Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 07:44 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Wink ~~ The Thin Group #54 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 06-06-2001, 07:59 AM   #2  
CJ

Default good morning ...

Just thought I would pop in and say good morning. Have laundry to get done this morning so am going to try and pry myself away from the computer! First, I have to update my online journal (which you can get to from the bottom of our website if you are interested) but, unfortunately I am behind ... last journal entry was Mother's Day! I hope to get it cought up today ... and there are a couple weeks where I didn't journal (just in my head) so I won't be able to remember what I ate now. WEigh-in is tomorrow but I got on my scale this morning and it looks like I am going to be the SAME! Angeleyes - I know how you feel about plateaus! I've been on this one for weeks and weeks! Gotta break soon!

I put a pic of our future home we are building on the last thread, so if you don't mind I will put it on this thread too so you can all see it (brag brag brag) I'm so excited about it. Like I said tho, it won't be done in logs as the picture shows, but in Cedar and we will have many many trees around ours and the octagon dining room and greatroom will be overlooking a beautiful valley! And to answer Angel-Eyes ????? - YES - everyone will be invited when it is finished!

Well, will check back later ... think I will go and try to get my journal reasonably updated on the website ... Have a great day everyone!

Love, Carol
Old 06-06-2001, 08:12 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Back on track......

Hi Ladies ~ ok, I think I'm back on track. I feel really good about getting back on my WW eating plan. I weighed in this morning (but won't tell until Monday...ha!) and I was 3 pounds LESS than 3 weeks ago when I "started over" (again....I do that alot lately), when I lost 7.5 lbs so I think I feel good about that.

CJ ~How is your WW going? Since I've been MIA lately, I haven't kept up. Are you still going? Still losing? I think WW is the best WOE for me.

Well, just wanted to check in so I don't get too behind here and disappear again. (not that many notice but I do that alot....ha!) Have a great, great day!!
Old 06-06-2001, 08:57 AM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

So isn't it interesting how Queen CJ always seems to show up just in time to start a new thread??? Hmm.....

CJ, you have every right to brag. The house is beautiful!! Yours will look even better with all the trees and stuff. Can I come to the big housewarming when it's done? I'll bring a (lo-cal) covered dish!

Trish, welcome home! How was Ireland? Oh, dumb question, right? Sounds wonderful. Ireland's one of those places on my "I want to get there someday" list. My friends who live in England are planning to move to Scotland in the next few months and have invited me there. Another place I'd love to go.

Who was talking about plateaus on the last thread??? I'm so sorry, I can't remember who it was. That's the only problem with starting new threads, CJ you brat!!! Anyway I apologize to whoever it was and want to say that I totally agree with you!! Actually, I'm doing the little yo-yo thing these days. Up a little, down a little. But never too far from where I started. Grumble.

Well, I had a message on my phone this morning that my boss is coming back from his business trip 2 days early. (Another engineer on the same trip called to warn me! ) Guess he'll be rolling in here any minute. Have to run.

Take care everyone!
Much love, Jo.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:50 PM   #5  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink gotta get a grip....

Hi Ladies...I was #28...and didn't want to miss the next thread, so I copied it to bring forward. LOL...Jello, IT WAS ME...TALKING ABOUT THE PLATEAU...LOLThe last few days, I've been having alot of trouble...can't seem to stay motivated...Been trying so hard to get off of this darn plateau...YES AGAIN....I know all the reasons why? your body does this...but what I can't figure out...IS HOW TO STOP IT!!

HEY LADIES!!!....come on...just a momentary lapse!! Right with you .....yesterday was a big dissappoinment for me. I don't really know if it was due to anything in particular or just...tired and fed up with not losing. Anyway lets just say that the box of cookies is now in the garbage andTODAY IS A NEW DAY!! Like I said....could have been just feeling sorry for myself. Last night after chat...(missed you Mom) I cruised the boards for some motivation, and found it in some of the sugarbuster posts. Great articles on protien, metabolism and diet in general...esp-"PMS" And since I am expecting TOM, soon read enough to get through....not with the
expectation of losing, but maintaining , getting healthy, fit and
have started to realize, ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE DARN SCALE!!

Oh, I know...I'm one of those...(gotta weigh in everyday) but I think I will let myself off the hook abit...and try every 2 days. It will take a bit of getting used to, but then I don't want to have to keep feeling this way. The other article I thought that was interesting was....a chart telling what your maintenance calorice intake should be(100%) and your losing rate(75%) and to gain rate(125%). So that was interesting...for me....maintanence should be 1487....losing 1187....and well gaining...who cares?..NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! SO TODAY IS ANOTHER BRAND NEW DAY.....NO GUILT...JUST A FRESH START!!

come on....WHO'S WITH ME?....

ps...CJ...your house looks positively gorgeous!!It will look lovely in cedar....when its completed...do we all get an invite?
Old 06-07-2001, 12:14 AM   #6  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hi Thinsters, Never Fear I Am Still Here!

Hey guys,
Well the company is finally gone. They all left Monday, Memorial Day. My daughter Tracy in the Air Force in Florida and her boyfriend, Brett came too and stayed till Thursday morning so I got to spend some extra time with her after all the Scobel's left.

Anyway's have had a nice couple of weeks here. Maybe too good though. I think we ate out 4 out of 5 days. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and had a 2.8 lb gain. It would have been more but as soon as all the company left I got right back on track as best I could. Now I am working on getting back 100 % the way I was.

Saturday was my son Alan's high school graduation so that was another celebration. I was pretty proud watching my baby walking across the auditorium stage to get his diploma. After 4 kids (2 girls and 2 boys)it is such a strange feeling to have your last one graduate. But Ken and myself have had many memories of their school years. All the functions, band concerts and all the fund raisers we had to do through it all. So hat's off to anyone else who's child has graduated as well. My sis in law Chrissy had my niece Ellen graduate and so has Sherry's son as well.

CJ-Hey you big BRAT! I see you started the new thread this time. BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT-I knew you couldn't resist. HA HA Hey thanks for the picture of your soon to be new place up north. It is really beautiful. Gosh you know that Ken and I will be visiting you too. You can count on that. Got your email and will get back to you and as you can see I am doing just fine and when I get that weight I gained during the Scobel Invasion I will be even finer. LOL Good luck with your weigh in, hope you get that 10 lb ribbon. Let's try to get in touch with each other one of these days. Both of us sure have been busy and never can connect. Hope it is soon!

Angel-Your new hair-do sounds just what the doctor ordered. Hang in there girl, you will break that plateau yet if you just keep on doing what you have been doing. You have worked really hard to get where you are and just don't get discouraged. Thank of all you have accomplished so far. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just keep on posting with us.

Zoe-Hey there, congratulations on your 3 lbs down. I am sure the scale will be kind to you when you go. You can come and go as many times as you want to. Just keep on coming back to us cause I miss you when you are gone and this group just isn't the same without you, you know. Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Trish-Welcome back from your vacation. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in that beautiful countryside. Wow you sure did well only gaining a pound during your trip. My gosh that is great!

Sandi-Yes as you can see I am here and doing well. No I am not working this summer and am taking it easy and enjoying the summer and will probally look for something maybe toward the end of summer. It has been raining so much here in Indiana as well. It seems like the last 3 weeks there hasn't hardly been many days without some rain. Well the grass and everything else sure loves it though. LOL

carbfreak-Where did you go? Come on back and post with us so we can get to know you better and you can get started and we can help each other.

Jello-Almost time for your "surprise" trip to Ohio for that graduation party. I know you can't wait and will they EVER be happy to see you too. Have a great time and let us know how it went when you come back too.

Judy-Hi there. So very sorry about all you and your family is going through at this time. I know you must be so blessed to have such a wonderful son helping out now. I am glad that he had Cal's influence when he was growing up. I know you must be really proud of that young man. Cal is so lucky also to have you there for him. Hope things work out with his daughters while they are there with you. Please post and let us know how things are going for you or if you just need to vent we are here for you and love you Judy.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((JUDY)))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mary Kay-Gee your husbands family sure sound like a strange bunch. It is their loss if they can't make time for your husband all the rest of you. You are good people Mary Kay, I can just tell that. Shame on them for treating you all that way. Just remember what goes around comes around and they will be sorry one day or if they arn't than like I say it is their loss.

Ginabob-Glad you broke that plateau but sorry you had to be sick to get there. Have a great time in Dallas and post when you come back home.

Gail-I am so so happy that you are getting back on track again. We will work on this together I promise you. Thanks for your email and will answer soon I promise you. How is your holiday with Ken off so far? Doing anything special or just lazing around? Yes we sure had birthdays, Kelly, the oldest had a birthday May 29th and Tracy the next day May 30th. We went to this fancy Italian place and had so much food and wine, but man was it good. LOL Thanks for asking. Hope we can connect soon.

Sher-Bear-Hey where are you my friend? Are you in Florida now? I know you were going sometime in June so maybe you are lying on the beach working on your tan. Post when you can and let us know how things are going. I know you had a son graduate as I did and I hope everything went well. Miss you!

Feeling Blue-Hi there and welcome to our group. Wow living in Hong Kong, how exciting. I would love to live there. Yes when you have the time tell us more about yourself. What is your real name if you care to share it with us. Post often and we will all help each other lose weight.

Jetall Judy-Welcome back from Novia Scotia girl. Glad your visit with your Mom went well and that is great that you managed to maintain your weight while you were there as well. Missed you!

KimV-Hope things are working out for you and your family too. Please post and let us know how things are coming along with you. Especially news about your beautiful daughter Hannah. Love you Kim!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KIM)))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Chrissy-Hi sis in law. Got your email yesterday and it was sooo great hearing from you and I am glad you had a great time with the Emily and Ellen in Disneyworld. You all deserve the vacation. Ellen's graduation party sounded like it went well. Sorry we couldn't make the trip up there for it. Alan's graduation went well too. Isn't it great that both of our "babies" the cousins Ellen and Alan are both out of school? Hope we can talk via phone one of these days or nights. Love you Chrissy and miss you!

Well guys, time to get outta here and get ready for bed.
Talk to you later and love you guys. Bye Bye

Last edited by Sassy; 06-07-2001 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-07-2001, 12:55 AM   #7  

Default checking in

I am having trouble sleeeping so I thought I would check in... I hope everyone is well. I haven't read anything in so long. I'm very slow these days. I am not paying too much attention to my weight. I am very very tired all the time. When I get home from work I work in the garden then go to bed.

Please email me at work if any of you have a chance [email protected] I miss all of you!

Hugs and Kisses
Kerri
Old 06-07-2001, 07:45 AM   #8  
soon to be goddess

Talking DOWN BUT NOT OUT....

Morning....Today the scale moved...1lb!! But....(and its a big but....) I'm still not out of the woods yet. I'm trying to stay CALM,COOL AND NON-CHALANT but also remain COMMITTED, FOCUSED AND MOTIVATED!!

So each day is yes, ....another adventure!! Who said this was going to be an easy walk in the park. Certainly not me!!

At least I DO measure.(and that motivates in place of the scale) At last count, I have lost 23"... GONE, GOODBYE...AND GOOD RIDDANCE!!

So everyone who has ever been frustrated...almost close to blowing it....binged.....said "whats the use?".....BUT WISHED THEY WERE SLIM.....LETS DO IT!!,,,WE HAVE THE WILL POWER,,,,WE HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE,,,,AND THIS TIME WE ARE ALL WINNERS!!
(haha...and you all thought I was throwing in the towel.... lol)
Old 06-07-2001, 11:42 AM   #9  
CJ

Default morning....

Well, I finally broke the dumb plateau I've been on for weeks and weeks! I had weigh-in today and gained 1 lb! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

Well, I have to admit that I was not as strict the last couple weeks so that gain was a wakeup call for me! Back to starting over - I may miss my next 2 meetings as we will be up north (I will try to go to one up there but that depends on how busy we are putting in our electric lines at the time. So, I will - WILL - get myself back to the really strict regimen I was on when I first joined WW ... I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

There, just had to "confess". I am going to start posting my food again (I do this on our website, but think I still need to do it here too) Now, bare in mind, that I will not be able to from June 10 thru June 26).... I'm going to start right now ... anyone care to join me??????

Well, I'll be back later ... have a great day everyone!

Love, CJ
Old 06-07-2001, 12:00 PM   #10  
Long Lost Chickie

Augh!!! No time!! It's almost noon and I finally got a chance to come in here. Just enough time for hello and goodbye though. Will probably have to work late tonight to finish up but have to be out before my 7:00 weigh in. Then home to finish packing and tomorrow at this time I'll be in Ohio shocking the folks. Bound to be a lot of restaurants and "indulging" but I'm going to try my best to be careful. ...and yet still enjoy myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

Won't be able to check in for a few days. I'll miss you guys. Be good while I'm gone!!!

Much love, Jo.
Old 06-08-2001, 10:16 AM   #11  

Good Morning!

Happy Friday! I'm happy to report I'm back on track after my vacation. I lost the one lb. I gained on my trip plus one more (2 lbs. this week) for a total of 15 lbs. I'm still keeping a daily food journal, and this helps a lot. My husband is still on this weight loss journey with me and has also lost about 15 lbs.

Jo, I hope you have a wonderful visit in Ohio with your family. Tell us all about the surprise when you get back.

CJ, the photo of your future house is beautiful! How exciting! Someday, I would love to have a vacation home near the water.

Angeleyes, glad to hear you're off the plateau and losing again. Keep up the good work.

Brite, nice to hear from you again. Keep posting with us!

Sharon, I posted on your Labor Day Challenge. I hope to lose another 15 lbs. by Labor Day. Let's hear from everyone else. Join the challenge! It sounds like you had a great visit with your family last week. Congratulations on your son's graduation from high school.

Zoe, congratulations on the 3 lb. weight loss. Nice job!

I've got to get busy. I have an eye doctor's appt. in one hour. Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Trish
Old 06-08-2001, 11:13 AM   #12  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default COME ON THINSTERS AND JOIN OUR LABOR DAY CHALLENGE!

Hey guys,
Yesterday I started The Labor Day Challenge since we have about 3 months till Labor Day. I though about doing a 4th Of July one but we would'nt have had a big enough block of time to work on losing much weight. So come on guys and join us CJ, Trish and myself so far who have joined in this challenge. It will be motivating and that way you will see it in writing-or shall I say printing rather. LOL It doesn't matter how much or how little you pledge to lose this summer. It can be 10 lbs or even 5 lbs or even/plus you can help yourself to overcome something you are not doing for this program. Like journaling-my weakness, drinking your water, exercising, snacking on the wrong foods while watching your TV or just improving on something else you have been doing that you would like to quit.

So come on one and all and join our Labor Day Challenge today. It will only take a few minutes and come Labor Day you will be so very glad you did.

Brite-Hi and glad you posted with us. I am glad you are still lurking around and hope you don't give up and I don't think you will. We all have our up's and down's and that's ok. You will get into it when you decide to and I hope that you come back and join us again when you do. Sounds like you are just busy busy this summer. I will email you soon. I miss you Kerri and just remember that we are all here for you always.

Jo-Have a wonderful time in Ohio. I know they will be all so happy to see you there. Have fun and post when you get back. We will miss you wonderful humor and witt.

angel-Wha Whoo to you girl. You lost that pound and broke your pleateau. How exciting you must be. To think you have lost 23 lbs is a great accomplishment. Did I ever think you were throwing in the towel???? NO WAY I knew you were determined to beat it. You stuck with it girl and it paid off for you. You are on your way. I am with you all all the way. Will you join us in our Labor Day Challenge I started? I know it will help you out even more. I agree with you angel, WE ARE ALL WINNERS IN THIS GROUP!

Trish-Good job on losing that pound you put on during your vacation. PLUS a couple more to boot. 15 pounds is a really great loss and I know you look and feel so much better too. It is great to see you have jumped on The Labor Day Challenge bandwagon. Good luck to you. You will do well.

CJ-Don't dispair about your 1 lb gain. You have been working so hard and I know first hand how good you have been. That pound could even be just your weight flectuating too. I know you will keep on doing great and that 10 lb ribbon will be yours because of it. Good to see you joined the challenge as well. YOU WILL MAKE THIS CHALLENGE, I am sure of it!

OK guys, hope to see you join in the rest of us soon. Just come on over and post away.

Take care and love you guys much.
Sassy Sharon
Old 06-08-2001, 10:11 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Friday Evening.....

Woo Hoo.....Friday, Friday, Friday........just got home from shopping with hubby and my friend Thyra and thought I'd just 'check in' here so that I don't get too behind. You girls are always so busy here and I miss so much when I stay away for too long.

I'm really trying to stay on track again and I'm doing a good job of it. Of course, Chinese food tonight didn't help but I was no where NEAR my usual gluttony self. So I'm holding on. I tend to do better on the weekends where most others are opposite.

I hope that you all are having a wonderful evening. I think I'll go sit out on our new deck that Greg has recently built. 17x37 and I love it. He's a wonderful guy for building for me.

Nighty night ladies.......
Old 06-09-2001, 08:48 AM   #14  
soon to be goddess

Talking Happy Weekend!!

Hello Ladies....wow...do I ever feel great!! Woke up early yesterday and went for a jog...YES...YOU HEARD RIGHT!!...WENT FOR A JOG...!!! Couldn't believe it myself either...to tell you the truth. And....I've also lost another .5lb...I think I wasn't eating enough, believe it or not!! So I added 2 extra pc of fruit, or a small bit of extra protien.

I made up my mind to get serious...been frustrated too long, at the same weight...almost spinning my wheels in the sand. I just think of all the "wasted" time when I could have been losing...if only I knew... Now I know the time wasn't really wasted, as I was getting fit, healthy...and NOW...MORE MOTIVATED THAN EVER!! Just needed another wakeup call...or another good kick in the butt... lol....

Today, we have 2 birthday parties to go to with the kids....one of which we as a family will attend, so the "will power" will have to be turned on medium. My sil tends to over spice foods, and has allergies to wheat...so just how GOOD do you think the birthday cake will taste?... lol But you know...if your hungry you'll eat just about anything right?..so I will still plan ahead and visualize what I am going to do and not do. I find this extremely helpfull and stress alot less about FOOD situations. Enjoy the weekend...before you know it...it'll be Monday again...!!
Old 06-09-2001, 05:31 PM   #15  

Talking

This is just a test.

Wow! Talk about new things happening. I've only been away for a week.

Just spent the past while trying to get caught up on the posts. Feel like I've been away forever.

It's just great seeing so many of you posting. Hope this post turns out allright. It will take a little getting used to. I'll be back with you next week. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you all. Love, G
Closed Thread