Old 08-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #106  

You're only supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week so that is great! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!
ae_chick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:15 PM   #107  

I am proud to say I drank 72 ounces of water today. This is the first time I have drank the amount of water I need to- and more- since I started my diet....Yay!!
Old 08-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #108  

My weigh-in today: 166.5. I dunno what the heck is going on because I was 160 a few days ago. Ugh I hate the scale!
Old 08-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #109  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_chick92
My weigh-in today: 166.5. I dunno what the heck is going on because I was 160 a few days ago. Ugh I hate the scale!
That can really easily be water weight. Until you're drinking water regularly and keeping yourself hydrated, you could easily 'soak up' and hold 3 or 4 pounds of water. (4 lbs. of water is a half-gallon.) Keep up on the water so your body has a chance to level out- then I think you'll see your scale level out as well (at least that has been my experience).

I know the pinging around is frustrating! Don't get downhearted about it! Chin-up and all that. If you're eating well, exercising, drinking water and treating your body right you will lose weight in time. (Just maybe not as fast as you'd like to!)
julieofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:35 PM   #110  

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I really hope it's just water weight!!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #111  

I weighed today and was very swollen from the heat, but regardless, I am down 6 pounds this week!!

I am also starting the gazelle for exercise this week!
AliLewis328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:16 PM   #112  

WOOOHOOOO.....Hubby finally joined in on the weighloss wagon!!!!

Of course he went fighting and screaming......and a few bites in between!!!!

Doubt that he will want to loose 50 by Christmas.....he actually doesn't have that much to loose...... men and their metabolism don't get me started!!!!

If its okay with everyone, I know that he isn't a mommy but can I post Daddy's weight on Fri. as well?????

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!
AmySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #113  
shanna morrison

hi all,

i'm new to this site. I have a 7 month old son (just turned 7 months today) so i want desperatly to lose weight before the holidays. so i figure i join in on this with you all.
how do you get the weight goal things? thanks all.
ZacksMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #114  

Good Morning Everyone-
Sorry about not posting on Friday but I have been so busy. I lost another 1 lb. It's not much but it is better than nothing. I am hoping this week will be a little better not that I have started to do more excersing. I did TA-BOE last night and I am feeling it today. I hope everyone has a good week. Talk to you all soon!!!
bigbootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #115  
shanna morrison

well i figured how to personlize my signature. can't post any weight loss since i just started. and my DH is helping me out and going to loose a few pounds himself. he gained a few during my pregancy.
ZacksMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone was doing. I also needed encouragement to stay on track (this is where the accountability is helpful ). Kids started school this week so I'm trying not to slip back into old habits.

Brag is that I'm doing much better at reading labels and paying attention to calorie content. I'm also doing much better on my water. I'm now realizing how THIRSTY I actually get when I don't drink it. Sag is that meals are becoming a problem. Hubby is fit and VERY active and needs 3800 calories I, on the other hand, don't need nearly that much. I'm having trouble coming up w/ meals to fit both our needs. Any thoughts? Salad w/ extra protein and veggies is getting old (according to him!!) HELP!!!

AmySue, I think it's WONDERFUL your hubby is on board! If you can get him to weigh in on Fri's, I think it would be great. I really think the "healthy" movement works much better as a family!!!

Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #117  
Teresa

Hi everyone. I know what you are going through txmedcalf. My husband is the same way. This is what I did last night for him and the kids. I made them Sloppy Joes and I knew that was way out of the question for me so after I browned the lean ground beef, I removed 3 oz. for me and then made the rest of the receipe for them. I in turn then made my salad adding in the removed ground beef. It worked great and I didn't feel like I was making two different meals. The onions and green pepper had to go into both meals anyway and while everything was simmering, I finished my salad with romaine lettuce, tomato, little cheese, cucumbers, broccoli and fat-free dressing. As it turned out, my husband and daughter thought the salad looked really good and wanted some for themselves and I didn't feel like I was missing out. My HUGE salad was only 8 ww points and dh and kids got to have their fun dinner.
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:45 AM   #118  

Good Friday Morning Weigh In to all of our Losers!!!!

Weigh in for me: I LOST ANOTHER 3 lbs!!!!!

Brag: My business is taking off more than what I could have imagined it too. Just yesturday my sales totaled $70 and I even ran out of my car air fresheners!!! Not a good thing but that means that I am getting my name out there!

Sag: I did excerise at all this past week because I was extremely busy. School started here again so with a 2 yr old who normally goes with daddy out to the farm since daddy went back to school, means mommy has less time for exercise. But on more of the Brag side I still lost 3 lbs!!!!!!

How is everyone else doing???
AmySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #119  
Teresa

Good Morning everyone. TGIF

I lost 5 pounds this week. 170! WOOO HOOO

Brag: I started babysitting this week and it really helps me keep moving and staying off the couch. I am a true couch potato. I have to walk 3 blocks, 4 times a day, every day to take the kids to school at different times. I also got my first paycheck!

Sag: WW bumped me down 2 pts.

Gool Luck to everyone and Happy Friday.
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:09 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

AmySue.....way to go!!!

Michelle, nice to have you. Here we do a weekly weigh in, on Fridays. Other than that, post whatever and whenever you feel you need to!!!

My weigh in for this week is the same as last week, I'm at 172. I'm approaching that TOM and I've been gaining muscle w/ the strength training. Hopefully I'll be down a little next week! Even if I'm not, I'm definitely seeing a difference in my overall shape and tone!

Ok, I've got the kids home from school, so I'd better run!!!! Hope to see more weigh-ins!!

Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote