Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #31  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Ramona... I'm sorry I forgot you in my post. I warned everyone that my brain doesn't work well after 2.00...LOL. I'm glad you are feeling better. Glad things are easlier at work this week. Hugs
Old 08-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #32  

Hello

Wow...Was that a post from Debbie????!!!!! I'm so glad you posted!! Welcome back after soooo long!! You're doing great on your diet and your exercises inspires & motivates me!!!

Dee...It's got to be so hard on your Dad. After all these years he's been healthy then have this ugly word of cancer thrown on him.Bless his heart! I will continue to pray for him. Glad you had a great weekend. It was lonely here without you! Tell Larry HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope your dinner was wonderful!!

Ramona.....I am so glad that you have help back at work now. Maybe you can slow down a bit now and take care of Ramona!!! Guess what??? Chris is coming home soon for a 2 week leave!!!! I miss him so much and can't wait to get my arms around him!!!!

Gayle.....I looked up that medicine and it sounds like maybe it will work! Like Ramona said, It stops a cold dead in it's track! Let me know if it works! How's work going? Getting any easier? I'm so happy that Allison loves school!!

Shelley.....How do you feel? Does the cold have you down? Has school gotten a little better & calmer now? It's getting a little better for me. I still haven't been called in for the position I applied for. Guess I didn't get it. But that's ok...I guess.

Cheryl....Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Glad you came home with a little more then you left with! Like Debbie said, we were tight wads and didn't want to spend more then 20.00 when we went! Good luck with school!!! Great job on getting hit on by that guy!! You go girl!!

Carol....How are you? How's the ankle? Please post soon!

Vicki.....Are you still feeling better? Please post soon!!!!

To everyone else....Hello....Love & miss you!!!!

Got to go and get things ready for work. Thanks to all for the congrats on my weight loss! HATS OFF TO YOU THAT HAVE LOST TOO!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:48 AM   #33  

Debbie-I noticed your weight tracker! Congratulations on staying OP!!

Sherry-Thanks for the recipe. I don't eat pork skins, though. They are too gross for me. The lady that I work with eats them everyday at lunch. I remember them from Atkins and I have a hard time just looking at them!

Ramona-I'm glad that you only have to do the job of 2 people now. Maybe things will get better soon.

Things have calmed down at school, but I still am not caught up. The clinic lady has been gone this whole week because her daughter had a baby by caesarian and she is helping to take care of her. So naturally, I am still busy, but at least I'm not getting yelled at daily about the buses. There is still a huge problem with them, but I am managing to blame everything on transportation. I found myself yesterday being very calm the whole day and doing at least 4 tasks at the same time. I wish I could be calm like that everyday. It might have been because the principal wasn't on the walkie talkie trying to get me--she was in a meeting. Normally, she will call someone and always say or Shelley. Of course, I am always the one to respond.

Yesterday, I ran into a huge snake in the chicken coop. It was laying where I normally get the eggs. I ran next door for my neighbor to get him bb gun, but by the time he came over it was gone. Now I don't want to do the chickens anymore! Mike says it was a yellow rat snake, but I don't like snakes at all. I dreamt about it all night. The thing was huge!! The chickens didn't seem to mind, though.

I guess I have rambled on enough. Love to all of you and have a great day.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #34  

Shelley, yuck I have a snake phobia! Don't you think that the snake would eat the chicken eggs? I still can't believe that you have chickens in the city!

Gayle you are so right about my Dad. You couldn't have said it better. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Debbie a post from you on this thread....yipee! It is a pleasent surprise. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are neck and neck with Sherry.

Ramona it sounds like you are still working to hard. I am glad it is a bit easier for you but they need to get you some help.

Sherry I am so happy for you that Chris is coming home. That will be a precious two week. The visits are too far between. I am sure that Ramona understands.

Larry's birthday dinner was really nice. It was everything he expected. Before we went for dinner we went for a walk to see these bears for cancer. They are displayed outside along a few different streets. Many different artist painted them. There are about 50 of them. Very creatively done. After dinner we came home to a surprise. Dez decorated the dining room with ballons and streams, paper plates, napkins and games on the pirate theme. We had so much fun. We even had those pointy birthday hats that I wore on my chest....lol I was so happy that she did that because I didn't even have one surprise for him. All my shopping was done with him. It turned out to be a fun time with the kids her for cake and our pirate party.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes for Larry. I will tell about them. Thank you also for the prayers for my father. It means a lot to me.

It is a busy week for me. I am having a group of people from aqua fit for a party tomorrow night. We are going to have Peter do the class and then we are having a pot luck dinner. Sounds like it is going to be really good. Loooks like it might rain so I have to have my house and yard in order because I don't know where we will end up. I am so anal about having everything perfect. I really shouldn't be posting because I have a ton of stuff to get done. So I better sign off. If I don't post til friday I am sure that you just might find it in your heart to forgive me.l
Old 08-24-2005, 06:21 PM   #35  
Losing it!

DRAT! I posted a message before I went to work, but it looks like it never made it here!

I went ahead and purchased the tonic today, it is pure elderberry concentrate. I figured I will double dose Allison for a few days to see if there is an improvement. After a few days, she will get 1 teaspoon per day, hopefully it will work!! My 30 day supply was $12.00, which really isn't any different from purchasing allergy meds. I'll let you guys know how it works. Thanks Ramona for the name of the product you use, it was nice to get a comparision.

Dee, have fun at the party! It sounds like a blast! I'm sure rain or shine, everyone will have a great time since you are the hostess.

Shelley, I wrote a big long story all about snakes to you, only to lose it out there in space. Long story short, I have a little guy about the size of a pencil hanging out in my pond. Just small & fast enough I can't catch him! I am ALMOST tempted to fill my pond in!! I remember as a child, it was a rule of thumb on the farm to ALWAYS look up in the rafters for snakes hanging down before entering a building. YIKES! I'm like Dee, I wonder if he is looking for eggs??? Tell him to get a life and go to McDonalds for breakfast!! LOL!

The job is doing ok...from the minute I go through the door to when I clock out, I never once sit down or quit moving. I work days the liquor orders are coming in so there is always inventory to put away, stocking shelves etc. This is the largest store in the city so it does a large percentage of sales and is very fast paced. I am still getting nervous running the register, but am getting a little better with it as time goes on. I should start toning up with as many cases of booze I'm moving! LOL!

Sher, you are doing so good!

Deb, thanks for posting here too! You are really burning up the exercise thread!

I hope life is treating everyone well!
Old 08-24-2005, 07:10 PM   #36  

Hello gals...

Everything here is going fine and feeling much better just been busy with the babies i have in daycare...one is 8mos the other is 4mos. They keep me hopping if you can believe that. The hubby and child are doing well and driving me crazy as usual.

Glad to see everyone doing somewhat well this week.
Check in again
Old 08-24-2005, 07:20 PM   #37  
Losing it!

Poor Vickster! I remember trying to take care of babes and just getting one fed or to sleep just in time for the other one (or two) to start in going WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! I do not envy you at all!
Old 08-25-2005, 04:16 PM   #38  

Gayle I am glad that you are doing well at work! I knew you would. Thanks for wishing me fun today. I will, you know that! I am already, now to have a little rest.....zzzz

Vicki it is noce to see that you are posting. I did day care for 18 years. I only tried to take children 2 and over. Babies, oh boy you have your hands full. It takes a special person to work with babies. I know that you are the one.

Got to go catch some zzz's. I promise I will be good tonight! It is only thrusday so can't get to wild. Oh yeah I don't work tomorrow, or any day for that matter......lol
Old 08-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #39  

Looks like we have Katrina approaching, so we are cancelling our plans to visit the colleges in northern Fl. this weekend. We won't know until 6PM is schools are closed. I have to work either way, since I am a 12 month employee. I won't go if it is too bad out, though.

I have to tell you what happened at school today. One of the teachers gave me a Dooney and Bourke purse that she doesn't use. It's a beautiful color of red with the DB's in all different colors (if you know Dooney, it's the IT type.) I can't believe that she did this. She said that I am the only person she knows that not only cherishes purses, but changes them everyday. Any idea how I can thank her other than the note I already gave her? I already told her that she is on the top of my priority list for anything she wants at school for her class.

Dee-I hope your dinner party tonight goes well. When is the big surgery??

Gayle-You are probably getting quite a bit of exercise. Hauling those boxes is great for your arms and legs. It sounds like you are just about a pro at the job now.

Vicki-Glad your injuries are better!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 PM   #40  
Losing it!

Boy, I'm far from a pro at work, but thank you Shelley & Dee for thinking I'm catching on quickly. The management I work with are really bad to tell you to do something but never show you how to do it or god forbid, even explain it in detail. So, most of the time I kinda have that deer in the headlights look!

Shelley, how about sending the teacher a nice box of candy or a small floral arrangement. Better yet, maybe a gift certificate to a favorite store? Sounds like she knows your love of purses and wanted to share because of the person you are.

Dee, I expect you to be posting bright & early here in the morning. None of this partying all night then wasting the day away! LOL! HAVE FUN!
P.s. Are you nervous about the surgery???????
Old 08-26-2005, 06:43 AM   #41  

STOP!!!!!!!

Please Go To #47.............A New Thread Has Started!!!!!!!
Closed Thread