Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:56 AM   #106  
The one called Physh

Thumbs up Woweeeeeeeeeee!

Lot's of posts since I was on last! That is awesome!

Red-Yep, I am on Phase 1-7th day of SBD. It has been a bit challenging. The things I miss most are my evening wine/cocktails and our weekly trip to sushi-go-round. The things I am getting tired of are eggs, and salad. I have had a two day break from the exercise, but it's back to the gym on Monday-tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow. I am hopeful.

Java-I am curious-what is it that you do? Are you a police officer? You are doing great on the exercise. Love the underwear humor.

Hi-C-I hear you, I felt a great victory even after day1!

Caro-22lbs in 5 weeks?! That is such an encoragement. What "all" have you been doing to get you there?

I will see you all tommorow after I get off the scale!
Old 07-31-2005, 03:30 AM   #107  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face hemming and hawing.....

1nceagain -- Hello. I'm still sitting at home. Don't want to go to the gym but know I'll be glad I went once I got there. If it weren't such a long walk, 50 minutes one way. I can and will take my bike but I just can't seem to go slow. I always take to the streets and then go flying. Too many people on the walks but out in the street I can't go slow. Oh well....I'll just go slow and get there! They had a contest at the gym to see who lost the most bodyfat and today is the last day to weigh out. Well, I didn't do much so it's not like I'm expecting to win or anything, but I thought I may as well see if I lost any. Thing is, those bodyfat checkers are so variable. I don't know. Probably shouldn't go...but will....ughhh. I'm just draggin' now.

The SBD is tough. But, look, don't think of what you're missing. You only have to do it for 21 days and you're already well along. You can have little breaks from it later, so look forward to that. Just say, I can wait...I can wait....I am waiting....

Well, hope the scale is good to you tomorrow. Don't throw a fit if it's not!

BTW, Java mans the radio for the police (her officers). Just thought I'd tell you. She'll give you the details I'm sure.

Good luck!

Old 07-31-2005, 07:25 AM   #108  
The one called Physh

Question Did you go???

Red-I hope you went! Man, I know it is so hard sometimes. Especially if you have to walk to get there. Well, I wouldn't mind the walk there-It's the dang walk home that would suck. The very last thing you want to do. When my husband is home I go with him at 4:15am just to avoid having to walk home cause he has the car the rest of the day. Actually-somedays I don't know which is worse. Summer is here-so I guess it would be the sweaty walk home.

I hope one day I will get to the point with exercise where I don't have to talk myself into it. I do it because it's what I do-one day maybe.

Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it. It is hard to give up things that I have enjoyed for so long. How long have you been doing this weight loss thing?

Me-all my life I think.

Have a great night-talk to you tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #109  
Never give up

Unhappy Day 2 down but....

Hi guys. Well, it is so bizarre. Me, here, right before bed cleaning! Oh, my God. This just doesn't normally happen! Actually, I had sat down here and was going to write..."I haven't done it yet, but will..." and then I thought, **** no! I'm going to do it NOW and then write. So, I did and here I am! Hurrah for me!! Day 2 in the bag!! I did get to the gym, took the bike there, but I could only manage a bit of arms and shoulders weight training. I was too dejected and hating my reflection because the new exercise pants I bought are too tight and they show everything! Also, the weight challenge at the gym had me losing next to nothing, neither weight nor bodyfat and I really couldn't believe it. I know I have lost but it was probably some other factor that caused it not to show up and today I think I did feel very bloated kind of, a backlash of the beer consumption on Friday no doubt. Oh well, at least I stuck to my challenge...

1nceagain -- Thanks for the encouragement. You ask how long I've been doing this and I'd have to say off and on, with successful times and then rebounds etc. etc. since I was a teen. Someday, I hope to get it right. You know, I hate to say it, but I don't know if you'll ever really love exercise. There were times when it was such a habit and I would really get into it, but, even then, I don't know if you could say I Ioved it BEFORE I did it, only once I got going and then only if I had the energy. Maybe you're the same. It's more like, well, it's something you gotta do. It's natural to move, not sit around. It's hard when our work involves sitting. It just gets easier to sit as you get older. Oh well....in any case, good luck and hang in there! Focus on your challenge and get that accomplished. Your confidence will build and you can tackle other things later!

Old 07-31-2005, 10:22 AM   #110  

If today goes as planned, I'll be one-third through the challenge. I'm lying in bed posting while I drink my smoothie and coffee. Normally on a Sunday I'd sleep late, but the cats have decided that's not the way things are going to be run around here,so I've been awake for quite a long time already. I almost went out for a quick bike ride or run first thing (my feet are bad, but I can get away with a little run/walk once in a while). Of course I was able to control that silly urge... But it is a glorious day out, so once I've finished with the site, I think I'll get up and do SOMETHING.

Red, if you walk 50 min each way to the gym that has to be worth something. You've given me an idea for a goal add-on (unofficial). I too could try to clean or tidy one thing every day. i always used to blame the general mess and dustiness on my lazy husband. It turns out it's no better now he's gone! And while we were still speaking, I saw his appartment which was impeccable. Who knew? He sure didn't dust or vacuum around here. Or wash and fold the sheets. But I digress... I intend to start the tidying today, just a little at a time, but every day. Thanks for the idea.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:59 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Default Day 1!!!

It was tough, I was woken up at 3am with a phone call, then at 6 by the cat... I saw the alarm coming close to 6:45 so I SHUT IT OFF! Then I realized I`m awake, I can do this, just get up already! Got up and did my 30 minutes and followed that with cleaning up a little! Feels wonderful!

Red, yeah I just did that 30 minutes lastnight NOT to let one day turn into 2 for me...nothing to do with my challenge but I would`ve felt like crap if I didn`t do it. It was a little tiring to exercise last night and then again this morning but I made it. DAY 1!! Exercised and got the minor cleaning out of the way all before 9 am! And I had some breakfast, I cant even tell you when the last time I ate before 11 was.

1nceagain- Thanks! I do lose fast, but I also gain fast if I don`t pay attention!
I`m down another pound this morning and TOM is due tomorrow (I`m amazed!)
I think it`s basically the water in place of soda, and of course the exercise. I was keeping calories low, below 1400 the first few weeks, this week I have days between 1400-1800, even a 2000 day last weekend, each day is a little different but I average around 1500. I`m still a little confused, I really lightened the exercise this week, and I`ve lost more this week than any other besides the first, but I guess it makes sense.... I probably wasn`t eating enough and burning too much. I`ve learned to control the binges, a 12 cookie binge is now a 4 cookie binge or less, just a lot of changes that seem to make my body happy! I don`t really cut out the things I love, I had a grilled cheese Wednesday, beef stroganoff Thurs...chicken parmigan lastnight. Just moderation. I seem to eat every few hours instead of just 3 meals... small snacks and light lunch, then allow myself to eat whatever`s for dinner that night. Looking at my journal this last week, I have maybe 2-3 snacks around 200 calories, a couple 100 calories or less snacks, 200-300 for lunch and dinner has been between 500-600, plus my coffee. I have only a small snack at night sometimes if I exercise or didn`t get in enough during the day, but I try not to leave too much for nighttime cause thats when I`d eat non-stop. Thats pretty much what I`ve been doing. This is the bad week, the week I should stay off the scale for at least 4-5 days, lol. I was able to drop 2 pounds last month during TOM so I`d be happy to see that for the next week. I expect I`ll slow down soon, my body gets comfortable between 180-190 so we`ll see! I`ll proabbly have to tweak my plan again when I get there.

Gray- Hi chic! Yep I use some light weights, resistance bands, try to do at least a couple toning/shaping DVD`s a week. I do already see small changes...like some muscles I never knew were there! My legs and butt are really toning up, my biggest problem area is arms so I work hard on that and can see some progress. Measurements are looking great, I peak here and there but the real monthly measuring is on the 5th. Soon!
Yes, I HAVE to keep up with my exercise , everyday. Maybe not always a lot but at least something!! Great job with your exercise for the month! Wow! I`m setting my minimum for 30 minutes in the morning, but I also plan to keep 30 at least 5 times a week at night. An hour and a half every day was just a little too much for me to keep up with. I`ll have 2 in school and the little one will be on me like glue without them, so I have to think realistically of the time I can spare. Makes my challenge that much more important to ensure I get at least some cardio each day.

Well I`m off to start getting kids ready (and myself) I`m really looking forward to the pizza I can have 2 slices and I`m going to enjoy every single bite... been 2 weeks since I had some pizza and pizza is my favorite! Hopefully I`ll get in some more exercise tonight, but if not at least I got some already. I`m happy I made this challenge, I think it`ll be great for me!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I have to get going, will check in tonight!

Last edited by Caro30; 07-31-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:02 PM   #112  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Arrow Day # 7

Yep, it's day number seven for me! I made HORRIBLE food choices yesterday. Chocolate and pretzels. Thank goodness for Flex Points. I won't even say how many I had to use. That's pathetic. But I met my goals for the day and I'm still alive on my challenge!

I think we're going to detail our vehicles today. That'll be good for some major sweating. You think I ought to wear my tight white "wife beater" and Daisy Dukes? I'm thinking bathing suit with shorts over it, that's a bit more Turtle Appropriate.

I hope everyone is doing great. Hard to check in with everyone on my week end. But I'll do what I can. Hip hip and carry on.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:11 PM   #113  
Never give up

Cool starting Day 3....

Morning, all. Starting Day 3 here. Thinking what I can clean today with not much time and even less desire to do so when I will be, which is tonight after coming home from work. Want to (that's a matter of speaking) get to the gym this morning and try to get a little more done than yesterday. I am really trying hard to not despair but money and work problems are weighing sooo heavy on me now. The exercise and weight seem so trivial. I am getting more and more jealous of people losing weight...I must have really ruined my metabolism with all the years of dieting because it (the fat!!!) just doesn't budge off me, or it comes right back on! Oh well...just have to keep trying different things. That's the key, isn't it? I do the same thing over and over and think the effort, not the strategy, is going to mean something....Well, pity party here today. Just wanted you all to know it's not all fun and games and I'm your worst for it. At least I can be proud of staying on this challenge. It's all I have.....

Java -- You sound like you're having the same slump as me, well, not the same, but similar. You are staying to the challenge too and that is a BIG thing. Don't despair. Yes, focus on what positive things you DID do! Hang in there. I miss your long, rambling posts. And, by the way, I just wanted to tell you that I take a lot of solace in the barenaked song, "lovers in a dangerous time," from which your quote there in your signature is from. Got it on my itunes now. It's really quite comforting, isn't it? I try to think of the "lovers" part as being about loving life and that way can use the song as a whole for inspiration. Thanks for introducing me to them.

carla -- Controlled that silly urge did you? Enjoy your Sunday and I hope you got that exercise in. Already Monday here. So, what day are you on?

Caro -- Congratulations on liftoff! God, I could never just get up and exercise. You are amazing! And cleaning too. Wow! Reading your post is inspiring, or rather, it is so upbeat that it gives me hope. I get so down about everything because I almost never see progress and when I do it soon disappears and I'm back where I started. I sure wish I could make some significant changes in my life. Maybe this cleaning thing will help, bit by bit is the only way it's going to happen. Well, good luck there and enjoy your pizza.

Last edited by redballoon; 08-01-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:25 PM   #114  

Default Back in the Saddle - Again

Hi chickies - had a fall - Thursday I thought I was good but realized I forgot some food and ended up over points and Friday too! So it's back to Day 1 for me - I blew it Saturday - didn't get my water in - doing okay today so far but I won't know until tomorrow (Monday) if this is Day 1 for me.

Red - I didn't lose any pounds either - still! I also killed my metabolism -but we will just have to kept vigilant, be consistent, and keep raising the bar. I am still happy with my new healthy routines and the inches I lost. In the meantime, I am going to make an adjustment to what I have been doing so I can challenge my metabolism a little more - I am going to maintain points without taking into account my Activity Points. I also am going to increase my water based on the amount I should drink with exercise. Is there something else you can do to raise the bar?

Hope everyone is doing well today. Will chat more tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:19 PM   #115  
The one called Physh

Thumbs up My favorite kinda day . . .

It's soft and gray with a lite dizzle in the air. . .my favorite kind of day. It's the kind of day that wraps around me like a cacoon and keeps me cozy, calms me and slows me down.

I didn't get to the gym bright and early like I planned. I could not get to sleep last night. I did that stretchy exercise and everything. My body is tired but my mind won't quit. I am going through a bout of empty nest syndrome. It comes and goes. I guess I will go exercise after work tonight which means it will push my dinner til 8 which I hate. Oh well. I did stick to SBD yesterday. Moving into day 8 here!

Carla-Your morning sounded so relaxing. I really miss my dogs. I would love to just cuddle with my little chloe. So, what was the "something" you ended up doing for the day?

Caro-wow! I love it-just do it! And you did it! I am a morning girl and love to get "stuff" checked off my list early. Do you write down your food every day? I was always terrible at that. I know it must help though. Maybe a future challenge idea for me.

Turtle-Woohoo! Day 7! Finishing day 7 feels like when you get to move the big chunky balast on the scale down another notch. It's a milestone in my mind. Great job!

Red-life is creeping in huh? It does get heavy sometimes. Your challenge is not trivial. It is a part of what you need to do to be healthy. So don't dismiss it. Just do 15 minutes of cleaning tonight-befor you get on the computer. I know you can do this. Think about the things you have done. Where you are, what you do-amazing to me. You are strong and we are stronger for it.

Mscat-Thats it girl-jump back up there! I love your determination and your idea to "raise the bar." I'm already tring to decide how I can do that this week.

Have a great evening/day all!

Last edited by 1nceagain; 07-31-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:47 PM   #116  

Hmmmm. It seems this thread has been infected by a nasty virus:

Red feeling down, even tho she is our favourite cheerleader and an inspiration to us all.
My good buddy Mscat so blue she disappeared for a while to lick her wounds.
!nceagain suffering from empty-nest syndrome.

So I'm sending you all a big and some :.

I still haven't found the SOMETHING I'm going to do today, and am running out of time if I want to be an achiever today. But I have followed my rules, and today makes day 7. At the very least I plan to go for a nice little walk before bed with my friend. And I've done a tiny bit of straightening up - too little to describe without blushing, but better than my usual performance.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:10 PM   #117  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default woo Hoo

Day 21 done!!! Time to start over only this time my goal will be 30 min exercise and to get more water drank!
Old 07-31-2005, 08:20 PM   #118  
The one called Physh

Default Curly!

Day 21!
You are awesome!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:28 PM   #119  

Thumbs up

Curly! You go girl! 37 pounds gone, and 21 days success with your goals. I worship at your feet!

Old 07-31-2005, 11:36 PM   #120  
I CAN do this!

Curly, Congrats on day 21!!I bet you feel VERY accomplished!
Closed Thread