Old 08-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #46  

count me in too! i have 3 kids ages 5,2, and 7 months. i only have 40 pounds till goal but i hope this is okay. you guys sound like a good group of motivated people and i need that. i am on atkins and have lost 18 pounds so far. so let me get this straight.... we post here on fridays with our weight and exercize updates, right?
stephanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #47  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Perricone Prescription

Quote:
Originally Posted by gina71
I was watching Oprah last night and her guest (Perrconni Promise ?) said that if you replace coffee with green tea you can lose 10lb in two months. He said that coffee causes an increase in insulin. I thought I might give it a try. I do like green tea and it would be a great way to get off coffee. Has anyone else heard of this guys book?

Gina
Hey Gina- I've been using the Perricone book as a rough guideline for my food choices. I love the salmon and fish, and he chooses great. I think I've most benefited from drinking lots of water and having the 6 small protein meals each day. I substituted small portions of almond butter to dip the green apple in for the raw almonds. It has been a great afternoon snack combined the the turkey spread w/ brown mustard. Mmmmmm! When I'm craving Coke (which I want for the sugar as much as the caffeine), I'm substituting iced mint green tea. I put a couple peppermint tea bags adn a couple green tea bags into the coffemaker basket, fill with water, run through the cycle, then ice and put it in the fridge. I try to stay away from caffeine normally, but there has been such hype about the green tea that I've wanted to try it anyhow.

I just think he does a good job of selecting really nutrient rich foods for you to choose from.
julieofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #48  
Rowing Mama

Awesome Amy & Sherri!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:19 PM   #49  
Rowing Mama

Hey Stephanee! Yep- just post your numbers on Friday, and you're welcome to chat other times as well (I'm sure you read our brags & sags thing) whenever you need encouragement. Glad you joined us!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #50  
Rowing Mama

Hey Stephanee! Yep- just post your numbers on Friday, and you're welcome to chat other times as well (I'm sure you read our brags & sags thing) whenever you need encouragement. Glad you joined us!

My mom may be joining in here at some point as well. She went with me to the gym this morning and we got to work out together. That was really fun. I just wish she lived closer! (But, hey,that's what I say about all my good friends!)
Old 08-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #51  

quick post I am down 8 pounds since last Thursday. I weighed 222 this AM sorry forgot to post.
tamemejamie1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanee
count me in too! i have 3 kids ages 5,2, and 7 months. i only have 40 pounds till goal but i hope this is okay. you guys sound like a good group of motivated people and i need that. i am on atkins and have lost 18 pounds so far. so let me get this straight.... we post here on fridays with our weight and exercize updates, right?
Welcome, Stephanee!!! What are doing or are planning to do is weigh ourselves on Fridays and then post the results on the boards. Any other time that you would like to post anything just go right ahead and feel free to do so. Like foe instance, we have a brag and sag thing going. You can post what you "brag" is for the day and the post your "sag" or visa versa. Does this make since???

Let us know if you need anything, and we are all here to support you and to motivate.
AmySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieofarc
Awesome Amy & Sherri!
Thank you Miss Julie!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamemejamie1977
quick post I am down 8 pounds since last Thursday. I weighed 222 this AM sorry forgot to post.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #55  

Mind if I join? A little about myself: Well, I have been struggling w/ weight loss for a while now. To tell you a little about me and my fight for a bikini-body (hehe), I am 13 years old. (Going into 8th grade) I know a lot of people on this website are older than me, but I am just so sick of trying to lose weight. I currently weigh 163-170, depending on what time I weigh. I want to get to 140 (at least!!). I feel weird going shopping with my friends who are TINY and can fit in kids' sizes still! I am proud however that over this summer I went down two sizes, from a 17 to a 13. Yay! Haha. I want to lose a lot of weight this year, but I need motivation. Well, I just wanted to tell you a little about myself. I will probably not have a LOT of time to work out this school year, so I want a diet that will help me lose a lot of weight without having to exercise all the time. I mean, I exercise in P.E. every day- usually we run a mile on the track two days a week and play sports like soccer, basketball, tennis, badmitton, volleyball, and football. So anyways....let me know what ya think! Thankies!
Laura
ae_chick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:17 AM   #56  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Smile Can I join?

Hi all. Hope it's not too late to join! My name is Kathy, mom of 6-dd19, ds17, dd12, dd9, dd4 and ds2. It's always busy here, and always seems to be lots of eating going on. No one can be hungry at the same time (hubby is always hungry!!)
I would love to be 50 lbs lighter by Christmas, but I will be happy with 25! I actually started trying to lose weight last July(04) and I'm down 35 lbs. I hope to lose double that in the next year.
Hope to get to know you all, this seems like a great group!
I normally weigh on Monday morning, but TOM finally showed up-10 days late-this morning and I am not getting on the scale tomorrow! But I'll let you all know how I'm doing Friday!
Hope everyone has a great, healthy week!
Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

Hey! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. It's nice to have a spot to keep me in check! It is DEFINITELY keeping me accountable. I even turned down my hubby's offer of pizza for supper last night and opted for a better alternative!! Guess that's my brag! Sag would be rainy days and the desire to sit inside and eat! Hope ya'll are headed off to a good start for the week & welcome new members!! Take care!!
Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #58  

Txmedcalf,
Good job on turning down pizza!! Oh, We started at the same weight! I was 168 at the beginning of the summer, but I lost a couple of pounds and am currently at 163. Keep going!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #59  

Hi All -

If it's not too late, count me in! I'm mom to dd age 5 (tomorrow) and ds age 2 - I have recently quit my full time job and am staying home to care for my children and my friends 2 children (during the school year only as she's a teacher). I am excited to be home, and hope this gives me the ability to really eat healthier than teaching has allowed. I am also hoping to be living a lower stress life than teaching has been.

I will need support and encouragement, as I am just starting this whole weightloss piece again!

Thanks!
Louella
nhwahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:33 PM   #60  

What are "dd" and "ds"??