Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#45)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #2  

Hello

I'm so very tired! Yesterday back to work was unreal! There is so much work involved when you're getting prepared to open school!!!!

Just wanted to start a new thread and say hello. I need to clean the kitchen from dinner, take a shower & iron. Going to try to be in bed tonight by 10:00!

I'll post to everyone tomorrow night. I hope you understand.

Gayle...Glad to see you back hon!

Where is Vicki....Ramona & Doni??????!!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 PM   #3  

I'm here Sherry. I just can't get my brain unfogged enough to think of what to post. I promise to try and visit with you all in a few days.
Love you.....

Ramona
Old 08-10-2005, 05:46 AM   #4  

Gayle-I feel your pain. I am so sorry about everything happening to you. I'm sure you will be fantastic at the store, and I know it will help take a bit of the load off of the money situation.

Carol-I'm glad that you are now more mobile. 3 weeks might seem like a long time right now, but it will fly by.

Yesterday I had a meltdown right in front of the clinic lady, a teacher, a couple of parents. The teacher was asking me how a child went home, the clinic lady said there was a mom waiting for me on the phone, 2 parents were waiting for me about bus numbers, and I had to make phone calls to the classrooms to let them know the transportation changes. I just stood there and couldn't think or talk. Then I went into the secretary's office (she wasn't in there) and started crying while trying to make my phone calls. She came in and told me to stay there while she took care of the issues out front. Earlier, the assistant principal asked me to order some stuff, which I told her that I hadn't even had the chance to order the textbooks that she asked me to last week. Told me to get them ordered immediately. She also asked me about a bunch of boxes that are sitting in the front waiting for me to ship out and also some that need to be checked in. I am so slammed. I went in at 6:30 yesterday and didn't leave until 3:30, with still so much to do. I needed to at least go home and get a run in to clear my head. I'm going in early again today, so that I can at least make out a deposit. I will also have to move the school store supplies and shirts from the cafe back to the office today. Today is the last day that they are to be sold in the cafeteria.

It's a good thing I'm on Prozac. Maybe I should start taking more for a few days. What do you girls think? I was taking them every other day, but have started taking them everyday. Now I'm wondering if I should take 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

Ramona-It is nice hearing from you. How are you feeling? How are the boys doing?

Sherry-I hope the teachers don't have you in a frenzy! The days before school starts are very busy.

Dee-I can't believe how much you have been exercising. I hope your back is doing better and that you aren't taking as much medication.

Love to all!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Poor, poor sweet Shelley! You don't need an extra dose of Prozac, you need an assistant. It sounds like you have always been able to handle a heavy load, so now the school expects you to even carry a heavier load. Maybe you could schedule a short meeting with the principal to discuss options of splitting your workload up or allowing you extra hours etc. You are so overloaded, you are not doing your job as well as you could at this point. I'm thinking of you sweetie, go easy on the prozac and hopefully things may level out in the next few days.

Ramona, dear, nice to see you!!!!! Please, please come back and post, I miss you! I have a feeling things are really bothering you... know you can get ahold of me anytime you wish.

Sher, I hope you have a better day today! I feel for you girls working in the school system for the next few weeks. Ali starts school the 17th, she is thrilled about going back to school as a 1st grader and no longer a Kinder.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #6  

Gayle-I remember last year when you were crying as you left little Allison in the grown up world of school. Now she is entering 1st grade! Give her an extra hug from her Aunt Shelley and tell her good luck!

Today was much better. Things are beginning to slow down. I was able to move the school store back into the office. I still didn't get to make the deposit or do any orders yet. One of the teachers came to me and asked if her order was in yet. I had to tell her that I hadn't even ordered it yet.

Time to get the spaghetti off the stove.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #7  

Ramona are you bogged down with work? I hope that everything is ok with you. Please post when you get a chance. I hope that is soon.

Sherry you are such a busy girl. I hope that you get a bit of time to relax today.

Gayle I am glad that things are as bleak. We sure miss you when you don't post. I agree with what you said to Shelley about needing an assistant. She has been just to darn efficient. I had to laugh (sorry) about your story about the waterbed. I remember once when I went to Cancun with a friend we checked into our room and I decided that I would check out what bed I wanted. I bounced on the first bed I seen. It colapsed on me. Guess who got the broken bed. We laughed so hard.
Good luck with the training tomorrow Gayle. You will do well. Your little girl is growing up, Grade one already.

Shelley I am glad that you had a better day today. Your work can be so stressful. I do think that you need an extra hand. I hope that you even have a better day tomorrow.

I don't know what is wrong with me today and for that matter yesterday. I am craving sweets like crazy. Not only am I craving them I am devouring them. Good thing there isn't much in the house. Didn't help that we went to the ball game yesterday and I shared a bag of candy floss with Dez after we had peach pie for dessert. Good thing I am swimming. It sure burns a lot of calories, 500 an hour. After this post I am going out for a walk.

Today I went for my pre-op physical. I think that everything will be ok. I haven't told anyone about the surgery except you girls. I am seeing one of my walking girlfriends tonight and I haven't decided if I am going to tell her. I really should. We have talked about plastic surgery in our group of walking girls but I was the only one that didn't comment. They all have their wishes. I guess you can say I told a small lie to my sister and to Dez. I told them that I was getting a hernia fixed. That is what the doc checked me for but deternined that it was a split muscle from pregnancy. I think that with the family I will tell the white lie. Not sure yet what to do with my friends. It is such a vain operation I am embarrassed. Especially getting my boobs done. I wouldn't have considered it if Larry hadn't mentioned it. I don't think that they are that bad. But did you notice that as we age our nipples get bigger? I didn't til I read up on the surgery. I want itty bitty nipples that are perky again. When I asked the surgeon where the nipples would be he said well they aren't going to be looking at you, they are going to be right in the front, like head lights. lol
Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #8  
Losing it!

I'm glad today was better Shelley! Allison is growing up wayyyyyy to fast! Since we do all day Kindergarten here she is way ahead of what I remember Liz knowing at that age. Plus, I think the world we live in today of cable television and computers places kids way ahead of the game.

I had a very good dinner tonight with my experiment... I cooked a breast of chicken in a foil pack in my crockpot (easy cleanup) in the foil packet, I topped the chicken w/2 T of FF italian dressing. After it was cooked, I chunked it up and added some canned green chilis to the mixture. I then placed 1 T. of RF cheese spread on a FF tortilla, added the chicken mixture, rolled it up and microwaved for a few seconds. It was different then the norm and very filling.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Dee, we posted at the same time!!!

Hmmmmm....maybe I need boob surgery....my "headlights" are now my "spotlights" for my feet! LOL! I'm sure all of your walking friends will understand if you did decide to tell them ~ just like your friends here do.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #10  

Hello

I'm one tired mama tonight! I'm trying so hard not to get stressed about work! When I left today my desk was piled high with cum records. Tomorrow, I have to go to my "other" school. (Yep, spilt between two again!) On Friday, at my regular school, I have to finish my records then get the attendance folders ready to hand to teachers so they can have them by Monday! Not enough hours in a day and I'm about to scream! Sorry, I had to vent. I'm sure Shelley knows what I'm going through and what I'm talking about!!

Also...Come Friday afternoon, besides my regular 40 hours this week, I have a Pre-Season Titans football game to work which is 10 hours work! So 40 for the week PLUS 10 for Friday night! (18 hours working on Friday!)

Gayle,
You're sounding more like yourself! I'm so happy that you're back to posting! Tell Allsion I said I hope she has a wonderful school year and I hope she loves her teacher! I can't believe how big she's getting!!! You'll do fine working! Most registers tell you how much change to give back. Don't worry about it...You'll make yourself sick! You'll do fine! Are you not going to teach classes anymore?

Shelley,
STRESS...STRESS...STRESS!!!! Will we make it girl???? If I get one more phone call asking "What teacher does my child have?" I'll scream! ALL teachers sent out postcards welcoming them to their rooms but they still call! We even have parents to call and ask "What are the names of the other children in the class? I need to see if my child is friends with any of them." Can you believe this Shelley??? CRAZY! Like we don't have anything else to do!!

Dee,
Your post was too funny! When you said that the older you get the bigger your nipples get, I looked down in my shirt!!! Mine aren't too big (nipples) right now but now I know what to look forward to as I age!!!! LOL!!!!!! I say if your doctor has approved this surgery and you have the money then by all means...GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! Let us know when!!!!

Ramona,
Are you ok? Your post sounded like you were either very depressed or something was bothering you. PLEASE keep in touch with us and let us know how you are! We love you and we're here for you girlie! I sure do miss you!!!

Carol,
I'm so happy that you're doing as good as you are! You're one strong lady! Debbie & I were talking about your surgey the other day and felt so sorry for you because there is NO meat around your ankle so it has to be a very painful surgey! I think you have done so good!! Keep it up and you'll be running down the street in no time!!!!!! If I were there I would hug you!!!

Vicki,Cheryl,Janice & Doni ....How are you? I often think of you. Please post soon so we know you're ok!I really miss you!!!!

Debbie...You're posting on the exercise thread now come post here! That's an order!! LOL

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. If so, please forgive me!!!

I don't know if anyone noticed my new tracker.I started low carb a week ago Monday. This past Monday was my first weigh-in. I lost 5 lbs the first week!! I'm looking forward to Monday for my 2nd weigh-in. This is the first time that I stay full, never hungry and haven't wanted sweets! So it's working!! Thanks Debbie for all the tips and helping me through this... about what to eat, not to eat, etc. I think by doing this I may be able to finally reach my goal and feel good!

Sorry for writing a book! I'll go now and get into bed. Love you all....Hugs!!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:03 AM   #11  

Sherry-Congratulations on the weight loss. With all the running around between the 2 schools and the Titan games, you will probably lose on shear exhaustion alone! At least I get to come home this weekend and relax or run, or do whatever! I don't think I can face the house at this point. My bird room is a total disaster. I need to clean up the poopy newspapers, but I have been too tired after work to even think of it.

Dee-You are too funny. Do we get to see before, during, and after pictures? You will be a great guinea pig just in case any of us can eventually afford the work done!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #12  
Janice

Sherry and Shelley - You two have hectic jobs. I feel for you both. My last job was like that, and I finally left. They just expect so much. Take some Me time both of you.
I didn't know about the nipples getting bigger!! I checked mine out and they are huge, now, and yes they are looking at my feet. Ranks right up there with chin hair.
I go to the surgeon on August 31, to find out about getting my carpal tunnel operated on.
Sherry - I am probably going back on low carb. I have been trying for three days to get back on program with WW but I just crave sweets too much. Low carb does work and you never have to be hungry, and it gets rid of the cravings. You are doing great. Congratulations on the Weight Loss.
Carol - Hope you are doing well and on the mend.
Gayle - I'm sure you're winning the challenge right now. I have to smarten up, and get back on track.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Janice, no need to worry about the challenge. I am staying OP around 90-95 percent of the time but the weight is not budging. Maybe I should add weight gain to my list along with saggy boobs and chin hair??? LOL! The joys of getting older but still feeling like a 20 year old.

Thank you for the well wishes! I'm nervous, but I also know I will survive through all of it. I am excited about working out with the public again. I still am kinda nervous about the money thing. Her registers show how much change to give back, but she wants her employees to count it back from the total due to the balance given. Sometimes (most times) my mind just goes blank. I'll let you guys know how it goes, I only work three hours today to train.

SHER: CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! AWESOME JOB!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #14  

Gayle I see you are on line. You will do fine. Your headlights will shine the way....
Old 08-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #15  

I am busy this morning but just wanted to check in. Hehehe, I can just picture you all looking down your shirt to see if your nipples are bigger.

Sher congrats on the weight loss. If I could only lose that five pounds you lost. That is all I want to lose. The last five pounds is always a struggle. I know that Shelley can vouch for that.
Closed Thread