sitting this week out. I will pop in to say hello, and start fresh next week with a new challenge.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #9  

Default Muscle Fatigue

Hey Stacy - here are two internet articles with great stuff about resting muscles in between workouts. Hope this is helpful!

http://www.building-muscle101.com/mu...uperation.html

http://www.realsolutionsmag.com/ezine/35/issue35d.asp
Old 10-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #10  

Hi sandybhat!! You gave me my bravos too soon.......... I just weighed myself and I put the 3 lb.s back on again! I think that going to church on Sunday and not going out to the store to get my food for my daily recipes to keep me OP Sunday, yesterday and today (I spent the day with my mother) is the cause.

Oh well, thanks for the anyway. At least I did it and I can do it again! Tomorrow morning, as soon as I get the kids off to school, and my DH comes home from work, I'm off to Shopper's to get my food for the day!

I went out to VA (McLean) to my mom's to go shopping today. I have no clothes that fit, much less to wear to church. I got 2 outfits. I think I look like a big tub of lard in both of them, but everything I got was on sale!! I got a tweed jacket, with a green top and blue silk pants at Talbot's. My husband likes tweed, and surprisingly liked the jacket. Then I got a burgandy and gold sleeveless top with a burgandy and gold crocheted top that ties in the front with a burgandy teired long chiffon skirt at Hecht's. My husband asked me was I Carmen Estarvah. I'm not really crazy about either one of them, but then I don't even like to look at my self in the mirror! Got to lose this butt and pregnant-looking stomach! I've got to start exercising with my neighbor across the street! She has all sorts of equipment!

Anyway getting back to the good stuff, now I have to go hat shopping! I love hats and I wear hats to church. I also have to go shoe shopping. Yeah!

Good evening Bonnie

Even though I put my 3 lbs. back on and have been kinda off my OP, I had a good day. Anytime I go shopping with my mother and spend money I have a good day! Congrats on making your goal Monday!

Have a good evening!

Hi FishWoman!!

Glad you got to go to the gym and worked out!

Sorry about your no-alcohol challenge.........

I love wine and I miss SKYY Blue, Don't sit this week out! Don't wait until next week to start fresh. Be like me! I'm going to start fresh tomorrow! Why don't you think about it and start fresh tomorrow too!

Hi mscat!!

Casper
Old 10-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

2nd day down. Today I had a banana topped with low fat peanut butter and sprinkled with granola.
AND I lost a pound!
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Stacy
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:42 AM   #12  

Hi! Everybody,to stacy, Bonniebelle &FishWoman for staying on their goals and achieving some of them andto all of us for trying so hard. Don't worry Casper5AXTSU76 I think if you lost it once you can do it again, look at me I too lost 1 pound earlier and then put on 2 lb then lost some I am not weighing myself for a week now thats kind of a challenge too for myself. I am trying to drink water and eat sensibly now concentrating on eating small feedings every 2 to 3 hours. Congratulations on your fabulous shopping they sound goooooooood!! I like burgundy too and combination with gold you will look fabulous. you know what 8 months back nearly all my clothes had become tight I was barely able to close the zip of my pants and no longer fitted in any jeans or shirt and could not breathe in them I vowed not to bring any new big size clothes for myself I have to make the existing clothes comfy for myself so I started to do exs but could not control my food I was so frustrated that I am doing 50 mts session of and not loosing anything slowly but steadily I controlled little bit and now I am fitting in my old clothes as well as my new ones 1 size less clothes but now again I am stuck by Nov I have to loose at least 5 lb to fit in a gorgeous dress I bought and it is also my Birthday so got to look stunning in it.........so go on piss yourself out in your old clothes when they will not let you breate you will be forced to loose wt.( am I too harsh) if I am but that works for me...... I too want to loose this pregnant looking stomach thats why i doo this abs video everyday by tameelee webber its like 2 months now......
Please don't mind my see you all later........
Hi mscat816for the websites will surely go to them now.
bye girls c u all tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:37 AM   #13  

Hi Stacy!!

Congrats on your 2nd day down! Today I had a Slimfast Optima French Vanilla Shake and an English muffin with canola-based, trans-fat free margarine. AND I lost some of my weight!

You're welcome for the

Just checking in to say hi back this morning, Bonnie, and to note that my weight came back down a little bit this morning. Back to 170.5 now! Yes, praise the Weight-Loss Gods! I'm supposed to be on 1300 calories, but until the kitchen gets finished, I'm probably going to stay high of that. (TV diners vs.cooking dinner).

I MUST START TO EXCERCISE! So far, today, I've walked 1211 steps!

You have a good day too and thanks for pulling for me!

Casper
Old 10-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #14  

Hi sandybhat!

I stepped on the scale last night and then again this morning and I am doing it again! I lost some of it again! back to 170.5! I'm drinking water as I post! And I'm on OP for breakfast! Thanks. Yes my fabulous shopping with my mom was excatly sooooooooo fun! I plan to stay OP so I can feel fabulous in my new fabuolus outfits! I'm sure that you will look stunning in your dress for your birthday! BTW, you are not too harsh. Isn't the pregnant looking stomach a drag! I'm 48! I need that abs video! I don't mind your , but mscat does, so I'm going to try journaling and we can talk there. Will let you know when I get it set up!

c u tommorow or sooner!

Casper
Old 10-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #15  
Wishon a star

I'd sure love to join your group! I have a date with a couple of gals in the office to walk during our morning break starting tomorrow. Can I have this as a goal for the remainder of the week?

I've fallen into a frump the last couple of weeks and this may be just what I need to get a kick start and to be accountable.
1of3Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote