Old 09-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #151  

Make the decision to stop and start on a project. Do something you haven't done for while. You have come so far and worked too hard to throw it away. We are here for you!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #152  

I just took my bike out on the road for the first time. I went 2 1/2 miles, most of it riding, some walking when the hills were too tough. A lot of the road is dirt and gravel and that's harder to ride on. It took almost an hour and it was really hard so I feel really good. I am going to hurt tomorrow, but that will be ok.
Thanks for all the encouragement.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #153  
make your time

S/C/G: 184/184/140

laura, i bet that was quite a workout--good for you!
melra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hey everyone! My back is 100% better today, but I've replaced that pain with achy legs and thighs, exhausted tired feet, and a headache. I am beyond exhausted it was so much work today! On the up side I am $70 richer, which isn't too bad for a Friday afternoon when a whole 5 people actually stopped

Great job on the bike Laura! That certainly is more than I could do...feel proud and enjoy the burn tomorrow!

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #155  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

that's great laura! what a workout! i want to get a bike so i can go riding. not safe to bike here on the streets esp. with my bad balance and lack of coordination so i will drive to a trail or something. as soon as i start getting some money coming in. i want to get one of those flat foot "townie" bikes.
well i went with folks from work out about an hour away to do some marketing today and we all got pizza for lunch. i did good an only had two slices (thin crust, yay!) but i really wanted that third slice that was just sitting there with my name on it. only had two though and no chicken wings. yay me. missed the gym yesterday though. but i am going tonight.
i am so jazzed. i was on the radio today i am usually too shy to call and if i do i always feel like some famous person or something. well i guess that was my two minutes of fame. yay me again.
congrats on your yard sale theresa! i wish i had $70 worth of caca i could get someone to buy. i have tried to sell stuff on ebay but with no luck.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #156  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

wow laura that bike ride sounds fantastic. I shudder at the thought of myself riding a bike Although back in the day before i had a car and before public transportation I had a 10 speed i rode all over 10-15 miles a day and thought nothing of it. of course I weighed 98 pounds soaking wet and was 18 years old- (and happy late Birthday to you!)
YAY Cadwell - and on the radio- cool..
fantastic theresa- 70 .00 is a decent amount of money-I hope you make more tomorrow! I need to get busy and get going on ebay again. Christmas is comming and unfortunatly since hubbys company sold to another they don't get bonuses at Christmas anymore. they used to get 2 weeks pay for a bonus and that was Christmas plus some other goodies and some in savings. I am going next week to wallyworld and putting stuff on lawaway. I didn't tell anyone else but I put a ps2 on layaway 3 weeks ago. that way everyone can play and my little one wants a ddr so she can dance to the music as she says.We avoid Credit cards at Christmas at all costs - we see too many friends get into trouble with them.
I did see our local wallworld has the gazelle edge now and I am seriously considering it- They are on sale for 75.00 normally 98.00- I'm thinking it would be good cardio and maybe not as boring as the bike- although I am getting into weights, even lifing the 8lb dumbells feels really good and I like the feel of muscles moving.
I fought major temptations today- Boss had a huge bowl of reeses PB cups on his desk along w/ all kinds of other chocolate and the smell was killing me. I could have so easily grabbed a piece or 2 or 3 or 10 but I didn't.. ohh i wanted too and it's going to tempt me to no end every time i walk in there..
Have a good night all and hope everyone is having a great weekend
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #157  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Unhappy

Okay-a little whine --TOM and a nasty cold both came and slapped me this morning I feel like crud- sore throat, stuffed sinus', pounding head, sweating, cramps-I just want to go to bed! I am a big baby today!

I did drink all my water and drug myself through the grocery store with the 2 little ones, which on a good day is enough exercise, so I am counting it as such for today. I still have had no soda-WOOHOO! Day 9!

Laura-Hope you had a super birthday !! Good going on the bike! We are going to get dd a new bike next week, I might have to try it out.

Sandisuze-I'll have to check out that gazelle edge at WM, I'm getting bored with just walking on the treadmill I hear ya' about getting ready for Christmas! We have 6 kids, and even though we don't get stupid, (they know it's not their birthday we're celebrating!) it still gets a little expensive!

Well, now that dd is done with dinner dishes, I think I'm going to soak in the tub!

Have a great night ladies!!

Kathy

fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #158  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

woohoo! i lost another pound! already met september goal! yay! now i just hope i can keep up this monentum and keep losing this month instead of getting stuck like i sometimes do.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #159  

Congrats on the pound lost and making September goal-we aren't even two weeks in yet so that is awesome.

I almost scored a treadmill from freecycle today but someone was a quicker clicker than me. I think if I have something that I can time, it will help for excersize for me and I would like to do it before weather is completely icky here. Took all 3 kids grocery shopping this morning and I tell you I am ready for a nap now! But I thought I would check so see what is going on here and I got laundry going-geez talk about a never ending deal around here.

I have been perfect op this week and I sure hope it reflects on the scale on Wednesday-I really want to make my goal I have for this month. I would actually be thrilled if I even passed it by a pound or two. My poor doctor isn't going to recognize me next time I come in-I only go in if she makes me lol. Keep up the good work gals and let's stick to our guns and make it happen.
Melissa
Old 09-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #160  

Hey everyone! I just put up the yard sale for today, and I made another $130 plus a bunch of quarters I haven't counted out yet. $200 total and the storage building in the back is getting pretty empty! Yay, we are almost ready to tear it down and good riddance! One more day and I'll be back to normal life. I am so tired, my legs so sore....but I weighed this AM and I'm down 2 lbs!!! I can't credit the yard sale with it all since I didn't WI on Wed. but I'm sure 2 days of constant motion, lifting, twisting and turning and running in and out of the house, across the yard, out to the building....whoo, it's been so much work!

You ladies getting on the bikes are so incredible. I don't think I'd remember how, though they say forgetting that is impossible, right?

Too bad one of you don't live near me because I saw a gazelle posted on freecycle here.

Theresa
Old 09-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #161  

I just did 3 1/2 miles on the road with my bike. At about 3 miles my legs gave way and I had to walk a bit. It's really hard cause the road is a mix of pave and gravel and it's hilly. I like the downs, but the ups are so tough. I don't feel bad when I have to walk up hill cause I am lugging all these extra pounds and it's been a long time since I had a bike. So altogether I feel good. BTW if someone held a butter pecan sundae with hot fudge and wet nuts in front of me, I couldn't even taste it. Is that what hard exercise does to you?
We are meeting friends for dinner and then we have tickets to a concert. I already decided to have a crab cake appetizer as an entre and a salad, so I'll be ok. I wish I could have candy at the concert, like M&Ms, but that won't be a good idea.
Theresa-good for you making money on stuff you don't need. I love yard sales. I got my 2 matching dark green velvet sofas at a sale 15 years ago and they are still excellent today.
Melissa- good too hear you are OP all week.
Cadwell-sounds like you're on a roll
I hope everyone has an easy night re food and stays OP cause it feels better in the morning when the day before was good.
Laura
Old 09-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #162  

PS- I can't believe this is my 105th post. Is this my new addiction instead of food?
Laura
Old 09-10-2005, 05:11 PM   #163  

Hey better to have this as an addiction than probably anything else I could think of. There are no calories and it is good for the soul.
Melissa
Old 09-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #164  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Well theresa you certainly got me motivated to clean out some stuff, so I went thru all the Kitchen cupboards and cleaned up and tossed out old lids and those items that fall in the back of the cabinets- tonight I am tackling my bedroom closet, I need to organize some stuff for better access. congrats on the $$$ made!
Kathy- 6 ?? oh my- I really don't know how you all can go to the store and stay sane with the kids?? I can't take my hubby or any kids with me the cart fills up with junk.
Still debating on the gazelle --thinking it may be good for exercising- I am turning into a weight lifting junkie- I mean all i have are dumbells but I am liking it as exercise. and I guess thats the key- liking what you do as exercise and you keep on doing it. I tell hubby that i will be "buff" one day

Made a yummy dinner tonight-

1 box (8oz. ) whole wheat pasta, cooked
2 cans diced tomatoes with italian seasoning -drained
1 green pepper sliced thin
1 small onion sliced thin
a handfull or 2 of mushrooms sliced
Sautee veggies(except tomatoes) in a bit of olive oil - (we like ours cooked but not limp)
when veggies are cooked to your liking, toss in drained tomatoes -until they are hot (like 1- 2 minutes) mix veggies with hot pasta - I served ours with a sprinkle of parm. cheese

why are there food temptations all over right now in my life?? bosses new candy bowl, people bringing me a bag of the new chocolate covered chex mix , klondike bars in my freezer ,cookies from the schools bake sale in the cupboard. arrgh I am really not a ice cream person or even a cookie person- but just knowing they are there it's annoying me..I plan on working in the closet and then exercising - then it's saturday night with the hubby,a movie and a bowl of smart pop! I am back OP and drinking water I find if I don't I miss it so much..
I can do this.
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #165  

Yes, Sandi you CAN do this! You have your plan for the night, and I hope you get to stick to it. I'm glad I inspired you to get rid of some of your junk. Most of what I am selling is old stuff from the kids, everything from clothing to infant car seats, strollers, changing table and bassinet, toy boxes, etc. Plus some of those way overpriced big baby toys that play music and lights...you know, the ones that cost at least $30 each and the kids don't want anything to do with it after a week? LOL I sold 2 of those to a guy, both practically brand new with working batteries, both for $15...and I paid about $70 for them both. If I had another child I would not spend half the $ I did on these two when they were littler. Live and learn I guess.

We went to taco bell for supper and I went on and had what I wanted. That is all I ate the entire day, so I shouldn't be over calories and i was so hungry I was getting headaches and felt lightheaded. Tomorrow I have to find a way to get some food in me before 7PM. I did chug down a lot of water, but everytime I went to the kitchen to get something another person would pull up out front for the sale. I finally gave up and just stayed on the porch until evening when the people slowed down.

Theresa