Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 11:34 PM   #16  

Jo, count me in on the challenge. I will be TEN lbs. lighter by Nov. 8. Anyone else interested? Join us!
Trish
Old 10-06-2005, 02:47 AM   #17  

Hello Ladies!

I did my Heart walk! I feel so good about doing it and raising some $$$ for such a good cause! I have been doing a lot of walking lately just to get myself ready for it and I've been keeping it up. I have been very careful with what I'm eating as well so hopefully the pounds will start to "melt off" (fingers crossed). Today I took Nico for a walk by the beach and then walked on it ... I actually made hime walk and not take the stroller. We walked for 45 minutes and he didn't want me to hold him. Let me just say that the 5 minute walk on the soft sand made my b*tt hurt. That's a good thing, right? I've also been doing 50 situps and 50 pushups every day for the past month and lately, have been slacking off a bit and only doing 30 of each instead of 50 (I have a pulled muscle in my neck). I'll get back to do the 50/50 once my neck is better.

Jo & Trish, count me in for the challenge! I will be 12 pounds lighter by November 16! ( We are having our Christmas pictures done that day and I want to look half way decent!)
Old 10-09-2005, 06:58 AM   #18  

Default Anyone remember me?

Sam from Australia here, used to post here back in - what, 1999? Wow.

Have been holding steady on my weight for over a year until this last 2 months, lots of stress and not dealing with it very well, so thought I'd reconnect

Kids are going well - Charlotte is 4.5 and Josephine just turned 3. After some recent personal upsets we have decided to go for #3. So I want to get back on track first....

Hi everyone!
Sam
Old 10-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #19  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default This is more like it!

Well this is so great to have everyone back her posting and some oldies too coming back to the fold.

CJ-Hey there girlfriend, I sure hope you are feeling better once again and no more stomach flu or back problems either. I hope you also had a wonderful time with your son and daughter in law as well. Is it getting cold yet? I hope it hasn't snowed up there yet like it did in Minnesota. I bet you are so glad that you are living there for good and not going back and forth to Royal Oak all the time, now you can enjoy yourself and your retirement at long last. I miss you and Dickie Poo too as does Ken, one of these days we will get out your way again and than you better have the buttershots and the hot tub ready for us.

Sylvia-Great job on your walking for the Heart Walk. It is a great cause. Chrissy walked as well in Detroit, and she did really good moneywise. I gave a donation as well, as my Mom died about 10 yrs ago from a tear in her aorotic artery, like John Ritter did, about a month after a quadruple bypass. It hit me pretty hard and I miss her so much. So the Heart Walk is near and dear to my heart as well. Thanks for making a difference. How far did you end up walking? Was it 10 miles like you thought it might be? Also thanks so much for the wonderful email the other day on my brother Rick's anniversary of his murder. It is so much appreciated, you are always there when anyone needs you. I send you an email back this morning and I do love you so for being the great person that you are. Thanks again, I appreciate it and I know Chrissy does as well. When I talk to her I will mention you and I am sure she go your email and appreciates it as well. It is great to know that my brother is not forgotten. Thanks again!

Trish-Thanks for being the 1st one posting when I was was wondering where everyone else was and didn't want to be all alone. Congratulations on the birth of your new grandaughter. I know you will have so much fun in her life. She is a lucky little baby to have you in her life. I can't wait till I am a grandmother either, with 2 of my daughters married, hopefully one of these days it will happen.Also way to go on the 10 pounds you have lost, it feels good doesn't it?

Sam-Hey there, welcome back to the group. My gosh has it been that long? It seems we have heard from you before 1999. But anyways, I do remember when your name was dreamer and I see your new name is a combination of both your kids, Charlotte and Josphine. Good thinking! Boy they sure got big fast, to think they are almost 5 and 3 now, it seems like you just had them. Sorry about your personel upsets, but we are her for you always in everyway. Hope to hear lots more from you, you are both loved and missed.

Jo-Thanks for the great thoughts about me, I feel the same way and think of you so much and I am so glad to see that you are doing great. Gosh you are one lucky dog to be going to St. Johns soon, will Rich be going with you? You are sure to have fun in the sun when you go. Also thanks for starting the new challenge, it is just what we all need to lose some weight before we go into the holiday season. I am joining you as well. Do you want to start a separate new thread for it? Whatever you want to do will be great. We can all use the help. Thanks for thinking of it

janice-How does your garden grow? What are you doing in your garden? Planting bulbs for next year? Maybe putting in some Mum's? I love gardening, but hate weeding, so mostly I plant container flowers or have some tomato plants in my garden or even in big huge pots. Much less weeding, which I have always hated to do. Let us know what you are doing in the garden. I also would love to hear more about the G.I Diet, what does the G.I stand for? I have never heard about that one, but would love to hear about it and how you are doing too. You can be the first one and maybe others will want to follow in your footsteps if it works and you can lose weight faster. Fill us in!

I myself am doing really great weightwise. I have been slowly and steadily losing, and am down 35 pounds. A while ago I finally got down into the 190's and now if I even only lose a pound, will go into the 180's. I hope this Wednesday when I go to my WW meeting I will get to that goal. I am trying to set mini goals, first it was to be into the 190's, which I met, now I am trying for the 180's. Abd my next mini goal will be to be down more than where I was, which was a few years ago and I was down 42 lbs. So if I get over 42 lbs lost, I will have made that mini goal. I find that mini goals are the best way to go, this way you don't see that you have to lose tons of weight and feel like you will never, ever get threre.

Well take care everyone and let's keep on going to get to where we want to be. With this new challenge, we will get closer to our goal.

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 10-09-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #20  

Default Where is everyone! I am getting lonely again!

COME OUT! COME OUT! WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Old 10-16-2005, 01:41 AM   #21  

I'm here!
I hope all of you lovely ladies are doing well. I'm hanging in there. I have been doing a lot of walking with Nico. The weather has been very nice here so we've been walking on the beach. Talk about workout! phew. Try walking on soft sand while carrying a 2 year old... not fun and not easy. I have been also doing 50 situps and pushups every night before I go to bed. Marcel says he can tell that I'm losing inches and to keep it up. I finally seem to be making some kind of progress with my body.

Sharon- Aw, sweetie, you know you and Chrissy mean a lot to me. Yes, I did the Heart walk. I raised $275 and did the walk by myself. First time I had ever done anything like that. It gave me a sense of accomplishment and gave me the kick in the b*tt that I needed. Luckily, it was only a three mile walk and not more than that. I did it in 45 minutes ...I had two huge blisters on the bottom of my feet (it was in the upper 80's that day) but I felt good. Great job on the 35 pounds lost! Keep up the good work!

Sam- Oh my goodness! It's so good to "see" you! The last I heard from you was when Nico was born (he's 2 now). I can't believe that Charlotte is almost 5 and Josephine is 3! Time does fly doesn't it! Welcome back!

Big hugs to everyone I didn't mention by name! Keep up the good work ladies!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:48 PM   #22  

Hi everyone,
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. We have been busy traveling and my hubby has been sick with the flu. Things are starting to settle down and I'm trying to get caught up with everything.
Sassy, the garden is slowing down. The weather here in Gresham,Oregon is starting to get cooler so the tomatoes, berries etc.. are just about ready to get cut back and get cleaned up before winter. We grow strawberries, blackberries, loganberries, blueberries, kiwi , boysenberries, apples, apricots, cherries and a few vegetables.
I also love flowers so I have lots of roses, mums, and many other flowers growing all over the place. We are on about 4 acres so I have lots of room to garden.
The G. I Diet I just started is the Glycemic Index Diet. It's easy to follow and it works!! My husband is diabetic and has had a terrible time trying to lose weight. He seems to gain a little more with each passing year. Well, we both started this eating plan and in a few weeks he lost 10 pounds! He is so happy and he feels better eating this way.The book I bought is by Rick Gallop. He has basically divided foods into 3 groups. Red light, Yellow light , and Green light foods. The green light foods are good for you the yellow you need to be careful with and the red light are no-no's. You want to eat foods that are low in sugar and high in fiber. Avoid foods that are processed. The more natural the food is the better it is for you. I've also started to eat non fat yogurt that is sweetened with Splenda. Some of the yogurt even has fiber added. The more fiber the better. We are making small changes in our diet and seeing results plus we both feel full all the time because you can have snacks and all the extra fiber really fills you up. Hope this helps to give you an idea of how it works.
Take care,
janicej
Old 10-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #23  

Default Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we are cooking now arn't we. Now I have people to talk to. Thanks Sylvia and Janice for posting, now if we could just get good old Queen CJ in here, we will have a PARTY! LOL Well, not just CJ we could also use Jo, Sam, Trish and synger too. Come on guys, come and post with us.

Sylvia-How great that you raised $275 for that wonderful cause. Look at it this way, you got the benefits of a 3 mile walk and they got the money to help a wonderful charity. Wow between your Heartwalk and all the walking you have done on the beach you should be shaping up for sure. Hope your blisters are healed by now, you poor thing. You mean lots to me too, in fact I was talking to Chrissy this morning on the phone and was just getting around to mentioning you when her cell phone died. But I will be seeing her again or talking to her again soon and will tell her you send you love, which I know you do.

Janice-Thanks for the imfomation on your new program. When you think about it, it all makes sense that program. It is much like my WW program, to try to eat foods that are low in sugar and high in fiber and processed foods are bad for you, natural foods are the way to go. I am sure you will do wonderfully on this plan and congrats to your husband for losing those 10 pounds. I too feel better when I am following my program, have more energy and stamina too. I get sluggish when I eat lots of food and have too much alcohol too. I am always happy when I am on my WW plan, exercising and drinking my water. This is a plan I will have for the rest of my life, not just while losing weight. I know you will do great on your plan.

CJ-Hey girlfriend, get in here. I know you are busy, but I miss you. Hope you are doing alright. Hope you go my emails, am sure you are just busy. Talk to us, we miss you, so get in here and post with us.

I went to Cincinnati last weekend with Ken for a weekend getaway and we had a great time. Stayed at the Millinnium Hotel on the riverfront, looking over the Ohio River. We walked a lot, but ate out and I had some wine and too much food. I came home feeling really sluggish and up quite a bit, but jumped right back on my WW program and the scale has been slowly coming down. I know I will have a gain tommorow when I go to my WW meeting, but hey it would have been so hard to gulp down all that water while on the go. I go to the bathroom enough as it is. I was also craving chocolate so I went with it with some nice deserts, split with Ken, but he only wanted a spoonfull so it was up to me to eat that brownie or chocolate Lava cake that I had over the 3 days. But I had fun and I refuse to have to deny myself when I want something and not be able to have what I want in moderation. We did split some dinners and I would have a salad and I tried to watch it, but it is so hard to follow program when I am traveling so I say I enjoyed it and now I am back to doing what am confortable with in my home. I have been working out, drinking my water and following my program so I know I can't gain all of my 35 pounds back again in a few days so here I go. Ready to tow the line once again.

Take care all and hope to see some more posts from our other Thin Group buds. Miss you guys, Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 10-18-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #24  

Hi,
It's been two weeks since we started our weight loss challenge. So far, it's been slow going for me, only 1.5 lbs. down. How are the rest of you doing? Jo, are you getting into swimsuit shape for your vacation? Sylvia & Sharon, how are you doing?
Trish
Old 10-20-2005, 10:42 PM   #25  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone .. in case you are wondering where I've been for the last couple weeks - I've been down sick in bed! Really really sick ... some kind of virus bug but it sure hit me hard! fever, headache, congestion, coughing, chest congestion, LOSS OF APPETITE (can you belive that?) ... and it's turned into a broncitus and still battling that. But hopefully I am on the mend now and can get back into the life of the living!

Sharon:
Great job on loosing those 35 lbs! You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work - and it's ok to go "off-plan" once in a while ... just so you get right back on again! I got all your emails and I will answer them soon - very soon! I was so sick I wasn't even on the computer at all - I know that is hard to believe but it's the truth! So, my mail is "overflowing" ... You'll hear from me soon I promise.

Jo:
I was going to join your challenge, but guess I cheated a bit - since I was sick I lost 4 lbs ... I am slowly getting my appetite back so hope I don't mess up and gain them back! Are you all set for your trip?

Sam! Welcome back!
Wow, it has been a while .. your girls are getting so big! Glad to hear from you .. hope to hear lots more from you .. glad you're back!

Slyvia:
Great job on the walk! I'm so proud of you! Hope your blisters are healed now ... good job on the sit-ups too ... sounds like you are on your way this time around ... keep on keep on keep on!!

Trish:
Hey, 1.5 lbs is good! Don't give up ... it'll come off!

Janice:
Glad to hear from you ... I have to clean out my veggie garden too ... nothing is growing in it now that's for sure ... in fact, snow is in our forcast already! Sounds like you are doing wonderful on the G.I. diet ... what foods are you eating - is it similar to lo-carb? I'll have to check it out.

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry ... I wanted to check in ... now am going to take my medicine and get to bed. But ... I'll be back!

Love, CJ
Old 11-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #26  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morninggggggggggggg?????!!!!!!! Where did ya all go? I'm not contagious any more ... honest! I'm actually on the mend, getting better every day. Sure has been a long haul - haven't been this sick in years! Hope none of you get it - not fun!

Getting my appetite back so now am going to have watch myself. Hope all of you are doing great and HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE REAL SOON!!!

Well, I'll check back later to see if anyone has returned! Have a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 11-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #27  

Default Is this soon enough!

Hi guys,
How is everyone? CJ I am so happy you are back and doing well and feeling much better. Missed you so much. Boy you must have been sick if you didn't get on the computer and your mail is overflowing too. I will wait for you email reply to me. See I heard you were lonely so here I am!

Jo-Where are you? You need to come back for your challenge to get it going. Or are you on your trip with Rich to the Virgin Islands now? Come on and post and let us know how things are going for you.

Sylvia-How goes it with the family? Nico doing great as usual I'll bet? Are you all recovered from your Heart Walk by now? I know you are busy with the little one, but if you have a minute post and let us know how things are going. Are you still doing all your sit up's and push up's too. Miss you lots too.

Trish-Congrats on the 1.5 lb loss, slow is ok at least you are going in the right direction and that is a positive thing isn't it? How is your cute little grandaughter doing? I'll bet she will have a good time this Christmas season. Last year she was pretty little, but this year you will be able to enjoy her so much more with the presents and all that goes with the holiday season.

janicej-I hope your husband is feeling better and his flu is a thing of the past by now. How is your G.I program working for you? I am sure you are doing great on it. How is your garden coming? Our's is about done by now, but somehow we are having wonderful summerlike weather this week. Mild temperatures and I sure love it. Are you having good weather over in Oregon too?

sam\charjose-How you doing sweetie? I'll bet those 2 kids are keeping you so busy too. Post when you can and let us know how things are working for you. Miss you too!

Peggy-Are you lurking? We all miss you too and want to know how you are doing? Maybe you are traveling, you are quite the traveler if I remember. How is work doing and everything else going on in your life. Post when you have a minute. Miss you much.

synger-Hey there girlfriend are you out there? I'll bet you are busy riding your bike before the winter weather comes your way. We want to hear about any more adventures you are having on your bike.

Sherry-You there too my friend? I miss you and would love to hear from you. How are you and your family doing? You know I love you and want to hear all about how you are doing in your busy life.

Well weightwise I am doing ok, been trying to get into that darn 180's and almost reach it and have a gain and than a loss and now I have like 1/2 to go and I will be there. I hope I can make it, cause that will hopefuly keep me motivated and focused for the holiday season. I won't want to gain my weight back if I can help it at all.

We went to Michigan this past weekend, saw Chrissy and glad to announce that her and my brother, Rick that was killed 6 yrs ago, oldest daughter, Emily is now engaged to a really great guy named Chip. We went to their engagement party, his family is Romanian and it is their custom to celebrate and they gave an engagement party for the happy couple. Well his Mom told Chrissy that no gifts were expected, but I wanted to bring something so I bought a nice bottle of Riseling white wine as did many of the other friends and family of our side. Than on the way home, Chrissy told me that they got around $3,000 in checks and money from his Romanian family. I guess that is their custom to give lots of money to the couple. I think his Mom told my SIL that so we wouldn't feel obligated to give that much money. But I am sure glad I at least gave them something. Now my question is if they gave that much for the engagement party, what the heck are they going to do for the wedding? But we sure had a wonderful time, plenty of great Romanian food and drinks. I was happy that I still lost a pound at my WW this week. I spend a lot of the night trying to get to know all his Aunts, Uncles and cousins, some of whom didn't speak English, but I managed and we all hugged, danced and kissed goodbye and said we can't wait till the wedding when our blended family celebrate the wedding of these great kids. They make a wonderful couple and I am so happy for Emily that she has such a wonderful young man she will marry. Our family has been though so much with the murder of my dear brother, Rick 6 years ago, so I am so happy that even though he couldn't be there, he was in spirit, we at least have some happiness finally coming our way.

Love you, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 11-03-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #28  

CJ,
Glad to hear you are feeling better. My husband has been sick with that cold/cough that has been making the rounds. He is finally feeling better, but he was sick for weeks.
Sassy, you're so good about encouraging everyone. I hope you are able to make the 180's real soon. I know how hard it is to get that scale to move downwards. I was doing great till I bought Halloween candy. We only had 5 trick or treaters so I ate a little more candy than I should have. My husband and I are back on track so we should be seeing a weight loss soon.
Sounds like the engagement party went real well. It's so nice to have extended family.
Need to go out tonight, so I'll write more later.
janicej
Old 11-04-2005, 02:01 PM   #29  

Default Hi Janice!

Hey Janice,
Glad you posted and that your husband is feeling better. Thanks for the great things you said about me. I really do try to encourage everyone because I love our group and everyone in it. I know I will get to the 180's soon too. I just will hang in there. Halloween I did pretty good and hardly had any,maybe one or two small fun size bars. But it is so hard to resist isn't it? Don't worry about what you had on Halloween, you and your hubby are back on track and doing great. Every day is a new day isn't it?

Take care and talk to everyone soon.

Love, Sassy Sharon
Old 11-04-2005, 02:03 PM   #30  

I forgot to ask everyone to go to our Holiday Challenge. This is just what we all need for the Holidays so everyone go and post. Don't let the holidays beat us.

Love you, Sharon Scobel
Closed Thread