Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:10 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#49)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 05:28 PM   #2  

Hello

This has been a very busy week at work! We registered several families from New Orleans this week also.

Speaking of N.O.: Chris (my DS) is not going there after all. The government won't release them to go right now. He said the reason why but I honestly can't remember his exact words. Anyway, He'll be here for his 10 day leave NEXT FRIDAY!!!!

Gayle,
Good luck on Core!! I'm glad you found something you like and doesn't make you feel like you're on a diet! YOU GO GIRL!!!! How's work? Are you getting used to the register now?

Vicki,
I have heard that Relacore does work. I have seen it and have been tempted to buy it but it's so expensive! Maybe I will now that it worked for you!! Sorry..but I don't know anything about the Subway diet. Maybe you can find something on-line.

Cheryl,
My former Principal meet her hubby on-line (yep...PRINCIPAL!!!!) and she had her FIRST baby at age 42! She's in better shape then a 21 yr. old and she's a great Mom too! So I really think age doesn't have anything to do with it. Just when you're ready! Good luck going back on low-carb! It's the easiest diest I've ever been on and it works!!!

Janice,
Don't ever feel like you can't come here and talk to us. We are here for each other for many things beside weight loss. I don't want you to feel like what Doug has said or done is your fault because it isn't!!!! I had a very bad first marrige and everything he did to me, I blamed myself because I wasn't good enough.Now I know how WRONG HE was!!!! YOU ARE SMART,PRETTY AND DON'T DESERVE TO BE TREATED THIS WAY!!! Once you realize this you can make the moves you want to improve your life and then you can concentrate on loosing weight. Good luck sweetie and please let us know how things are going.

Shelley,
I'm so sorry you had a bad day. What happened???? I know how you feel though.Somedays I want to walk right out that front door and never come back! Every year they give us more & more work to do!

Dee,
How are you hon? If you can sit up for a while, please post. I love & miss you!!!

Debbie,
How many more days until school is out???? They are driving me crazy!!!! Thanks for helping me with low-carb and asking all my many questions I have. I love this diet and I think I found something that finally works for me! Are you ready to work the game Sunday?

Carol,
I have asked about you several times and now I'm really getting worried about you. Are you ok? PLEASE post soon so I'll know you're ok!!!!!!! I sure do miss you!

Hello to everyone I didn't mention. I need to go pick Wayne up from work...I'M LATE!!!!!

Love to all......
Old 09-14-2005, 05:29 PM   #3  

Janice-If you need anything, please let me know. This is something that you shouldn't be going through alone. Like Gayle says, you need some sort of support and someone that you can talk to. Do you have a best friend or do you have a close knit family that you can confide in? If not, please know that we are here to help.

Gayle-Okay, Missy!! I am too lazy to look around for the recipe. How do you make the Tamale Pie in the crockpot? I'd like to try it. If it takes more than 3 or 4 ingredients I won't be able to make it though!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Like my sig, I'm cheap, fast and easy! If a recipe is too involved, then I leave it to someone else!!!

TAMALE PIE

3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup beef or chicken broth
1 pound extra lean ground beef (uncooked)
1 can rotel tomatoes & chili's
1 14-16 ounce thick & chunky salsa
1 can corn (drained)
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. ground cumin

Mix cornmeal & broth and let it stand 5 minutes or so. Stir in uncooked beef, salsa, tomatoes, corn, olives and seasonings. Pour into lightly sprayed crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or high 4 hours.

Garnish with FF sour cream and FF shredded cheese if desired.

I cooked mine for about 5 hours on low then 1.5-2 hours on high, I also did not add the olives, I placed on the table so whoever wanted to use them could. It is really good, but be forewarned, it is not the most pleasant dish to look at. It never really sets up thick like a typical tamale pie.

On day 2, I added a few red beans to the serving I had. I am thinking if I ever make it again, I may add beans of some type to the recipe.

Sher, I'm glad Chris is getting to come home! I know your thrilled!
I'm getting use to the register, huge orders still make me nervous to some degree. Everything is computerized, so I am working on learning different key codes for certain product we give quanity discount on. It is very confusing at times! I have two different managers I work with and each one has a different way on EVERYTHING of how I should do things. Today I worked 5 hours unloading orders and stocking storerooms/shelves/waiting on customers etc. from the time I arrive to when I leave, I am on the move, never stopping. Hopefully one of theses days I'll start seeing results from all the weight I'm lifting.

Well, I better make dinner for everyone!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #5  

Sherry-We were both posting at the same time! I am so happy for you that Chris is coming home to visit. I know you can't wait to see your baby again!

Gayle-I'll try it without the olives too. Even though we are allowed to eat them, I don't like any kind of olive. I bet it would be good with beans, but I can't have them because of my stomach. Anyway, the recipe looks fairly simple, so I'll give it a try next week.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #6  
Losing it!

OH POO! I made a boo-boo today on my core plan! Thank goodness we get a points allowance! After work I was starving so I came home & opened a can of Campbells bean & bacon soup. I just KNEW it was on the list! AFTER I ate the soup, I went and double checked the list, guess what??? Bean & ham is allowed but no bean & bacon was listed. Boo-hoo!!!! My 8 points went towards a can of soup instead of the glass of wine I had planned! LOL!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Gotta tell you girls a funny! (Well to me) I noticed working in the store we have several middle aged men that come in. I'm not sure if it is because I'm a woman or if they feel free to make comments because of the type of store I work in, but some tend to think they are God's gift to the ladies!
I usually greet each patron with a "Hello, how are you" ...this is two responses:

"SINGLE!!"

"Any way you want me to be" when I stood opened mouth without a response, he followed with " I will be the best you ever had"

Today I even had the mailman make a few naughty like comments and share a dirty joke with me (like I really wanted to hear it)

Good lord, what possesses these men to think they are so cute? LOL! I just had to giggle!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:59 AM   #8  

Gayle-Any cute ones flirting? Are you sure the can was 8 points? I looked it up and it is 3 points for 1/2 cup. Oh well, you didn't need the wine anyway, did you?? Remember, you can earn a few points by walking. You can count 1 point per mile.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #9  
Janice

Gayle - Good for you getting hit on by these guys. Men are just too much aren't they?
I am going to join the Low Carbers on Monday. Planning a big BBQ for the Amanda's boyfriend for tomorrow night. I am just trying to keep busy and not think too much about what Doug did. We are trying to work things out, who knows maybe we can.
Dee- How are you feeling? Better I hope.
Sherry - you are doing FANTASTIC!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #10  
Losing it!

You girls!!! How do you define cute? Salt & pepper hair or balding? Hair growing out the ears & nose??? Big ol' beer belly? Just my luck, so far they all fit the above!! LOL! That is one of the reasons I thought it was so funny, they still think they have it going on! LOL!

Shelley, I was starving and wiped out the whole can so it was 8 points...
I stayed on plan though and DID NOT have the wine tempting me in the fridge.
For some reason I was starving last night, not so much physically though. I even had a large tossed salad with FF dressing before my dinner last night.

Janice, best of luck to you plus know we are here for you!

Well better go, taking my mom to the doctor today. Will check in later.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:43 AM   #11  

Gayle-You have no idea how much salad I eat. My bowl is about 12" round and 2" deep. I fill it up twice before I eat my dinner! I love lettuce with FF catalina and FF honey dijon. I can't survive without my salad at night before dinner. My newest late night snack has been SF/FF vanilla pudding mixed up, then add about a cup of dry oatmeal to it. I divide it in 1/2 and eat it for 2 nights. The oatmeal makes it so good and soothing. I love cold creamy things.

Janice-I hope you can work things out. Have a great barbecue!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:05 AM   #12  

Hello

I'm getting ready to go to bed but wanted to post a quick hi first. I'm so glad it's FRIDAY!!!!!! What a week!!!!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. I'm cleaning & washing tomorrow and Sunday I'm working 10 hours at the Titans game. Some weekend huh? I hope yours is better!!

Gayle...I keep forgetting to ask: Do you think Steve could get me some money saving coupons for Blue Bunny? We FINALLY got BB in Walmart! I LOVE the Splenda frozen treats!! I love the butter pecan & choc. almonds!! And it's only 2 grams of carbs per bar!!! Thanks in advance if he has some!!

Have a great weekend all.....Hope all is well. Love ya!!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:53 AM   #13  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Girls

I agree with Sherry..What a week!! I forget year to year how hard the first few months of school is. I am already a little behind on some paperwork and no time this weekend to work on any of it. Birthday party today and ball game tomorrow!! What I would really like to do this weekend is stay home and { NO ONE know I was home} LOL

Oh well I know things will get better.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hugs...deb
Old 09-17-2005, 09:54 AM   #14  
Losing it!

I'll see what I can do Sherry!!!! Hmmmm...Wayne isn't selling beer anymore?????? We could of worked out a really good deal! LOL!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Hi deb! We posted at the same time! Enjoy your weekend!
Closed Thread