Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default In the Cow-feteria

In the Winn Dixie, they sometimes have buy ONE get TWO free packages of chicken breasts. I can send you the ad, sugar, and you can one-up the butcher's wife.

It's raining here.And raining. and raining. It's wonderful to be indoors.

Breakfast: Rose tea with Splenda and Silk milk. Left over salmon, spinach .. threw out the potatoes.

Lunch: Left over tortollini salad. That stuff is GOOD days later.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 08-06-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah, I ate lunch. A can of Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs and a glass of milk. I'm going to ****, aren't I?

k
Old 08-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

I corrected my spelling in the title.

Canned food is not a deadly sin. I think you should have a little green salad with it though.

Raining here. DS is out riding his bike. I guess he's used to being wet by now.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #4  
fatter than U

Raining here too, Peachy. Our Spanish friends are running around saying "Que frio!" and have already bought sweaters and long pajamas.

Salmon and spinach are sooooo good for you!

Kiwi - I think canned spaghetti is actually healthy. Don't cooked tomatoes have that stuff in them that protects you against all sorts of nasties? It's the meatballs I'd be worried about.

I can't even remember what I had for lunch. This and that, I think. I know I had heart shaped pancakes and two (very very very small) pieces of bacon for dinner. Migraine recovery program. No wonder my pants are tight.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

Que agua-o here.

Snack: ice cream cone I found in the freezer. Chocolate inside the cone. Yummo. Bad.

Dinner: Brown rice and veggies. Iced Good Earth tea. Hippie meal. DeLiCiOUS.

Will I stop there???? Probably not.

Sugar, how did you make Spanish friends? Are you serving them bratwurst?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #6  

I skipped breakfast... does that count?
Then had Chinese Chicken salad at Chili's for lunch... and 3 bean salad (from a can) and spinach souflee (Souffers) and a big piece of left over lemonade cake for dinner... plus about a gallon of green tea....
MD said I was on steroids to keep tummy calm... but it makes me bloat and crave carbs more than usual. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.
But I'm gonna live, so i suppose that's a good thing.

It rained here for about 3 minutes. Muy humido.
Hasta manana, chickas.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:17 AM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

mmm spinach souflee Yum. And Brown rice and veggies, Yum.

We went to friends' camp at Other Lake for dinner. I had crackers and cheese, one hamburger with bun and cheese, rice and beans, corn on the cob. And beer. Oh, yeah, and a whoopie pie. Pretty much decided that the rest of the world is unfamiliar with whoopie pies. It's sort of related to a moon pie. Maybe I'll scout out a pic. Anyone have these where you live? This is a good description, but the whoopie pies have too much filling (IMHO). Here's some more typical ones.

Goodnight, I'm bloated.

Kiwi

So then I had some potato chips with cheese dip, and considered heating up some leftover rice pilaf, but decided to go to bed instead. Good choice...

Last edited by Kiwonk; 08-07-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:05 AM   #8  

Yesterday I had Deli Rye Triscuits for lunch...2 nekkid burgers with carboption ketchup , a tich of mayo and polish dill pickles for dinner... a fudgesicle and a gallon of cawfee with silkmilk and water water water...snore
. Whoopie Pies G O O D... I got a receipe around here from my ww days for a low cal whoopie pie... the filling is made with frozen cool whip.. Delish!

When we were in NC I already got my "courtesy cards" from the Stop and Robs... Lowes and Food Lion.. New store names for me..I'm use to Pathmark, Shoprite, and Stop n Shops...and I think I'll join "Curves", there's one close to me now..My weight loss has stalled...I still look like a weeble.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

I think I should just go back and add foods to a previous message; then nobody has to read it

I'm going to watch the canoe race today. Big white water race a few miles away from here. Part of the annual canoe festival, which used to be a lot of fun and is not so much anymore. DD is not happy that they don't have the canoe parade anymore -- she loved coming up with a silly theme and decorating a canoe and floating downstream with her friends (not in whitewater).

We got an appointment for DD to have senior portraits done in 2 weeks. For $99 you get 3 prints or something -- apparently we will be shelling out serious dough for this stuff.

Kiwi
Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

I could eat me some 'o them whoppee pies. Yummo. Chocolate and Cool Whip.

Breakfast: Skipped. No time.

Lunch: Left over tortollini salad on spinach. Threw out rest of tortollini. Tired of spelling it.

DS's senior pictures were done free UNLESS you wanted to pay a $20 sitting fee. This would get you some proofs which you could purchase. DS did not pay the fee. And he got the pictures taken just before his haircut. I told him he did that just so I wouldn't be tempted to buy any.

I am going to nap.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
DS's senior pictures were done free UNLESS you wanted to pay a $20 sitting fee. This would get you some proofs which you could purchase. DS did not pay the fee.
Oh well, he's a boy. I don't think I'll be getting away with that.

Nice day today. Went and sat on a riverbank and watched canoes and kayaks paddle by in the race. The 2nd boat over the finish line, and the first kayak, was paddled by an 82 year old man. Meanwhile, I'm too pitiful to lug my kayak down to the lake and put it in the water...

Oh yeah, I've have some coffee today, a bagel with half cream cheese and half peanut butter, then a serving of leftover rice pilaf and some red bell pepper. That's breakfast and lunch I guess. I feel like a nap.

Kiwi
Old 08-07-2005, 03:05 PM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

Speaking of coffee. Anyone listen to NPR today?
Coffee was introduced second half of 17th century. It replaced alcohol for many people and great works of art were produced at the same time. Coffee houses were big deals in England and important decisions were made in them. They evolved into men's clubs as women were not allowed in the coffee houses. Then The West Indian Tea Company (may have that wrong) introduced tea and tea parlors sprung up and welcomed families. Thus, tea became the drink of England.

Best part in church today: This woman who is now doing the "children's church" is a bit snooty or something. She replaced a woman who didn't ask to be replaced. Anyhow, she calls the kids up to the front and asks who knows who Zacharais was. He climbed upa tree, she said. Little boy said "He fell out." She said "No, he didn't" and the kid said, "Yes, he did too." Just liked it.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Hee Hee, I like your story.

I just went swimming. In the lake. It was beeyootiful.

I'm having frozen MahiMahi for dinner. I wonder what I should with it. Besides thaw it.

Kiwi
Old 08-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #14  

DH loves homemade whoopie pies... His mom made sure I got the recipe for "her boy" (he was 48 at the time!!) Devils food cake mix made into "cookies" and then frosted with pre-made frosting....high sugar, for sure....

I am seriously into comfort food.... should probably just take more tylenol and a long nap.

Canoe races sound great... there is no place within miles to put a canoe in water.... Although I can hear thunder and lightening... so flash floods might make it possible.

Great story, about Zacharias, Cowpernia... Isn't there a second Zacaharias, besides? I think kids sometimes just stick to what they know... and manage to keep it simple!

I paid LOTS of money for kids HS grad portraits... and I still have them up... They make me happy every time i see 'em... One of my wiser "extravagant" purchases.

TTFN.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Morning, cowsies.

I don't have a puppy. But I have puppy pictures! Here is a litter of Belgian sheepdog puppies at 2 weeks old. They are not so very far away that I might not go visit them sometime soon. And there are still 2 available. Hmmm. DH wants to buy a new boat for the lake. Do I smell a trade-off opportunity?

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puppy pile.jpg (38.4 KB, 24 views)
Closed Thread