Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #1  
Is it Friday yet?

Default The Halloween Hustle and the Sprint O' the Spirits

Welcome Witchies, Howdy hobgoblins, Hola ogres!

This is the Holloween Hustle challenge - with a "sprint o' the spirits" each month until we get to All Hallow's Eve

So tell us:

What's your August aim?
Your September sprint?
Where do you see yourself by Halloween? At goal? Down 10 evil pounds? DAILY exercize?

Get on the wagon, ignore the spiders and enjoy the ride!

Your Ghostess with the mostest,
Punkin
(aka Terri)
Old 08-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #2  
Momma Frog

Thanks for starting the thread Punkin!!

By the end of August I wan't to AT LEAST be 3 lbs. lighter (232lbs)

By the end of September 10lbs lighter (225lbs)

By the end of the Challenge 20lbs lighter (215lbs)

My goals are to eat right (NO MORE FADS!!!) Portion control, less sugar, more moving my rear (and various other parts).

That's it. Simple right???
Old 08-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #3  
Momma Frog

Here's my modivation. The latest and greatest pix of Sydney.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sydney_1.jpg (27.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg sydney_2.jpg (19.8 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by frogger; 08-09-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:30 PM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Can I join in? (I need extra motivation and shove in the right direction)

My August Aim is to exercise consistently and keep my HR up through strong cardio (5-6X a week for at least 3-4 hours per week) to burn some of this evil fat off me.

September Sprint?----to reduce my waistline by 2 inches!

Halloween Hope?--- to tuck my shirt into my jeans with no abdomen *spillage*
Old 08-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #5  
Is it Friday yet?

Of course you can join in MarbleFlys! Welcome to our nutty group o' ladies!

Frogger, Sydney is beautiful! What a pretty little girl - and that grin! Your hubby's gonna have to be on his toes when she gets older! Excellent motivation too, can't think of much better!

Ok, my goals:
August aim - say "buh-BYE" to 4 pounds
September sprint - I see myself at least in the mid 220's
I'm "Swearin' for Samhain" - I will NOT purchase ANY of those perfectly packaged chocolatey goodies that call my name as I walk by the aisle. NONE - if I don't buy them I won't eat them, and if I don't eat them I won't have to get the fat off my butt that they'll cause! No Halloween candy!!!!

So there! The evil candy has been put on notice - don't talk to me cuz I ain't gonna listen!

September will be 1 YEAR from my trip to Fiji - no time to waste messing around with this - this time next year I'll be on a beach and don't want someone tryin' to throw me back in (ifyaknowwhatImean!)

Smooches!

Terri
Old 08-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #6  

yes, nothing worse than that SUGAR ADDICTION, and ya' feel so horrible the next day!

I'm on Meridia and it has really helped me to control WHAT I eat and not over-eat. I can walk away from the fridge....and I have pretty much lost my taste for chocolate. (so why am I not melting off pounds like an informercial?)....I seem to lose weight sooo slowly (no there is nothing wrong with me, I've been tested up the wahzoo). But just give me the chance and I could gain 8 lbs. in a week!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #7  
Is it Friday yet?

Well MarbleFlys, I've been lucky thus far with weight loss, but there's a little voice in my head that tells me that won't always be so - so I should quit messing around with it! As long as I keep myself focused, journal what I'm putting in my mouth and get *some* sort of exercise, I can get it off relatively quickly - it's been KEEPING it off that's been the problem. I've literally lost over 200 pounds - 60 the first time (regained 75), 89 another time (regained 100 - during my divorce), 40 yet again (regained 25).

Huh.... maybe subconsciously I'm convinced any loss is just temporary? Something for me to think on.

On to glug my water!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #8  
deleted2

Thanks for the new thread, Punkin!
My August goal is to finish up my first 12 week round of BFL, and start another one!!! Will have to consider September and October. I'll consult the crystal to see what the spirits have to say.

Thanks for the pics of Sweet Sydney, Frogger!

Welcome, Marbleflys!!!! Look forward to getting to know you better!

Old 08-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #9  
Hot Stuff

Cool, the new thread is up! Thank you Ms. Punkin!

Welcome, MarbleFlys! So glad you joined us! Now, with an intriguing name like that, care to explain how it came about?

Frogger, Sydney gets more adorable with every picture! Such a pretty little girl....like her mama, of course!

Hmmm...August aim...'bout three weeks left in August...I'm going to go for 5 lbs lost! Anyone else??? (Of course, you dedicated souls who are at or near goal are exempt.) It takes three weeks to form a habit...and I would like to get back in the habit of regular weight training again. It is my favorite type of exercise, so the only roadblock is time. Time to make time!

September sprint will be to install extra seat belts on the wagon because I don't have time to fall off! October will arrive before I know it and that's when I'm a-travelling! I would like to see another 5lbs sent packing in September.

Halloween is my 7th anniversary with DH. It would be nice to be in a smaller size by then.

I love new threads! Just need the rest of the gang to follow the breadcrumbs now.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #10  
wsw

marbleflys-welcome!

punkin-thanks for starting the new thread!

frogger-the pix of sydney are adorable!!

definitely like the idea of new beginning. this challenge:
will stick with lowered cals. and healthy food choices, plenty of water, and vary exercise routine a little more. also may meet with nutritionist to see if i can get better idea of good food choices to help push scale downward in light of my limited mobility due to ms. also more consistency with my meditation tapes.

hi wildfire, eydie, kaylets, arabella, and all our lovely royals!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #11  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 1

What an excellent day to begin to hocuspokusfocus I must confess I haven't weighed myself in a while, and had decided I was going to bite the bullet and do it on Sept. 1, thus giving myself a little time to take some off before I faced the music. SO, my commitment for August is to do my checklist every day and report in on the success of each one.

I'm still tired, I think fighting off some illness as a result of my trip. Never fails, if I get overstressed in any particular way, that I'm easy prey for whatever's going around. That's why my checklist of healthy behaviors is so important. Honestly, when I feel well it's reasonably easy for me to stay on track, but if I'm exhausted or feeling ill, I often have difficulty keeping self from diving head-first into the cookie bag. So. Looking after self is priority #1. From which blessings will flow to others. Now, having said how tired I am, I must build some rest into my day instead of just trying to push through.

Thanks for (g)hosting the new thread, Your Punkinness! Mmmmm... Fiji sounds wooooooonderfulllll! And I'm seeing you there in splendid slenderness!!!

Welcome, MarbleFlys and love to all, mentioned or un- Let's make this a good one!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #12  
Momma Frog

Marbleflys WELCOME.

I'm SO motivated for this. Even on vacation. Ocean City's boardwalk is 3 miles long. We intend to walk it everyday. Isn't that INSANE? This was my DH suggestion. LOL

Eating my beloved oatmeal this morning. YEAH!!!

This just popped into my head..
We're weepy and we're cooky, mysterious and hooky, we're off to lose our booty the Royal family!!

Later Gators, I'll be back in a few...
Old 08-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #13  
Is it Friday yet?

Frogger that is HYSTERICAL!!!!!! We have a theme song!!

Good to see everyone!

Yes, Arabella, if YOU don't take care of yourself, who will? May I suggest a hot bath and glass o' wine?

Must away to get some work done as, darn it, it won't seem to do it itself!

Planning a trip with GFs to visit a known haunted hotel in October. Looking forward to giving my dowsing rods a try out!

Toodles for now!

Terri
Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #14  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Frogger! memorizing words right this minute! Thanks for the theme song -- I think that the way this thing's happenin' means we're all going to succeed beyond our wildest dreams. Sounds like a nice boardwalk -- Enjoy!

Punkinseed, cool beans! I'd love to visit a haunted hotel (although I suspect this would be the one time I'd want to share a room). A friend of mine belongs to a dowser group and another has experimented with them and both swear they work.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #15  

Thanks for the warm welcome, I appreciate it! Wildfire, the name comes from something a 15 year old highschool girl thought up and I ran with it.....my daughter and friends are now in their 20's....(I'm 48 in realtime, but still have many childish tendancies)

Frogger, your baby is beautiful!

OK, I took this challenge to heart today, I did NOT want to work out!!! but felt ashamed if I didn't, so I put in 33 mins. of hard cardio and abs. on my stability ball. I'm using a rebounder for the cardio as it allows me to move at a fast enough pace to keep my HR up (thus burning FAT---hopefully). I alternate with interval sessions of dumbbell sets, step-ups with a 12 inch step, chest press, 1/2 push-ups(done at the kitchen counter at an angle), bi-ceps, dead lifts.

I was unable to lift wts. for almost a year and gained a lot of flab. (injury to shoulder, radial fracture of elbow and broken nose, wet feet, wet dog, splat on a ceramic tile floor!)...prior to that I had a terrible emotional *crisis* and depression drugs caused me to just not care, (but I do now!)...I never had a weight problem until I hit my 30s, then through diet and exercise I lost the excess and kept it off for 5 years. Now I intend to get it off and keep it off. easier said than done...but I refuse to give up.

BBL....work is awful today!
Closed Thread