Old 09-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #136  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Happy SATURDAY, people!!!!

I've already been to my WW WI! This week the meeting was about emotional eating! WOW, she might as well began each sentence with my name! What a week this has been... and I have to admit that I did fall into old patterns at least once... or twice! So listening to the message of the meeting has reminded me ...."Robyn, food is not a bandage!" It doesn't make anything better...AND it truly makes you feel worse due to guilt when all is said and done! GEESH! Why don't you think I can get this thru my brain ANDDDD why did I eat that chocolate in the school office on Thursday afternoon?! (It did taste good...and it didn't kill my week...but darrrrnnnn! Why can't I fix my brain?!)

So, how is everyone? Where is Summer?

Pam, I have decided that I've already decorated for Halloween! I will just NOT disturb the spiders that have made our corners home since I became distracted by school until November! THAT way, I've killed 2 birds with 1 stone!

Gin, give me some lunch ideas! I'm considering frozen WW meals for this coming week JUST so I don't have to eat turkey or salad! ???? HELP! Hope your sprain feels better soon!

Tammy, Where do you buy dry ice? I've never been able to find it locally (and in surrounding areas of PoDunk!) Don't you love to impress them?! HS CHeMISTRY???
Oh dear GAWWD! I made a vow 20something years ago to NEVER associate with a HS Chemistry teacher! Are you as crazy as the one that I had? LOL She nearly blew up
the HS messing around with chemicals and refusing to wear her glasses! OMG! You've made me LOL from my memories of that woman! You know that NOW in my brain, well, you are that crazy Chem teacher! LOL (I teach 1st grade.... have taught first grade for years, decades even! )

Mousie, hey! Guess the credit card issue sorta solved the gym issue! You have GOT to find a gym! Your fingers are going to unshrivel IF you don't get into water soon!

OMGosh! Just noticed the time...gotta get the youngest to his baseball game! I must go without any further hellos to my other friends...
sorry! Ya'll take care!

meeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:02 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone,

I actually was up by 8 am on a Saturday....doesn't happen often for me unless I have an appt. or something.

Robyn: I'm am crazy but a differnent kind of crazy. I used to work as a food scientist for a Sara Lee company that was awarded 'Safest Plant in the Country' of any kind for several years in a row when I was there, so I am super safety conscious with myself and esp. the kids. There is a big chain discount store kind of like super Wal-mart here called Meijer's. They have dry ice next to the reg. ice. You buy it by the lb. ($.89). You can also try one of the local seafood markets (I bet there are a lot in your area), esp. ones that may ship their goods inland. If they will not sell it to you, they may be able to tell you where to get it. Also, I was going to try one of the too many Halloween stores in my area, since it's great for that time of year.

Pam: I really hope you get better. I know how hard it is to deal with school when you are miserable. You sound like you have some of the problems my mom had when she was younger. She would describe it as her head getting ready to explode. It got so bad once that she had to have some kind of inpatient procedure???? She finally found out she had multiple food allergies and other normal allergies that were making her more susceptable (sp?) to these infections. Now that that's in control she doesn't have as many problems

Ginny: Are you out there??

Everyone else: Hope your weekend is nice and relaxing.

I lost another pound this week (even had Wendy's chicken strips and a plain baked potato. Brought it home and put FF sour cream on it to cancel out the badness of the fried chicken.) DH and I are riding bikes to our local Panera as soon as I'm ready. It's 10 miles round trip with a biking path all the way there. We've never done it before. Hope it's not too much for me and I get up there and don't want to go back home. I'll have to send DH home to get the truck and come back to pick me up. He would not be happy!

I'll be back,

Tammy
Mad 4 STING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #138  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Well my Friday was okay. Went to an away football game with my dh, two stepsons and nephew. Only to want to cause harm to my dh and one sds. They were so embarrassing hollering at the refrees and just be stupid. We lost 22-6 left at the end of the 3rd quarter. My dh was suppose to drive home but drove so I could focus on something to calm myself down. Get home and my one sds refused to kiss me good night and informed me that I don't really have to go anymore to the football games with him and his df and his db. So that really hurt my feelings, since that is one way I can spend sometime with my boys doing the things they love to do. Than this morning they were to be up and out the door at 7:30. Well we woke up at 7:27. I set the alarm for 6:30 and must of turned it off and went right back to sleep. So my dh is all mad at me now. Thank God I didn't plan on going with them to their football game this morning. I went to Curves and worked out. Did some homework for my graduate class and am going to do a 4 mile walking video here in a minute. Than I need to get ready for the day since I am going to meet my friends for dinner and just to hang out this evening in Springfield. That is were I first moved to when I got my first teaching job 7 years ago. So I haven't seen my freinds in a few years so it will be fun to see them again.
Tammy, hope you were able to make the ride to Panera and enjoy your quailty time with your dh.
Robyn congrats on the 2 pound lost. Way to go girl! You are going to reach your mini-goal very soon aren't you?
Pam, hope you are feeling better today. It is no fun to be sick the first month or so of school is it. Once you are healed I think you will get back into a routine with your diet and exercising.
Hi to Mouse, Ginny, Sue, Michele and Summer. Hope all is going well with you ladies.
Well I better go and get my walking video done, so I can have desert tonight with my dinner.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #139  

Hi, Kerry,

I made it to and from Panera. Getting there was rough....gradual up hill, but going home was great!

Springfield is only 1/2 hour from where I live in Beavercreek! My DH has work friends (Miami Valley Hospital) that live there. Have a good time tonight. I really miss my Cinci friends. A couple of them came to DS graduation in June but haven't seen any since. We're going to DH mom and dad's next weekend to make ketchup the German way....big brass cauldren and giant stirring padddle. No joke! They live 40 miles SE of Cinci. We haven't done it in 6 or 7 years. We bottle enough for six families! We use tomato juice that my mom-in-law makes from her own garden tomatoes. Do your friends still teach in the area?

Bye,
Tammy

Last edited by Mad 4 STING; 09-24-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #140  
KAR

Hi Tammy,
Glad to hear that you made it to and from Panera without any problems. My freind teach in the Cinnci area now. I have a few teachers who still work in Springfied but I haven't stayed in touch with them like I have the other one. Then one of my friends work for the Social Secrity office and the other one works for WIC as a nutritionist.
So have you ever been to Young's Dairy Farm? That was my favorite place to go when I was in Springfield to eat ice cream. Maybe that was my problem why my weight was sky high. LOL.
I got 3 out of the 4 miles done on my walking tape and then my one friend called from Springfield to talk. So I will have to finish it when I get off the phone with her. Can you tell that I am multitasking at this time?
Hope you have a great day! What are your plans for the rest of your day?
Talk to you later.
Kerry
Old 09-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #141  

Hi, Kerry

Doing laundry now. Young's Dairy....yum! My son's Cinci friends always have to go there when they visit. We like to go to Yellow Springs a lot (Peach's Bar & Grill is our fave). I haven't been to Young's since last year. Our county (Greene) education office is in Y. Springs and we have a lot of math/science in-service there. I grew up in and around Cinci. I lived in the Forest Hills School District (Anderson Twp) when the kids started school. My first year of teaching was at Western Hills High School, and the rest was at West Clermont (Glen Este/Amelia High Schools). Most of my teacher friends also teach in the Cinci area since I went to college & grad school at U.C. I really do miss Cinci and all of the great diverse neighborhoods.....which equals great ethnic food! Ah, you've got me reminescing (sp?) too much. I'm going outside under the oak to read a little between laundry loads. Now that the DS is in college, the work load around here is down.

Again, have a good time tonight.

Tammy
Old 09-24-2005, 09:25 PM   #142  
Mommy, wife, teacher

I know I have been MIA...sorry. I haven't been able to catch my breath. I'm still alive and kicking. I'll be back when I really have time.
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:41 PM   #143  

I NEED DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OR I AM GOING TO STICK A DRILL IN MY HEAD AND RELIEVE ALL THIS PRESSURE MYSELF................. I don't have a headache. It's like multiple toothaches, earaches, like all the bones in my face are going to crumble. It's getting on my nerves.......In spite of the fact he has given me antibiotics, decongestants, nose spray steroid, nothing is coming out.......To top it all off I think all these antibiotics are giving me a yeast infection. Ughhhhhhh....My moons and stars are not in alignment or something..
With that being said...........How was everyone's day? In spite of the fact that this stupid $%#$##$@#@ sinus thing is pissing me off to no end, I managed to CLEAN EVERY SINGLE ROOM IN MY HOUSE AND ENTER ALL MY GRADES INTO THE COMPUTER AND PRINT PROGRESS REPORTS...... I have two more loads of laundry to do, and then it will be done.......YIPPPPEEEE.CAN I GET AN AMEN???????? Sorry, I know I'm ranting and a bit insane at this moment.

Robyn: I have decided I may as well leave the spider webs on my front porch alone. I agree it makes decorating much easier. Isn't that multitasking?

Kerry: 4 miles. Oh lord. That makes me tired just thinking about it. I am going to have to seriously start back with the one mile watp and a walk around the block. Jeez. You all impress me.

Tammy: I thought I might have allergies. I suddenly became allergic to live Christmas trees. Last year we bought a christmas tree and everytime I went into the livingroom my eyes would start burning. I ended up sick. My best friend said you have done this for the last two years. I had to undecorate the tree, and buy an artificial ones. I mentioned that to the ENT, who just said I'm full of snot and gave me the antibiotic. Who knows.

Ginny: WHAT'S UP GIRL>?

Summer: YOU BETTER GET IT TOGETHER AND GET BACK HERE. WE MISS YOU!

Mouse: Hope it's all going ok for you. How are your two kids you were worried about?

Sue: How's it going?

Good news. Well, by the time summer had it's tole on my eating habits, I was back to 180. Now, I'm back to 176. Tomorrow is my hubby's company picnic, so I'm going to try awfully hard to behave myself. It's being catered........

I got out my fall stuff today, so hopefully I can get that stuff put out this week. My youngest son is a trip. He went to spend the night with his new friends who just moved in down the street. Well, their mother told me that the first time she met him he introduced himself, and she asked if he had any brothers or sisters. He said, yes, I have a brother, he's nineteen, not very successful in his job and needs gas money! I thought I would die. He is defintely the mouth of the south. I know all the stuff I hear at school. I'd hate to know what he tells his teachers!

Off to fold another load of the endless multiplying laundry.
Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #144  

Good Morning Ladies,

Pam: I still think you should have the tests. Afer quite a few docs and endless amonts of meds, my mom was 50+ before she was tested and finally got some relief. I hope you get some relief today. Be careful at that picnic!

Robyn: I got one Halloween decoration out (2 if you count the spider webs that never ends....we'r surrounded by woods). It's a "Beware" sign in dripping blood. My DH saw it from a distance and thought something was terribly wrong with the windows. Maybe I'll get the rest out this week.

Kerry: I hope you had fun last night catching up with your friends. DH and I went to the "Lube" and order wings, chips, and pretzels, oh my! I had less than half the chips, 1 pretzel and only 3 wings. I actually do have a little will power. DH only had 4 wings...good for him. DD and her 2 girlfriends that stayed the night will have the leftovers today. DD went to Columbus last night/afternoon to shop at Easton Mall and see a free concert at a store or something and decided to bring her friends home with her. I gave her $100 and told her to buy at least 2 pairs of pants, then she could buy a shirt (even though she has a million) with the leftover and I wanted all receipts. Well, she came home with shirts, no pants, and $60! Now she will complain for another month that she has no jeans to wear.

Ginny, Sue, Mouse, Summer: I hope everything is going okay with you. I'm sure you all are busy or we would hear from you. Take care.

Ah, Sunday, DH is in another golf tournament today. I told him last night he was a golf slut. He had a tourney in Middletown Friday with his Cinci bud....prizes and cheap fees. He has his league tourney today....prizes, food, beer, and he picks up a prize for something he did this summer. Wed. he has a tourney at neighbor's country club.....lunch, steak dinner, prizes, beer...and the neighbor takes them out and writes it off as a business expense! What do I get to do?? Ooo, grade papers, go grocery shopping (that's exciting), and maybe, just maybe, if I get my school work under control I can run off to the bookstore. Now that's something to get wound up about!

Good news though....I pulled out two old pairs of jeans and they fit comfortably. I can actually button them and still walk and breathe at the same time. Anyway, enough ranting, have a great rest of the weekend.

Tammy

Last edited by Mad 4 STING; 09-25-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:06 AM   #145  

Hi!
Just a quickie. Getting ready to hop in the shower and go to this picnic. I am happy I was down to 175.5! Yeah, so that really motivated when I went grocery shopping this morning to buy healthy foods. Had a major hair coloring fiasco last night. I would just pay the money and go to the salon or something but it's so expensive. I colored my hair to get rid of the gray and it turned RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the same color I've been using. Same brand. I don't know what the **** happened. So, I had to go today and get something else. My hair is normally light brownish blonde. I had highlights in it. Well it was so red that when my son's girlfriend went to re highlight it, you couldn't even see the dagonne things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Or, I will be wearing a hat today. I can get away with that at the softball game. Don't think I could get away with that at school.. Oh well. Life goes on.

Wish me luck!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

P.s. Tammy: My husband is a football slut. Used to be a golf slut too! Ha
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #146  
KAR

Afternoon Ladies,
Well I had a nice dinner last night with my friends. But you can tell that we have all changed. Out of the four females that was there last night, three of us are married and the other one is still single and really not looking but doing a lot of complaining how lonely she is. I am the only one with other responsibilites beside work, house, having a husband, because I am the only one that has stepchildren. Everyone else just doesn't understand how your life changes once you add children into the mix since you have to take care of them, help them grow up to be mature responsible individuals and do things for them. So I was glad to see the evening roll to a close. Don't get me wrong, I love my freinds to death, but I can see that I have grown up and they are still footloose and fancy free so to speak. So it will probably be a while before we get together again. Plus I have changed my eating habits and they kept trying to force food, candy and pop on me. I was good and politely declined. We went to Friday's for dinner and I got the Jack Daniel's chicken and shrimp meal. It came with grilled vegetables and mash potatoes. I was so stuffed from that I couldn't get an dessert and remember I did my 4 mile walking video yesterday to make room for my dessert. My one friend wanted to go to Young's Ice Cream Dairy and I even passed that up. I got the idea that they were jealous of me because I have lost so much weight and am healthier now. They talked about how tired they have been, how they can't workout and how they have been so sick here lately. They asked if I was experiencing those problems and I had to say no. That I had been busy juggling school, my after-school program job, my summer school course work, working out, starting my home business, family responsobilities and being the co-leader of my TOPS group. Granted I have been tired here lately but I have to keep plugging away. So they quickly changed the subject.
My dh just told me that he is probably going to sign me up on Oct. 9th to work the football game in the concession stand. I have to admit that I threw a fit. Because I don't feel that it is my responibility to work the stand when the boys' mother is the one to be responsibile for it. All she does is go to work at her job and that is it. I don't feel that I need one more thing added to my to do list for this fall. So in a few weeks if I came on here and cry on your shoulders you will know why. I said to him that I am tired of picking up the slack for lazy people and that I am starting to learn to say no when I know that there are other people just as capable to do the same thing. Enough babbling about me.
Pam, hope you are feeling a little bit better today. Have fun at your picnic. Congrats on the scale going down some more. That should is a grea motivator when going to the grocery store, isn't it?
Tammy, I loved going to Easton when I was living in Springfield. But that was when I was single and had some extra money. Good Lord, if I took my stepkids there now, they would spend my whole paycheck in one visit. LOL Love the Cheesecake Factory. What about you? Sorry to hear that your dh is a golf slut. My dh happens to be a football and a baseball slut. So I can feel your pain.
Summer, glad to see the short note from you saying that you are still alive. I was afarid that the Nimrod permentantly hurt you for life. Pop in when you can.
Ginny, how was your weekend? Get any walks in this weekend?
Robyn, how was your son's game yesterday? Keep up the good work on your weight loss! What are you going to do to reward yourself once you reach your mini-goal? I am still working hard to get my leather coat from my dh. He said that once I got to 150 pounds than he would buy me one.
Mouse, did you have a nice visit with your mom and grandma this weekend? Any swimming time figured in to your weekend?
Sue and Michele, hope all is well with the two of you. We miss hearing from you.
Well ladies, I must go and get something to eat for lunch. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful afternoon!
Kerry
Old 09-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #147  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies! I know it's been quite a while since I posted. I have NOT been doing well with my walking I've walked once in the last 17 days. I am SO angry with myself because I've mostly made excuses. I am vowing to restart my walking program today. I did really well with the 6 week Walk Diet from the WATP book, but as soon as that ended, I started slacking off. At first, I used school as the excuse (and it still is). Then, meetings for me and my kids. Now we're pretty much in a routine and I SHOULD be able to carve out at least 30 minutes most days, but I don't.

Enough rambling! I have enjoyed reading about how your days are going. I'm not going to get too personal right now so I can go do a tape! I will try to check in at least every couple of days (hopefully more often).

Have a great week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #148  
KAR

We sure have missed you Michele. Glad to see you are back. Hope you enjoyed your walk.
I just got back from the boys football game. They won 6-0. Just waiting on the boys to come home and change before I take me a nap. I was catching myself wanting to fall asleep at their game several times.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
Old 09-25-2005, 05:36 PM   #149  

Evening,

Lots of school grading today....labs and Darwin projects. Why do I assign those things?! Sometimes I wonder if I am not a glutten (sp?) for punishment. Interims are due Thursday and I do not want to be up all night Wednesday putting grades in. Golf slut is watching Bengals game now. Yes, he is also a football slut, esp. for those
Da_ _ Bengals! Winning or losing. The tickets are so expensive, he only goes 2X a season unless last minute freebies pop up. He'll literally drop everything to go.

Tonight I shall watch the season premieres of Extreme House Makeover (I think that's what it's called) and I think (hope) Desperate Housewives. DH and I actually watch together...isn't that sweet. Sorry for the sarcasm. I don't what my deal is today. Oh, and I've decided I'm not cooking today either. We'll get pizza I guess. We haven't done that in months.

If I get bored/need a break, I'll probably get back on. I'm going to go take my walk now before it gets too dark.

Hi, Michelle.

Later ladies,
Tammy
Old 09-26-2005, 09:45 AM   #150  
KAR

Morning,
Just a quick note to say hi! Hope you all have a wonderful week at school!
I brought to school with me this morning, my one mile walking video to do with my kids. They are always so tired on a Monday morning and complain about how they have to do work, so this morning I made them get motivated for the day by doing the video with me. They all liked it, except for one. So he just won't get any privileges for the day, since he made fun of the rest of them.
Well I need to get back to getting my work folders put together for the week. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful day!
Kerry