3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Butterflies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/62692-butterflies.html)

RainyAfternoon 08-02-2005 05:30 AM

The Butterflies

Hey girls, I started this thread in groups because of all the responses I got to my thread in buddy up. I need to lose around 130 lbs all together, but want to lose hopefully 50 lbs by christmas for a very special event(might be getting married)
Right now I am 287 lbs, was 285 but am on my TOM and will probably go back once it's over, maybe even drop a few more lbs. I am following loosely the weight watchers points program. I am being strict about staying within my points, but I'm not doing it where you gain points for exercise, etc.I have cut portion size tremendously, have been staying away from junk food, sweets, deep fried foods, pop, etc.
I send in my food logs every night before bed to my sister who in turn sends me an inspirational message every day. She is truly a big key in my success so far. I am also going to start sending her in weekly exercise logs, aiming for at least 5 days a week of exercise at at least a half hour each time. But also allowing a day to have off so I don't burn myself out and get bored. I am doing walking and have richard simmons tapes. As well as an ab/arm machine, 2 lb weights and an exercise ball.
I work from home and I am on the computer a ton, usually in the evenings and late late nights. It is 3:30 am here right now, hehe.
I decided to call us the butterflies because well as cheesy as it sounds we are all beautiful inside waiting to come out of our shell. And also because I really liked the one girls name, broken butterly hehe. If you guys don't like it, let me know. I just wanted to start up this group as their seems to be a lot of interest.
So I have finished month one, and August has started. I am going to aim for my exercise goal and really try and get that going. Other goals are to drink more water(I'm horrible at that) and of course LOSE SOME POUNDS hehe
So, introduce yourself, let the rest of the group know where you're at. And let's come up with a game plan. Try and get everyone on the same page and communicating. The more close support we get, the better chances we will achieve our goals!!! :D

ChocLabLover 08-02-2005 09:19 AM

Okay, time for the introduction. :wave: This time around I need to lose a total of 147 lbs. :yikes: I have lost a total of 24 lbs so far and have been on this new program for 2 months, so not a bad average weight loss. I also would like to lose 50 lbs by the time Christmas rolls around, nothing special is going on, except I would love to be out of the 200's. Let's just say that I have tried all of the weight loss programs, NutriSystem, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, and they have all worked. My issue has always been going off the program and onto maintenance. I am a binge/emotional eater (double whammy), so I find with my personality, I need to be on a strict diet, full stop. The program I am on now is SureSlim, pretty strict diet, but I like it that way because I am not allowed a lot of leeway. It also has one on one counsellors which helps you get over the rough days (and don't we have them all). ;) I am pretty much on my own, though my mom is supportive. I do excercise every day, no choice really with a really active dog. I also do boxing a couple of times a week, which is an amazing stress reliever. My motivation is pretty high (though isn't always when you first start), but as I got a pretty bad scare from my doctor last year, this is kind of a make or break issue now. Part of the reason for the weight gain this time around was due to a very very stressful time at work. Needless to say, the last thing I was worried about was about the type of food I was putting into my mouth. :eating2: My doctor basically said I was a prime candidate for hypertension/diabetes/stroke. The first thing I did after that was get a new job. Now that the stress is removed, I can now concentrate on the weight loss. I realize that I will always have stress in my life, but I needed to get rid of the huge stressor so I could concentrate on other things, namely my health. Sorry about the verbal incontinence :blah: but I think the butterfly group is a great idea. I have posted on other groups, but it is sometimes hard being the new chick on the block. I am at work all week, so it is easy for me to pop in an out of the forum. I currently do not have a computer at home, so for now will only be posting during the week. I think sharing our experiences will be great because it sounds like everyone is in the same boat and are new members. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Extrinsic Rapture 08-02-2005 09:58 AM

Hey I'd like to join the group!

I thought this title was cute. I had no idea I've read the original poster's comments before which is so coincidental. Ive always said I'd get a tattoo of a butterfly on my tummy if I ever get to goal.

Well this'll be a very short intro b/c I'm not in the best mood.
I'm currently on my own plan. Watching calories and will tweak that when ready. I post my foods on fitday.com. The pounds havent been dropping but the inches are...slowly. So far I'm keeping motivated thru challenges on this site. I'm 300+ lbs and one day I'd like to be a size 12 (a size 24/26 now). I suffer from depression and low self esteem both of which have contributed to poor eating habits (not to mention a terrible family environment). I like exercise at times but I easily get out of routine. Hmmm...I can't think of much else at the moment.

Hope its okay I've dropped by.

~Rosie~

BrokenButterfly 08-02-2005 01:09 PM

Hello!

Well, personally, I love the name. ;)

I thought I'd introduce myself as well. My name is Catherine, I'm 23 from Newfoundland, Canada. I've been overweight my whole freakin life and I'm just sick of it. My weight? Ehh..I'm not sure about. I havent weight myself in ages, and the scale we have stops at 300. And I know I'm over 300. I put myself at around 360-370.

I'm content with not weighing myself at the moment. I've been measuring my inches instead. Now, I only started last week, so I'm not expecting great at the moment. Buuut....I'm going to measure my inches every 3 weeks and see. Mayble I'll work up the guts to weigh myself soon :)

I'm thrilled about having a support group, as I'm sure there are going to be rough patches along the way. Right now, I'm counting calories, making sure that Im eating mostly veggies and fruits and protein, and not my beloved junkfood. Actually I havent had one mouthful of junk for the past 8 days. (Which, if you know me, is great), nor have I had any pepsi (which is a MIRACLE! :lol: ) I've really cut down on my bread and pasta as well. I'm aiming for 1500 calories per day.

As for exercise, I've taken to walking. I'm alternating between walking and doing crunches and such at home. I think my exercise challenge is going to be to walk 30 miles in this month. So we'll see what happens.

As for the future, my short term goal is to get to a size 24 in clothes..because right now I'm 30. And damn, are there lots more beautiful clothes for size 24 than there are for size 30. Thats my motivation :lol:

RainyAfternoon - I find I drink waaaaay more water if I have it in a bottle. Infact, I can easily drink atleast 3 bottles of water, just in the morning, as opposed to barely being able to drink a glassfull. Weird. But that works for me!

Extrinsic Rapture- We share similar problems. I have terrible self esteem, and I mean..terrible! It stems from a horrible family environment growing up. And the past year has been really rough on me and my parents. And I eat when I'm upset. I really spiraled downhill this year. Oy.

But I want to change it all. And I will. :)

So thats a little bit about me. I'm sure we'll get to know everyone better as time goes by. :) Just remember you can always email or MSN me :)

MaFeatherlegs 08-02-2005 02:01 PM

Little About Me

Im Jennifer.. most people call me Jen.. im 30..been married now for 4months... and my husband and I have a small piece of property with lots of animals.

I currently weigh around 250.. ( as of the other day when I finally broke down and stepped on the scale ) I've gained alot of weight this last year.

Had lost alot of weight 2 yrs ago on Dr Phil's Ediets plan. I love to cook so found that cooking and following a menu based plan works well for me. SO this time around im using recipes I have from that plan and Weight Watchers and Light and Tasty magazine or just find online.
I kicked a horrible MT Dew Habit the last time but after getting married find myself downing once again way way too much pop even if its not Mt Dew. My husband drinks Mt Dew like its going out of style. I would say I have been drinking close to 100 oz's of soda a day???
SO im trying to get back into the water mode .. iced tea also works well for me.. it doesn't pack on the weight like soda .
I love a big glass of water on ice with sliced lemon. Can drink 4 or 5 glasses at 32oz's each that way. But find I can't down as much if I drink out of a water bottle. weird huh?
Excercise im starting slowly since i've done nothing but sit on my butt for a year now ( hubby is soooooooo inactive that I became a couch potato too ) I am working on getting him up and active also because he should lose about 30-40 lbs himself and get rid of his gut.
But im doing this alone and hoping as I progress he will join.
I have returned to college to finish my degree so thats stressfull but not as stressfull as my full time job was. Hubby and I live with his mother who has COPD and is really a pain in my butt at times. SO I would love to be able to join you gals in some online weight loss support.
My family all lives in kansas so im dealing with seperation from all of them which is not easy for me because my mom and I are very close.
I would like to lose by the end of August 6lbs. ANd will only be weighing myself once a month and measuring my parts once a month.
My goal is to in a year be able to buy a cute swimming suit and wear it in public. HA!!!!!!!! and also to be able to get a breast reduction. Oh and to be able to ride my horse without looking like a beached whale bouncing all over the place.
SO as long winded as I am HI!!!

pixiefalls 08-03-2005 04:02 AM

Hey all, I'm 17. I've been slowly gaining for a while.. specially after that starvation diet I did when I was 13.. I was 179.. those were the days. Well, now I'm going to make these days the best=) I'm 260 and looking to at least get 50 lbs off by Christmas and 125 lbs all together. Want to be a healthy and active weight for college next year;).

I'm cutting back and giving my body a challenge by eating 1,500 calories one day; 1,700 calories the next; and lastly 1,200 calories. Yesterday I only had 1000 then exercise and was full all night! It felt great.. I have a problem snacking when I get bored, but now I figure if I get bored I'll just exercise a little;). I'm doing WATP and I got a pilates tape, but it's tough stuff since I am out of shape!

nconeal 08-03-2005 07:30 AM

Introducing....ME!

Hi all,

My name is Nikki. I am 24 and from North Carolina. I have a BA in psychology, started graduate school, but felt it was too much right now. I work for a non-profit organization and am looking for a professional job. I need more money!!! I am currently 5'4 and 270. I have been overweight since I was in the 3rd grade. I met my b/f in 1998 while in high school. I was 180 then. I have gained over 100 lbs since we've been together. He's hanging in there but it's tough, BUT is finally supportive instead of condesending. He's 5'10, 170. I've finally gotten it that I need to loose and loose now.

My goal is 150, whenever I get to it. I am riding an exercise bike 5-6 days a week. I started at 5 miles each day, then add a mile each week. I have cut out all "white stuff", and recently switched my daily vitamin to a "weight smart" vitamin. I am not following an organized diet plan because I have to make a life-style change. I'm not following something and then gaining it back b/c I make the wrong decisions. I have to beat this with temptation right there in my face. I figure this is the best way to do it.

Anyway, just a little about me. BUTTERFLY POWER!!!

radiodoll 08-03-2005 12:24 PM

Butterfly Power is right! This is a great place for me. Thanks Rainy -

My name is Janet. I'm a radio broadcaster (better than being seen on TV!!!!) and I THOUGHT I had a weight problem all of my young life which became REAL when I hit my 30's. (50 today!!!!) My mother was always putting me on diets when I was young, so I always believed I was fat. It was all I talked about - you should read the comments written to me in my high school year books...(Janet, you are NOT fat!) Well, I guess I grew into my vision of myself.

Stress and fear of people also added the pounds. I am definately an emotional eater.
I am doing points with WW. Trying to stay off sugar as well. With B-day cake this week, I've failed! Oh well.

I am going to be weighing every Wednesday, but today is TOM so I am skipping one week. I've only been OP for 2 weeks so far. I am trying to lose a total of 120 lbs. Exercise is a real problem for me, as I have other physical limitations. But I am startign to walk again, and I just bought the new Core Secrets Ball and Video. I am going to start using my WW video as well.

I am going to set up my working routine tomorrow, as I have taken a fews days oof from work. I also post from work and usually not on the weekends.

Peace and Progress to us ALL! Fly butterflies, FLY!

Radiodoll

HottieInHiding 08-03-2005 01:45 PM

I saw the original post...

and decided to come on over. I think I'll fit in, I hope?

I am 32, mother to two and married for 6 years. I am a part-time sub and former teacher. I have a degree in Science Education and a minor in Psychology. I am considering getting my Master's online....eeek.

I have weighed as high as 272 (not pregnant) and 278 (pregnant!) I started 6 Week Body Makeover (Michael Thurmond's plan from Extreme Makeover 2 years ago and lost 50 lbs in 10 months. (218 was my lowest.) I have slowly gained it back and was in the 230's for quite a while. Recently, I jumped all the way back up to 258, making it 40 pounds that I have regained! Arrgghhh!!!

I'd like to join and chat some more (I'm running out the door to the Vet for my pets!) I have a goal of losing 83 lbs, but I know I could get down to 150, making it 108.

Talk to you later ;)

Extrinsic Rapture 08-03-2005 06:22 PM

just wanted to shortly drop in to add if anyone wants to chat online i have aol, msn and yahoo. so drop me a pm and i'd be happy to give my fellow butterflies my s/n

Rosie

~ntn4utide~ 08-03-2005 11:17 PM

Cuuuuute name!! :) Hi Butterflies :) My name is Deb. I am 27 years old. I am single and living in Nashville, Tn. My live-in roommate is my pet cat, Millie. hahaha ;)
I am 5'4 and weigh 180 lbs. I have been overweight my whole life. MY goals for right now is to get down to 130 lbs or a size 10/12 in clothing. I would like to achieve this goal by December. Is this possible?!?! :?:

I just started a gym. I have never worked out before in my life. As for exercise, I have been going to the gym every day using the treadmill. That is the only machine I know how to use so far. I am semi watching my food intake. I have cut my meals into smaller portions...took out sweets and cokes.
Sorry that this is a short intro.. I am on dial-up. Aol kicks me off every few minutes...

If anyone would like to contact me.. just send a pm or email. my addy is on my profile.
Have a great night!!! :D

bubbley_yum 08-03-2005 11:17 PM

Would Like to Join ---

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hi Ladies... Saw the post.. and felt this might be a great place for me..

Well a bit about me.. I am 32 almost 33 :yikes:
Weight is currently around 340lbs.. :cry:
I am wanting to lose weight but I can break into old habits so easy...
I know how to live healthy but it's the habits that I have a hard time to break. I have always been heavy but now it's extreme...
I have a great DH who is very supportive but it's myself I can't seem to motivate...
I have set a goal for myself I am wanting to to Paris in the fall of 2006 and I have said i will not go to Paris as the Fat Chick.... I just seem to give up easy... I do not eat breakfast.. barely eat lunch but love to eat at night when it's the worst time.. Need someone to stand behind be and kick my butt daily... Well that is what I hope to get here.. People that can understand the frustration. I hope I have not bored you all.. I am a chatter.. ;)

I would really love to chat with some of you and the best way for me is through the messangers. I have Yahoo & MSN

Yahoo:- [email protected]
MSN:_ [email protected]

Thanks for listening....

Vicki

BrokenButterfly 08-04-2005 09:29 AM

Good Morning!

Good Morning Ladies!

Nice to see we are getting some more people :)

I really have to work on my self esteem, man. Here I am, graduated from University with an honours degree in Science, and I'm wanting to do grad studies at a University in a different province. I get so down on myself that my GPA isn't good enough, if I apply, I won't get in, yada yada yada. I psych myself out :( It sucks. I look at other people who did the same thing as me, got pretty much the same grades, but think they are SO much better than me. WHY do I do that? I HATE it!

Grr..thats my little rant for the morning!

bubbley_yum- I love to eat in the night time too :lol: Especially when my favourite tv programs are on! Or if Im watching a movie. I've never been one for breakfasts either. I prefer my sleep, and get up at the very last minute. Since I've started my diet, however, I've been making sure I get breakfast in. I'm actually eating 5-6 small meals a day now. I still have to have a snack in the nighttime, but I've stopped reaching for those good ol' nachos, and am reaching for yogurt instead :lol: Its still VERY hard for me. Just last night I was watching a repeat of Lost ( LOVE that show!) it was 11:30pm, and I SOOOOO wanted some good junkfood. :) (I didn't though!)

~ntn4utide~ - I'm sure you can reach your goal by December...or be very close to it. Just work hard :) I've cut out those sweets and pepsi too. Its hard, man. Last night I REALLY wanted a pepsi..SO bad. Lucky for me, we didnt even have any in the house, or I would have caved. Seriously, I think I was shaking :lol: Not good. Buuuut....we'll help each other through these rough spots. :) Keep working out. :ebike:

Welcome to everyone else! I can't write anymore, I gotta jet. My MSN is in my profile, feel free to add me guys!

Later!

HottieInHiding 08-04-2005 10:43 AM

Well Girls - this looks to be the start of something :)

I've lost 5 lbs since Sunday! Yea, I'm so excited. Now I just need to get exercising!

So what I'm doing:

I'm doing 6 Week Body Makeover, but more "my" way!

Basically I'm eating lean meats and protein, fruits and veggies, brown rice and oatmeal. No sugar, no wheat, no dairy (although I sneak a piece of cheese in every now and then!) I keep my fats low - usually they come from Canola or Olive oil. I will have nuts occassionally or a sugar free candy/popsicle. I also try to drink about 80 oz of water, working up to 100. I drink diet soda, but cutting it back to 1 a day. I'm also trying to limit my salt, but not as severely as the 6 Week original plan.

What I need to work on: getting 5-6 meals in instead of only 3-4 and eating too much at dinner, exercising, getting all my water, controlling cravings (so far so good, but I know they will come some!)

Have a great day Butterflies -

I have my ICQ on my profile, but PM me for my MSN. :) Talk to you later!

nconeal 08-05-2005 07:06 AM

Gaining

Ok, I'm so freakin frustrated. I've cut back my eating and been on the bike for 2 weeks. I started at 268 but has been as high as 275 in the last 2 weeks. How could I be gaining weight? The only thing I can think of is that it's that time of the month. Has anyone else had this problem?

Nikki