Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #91  
loves kleenex box art

ohhh they are so sweet. and those grey legssss are so Kiwi. Yay... Go get her..!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #92  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Thumbs up Do It Do It Do It

ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!even i who is now afraid of puppies and all the work associated thinks------------how ADORABELE---especially the grey legs----sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!--speaking of dogs---dd19's dad is going away for a week and WE are taking care of his 2 year old greyhound that he adopted in the spring!! her name is Franny and she is sweet and shy ---hopefully baby boy and miss nb will not scare her to death---and ASHES---that is our mean 12 year old kitty---she may be a problem!!!ANYway---i will send pics when she arrives------------SERIOUSLY KIWI---GET THE DOG --------GET THE DOG------GET.THE.DOG. JUST DO IT.!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #93  

Puppies! Oh, I hope you get your happy pup.
DS23 and his GF are here... having a happy time dashing in and out of thunderstorms. DD27's flight was delayed 3 hours but she got home all in one piece. It was restorative to have both of them nearby... even though at one point I JUST NEEDED A NAP.
Off to a bit of knitting and then early to bed.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:14 AM   #94  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm going to grout a log cabin today. Doesn't that sound soooo lumberjack? I'll be needing a nap soon.

K
Old 08-17-2005, 09:52 AM   #95  

I didn't know log cabins needed grouting. Is that daub and wattle?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #96  

Oooooo, Kiwi! Diva is perfect for you. Gethergethergether. How can you possibly resist those eyes????

Painty, how wonderful to have your childruns at home again.

I think I have wattle on my thighs. or somethin'
Old 08-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #97  
loves kleenex box art

The puppo is adorable but Wabbo's comment is ironico as I have often thought/said/complained that those doggos eyes are not visible. Black on black and all.

There is a potential good thing in the air here. I just interviewed for a job accidentally. I wantitwantitwantit.

My boss is a ______. Please supply words that mean control-freak. This morning, I'm not working in that office but I called and asked the new girl to email me something off my computer. She said the boss told her not to turn my computer on as it may have a virus. No explanation. No prognosis. No plan to get rid of the virus. She simply thwarts every single thing that is not her own idea.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #98  

Your boss is a control freak. Is that good enough? I think that just about describes it.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:31 PM   #99  
Member w/ messiest house

Your boss is a controlling beeyotch.

I agree with you Wabbit, Diva is perfect. I doubt I can get her, but I wouldn't mind at all.

Re: grouting -- nope, Painty, this is daub and wattle. Our friends' have built a home from a log cabin kit, and these logs are very regularly shaped, squared off on top and bottom so that they can be stacked. But in order to really last and have good insulating value, you grout between each and every log. We had 4 of us doing it and we spent pretty much all day and we got done exactly half of one wall. Really tedious stuff. More fun with a group, definitely. I don't envy them having to do the rest of it.

Kiwi
Old 08-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #100  

Daub and wattle looks a little drafty for the far northland.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #101  
Member w/ messiest house

Where is everybody? Out playing in the sunshine? Good idea. Bye

Kiwi
Old 08-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #102  

I'm here at work, Kiwi. I didn't post because I didn't want to answer myself.....and I've really got nuthin' to say.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:17 PM   #103  
Member w/ messiest house

Me either. I am booooooooooooooring as heck today. DH took off to go shopping for a used plow and to go boat shopping with a friend. The boats they're looking at are for the friend, so I don't expect he'll come with one, but it will be amusing if he buys a plow and has to bring it home on the front of the truck--in the middle of summer. People will think he's lost his mind. Then he's going sailing for the weekend, so DD and I are home alone.

Oh carp. We just caught a mouse. Durn thing has been scurrying around in the ceiling over the living room for 2 or 3 days, so DH finally set a trap on a shelf right under the ceiling. Figures the would wait until he went away for 4 days before getting itself smacked flat. Now I'll have to deal with it. DH usually removes dead mice from the traps and disposes of them -- I think I will just be disposing of the whole trap. Dumb things. I can't believe they want to live inside our house in the summertime. Makes no sense; if I were a mouse I would be very happy to move outdoors in this weather. Later when it gets cold, I can understand their wanting in.

Well, have a love rest-of-the-day, Wab. Ta

Kiwi
Old 08-18-2005, 06:49 PM   #104  

tick-tock tick-tock. 45 minutes to go. I need a vacation. I want a week at the beach vacation like Kiwi's.

I'd be tossing the trap, too, Kiwi. Mice are my big phobia.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:34 AM   #105  

Ooooh NuThin' could Beeee Finer than to Beeee in CAROLinER in the Mo-OR-OR-NING!!NuThin could Beeee SweeTer than to BEE a Senoriter in the MO-Or_or-NING! (OK, I made that second line up..don't know the words... )

KIWI: You must have Lady GreyLegs! She is absolutely adorable!!Lordy, I don't envy the grout party.. I did the same with my sister who bought one of those by the numbers log cabins.. NOT FUN!
Cowsie, Anal Retentive comes to mind... so did you get the job, did DH get the toyota ??
Painty, enjoy your time with the childruns! Knit some booties for Kiwi's Diva Doggette.
Bagz: Peectures we want peectures!
Sugar, fingers crossed you find a new pooch..How long are those Spainyards there for? Hmmpf by the time they leave you will be fluent! Si?
Wabby: So are you swinging yet?
How I missed my Chubby Chums!
Me:Phase 3 of the move is completed! Furniture arrives today.. I got brandy new LG Turbo charged, 350 with over head cam Washer and Dryer.. with all the bells and whistles delivered yesterday..(How sad to be soooo happy over household appliances ). We left our old place quite spiffy.. and now I have to do my magic on our new nest to get it comfy cozy...Casey and Darby love their big fenced in yard - and I am enjoying my morning solitude waiting for the HUGICAL butterflies to visit me at my window...
The Altar to the Weight Gods is still packed away..but my size 16 jean shorts are getting to by quite swimmy around my waist.. I've been , let's say on the poop-away-the- pounds diet.. I'm sure I dropped some poundage...but alas, I still look like a weeble..

These Southern'ers are quite the friendly type, makes me want to slap em ..

Note to self: Must make nice and get me some of dat dare southern charm
Closed Thread