Old 07-26-2005, 08:37 PM   #16  

Hi all - Congrats on all of the hard work! - My goal was to watch my portions this week and so far so good - Yogurt w/ 1/8c. grape nuts, Reduced Fat Wheat Thins, I skipped lunch - I know not good, but it was 94 today and I just drank tons of water and didn't feel like eating because it was too hot. Dinner was a small cheeseburger (hubby grilled) and about 15 Sunchips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyiris
BTW, the scale says I lost 1 lb. but I'm not sure if i should trust it. But we will see.
My scale also showed I lost 1 lb. - funny I don't trust mine either! I can't even read the darn thing - it's too far away.... oh God..... I think I need glasses already at 36!
Can anyone recommend a good, but not too expensive, digital scale..... with BIG NUMBERS!

Good Luck to all!
StillTrying923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:42 PM   #17  

Most digital scales are pretty big for easy reading. Mine is a Sunbeam and I think I paid like twenty bucks for it and the numbers are huge and can't mistake what it says although there have been times I had wished I could LOL. I would try Walmart probably your best bet to get a good deal on one.
melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:47 PM   #18  

Thanks Melissa!
StillTrying923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Default Scales

My scale is a Sunbeam from walmart, paid like 10 or 15 for it, not more than 14.99, but I really think it was only 10. It has big red numbers and I don't have a problem seeing them.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #20  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I have that same scale. I love that digital readout...especially when the numbers are going DOWN!

I had a good day here. My grandkids and niece were all here for the day. They wanted to bake cookies, so we made peanutbutter thumbprint cookies. I sampled one, but the rest went home with the girls! No formal exercise today, but I figure running after 2 preschoolers and a teenager all day counts for something!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:01 PM   #21  

It counts in my book! I chase two toddlers all day myself and awesome job on just having one-especially peanut butter lol. Glad you had a good day.
melissa
Old 07-26-2005, 10:51 PM   #22  

You were so good to only eat one cookie! I buy the treats for the kids and sometimes I would eat more than them...eat them, run out and have to go buy more for them...just horrible! That's why I am working on cutting out sugar completely right now. It is a trigger food for me and it has to go. I did horrible on that goal today, had a couple glasses of sweet tea and a glass of kool-aid. Okay, and half a pop tart...darn, this is a tough obstacle for me

But, i didn't eat after 8PM, did 7 miles exercise total, and drank one glass of water. I know I can keep losing weight with the exercise and cutting out the night eating (most of my calories were late at night, I was astonished to find that out), but the sugar is making me feel bad. That and cheese, I am addicted to cheese and I can go overboard and feel miserable.

But back to cookies, I can never eat just one! I might be able to completely not have any (sometimes) but if I have one then I just have to have another...so you did amazing today!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #23  

I told her that too-no cookies at my house-I even quit buying crackers since they are so easy when I am bored. The kids have some dry cereal instead and they think they are getting something great-course they aren't quite age 2 and 3 yet-LOL but even my son was happy to have some cheerios the other night. I hear you about the late night calories-used to be I would get all the kids in bed and "treat" myself after a long day-wasn't treating at all, just packing on the pounds. Keep up the good work.
melissa
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo98292
The kids have some dry cereal instead and they think they are getting something great
I haven't thought of dry cereal, thanks for sharing that! I have been giving my kids fresh fruit, and putting the treats up in these big canisters that are out of sight and it is starting to work some. They also like cheesesticks, which I figure it is better than cookies or crackers. I also replaced candy with those little gummy snack things because they are fat free at least. But, fresh fruit and veggies are fast becoming the most requested snack. But, they still just want cookies sometimes, especially my 3 year old, she's more set in her ways I guess.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:15 AM   #25  

What I did was use the grocery store for their cookie fix-the bakery will give each child a free cookie-that way they aren't in the house and it isn't like I am not at the store at least once a week. The cookie then becomes something special and not just part of what is expected. and I think that is wonderful about them requesting the fruits and veggies. Odessa would eat a whole cantalope if I would let her. Even my son who is mr. pickyeater is eating grapes, lettuce, and banannas. Funny how they will turn to the good stuff if that is what is available to them.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo98292
Funny how they will turn to the good stuff if that is what is available to them.
Yes, makes me realize how much what I eat influences them. They really are watching and will live what they learn. I can influence their future in this area...I don't want them to grow up and go through what I have with the weight! I'm hoping to steer them in the right direction now. It is never too early!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:44 AM   #27  

Sorry to check in so late. I didn't know the thread had been moved until now. I'm afraid to look at the scale tomorrow, haven't had the best week so far. Had a very rough weekend at work (46 hrs in 3 days). I promised myself I would start back at the gym, not there yet but am planning on swimming in the morning. Maybe I'll weigh after my swim!

I haven't gotten any emails so I'll PM you Melissa with my address again.

Takin' it one day at a time!
Suzette
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:46 AM   #28  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

hi everyone. i'm glad everyone is doing so well. digital scale.. that's an idea! i think i will get one when have a little $$. it would be nice to be able to weigh at the same time everyday, and not after drinking like, 40 oz of iced coffee.
having those healthy snacks around instead of junk is great. i ate junk in the house when i was little, and i still do it, so y'all are right about making it a special treat for the kids. i don't have fruit here now, but i did get some 45 cal "pop snacks" which are so good. it's this giant sweet puffed rice thing. i love the korean market!
so i guess tomorrow is our official weigh in, hmm? i am hoping to go down another pound. but who can tell with the lame scale at my gym?
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:40 AM   #29  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

I have a digital scale, and I love it. The other kind , the needles sometimes wiggles instead of staying still, plus it's harder to see the little lines from where your eyes are...I got mine at wallmart too, but I had to get a slightly more expensive one (I think maybe 30 or 35 bucks) because when I started, I weighed over 300 pounds, and a lot of the cheaper scaled only go up to like 280 or 300 I could use those cheaper scales now, though

I weighed on myhome scale this morning--287 even, the lowest I have ever seen on that scale! I think that will translate to between a 1 and 2 pound loss when I weigh on my TOPS scale tomorrow night (that's what I use as my official weight).

Sorry, but I probably won't do the email check-in. I just assume post all my info on here, since everyone else is trying to lose weight, too--who am I trying to impress Also, that way, if I have any questions, I reach EVERYONE on here, even if they haven't provided an email address

And no, we don't ever have to start a new thread if we don't want to. I think maybe we could start a new one on Monday simply called Summer Starters (or whatever) without a date, and just use that one for forever
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:52 AM   #30  
Losing it...again!

You all are right about junk food and sweets...if it's not in the house you can't eat it! I have also cut out just about all sugar and sweetened drinks, the cookie yesterday was the first thing made with sugar I have eaten in 2 weeks! I thought I would miss it more than I do, but so far the cravings haven't been that bad.

As for the new thread thing...I'd say either start a new one once a week (maybe the day after weigh-in's) or just keep this same one going.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote