Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #16  
Losing it!

I will be back to check your progress for the week Cheryl!
YOU WILL DO GREAT I'M SURE!

I like Subway, I use to REALLY like Subway until Liz worked there and smelled to high heavens the shift they proofed the bread. I have always loved the smell of fresh bread baking, I just never realized it smelled so bad when it was rising. She works part time at Taco Tico now and honestly she doesn't smell as bad as when she worked Subway.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #17  

yummmmmm.....Taco Tico...........

We don't have them here in Northeast Arkansas (thank goodness!) but we did when I lived in Southwest Arkansas. They're like Taco Bell used to be--cheap, fast & easy
Old 08-25-2005, 11:13 PM   #18  
Losing it!

Yep, I even have cheap, fast & easy added to my sig! I'm not a huge Taco Tico fan, but my daughter loves nothing more then to bring stuff home "just for me to try". I'm sure it is a ploy just to see if I will eat it or not. Most of the time, I usually gobble it down. After all, I can't hurt her feelings!! LOL!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #19  

Default 8-29 weigh-in results

I thought I had stuck to my diet pretty well last week. I did eat out on Saturday night, but even then didn't do that badly. One thing I did this week, though, that I normally don't is drink a lot of sodas. I bought Sprites for my DH and I drank more of them than he did!

Anyway, my weigh-in result is that I am only down one pound.

Tracker will be updated accordingly!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:20 AM   #20  

Arrow Inspired anew.

I don't know if I'm the only one that ever gets into this rut, but I realized last Friday that I have been wearing the same 4 or 5 shirts to work over and over again. I've been trying not to buy clothes since I've gained weight because I've held on to the hope that eventually I'll lose what I've gained and be able to fit into the clothes that are hanging in my closet (some that still have the tags on them!).

Anyway, after I realized that I was wearing the same shirts over and over, I decided that it wouldn't hurt anything to buy 2 more shirts, just to break the monotany. My mom and I went to Cato (because their clearance rack stuff was just what I was looking for) and I picked out some shirts that I liked. I got them in a size 22/24, which is what I've been wearing lately. My mom was like, "aren't you going to try them on?" and I told her that I hadn't planned on it--those were the size I needed. Well, you know how mom's are. She kept on, politely, until I finally gave in and tried the shirts on. I'm both glad and upset that I did because they DIDN"T FIT!! I would have had to go up to a 26/28 if I had gotten any of the shirts I originally picked out! I did find a couple of shirts, just plain old Cato t-shirts that were $5.99 on the clearance rack, in a 22/24 that fit and those are what I bought.

That was on Sunday. I had ~kinda~ stuck to my diet last week, like I said in my last post. And, I did weigh in at 1 pound less yesterday at my weigh-in, but that's not enough. I lost 5 pounds the first week I started eating Subway, then, because I cheated and cheated and cheated, I didn't lose anymore until last week, when I quasi-stuck.

Well, THIS week I am going to be all the way back on the wagon. My mom and I are going to South Arkansas this week-end so I can take care of some business down there, so I may eat ONE meal that's not Subway, but the rest of the week will be Sandwich-or-Nothing!

My weigh-in next Monday is going to see some results!! I still think I can meet this goal of weighing in at less than 260 if I really stick to it! Plus, with Katrina blowing cooler weather our way, I will walk some this week!

I will do it!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Cheryl, clothing sizes irk me off to no end! I even have two pair of shorts, same brand, same style, but yet one pair fit looser then the other. Go figure... try to go off of how your feeling compared to the clothing size tag or the scale. I know deep down, you just want to be healthy.

Good luck with weigh-in!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #22  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself
I may mosey on over there later. I'm just not feeling much like royalty yet.
__________________________________________________ ________

Today a colleague joined me for my Subway lunch. I had a fattening cold cut combo (I love bologna, I know some folks think it's gross, but not me!) and she had a Subway Club, which is on their 7 under 6 menu. I grabbed one of their nutritional guides as we were leaving to head back to work.
I love their salads and wraps. Subway is healthy fast food whether you are doing low carb or low fat. The tuna salad with Atkins dressing has 50g of fat (yum!) but only 9g carbs. That's my favorite. It has about 22g fat (from the salad alone) and 13g carbs with the fat free Itialian dressing.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #23  
low-carb forever!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeann
Cheryl, clothing sizes irk me off to no end! I even have two pair of shorts, same brand, same style, but yet one pair fit looser then the other. Go figure... try to go off of how your feeling compared to the clothing size tag or the scale. I know deep down, you just want to be healthy.

Good luck with weigh-in!!!
Yeah, on my good days I can fit an Old Navy size 8 jeans. But if I try on size 8 Ralph Lauren I can barely get them buttoned and I can't breathe! So yeah, sizes vary. It's one reason I've stuck with the same brand of jeans. The other reasons are that Old Navy is very easy for me to get to, are popular, and have decent prices.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #24  

Hi Gayle and FatVictoria!!

Thanks for dropping by!

Unfortunately I have no good news to report from weigh-in this week. Still stuck in the same old place.

One good piece of news I can report, though, is that fall weather finally seems to be kicking in here, which means I'll be able to start WALKING again soon! YEA!!!! Maybe the pounds will begin to "melt away" then. (One can dream.....)
Old 09-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #25  
low-carb forever!

I'm doing so far so good. Going to the movies tomorrow and plan to get the sugar free candy to eat during the movie. Going to skip the popcorn because I need to keep myself from ballooning up on Saturday morning. Going to see the Dukes of Hazzard.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:43 AM   #26  

Victoria--my in-laws went to see The Dukes of Hazzard. They said it was pretty good--believe it or not, they said Jessica Simpson (Daisy, of course) was the best character in the whole movie. I haven't been to a movie since the last Bridget Jones was in theaters. I really want to go see the new Reese Witherspoon movie (Just Like Heaven, I think) when it comes out.

Sometimes, like now especially, I just feel like giving up all together on the weight loss front. I feel as though I am never going to get "back" into a groove. I just don't know what's wrong with me! I read other people's success stories on this forum and I KNOW how they feel, because I've been successful with losing weight before, too. I just can't seem to make myself do it again. I'm so frustrated!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #27  
Losing it!

Cheryl, try to take a deep breath and not get too frustrated. I know what you mean on the weight loss front...I lost 50 pounds and was just a few pounds from goal, only to GAIN IT ALL BACK PLUS MORE! I can't get motivated ths time either. I am so sick of weighing portions and counting calories. I need to just start making healthy choices and watching portion sizes if I am going to succeed, then hopefully it will become a lifestyle change. Have you ever considered the WW core program? I have been reading about it this past week and am going to give it a try. Works good if you like meat & grains such as whole wheat pasta and brown rice. Nothing is limited since you are allowed 35 actual points to use a week on other goodies not typically core.

Fatvictoria, nice to meet you!!!! I hope you enjoyed the movie! I use to like watching the old Dukes of Hazzard shows, let us know how the movie is. I take it you must be low carbing?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #28  
low-carb forever!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself
Victoria--my in-laws went to see The Dukes of Hazzard. They said it was pretty good--believe it or not, they said Jessica Simpson (Daisy, of course) was the best character in the whole movie. I haven't been to a movie since the last Bridget Jones was in theaters. I really want to go see the new Reese Witherspoon movie (Just Like Heaven, I think) when it comes out.
It was no longer in the theater when I got there. I ended up seeing "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." Very good movie and not at all like The Exorcist back in the 70s. PG-13 and I wouldn't really call it a horror movie because I don't like horror, but I liked this.

http://stumblingtobethlehem.blogspot...mily-rose.html
Old 09-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #29  

Gayle, Thanks for the empathy. I totally know what you mean. I've done WW before--the original--and had success with it. The last time I went, though, I couldn't get into the groove at all. I think being married and actually living with my husband is part of the reason I'm having trouble this time.

Victoria, Have you been doing Atkins throughout your whole diet? I notice from your ticker that you've lost a bunch of pounds and still seem to be going strong. I've been thinking about {officially} giving up Subway and starting low/no-carb after my mom and I get back from Branson next week-end.

Nothing good to report from weigh-in this morning--I'm up 3 pounds. Trying to decide if I should adjust my tracker to show the negativity.

Cheryl
Closed Thread