Old 09-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #1  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default Mom's Losing Weight...September

Since its Sept. already, I thought we better start a new thread...

Anyhow, Carly, sorry to hear all your family problems with your boys. I got an arguing pre-teen daughter that thinks basically the same way. Its enough to drive a parent insane.

I got my books today. $437 worth. I'm getting used to the idea...my main problem is going to be time management. I'm excited though. Looking through the books, the courses look interesting. I've always loved learning though...with the exception of Science and History. Always hated those.

Tomorrow we work on my mom's house again. I am just overwhelmed with that. I so desperately want her to have a nice comfy, and safe, healthy place to live. It seems like such a long road ahead to get it there. It's harder too, because I feel like I'm neglecting everything around here. My husband brought up a good point though...Why doesn't anyone ever come over here to help me out. I always help my sister's clean or babysit...and I always help with my mom's stuff but no one returns the favor. It doesn't bother me. Its just strange.

Anyhow, I'll check back tomorrow. Tiana has a stomach ache and is to scared to run out tom y husband's work van to get some TUMS.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 07:59 AM   #2  

Default Good morning

hello chris,

how are you?? wow, your books cost a pretty penny huh... well i have been walking still.. and drinking my water again... still not controling my eating all that much but not over doing it either.. if that makes sense..

anyways,, .. good luck in your schooling... i know you will do great... I will check back later..

have a great sunday.....

carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #3  
Focus on the Process

Hey Carly,
Been a busy day here. I got Nicole's bedroom all painted and now I just need to buy my wood for the chair rail and it'll be done. I do need to get a new light though. IT is sooo dated. But her dresser has 3 drawers falling apart so the next expense will have to be some new furniture in there.

I also went to my mom's and helped clean out her basement again. We are doing some serious purging there. My brother took another load to the dump and we got all the antiques out of hiding. My sister is having a lady come and see if she wants any of it. The gal owns an antique store so hopefully we can get rid of some of it.

As far as exercising...None, nada, zip, zilch. Unless you count painting. My eating has been good today though. I had cereal for breakfast. A hamburger patty and some watermelon for lunch, and a diet pepsi this afternoon. Just not too hungry today. Thank goodness.

I'll get back to you in a while. Have a great rest of the day!

~chris
Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #4  

Default Good morning

hey chris,,,

you are always so busy... do you ever rest... today me, hubby and my daughter need to go to my step dads house and clean it for him.. he pays us a little bit for doing it.. so that will help with food shopping this week.. just hope hubby gets off his lazy butt and goes.. besides helping my dad it helps us.. these gas prices are unbelievable .... wow...

anyways,,, eating has been horrible... walked though so thats a plus... need to really get serious about this whole thing.. my daughter starts school no wed so i have to walk to pick her up everyday.. so that will put even more exercise into my day which i am very happy about...

things will start getting better around here... just need to find that positive attitude ... i use to have it.. not sure where it went...LOL... but i am working on that... this poor mouth thing needs to stop... you sow what you speak ya know.. so its time to change...

well have a great day.. keep smiling... and you are doing so good.. i am very proud of you...

carly
Old 09-06-2005, 05:29 AM   #5  

Default Good morning

Goodmorning Chris,

I hope all is well with you... well this weekend was ok.. beside a few issue's with my oldest son.. but he has moved out so maybe things will calm down around here a bit...

anyways,, starting today i am going to get back on the wagon ... no sugar and no dairy... i will try for 1 week... at the end of the week i will give myself some kind of reward... maybe buy a new piece of clothing or something.. ya know.. I have not smoked in almost 2 months.. yippy for me... and believe me i wanted to have one the past few weeks with all the stress around here..lol.. but i didnt so that is a big plus...

school starts tomorrow.. finally my daughter is excited about going... man, does that make me happy... i am going to try and be very involved with her this year... i think its going to be a tough year for her...

well anyways,, i hope you are ok.. i will check back later.. have a great day..

and you are doing awesome...

Carly
Old 09-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

Carly, I could have sworn I left a post but it didn't submit, I guess. Okay...starting tomorrow, back on the wagon for me too. I've been poopin off again. I don't know why I just can't stay on track with this.

Hey good for you! I'm so glad you quit smoking. I haven't smoked for 7 yrs now. It was sooo hard to quit but I stuck with it and even though I gained a little weight, I"m so glad I did. My MIL quit smoking 13 yrs ago, and she has emphysema. We almost lost her 2 yrs ago, but she rallied around. The gross part is that she was coughing up all this thick black stuff in the hospital. It was residue still in her lungs from smoking...even after all those years. IT was disgusting. After all that, I'll never do it again.

I hope your daughters first day of school went good. Mine are enjoying school so far. Tiana is already having trouble with the same girl she did last year. I'm watching that one close. I'm not going to let it escalate to the point it did last year before stepping in. I just haven't figured out why the girl hates Tiana so bad. Tiana is a very passive kid and she never instigates anything. Her teachers say that when Tiana gets involved in a confrontation, she backs away and goes and does her own thing. So I know she's not that bully kind of girl.

Okay...NO SUGAR AND NO DAIRY! I can do it. I'll check with you tomorrow to see how its going.

~chris
Old 09-07-2005, 05:02 AM   #7  

Default Good morning

goodmorning chris,

well today is the first day of school.. getting the kids up is going to be so much fun.. anyways...

I kinda screwed up a little bit yesterday... i had a bowl of cereal with milk...lol.. no sugar no dairy... lol.. but i will try again today..

all we can do is keep trying on day I'll get it right..

I am sorry to hear that your daughter already is having some problems,, that just isnt fair.,. hopefully it will get better for her..

well have a great day... i'll check back later... carly
Old 09-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Carly, HEy good day! I'm sitting on the computer getting my assignments in order so I know what's do and and when. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with this. Maybe its the first day jitters. I hope I get the hang of all this.

The girls are at school and I got so much to do. Tiana's 12th birthday is today. I have to make a cake, wrap her presents, clean the house, do laundry, get started on this homework stuff and....scream!

I haven't eaten any sugar or dairy yet today. In fact, I haven't gotten a chance to eat. That's not a good way to start the day, is it? It's lunch time and I haven't eaten breakfast yet.

I'll check back later. Let me know how your daughter's first day was>.....

~chris
Old 09-08-2005, 05:53 AM   #9  

Default Good morning

hello,

her first day went ok... she still is telling me she doesnt like it but i will give her some time .. hopefully she will start liking it better . if not then you know i will look deeper into the homeschool..

you will do fine.. first day jitters.. we all get them... have some faith in yourself... how was the birthday party.. 12 is a big deal...my daughter is going to be 13 sept 21.. no more babies for me... they are all grown up.. or almost...lol..

well have a great day i will catch you later... carly
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Carly, Afternoon? Morning? Evening? What time is it? I can't tell if I'm coming or going. I'm working on schoolwork. Sort of. I have my Human Relations assignment done, Intro to Business done, and now I have to read chapter 1 in acct, do the homework for that. I still have a 2 page paper to write for my Human Relations class. For my computer class I have to read pages 2-49, 96-125,135-157 and answer who knows how many questions and then do some work on the internet. I still haven't touched my keyboarding book or 10 key book. What did I get myself into? Doesn't look like their going to let me ease into anything. Work my butt of right from the beginning.

If anything this will keep me busy enough and out of the fridge.... I'm taking Tiana and a few of her friends to the movie tonight for her birthday "party". We're going to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I wanna see what the whole hubbub is about.

This weekend is going to be loaded with homework, cleaning, and recharging my batteries. I'm babysitting my dad's cats again. He's doing a walleye tournament this weekend and my stepmom is going with to cheer him and his teammate on. One year he won, and got $5000. I hope he does good.

Okay back to laundry and my homework. Next week should be easier, don't ya think?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:23 AM   #11  

morning Chris,

you poor thing busy, busy.. but its all worth it.. just dont let your brain go to mush trying to absorb everything at once.

well my eating still stinks.. but i did clean and walk yesterday so i am trying very hard to stay busy so not to eat so much..
we are thinking about putting our house up for sale and moving to maine.. my brothers live that way.. one in New hampshire and one in Maine.. i just need to make sure we get what we are asking for... for this house or we cant do it.. need to pay off the debt to start over ya know.. little worried about the job thing in maine but my brother says its not as bad as people think... but hey no negitive all positive.. its time for change... nothing wrong with that..

anyways,, i will keep you updated on the status of that.. and my eating have a great day...

carly
Old 09-13-2005, 12:11 AM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Carly, Boy you are an early riser! It's been soo busy and hectic around here. I have most of my school work done though. I have to turn in a 2 page paper and then I don't have anything due until next Friday. I don't feel so over whelmed this week.

We worked on my mom's house again on Sunday. That seems to be my life anymore: cleaning, homework, housework, chauffering, more cleaning...etc.

I've been sucking bad too with my eating. My time o' the month is due any day now and I have got the sugar cravings like you wouldn't believe. Yes, I've been snitching. Slap me silly, girl! I need a giant cyber slap...or kick inthe butt. You choose.

I better get to bed. I'm going to try exercising in the morning before the family wakes up and see how that works for me. Besides, I'm so tired, I can't type straight.

~check with you tomorrow.

chris
Old 09-13-2005, 05:25 AM   #13  

goodmorning chris,

sorry i cant slap ya.. i have been doing just as bad... i keep trying to convince myself to stop it.. but i think the more i try to convince myself the worse i get.. ya know what i mean.. so i have to go back to when i very first started.. i about 3 months ago i was very aware of what i was eating and exercising.. depression does this to me all the time.. its time to step out of this depressed state though.. so here we go again...

anyways, i hope you have a wonderful day... today..
I have the appraiser coming out to look at my house and give me an estatemate on the value... i guess we are really going to do this moving thing if we can sell our house for enough money to pay off our debt and start with a clean slate... if we cant then i guess its a 2nd job for me for a couple years then we will try again...

my boys will not be coming with us.. one is 19 the other 17 and they dont want to leave here.. my daughter on the other hand is 13 and she really doesnt care... either way.. where i am is where she wants to be ya know..

well anyways,,, i will check back later... have a great day and keep on smilin .. carly
Old 09-15-2005, 12:15 AM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Carly, maybe we can slap eachother. Sounds like we both are doing the same exact thing. I talked to my husband last night. I told him I wanted to go to this weight loss center at the hospital. I've seen a few people do it with good results. They teach you what to eat, how much, come up with a diet and exercise plan, etc. It's an extra expense but I NEED it soo bad.

I went to my arthritis doctor today. All's well. My white blood cells are down but he's not worried about that unless they keep going down. My feet have been bugging me alot so I get another medicine to add to my collection. If that doesn't work, then I get to do a prednisone taper. 20 days of prednisone and then off. After that, if my feet still hurt, we get to reassess the situation and I may have to go on the high pricey drugs. He says my insurance company will pay pretty good if I have to. The standard price without insurance for the next class of drugs I might have to do is around $1500 a month. No joking. With insurance it's usual a $50 dollar co-pay or so.

I better go. I have to do some more homework and then hit the hay. I have to work tomorrow and...it's just a busy day tomorrow.

~ttfn
chris
Old 09-15-2005, 05:18 AM   #15  

goodmorning,

wow, that is alot of money... you poor thing.. i hope you start to feel better soon.. and if the clinic is something you want to do.. you should go and do it.. you need to make you feel better. you seem to take care of everyone else so go take care of you.

how is school??? i hope all is well there.

well i have to go i will try and check back later... carly