3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Week at a Time Challenge #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/62152-week-time-challenge-5-a.html)

mscat816 07-25-2005 01:10 PM

Week at a Time Challenge #5

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

mscat816 07-25-2005 01:30 PM

Looking back to Jump Start us into the New!

Last week was so great - everyone accomplished something! We may not have made all our goals everyday - but we hung in there and kept raising the bar. Let's keep up our efforts and go for the gold again!

Applause for each day Our Shining Stars were in the spotlight last week . . .

Sushi Penquin :cp: :cp:
Bonniebell :cp: :cp: :cp:
carla :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:
Bev :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:
haleys :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:
squiggly :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :bravo:
and mscat (me) :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :bravo:

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

haleys 07-25-2005 02:50 PM

I always forget you start a new thread every week, mscat, oops! Good job everyone on this last week.

My goals for the week are to exercise 5 days this week (at least an hour each time) and to make sure I'm drinking my 8 glasses of water a day.

Sushi Penguin 07-25-2005 04:42 PM

My goals for this week:
- drink at least 2 litres of water everyday and don't eat after 7 pm
- exercise daily and work on fixing my sleep schedule (and post what time I went to bed and got up in this thread as an additional motivator)

Good luck to everyone! :)

mscat816 07-25-2005 10:50 PM

Good Monday Night!

It's late Monday evening and I don't know where everyone is - I hope it's just the change of thread. Anyway I forgot to give cheers for the ladies who lost pounds (and inches) last week!

Haleys :cb:
Bonniebell :cb:
squiggle :cb:
carla :cb:
and I lost 5 inches! :cb:

My goals for the week is to complete my WW tracker, stay within my point allowance, and get my water in everyday - my bonus goal is to continue moving everyday. Today I am within points, drinking last 24 oz of water now, and got a 35 minute walk in at lunchtime!

I wish everyone :goodluck: with their goals this week!

Sushi Penguin 07-25-2005 11:19 PM

Wow, 5 inches, congrats! :)

Just reporting on my progress so far... :)

Monday :) --> food (had an apple at 6:55 pm and that's it till breakfast!), water (2 litres) and exercise (Aquafit) accomplished; I'm on the phone with the bank right now (and have been on hold for ages...), but I'm jumping into bed as soon as that's out of the way...

which is NOW, that is 3 mins later, at 11:15 pm :)

carla49 07-25-2005 11:45 PM

So far, so good. No wine or chocolate, and no bonus goal.

Too tired to talk more tonight.
Carla

haleys 07-26-2005 02:42 AM

Water goal met. Didn't exercise but I still have 6 days to get in 5 days of working out so it's all good. Feeling down about myself right now. Ugh.

Bev in WI 07-26-2005 06:58 AM

My goals this week will be 1/2 hour walking every day and breakfast every day by 8 a.m. Will continue tracking my water.

Monday - Walked 35 minutes and ate cereal at 7:45 so made my Monday goal. I did drink 60 oz of water and 12 oz Crystal Light.

Good luck to everyone on their goals this week - I know we all can do it! Haleys - hope you feel better this a.m.

Bev

mscat816 07-26-2005 02:15 PM

Tuesday's Inspiration

Happy Tuesday Ladies - here is an exerpt from Ralph Marston's inspirational message that I think we can all relate to!

". . .Are you hesitant to move forward because there's the possibility of a setback? Then consider that every short-term disappointment can serve to build a stronger foundation for long-term achievement.

Even when you're not getting the results you want, you're making progress. Every experience, whether successful or not, can teach you how to do it better. So go ahead, step forward, and travel confidently in the direction of your dreams.

For even though the setbacks and disappointments will come, you surely have nothing to fear. And, even more importantly, you have everything to gain."
-- Ralph Marston

Every little step we take, every goal we accomplish, whether it's one day or seven, whether it's all goals or some - is one goal closer than we were before! Keep on keeping on and never give up!

Sushi Penguin 07-26-2005 07:28 PM

Tuesday early evening check-in :)

I was in bed by 11:30 pm yesterday, and woke up at 4:30 am today :lol: (I couldn't sleep more, I was too hungry :lol:, but 2 glasses of milk, medium-sized orange, 2 glasses of water and a 2-egg-mushroom-scramble later, I got another hour of sleep. I'm expecting my eyes to close early tonigh. :lol:

I had my last cherry before 7 pm, and I'm just going to drink a bit more water, just for the heck of it - I met the 2 litres goal earlier today. This is getting so much better already - I'm actually feeling thirsty and/or dehydrated if I don't drink all this water, and I observed a noticeable decrease in the number of bathroom trips. So I'm actually going to try to stretch my goal. :)

No exercise as of yet today, but I spent the afternoon running errands, and I'm going to cound that as part of the exercise because I've been quite sedentary the past 2 weeks. Alas, I acquired blisters on my feet, which might limit me to stretching only, but I'm going to try to skip me some rope anyway. :)

PS: Mscat, I forgot to congratulate you upon completing the 21-day challenge. :o So Congratulations! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: And thank you for posting the inspirational/motivational message. :) It's so right, progress is the most important thing. :)

haleys 07-26-2005 08:47 PM

mscat, that message is awesome!

I just finished an hour on the elliptical and 30 minutes of strength training. Dinner time!!

mscat816 07-26-2005 10:24 PM

Goodnight!

Our Monday Super Achievers are
Sushi :cheer:
carla :cheer:
haleys :cheer:
Bev :cheer:
and me :cheer:

Have a great evening ladies.

mscat

carla49 07-26-2005 10:26 PM

Tuesday: goals met, but no other achievements. Glad I set easy goals!

mscat816 07-27-2005 10:36 AM

Morning!

Good morning ladies! It's hump day - so stand strong in your commitments.

Tuesday's report for me - WW tracked - barely made my points maximum :fr: Got 96 oz of water in too! Bonus goal acheived with 30 minute treadmill workout in the a.m. and walked an extra 15 minutes on campus and I resisted peaking at the scale.

Tuesday Shining Stars . . .

carla :cheer:
haleys :cheer:
Sushi :cheer:
and me :cheer:

Have an extraordinary Wednesday!

mscat-