3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Summer Starters 9/01/05 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/64443-summer-starters-9-01-05-a.html)

neo98292 08-31-2005 10:39 PM

Summer Starters 9/01/05

Another new month and we are still here! Anyone is welcome to join our group and the question is what challenge would we like to set up for ourselves for the month of September. Since it is the first, we need to make a decision today and then see what we can do to meet that goal we set.
Melissa

LauraB 09-01-2005 08:27 AM

Hi All in September, the most beautiful month of the year.
Below is my challange suggestion from the previous thread.

How about 4 lbs each and a minimum of 10 hours of exercise for the month. That's 30 minutes 5x a week or some combination.
And for those of us who use fitday.com, how about entering everyday, including exercise.
I think I can do this.
Laura

Purplefirefly 09-01-2005 09:26 AM

Happy Septemeber everyone...and hope you're all starting off better than I am :( It's TOM and I have serious cramping and huge headache (for 3 days now). Was up at 6AM to drag sleeping babies to the gas station, where I waited in line and paid $30 for half a tank of gas. Got Allie off to school and went to the grocery store...almsot rear ended someone on the way (never sense someone is moving and go forward without actually looking up :o ) I have never caused an accident in my life, but that was close and made me want to go home and go to bed. Ty fussed all the way through the store but I did NOT buy ANY sweets at all...not a one and I'm proud of myself. It's been years since I shopped completely healthy. I am setting myself up for no slips, and with the price I paid for gas there's no extra money this week to eat out so I should do real good, even if it kills me lol

Well, after putting away all the groceries I am now ready to go to bed and take a nap. I have to go to walmart and pick up pictures and get Allie's glasses adjusted after I pick her up at noon...I'm hoping I can sleep an hour and wake up and magically the day will be better. Does that ever work?

Can't wait to hear from everyone on our new thread here...new beginnings ladies, a great fresh start for all of us that have started to struggle. :) We can do it... no matter what challenge we set!

My personal September challenge: meet my mini goal of 10 lbs.

Theresa

cadwell125 09-01-2005 09:51 AM

i think 4 lbs and 10 hours is a good goal. i think i could handle that. although i would like to lose more.. nothing wrong with exceeding the goal :)

MistyDreamer 09-01-2005 10:00 AM

I'll try any challenge decided on all though exercise is tough with my schedule. But I will try!!!! I had a thought about the hurricane victims, my DH and I both have a lot of good clothes in boxes because of our weight loss over the last year. These clothes are all in new condition, I had been thinking about donating them to a church but now think maybe they could go to some of these people who have lost everything. My job sent volunteers to give relief to one of the hospitals but my DH is disabled and I couldn't go. I guess I just feel that I should do something to help. Has anyone heard of an organization taking up donations of clothing? Please let me know.

Theresa- there must be something in the air--I had 2 TOM in August also, the second much worse than the first. Hang in there it will go away and a few pounds with it!!!

I have to work this holiday weekend so I won't be as tempted by all the cookout food! I think the rising prices they are predicting is really going to force our family to eat out less and eat at home better. We are cutting back now to try to keep our expenses lower. I guess I'm going to have to start cooking more!!

A new month= a new start. No dwelling on the past (unless it's to remind yourself you did it then, you can do it now!!!) Good luck everyone.

sandisuze 09-01-2005 10:10 AM

Laura -Your challenge idea sounds good- I am up for anything because a challenge will keep me motivated.

I am so excited with a new month and a new challenge.

I am trying to look on the bright side of high gas prices.. was looking at used Bike ads last night and thinking hmmm maybe it's a good idea to get a bike.. although we live so far away from the stores it maybe wouldn't work to ride bikes for shopping, but we could get to the library and the park. and it would give us something to do when theres no extra money cause of gas prices. So that would be good exercise and would help with the pounds going off. Hubby is already looking at a scooter (lol) and he is investigating propane for the one car we have been rebuilding.

I am seeing the dentist this afternoon and am not a happy person about it so... if I just need fillings ok But if I have to have one back tooth pulled I won't be real happy..although that means hubby can cook and I can milk the "ohh it hurts " ...

MIL just called and said with so many stations being out of gas- disney would be put off for a few weeks-(they get year passes every year and go all the time) but they are taking the kids for the whole weekend
Saturday, Sunday and Monday WOOHOO!! we won't know what to do! (well yeah we will ) :o: But peace and quiet for 3 whole days... oh my goodness-

Have a good day all and to echo everyone else: we can do this :cheer:

neo98292 09-01-2005 11:06 AM

Misty-I would call your local charities or red cross. I am sure they all have outreaches for the disaster.

Looks like the general consensus is to each lose 4lbs and excersize for the month and it sounds good to me. I am going to need to shop around for some kind of tape cause the weather here shortly will be mush and yuck and I don't want to drag the girls out into it everyday.

With gas prices the way they are, we as Americans may just have no choice but to get more fit. 3 bux a gallon is just ridiculous!

I was right about the water gain-2 of those pounds are gone along with TOM. He is such a pain I tell ya and I feel for those dealing with it twice in a month. Once most of the time is one too many.

Ok ladies-our goal is to lose 4lbs for the month each so that is about 100lbs for the group. Can we do it?? YES WE CAN!!!

Melissa

melra 09-01-2005 12:02 PM

Yay! New thread!

It's so fresh! :lol:

I'm down with the challenge too--I just edited my signature to include a way to track my exercise and pounds. Still working toward my Labor Day challenge too! I've got 7 more pounds to go for my mini goal by 10/15 when I have to be in a swimsuit around our uber-fit friends, so I better have 4 pounds gone by the end of the month! I must remain optimistic about this because I really want to feel comfortable in that dang ole hot tub!

Kayelle~caught your last post on the older thread and your exercise put in yesterday was impressive! Your observations on the treatment you now receive from others is right on. Since my loss this time around hasn't been that dramatic, I haven't noticed anyone treating me differently, but a few years ago when I lost the first 30-so pounds the difference was amazing. I got a little bit of shape to me instead of just being round and got lots more attention esp from men--that's how I met my husband! :o But what irked me was that one of my (now former-) friends kept calling me a skinny mini (SUCH an exaggeration!) in really mean tones and accused me of being more superficial. She was heavier than I was at my highest weight and she refused to do anything to change her habits but also continually whined about her weight. We are no longer friends and it's not because of lack of effort on my part. Now in retrospect it really ticks me off, b/c it's been hard work for me to recommit myself (several times now) to being healthier and I worked hard to get that first bulk off, only to have her (and a couple of others, though to a lesser degree) undermine my efforts by mocking me and turning her unhappiness back on me. Of course I was more superficial! I cared about the way I looked! But that feeling of personal power after I dropped that weight was more important than my new look and I think people were responding to that too.

My husband is the only one after these first 8 pounds to treat me much differently and when he commented on it the other night, I was like yeah--this is the weight I was the night we met!

SuzyMc 09-01-2005 12:20 PM

4 pounds and 10 hours sounds like a good goal for the month. I hope to lose more than that, but like Cadwell said, there's nothing wrong with exceeding the goal! ;)

Purplefirefly 09-01-2005 01:26 PM

Melra, sounds like the friend was extremely jealous...she wanted you to be fat with her, but good for you to keep on going and get back to it. Don't let anyone EVER tear you down like that. You have us here to counteract that now, so don't listen when the jealousy starts to scream your way.

The challenge is on it seems. Feels like a good goal because it's 1 lb. a week and that's not obsessive. Let's get moving, ladies :cp:

Theresa

neo98292 09-01-2005 02:22 PM

I think that it is very attainable too and will give lots of us that extra boost when we lose more than the pound. I know for me it is going to be the excersize thing that will be hardest for me. I guess I will have to watch of freecycle for a treadmill. This arthritis makes it hard to do alot of those machines at least at this weight but walking I can do in spurts. My goal is to be at 215 by Sept 30 and I think I can do it.

neo98292 09-01-2005 02:46 PM

Kayelle my ex was just like that. He griped and complained all the time about my weight and when was I going to do something about it-blah blah blah and then the minute I started cooking healthy he crabbed about it and would be bringing me home all my favorite treats. He would get mad if I wouldn't eat them. I finally just said forget it to myself and quit trying at all. When I had lost 70lbs 9 years ago, many people treated me differently than they had when I was heavy. I also noticed that the customers that came through my line were more open to me than they had before and the kicker is I was the same person there was just less of me is all. I am curious to see what happens this time around.
Melissa

neo98292 09-01-2005 03:18 PM

someone said something about clothes ect for the people in New Orleans. In freecycle they gave the address where you can mail clothes and blanket ect too. They are moving a bunch of people to Texas

Reliant Astrodome
1 Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054

Ice Princess 09-01-2005 03:25 PM

4 lbs and 10 hours I can do that. Gonna try for more because I get weighed on the 11th but will be the 12th, cause thats a Monday. So my goals will be the same but will be from 11th to the 11th. I'm hoping I lost or will lose that last 4 lbs so I can get to 260 and maybe 250 by Octobers weigh in on the 11th. Good Luck to everyone on their challenges and goals.

macdeez 09-01-2005 03:57 PM

Yeah, we're feeling the gas-hikes up here in Canada too. Went from $1.09L to $1.22 overnight. Man alive. Luckily, DH went and filled up the Explorer before we felt the increase. But I've heard that Montreal is seeing $1.35L! Geez. That being said, I visited a local news website where someone had written a letter to the Editor re: complaints about rising gas prices. He/She stated that we pay up to $1.50 per litre of soda, and don't seem to mind that... so why bother fussing over the same price in something that gets us from point A to point B. Made sense to me, anyway.

I'm totally up for September's challenge... 4lbs and 10hrs of exercise. I've decided to walk the duration of Meleigha's preschool class... so 2.5hrs 2x per week. :) I'll be walking her to and from school so I'll be motivated (hopefully!) to stay outdoors. My personal goal is to fit into a sz 7 by the end of September (I currently wear a sz 8-9) and to have shed another 4 inches (total) by the 20th (Measurement Day).

Good luck to everyone this month... I KNOW we can ALL achieve our group goals AND our personal goals!

~mel