Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #16  
One pound at a time...

NJ84, Welcome to the group!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #17  
Ima bundle *' emotion

hey gals,

just saying a quick hello. i'm still in london. trying to avoid family drama. the eating is going okay. and the portions are smaller than in america. but baked goods are everywhere so that accounts for the plus size beauties here lol. other than that, i am getting in alot of walking and recording my food intake every day. i drink water whenver i can. so i'm really trying. well i'll try to check in again but don't know when. take care everyone and i hope all is well.

rosie
Old 08-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #18  
finding the thin inside

Talking Lost Some Weight

Ok, so I went and bought a brand new scale, nothing fancy, but new and does the job. My other one was old and just wasn't working properly anymore. Anyways, I have lost 5 lbs!!!!!! wooohoooo!!! I am not at 280. So I have lost 20 lbs all-together.
I do hope you girls post soon and let me know how you're doing

Last edited by RainyAfternoon; 08-24-2005 at 03:17 AM. Reason: nothing major
Old 08-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #19  
I dream of normalsized me

I thought I'd check in. My bf of 7.5 years and I have decided to seperate. I have moved out and he kept the computer. I will check in when possible. I'm trying my hardest. I've thrown myself into cleaning up my yard now...gotta get my mind off things somehow. It's looking great...and great for exercise. I sweat like a pig out there. I'm down 20 since June. Hoping to lose more before the best friend's wedding in 6 weeks. You guys are doing a great job...keep it up.

Nikki
Old 08-25-2005, 08:36 AM   #20  
One pound at a time...

Hi everyone , just checking in, I will be going for my weigh in tonight. and then I will be on vacation for the next 10 whole days! ! I won't be posting until after Labour Day (boy, September already. I was in Hallmark the other day, and the Christmas ornaments were already on display, but I digress). I hope everyone has a great week.

Nikki- -I wish you the best.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:51 AM   #21  

Well...gang!

I think I'm getting lost on what thread I am suppose to be updating. Any way we can get the weekly threads to list when you click on the club name The Butterflys? It's probably just me!

Sad news - I weighed in this morning. I uaually do Wednesday but wasn't home that morning to do so. The rotten scale claims I have gained back the four pounds I lost. I've had some slips, but thought I was doing better than that. Gotta get back on the Gazelle and ball tonight. I am so sick of stress. Just read an article that discusses how physical cravings chemically occur in the body due to stress and how and where it shows up in your body. really interesting.

Peace to all and keep up the good work!

Radiodoll
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #22  
finding the thin inside

Ok, after finding out I lost that 5 lbs, I have been being so stupid, eating chocolate bars, and chinese food, as if i deserve rewards for doing so....and it sounds like the rest of us are kind of having a hard time too. (Nconeal if you ever need someone to talk to about your seperation, I'm here) I know we don't know each other from a hole in the ground, but we all share the same goals, and when we're all slipping a little bit this is where the weight loss group/team comes into play. Let's help each other get back on track. You don't have to post every day like I practically do sometimes, but just let us know you're still out there plugging away and where you're at. That's what we're here for. And I don't care how cheesy this post is, or if I'm imagining the song "we are the champions" playing in the background, we are women, and we are strong, and if we stick together and help each other out at the toughes times, we can beat this and get there.
I don't know you, but I love you.
*hugs*
Old 08-29-2005, 04:41 AM   #23  
finding the thin inside

I don't know how everyone is doing, it's sunday night, or monday morning however you want to look at it. I hope you all are still a part of this group, I don't want to have to go look for another one *smiles*
Did you all have a good weekend? Everybody ready for their weigh-ins this week? Talk to you later
Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #24  

Default Checking in on Monday 8/30

Hi Gang!

Just thought I would drop a line. I actually weigh in on Wednesday, but if anyone is weighing in today - good luck and keep positive even if the scale doesn't say what you want!

Life is tough right now. I was recently reading a magazine article about how this cortisol problem gets triggered in those who can't seem to outwit cravings for sweets and starches. Really interesting. Made me feel a little less insane LOL It's all about being under intense stress for a prolonged period of time. Yeah - that would be me, alright!

I have been doing more on my Core Ball and on my Gazelle. I'm having a really hard time going outside to walk. I have suddenly developed an overwhelming embarressment about being seen. Weird. Never happened before. But I guess I haven't been this heavy until this year. It's creepy. And it's sad.

I'm going through this weird time period where I feel as if I have thrown my life away and I'm grieving the stupid "what if's". I've got to stop the "pity party". LOL

I'll write again Wednesday.

Radiodoll (Janet)
Old 08-30-2005, 07:02 PM   #25  
Ima bundle *' emotion

I just came back from London last night. I busy setting up inventory on ebay. Just wanted to say I'm here....lol.

~Rosie~

P.S. If anyone ever wants to drop a line off board, feel free!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:17 AM   #26  
finding the thin inside

Talking

I was just in the middle of writing something and something went wonky with my computer and the browser closed, and so that sucks!!!!
Anyways, I was basically saying that, I just weighed myself, along with my hubby and I have apparently lost another 5 lbs!!!!! It sounded so much more exciting in my original post
My sister and I did a CRAP load of wedding planning last night, today me and Derrick are going to check out where we're having it. And I need to phone around about catering.
Anyways, I am afraid of this closing again so I'm going to post it quick and then add more in a sec =)
Ok it worked hehehehe, kind of annoying but safer. It's like being on a cell phone with bad reception almost.
The wedding is going to be fairly small, only about 45 people. We are just using a J.P. I'm having my sister as my maid of honor and Deke is having his brother (if his brother can't make it nere from Nova Scotia, he's having my sister's husband)
I have asked my brother to be my M.C, my aunt I am asking to take the pictures because she takes amazing photographs.
My colours are Peach, Silver, and White...which I think will look totally pretty together. Derrick and I are really really into comedy, so for wedding favors on the tables I was thinking of using those fuzzy peaches candies (don't know if you have them in the states) wrapping them in a nice material and tieing them up with a tag that has a funny joke about marriage on it.
And my sister really wants to make a presentation about us for slide show or powerpoint or water,....the dreaded baby photos will surely come out!!!
I thank god I have a sister who should've been a wedding planner. She is obsessed with it,...just picture Monica from Friends....my sister is identical to her in pretty much every way.
Anyways, I need to get my butt in full gear...there is a lot of weight needed to come off in the next 9 months,...I don't expect to be at my goal, but I expect to be a whole lot lighter by then.

Last edited by RainyAfternoon; 09-02-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #27  

Default Im Still Here Barely

This has been a horrible last 2 weeks. working the 2:30-11pm shift getting home and then barely getting 4 hours sleep before getting up to take hubby to work is killing me. But I am not gonna just complain.
Im doing lousy on the diet.. i hardly have time to contemplate food.. so i've been eating lots of little things like taking bell pepper strips and carrot sticks to work to eat on a break... and then eating when i get home.. i know bad.. no excercise... ( least not that I can remember)
So im working onstabilizing my schedule. can't work 40+ hours and take 16 hours of classes.. .so when i go to part time i can fit back in thought and diet and excercise.. .
sorry girls i have'nt done better.. but i am thinking of everyone
Old 09-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #28  
finding the thin inside

Default Monday Weigh In

hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am not weighing myself this week as I'm on my TOM. BLAH, I just got it today. But I have been eating well, and not going over board with anything.
I hope everyone else is doing well, and had a great weekend. Talk to you all later!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #29  
One pound at a time...

Hello, hello, hello! I am back from vacation, and I had awesome time. I caught up on my sleep, went camping for three days (interior) with my dog, and spent this past week completely cleaning out closets and storage rooms. I am embarrassed to say that I actually got rid of 372 pocket books (years of accumulation). I went off my diet completely last week, but with all the activity I was doing I lost 2.5 lbs. Back to normal this week. Back on the wagon and working on the goal for December!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #30  
finding the thin inside

Talking Wedding plans

Welcome back from vacation and congratulations on the loss!!!
I am going to try switching from counting points, to counting calories. I just started yesterday, and I like it better. It forced me to make MUCH better choices yesterday.
Today, I went and looked at wedding dresses!!!! AAAHHHH!!! So, I guess this is actually REAL. I have to get my *** in gear big time. You know what happened today? The dress I am going to buy DOES come in my size, but, the one they had in the store was only a 16. So, I had my sister try it on for me so I can see what it looks like on. She felt bad about it,...but she did it anyway.
It's beautiful and I like it...but at the end of the day leaving the mall I felt a little bit disgusted. However, there's no use sitting here feeling sorry for myself or getting down about things. I just need to use that to drive me to succeed.
We aren't having a church wedding as D and I aren't religious, but more spiritual. So I'm having a Marriage Commissioner. I booked that today, and we have the place booked we're having it at. I found my dress, and need to put a deposit on it sometime this month. Other than that, there's nothing really left to do until around December.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well, I hope next monday shows a loss, and here's to fitting in my wedding dress on May.20 2006!!!!!!
Closed Thread