Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 11:41 AM   #16  

Thanks for all your support ladies...went for the second interview last Thu 7/5 and *phew* was it a doozy. I was sitting at a table with 5 other people getting grilled! (In a nice way of course) I think I did really well - but you always second guess yourself when its over. You know - "why didn't I say this instead of that" game!

But I made them laugh and I was very honest and direct and had a good feeling overall about it. They said they were interviewing one other gal internally and then would let me know. They must have decided to take the weekend to think about because I haven't heard yet! (biting nails/on edge of seat!!) I didn't realize that I wanted the job until Friday after the interview. My best gf had to slap some sense into me. I'm not a big risk taker in the financial arena and this is a BIG change for me. I mean what if I take the position and I hate it??? Yikes!! But I beleive its kismet that I ended up interviewing for the position. Proof that when we are on the right path, doors open up for us! Even if I don't get offered the position it is still a good experience!

Juno: What is it about the female psyche that makes it so difficult to say "no"? I always admire your introspective thoughts and pursuits to achieve all of your goals and obligations! Streamlining our lives - be it personal or physical - is a wonderful idea. Consitency is key. I haven't read it yet but there is that book about simplifying our lives "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff".

Steph: How was the movie Cats & Dogs? Next week on tv is The Story of Us. My gf said I have to watch it - its made for married people! Also on TNT next Sunday is the Mists of Avalon. I read that book a long time ago and the movie version looks good. Of course you have to like that era too - Kings and knights and battles and such.

JustStubborn: I echo Juno's thoughts....I hope you have time to catch us up soon!

I'll keep you posted about the job!

Take Care!
Old 07-09-2001, 02:30 PM   #17  

Hi! Just another quickie from me as I have a bunch of stuff to do as always but wanted to check in!

Raychel - Whatever the outcome the fact that you are being interviewed for that position is fabulous!! Cats & Dogs can wait til video. I lost interest halfway through. Cute but it got old. I was really annoyed the other day as I was searching through the TV guide because I though Mists of Avalon was on this week and I couldn't find it - Thanks!!

Juno - The great No word. I am getting better at it but I recently needed to have one of the kids I watch leave daycare (he has been very out of place & unhappy here for quite a while) but I didn't want to hurt the parents feelings. So instead of just telling them to look for new daycare I just started saying things and planting the seed for them to look elsewhere. I should have just said "adios" a month ago but I was so relieved last night when she said that they were moving him. I hate being cheerful about it but I had no fun watching him. Next time I will act sooner. I've read tons of good books lately. I use magagazines for non-fiction but usually read only fiction. Did you ever read Sister of My Heart of The Red Tent (my newest favorite).

JS - Hope on when you have more time!

Catherine - Glad everything sounds so good in your neck of the woods. 5lbs and it's not even Christmas time yet!! I love the quote. I've been sounding off all that advice at graduation parties this summer. The kids are probably running from "crazy Steph that thinks happiness is more important than successful career goals "

Exercise has been going great and I have made changes in my eating habit that are going to stick this time. I am journaling my thoughts (not about food) but everything else regarding my "well-being" . My brain needs a rest now and more errands are calling my name. Happy Monday!

Stephanie
Old 07-09-2001, 02:54 PM   #18  

Talking

Auuughhhh - HANDS DOWN!! That's what they told me when they called and offered me the Fitness Director position!! That I got it "hands down!!" Weeeeheeeehhhheeeeetteeeehhheeee!

I'm excited and scared and happy all at the same time!

Just had to let you all know...gotta run!!
Old 07-09-2001, 03:04 PM   #19  

Yahoo Raychel!!!!!!!! Many, many congratulations!! I'm so proud of you!!
Old 07-09-2001, 03:06 PM   #20  

100 Cheers For Raychel!!!!!!!!!

I can't say I don't believe it because I do! Congrats on a job well-deserved and I'm thrilled for you!!

Stephanie
Old 07-09-2001, 04:30 PM   #21  
Juno

Angry Go Raychel

Raychel You Rock

Can't help but feel the pride of the 5% here - kind of like learning a classmate has 'done good' - you have really harnessed the power and look where you are girl! I hope you will have time to report every detail of the new job. (Of course you are taking it!) Hooray! Hands down, I love it!

Gotta go

Juno

Old 07-11-2001, 11:29 PM   #22  

I am sitting here sipping on a celebratory 1/2 glass of wine. I went to & retained a lawyer this morning. Last year shortly after I moved out I went to see a lawyer that was recommended by a friend. I wasn't very happy with him and just left things sitting there. This one I like. This one is also female which helps!

Perhaps I should put a warning preamble here - I feel like babbling tonight and most is going to be about me!

Things are going well. I've now past the 8 1/2 months since I moved out. Because we didn't split for any of the 'big' reasons - abuse, etc., we have to go through a year separation. After that year, the divorce is granted with the separation as the reason. Today I met with the lawyer so we can start getting all the logistics out of the way. K & I still get along (for the most part) but I want this all over now. I am so tired of this hanging on and over my head. I haven't told him that I met with the lawyer so being served with the papers will come as a bit of a surprise to him I'm sure but I just need this over. So these papers and the next bit of wrangling will take care of all the logistics so when our year is up, all is taken care of and it's done. BTW, our 'year' date is 21 October. We will have been married for just over 6 years when the divorce goes thru.

Juno, you asked if I have any regrets. Not a one. I guess the only 1/2 regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner but then again, I would have missed that part of the journey and all has been a part of making me who I am now.

I had to smile tho, yes, my lifestyle change did have a big part in me leaving. The longer I'm out, the more I realize how true that is. When I started taking care of myself, I started taking control over my life back. The more control I took back, the more I realized I had given up. I don't think I would have had the personal strength to make the break and make it on my own if I hadn't started changing my life, taking care of myself again and making myself, my physical & mental health my priority.

The first couple months after I moved out were really rough. Not so much because I wanted to be back with him, because I didn't. There was just a lot of fear and uncertainty about being on my own again. Thankfully, between all of you (many thanks!!), friends and my family I was been blessed with a strong circle of support.

Now I am doing pretty good. I still get lonely at times but that's something I'm getting used to. I'm also getting out more and doing more things which I didn't feel free to do before. And it's the simple things that I'm enjoying - such as going to a friend's house for a bonfire. I have also noticed that I'm stronger in who I am and what I want. I am enjoying getting to know myself again! What is the phrase - I am woman, hear me roar!

Raychel, so what's up with the new job? I am assuming that you're taking it....... When do you start? I am so proud of you for going after this and doing so well.

Steph, thanks for the heads up on Cats & Dogs, I was debating seeing that next weekend. I'll find something else to see now How soon is that one kid leaving? I'm glad that's worked out for you - & him.

Catherine, way to go on the 5 lbs!! Glad to hear all is going well with you.

Ah Juno, that fabulous 'no' word. Good on your for taking the weekend for you. I love those weekends altho they do tend to end to quickly!

I should quit babbling and get some stuff done around here. Take care!
Old 07-15-2001, 09:55 AM   #23  

These weeks just seem to fly by in the summer. I thought it was going to just drag with all the kids here but the days go by quickly and then the weekend is here. Even with all the house projects going on I've had some enjoyable weekends. I must admit though that I can't wait for the kids to get a tad bigger because I really don't get out for any hikes and stuff because I want their little legs to get longer. There are some great state parks but the drive doesn't make it worth it when they can hike in but are crabby hiking back.

Two weeks I am in the Rockies and can hike all I want and leave the kids at my moms. I think she has to work til noon but then DH and I are off to hike. I am sure C will hike too but we'll see. We have a relaxing vacation planned even though my mom seems to think we need "real plans" to do things. DH and I are just fine getting to the mountains and enjoying them. We have one day trip planned and the rest is just going to be wing-it type stuff.

JS - I am glad that you are happy with your new lawyer. Wish we all could have been with you to share a bit of wine (except I'd have to have congratulatory beer since I HATE wine . You sound really strong and happy that this has all happened and don't regret that you didn't do it sooner. Like you said it is all part of the journey. I remember the loneliness after a break-up. My cats were my best friends and used to sit on my lap and share my popcorn and watch TV with me. Now my cats only seek me out when everyone is in bed!

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Raychel - did you give notice at your current job? How did they take it?

Juno - I was re-reading a post and the statement about your body changing permanently is so true. Even when I slack nothing really "changes" but a bit of puffiness comes out. I'm getting happy with what I've got to work with (except when my girlfriends and I took the kids to the beach Friday and were surrounded with beautiful teenage bodies. We were scowling for a bit until we reminded ourselves we already did that stage and how stressful it is to look "perky" all the time

Must go and do my Sunday chores (incl. exercise)!
Old 07-16-2001, 04:36 PM   #24  

Hi gals....well I did give my notice. On Friday. It was weird. For all the reaction I got from my boss, I might as well have been asking for vacation time! That's part of the problem with this job - he doesn't care about much except himself and the dollars coming in! All of us who work for him are pretty fed up - he doesn't make the stress of this industry any easier. I think reality will hit when I'm gone and things are a mess here! But again, it won't really effect him but all the gals I work with at my main office. The brunt of the work will fall to them. Of course, we might get someone really good in here, but this is definately a special position. I've expanded it tremendously from when I started 5yrs ago. But, the hard part is over.

JS: It was good to get an "update". I'm glad you are still feeling positive about the changes. I know its tough. Loneliness is problem for me whether I'm in or out of a relationship. (Product of my personality) Its something I've been working on. I think you are doing it "right" - taking care of yourself is always the correct approach to heal!

Steph: I want to come with you!! Hiking every day in the Rockies sounds like heaven and a great stress reliever! Did you watch "Mists" last night? I did. The second part is on tonight. Those things are never as good as I want them to be. Maybe because the books are always so rich and detailed, on tv it falls flat. The Harry Potter movie is probably coming out soon - I'm almost afraid to see it because I love the books so much I don't want to be disappointed by the movie version!

This weekend was interesting - I had an "training" session with one of the fitness instructors. It was like a secret shopper type thing - she didn't know that I am going to be her boss in a month! She was very friendly and accomodating but not nearly enough detail IMHO. The owner called this morning and talked with me about it - he is going to do my next training session. I think thats the best way. I have so many ideas for the job! Just from what I've observed the fitness dept needs some organization and professionalism. Just the kind of thing I like to do!

Welp - thats all for now ladies...enjoy your day!
Old 07-17-2001, 11:02 AM   #25  

Raychel - I just got on to say that I taped Mists of Avalon and I am not sure why I even watched the whole thing. I kept waiting for it to get better but there were very few characters I even liked ( a lot of bad acting). I know better to watch movies after I've read the book too because I always always like the book 100 times more. This just had no spark, no fizzle, and just seemed fake. I think I am going to re-read the book just so I can get my imagery back I saw the previews for Harry Potter and it does look delightful but I did love the books so that will be a major decision come November. That magical feeling will be hard to capture no matter how many special effects are used.

That is all I had to say!!!

Steph
Old 07-25-2001, 03:10 PM   #26  

48 Hours and I am on vacation! I just thought I would try and write now and wish you all a nice few weeks while I head out to CO and enjoy the mountains.

Everything here is just dandy. I have had a workout partner for the past week. I guess C and I have entered a new stage since she got here she has been into the healthy thing and working out with or near me. She claims she is preparing herself so when she is older it isn't so hard to stay in shape (guess she has listened to me whine too much & her mom so oops). But I must admit that I wish I had her mindframe at 14 to actually worry about healthy body because when I was 14 I never even thought about that.

I will be back sometime around Aug. 6 but in the meantime I shall be enjoying the mountain hiking, horseback riding, a nice little whitewater trip, some good reading, and the fresh mountain air. This is the first vacation too where I shall have babysitters (mom) and I can escape on my own. DH and I have a day outingplanned so it will be nice to have some alone time. Haven't had time really by ourselves in a long long time. Not complaining but will treasure the moments (or hate them )

Adios Amigas! Stephanie
Old 07-31-2001, 02:57 AM   #27  
Juno

Red face YIKES

Hey Friends -

Can you believe the busy-ness of summer! It is unbelievable how long since I have posted, and I see things are pretty slow in the 5% neighborhood. I will start a new thread - c'mon over!

Juno

Closed Thread