Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight loss and Chit chat #137

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support in getting/staying healthy, and we also share our daily ups and downs with each other. Please feel free to join us.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:50 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I was surprised to see that I didn't post at all yesterday, lol. Sure thought I did, lol.

Cristi - I don't put zucchini in my soup either. Although I like it in a stir-fry, just don't care for it all slimy and goopy in soup. So what did the doc think is wrong with your toe? I was on BC pills in the 70's and part of the 80's, and have to say that was when I was my slimmest. I first got on them after my son was born, and lost a lot of weight on purpose, but everyone has their own reaction to meds. You could try them and see what happens, maybe.

Katy - yep, I'm all ready to start Fast Track tomorrow! I use whole tomatoes, which I cut in chunks, in my soup. It's all about whatever makes it good for the dieter, right? I dearly love tomatoes and am delighted that they're so good for us.

Marti - aww, so sorry about the root canal! You're smart to get the caps on ASAP because mine in the back didn't have one and was damaged because of it. Darn thing had to be removed anyway, after all that! Don't you remember, my treadmill bit the dust in January! The motor burned up. Hey, good luck with the no smoking. Keep in mind that the cravings will go away whether you have a ciggie or not. (so don't have one!)

Susan - good luck at the interview! Hope you get it, hon.

Mindee - a couple in town have a little girl named Harley Marie and even opened a restaurant with that name.

Anita - yay for ticker going down!! Hope you're feeling better and that they'll find nothing too wrong with your thyroid.

Terri - yep, I've been working on all 7 days of my menus. I'll post them soon in this thread, ok?

Well, I got few things to begin tomorrow. I don't normally keep yogurt in the house, but picked some up to make smoothies. Did you know you can get frozen pineapple?? I saw it when I got some frozen raspberries and strawberries. The frozen fruit makes the smoothies so thick - yum.

Well, better cut and paste some menus...
Old 07-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Thank you Jane on the job thing. Still don't know how I will pay all my bills but I don't pay all my bills now anyway - haha. Would love to have time to actually enjoy the kids and start walking again.......I deserve the rest of the summer off..........btw- if I get it Rocky will be here to help me move!

Totally lost on this no point fast track soup thing!! lol.......ok, I understand veggies and chicken broth with stewed tomatoes?? Is that what we are doing? Throw in cabbage,onions,carrots,green beans.......what else??

UGH!! I wanna be thin too!!! lol

Hi Mindee.........I would soooooo want to know the sex of the baby.

Hi Terri & Anita........and Kathy, and Ellen and Marti, and Cristi....oops, going to foget someone....Katie & Katy (btw thanks for the speech info - that is exactly where she went to get tested!) Sue & Ang.......oh, and that Susan chick......what an odd one she is......lol

k- forgeting names...........super sorry!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

In the intesest of space, I deleted my 7 days of menus. If anyone who saw them has a question, just ask.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies and a happy Thursday to you!

Susan~you are skinny! A lot skinnier than I am.

Jane~the doc thought it was just from the shoes I was wearing and it pushing on a nerve. The Mobic she thought would take care of it as well as my shoulder/arm-we'll see.

Anita~hope the doc doesn't fine anything to wrong or bad with your thyroid. Sorry, I haven't paid attention to everyones weight trackers and am not sure what your loss is, I know that's terrible but on your loss! Glad you had a nice vacation with Joyceyln and hope you get to feeling better.

Terri~know what ya mean about the heat. When I went to the doc the other day she asked if I was sick because my temp was 99.9. I told no, just hot. And I just haven't been able to cope with this heat this summer for some reason. I mowed the yard and afterwards felt like I was going to die I swear! Not from mowing it but from the heat/humidity. So take it easy and stay indoors in the cool! I know I am trying to!

Okay, now that I see your menus Jane I guess I am not cheating after all. I am sticking to the fast track as they have it and for lunch I had a extra-lean hb patty with a cup of cottage cheese and cucumber. Didn't know if you were supposed to choose two from one column but I did. Had 1 cup of oatmeal and a tsp. of peanut butter for breakfast. And am drinking the water like crazy. I am amazed I haven't had a diet coke yet and I'm really not missing it. Anyway...didn't think you could add the 35 extra points, just didn't really think about it I guess, which I won't though-sticking to the 20 points a day for now to see how that goes. Dinner will be a drumstick, green beans, and a cup of fruit salad. If I feel I need a snack at some point I have the soup. I did weigh in this morning and still the same. Guess I will change my WI day to Thursday since I started this today. Getting the water down, which is good. Probably won't mention what I eat everyday-makes for a long post. But I will mention if I am on track or if I mess up. Not sure when or if I will get a walk in today. V is supposed to be home about 1:45 and the guy to install DirectTv will be here also. Also, trying to catch up with laundry and cleaning since I was out most of the morning. I better get going if I am going to get anything done today.

Take care ladies and have a good day!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #6  
RosieKate

Day one!

I started off with 1.5 c. of cooked oats and 1 tb of almond butter. 5 pt. The kids and I made popcorn balls, which I counted up to be 2 pt.s each, so I ate about 4 pts there. ....so foar, still on track..

Cristi - Fast track does eliminate the flex points for a short time. They have a person on 20 points a day for no more than 10 days. People who exercise regularly are advised to add a few more. I am sticking my daily points allowance of 24, and not using the 35 flex points. I do the 6 am exercise class 5 days a week and do a lot of walking, so I figured I'd better not try to stick to 20. We'll see how it goes. I am at 9 so far today....going to go have a garden burger and some free soup..TTFN!

Old 07-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Susan - the soup is made of free veggies that you like, in a ff chicken broth, with tomato juice, too, if you want. Usw whatever spices you like. YAY for Rocky helping you move.

Cristi - it might be better to chose two foods from the same column only if you split the amount, or if the column says to do so. For example, instead of 2 cups of berries OR 1 lg. corn on the cob, I chose to have 1 cup of berries and 1 sm. corn on the cob. So you could eat 1/2 hamburger and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, plus 1 of the next column and still be on track. Yikes, hope you got rid of those shoes! Who would think they could affect us that way?

Katy - the ww brochure I have (wondering if they've changed it??) says that sticking with the 20 points will maximize your loss, but that you may either add foods to meet your Points target - which is what you're doing by eating 24 points - or use your 35 Flex Points. The points range is high once the extra 5 a day are added, but the main benefit of Flex for me is staying with whole grains, etc. How did you make popcorn balls fit into the fast track plan?? Please share that!! I really like the garden burgers, especially with fresh tomatoes on them. Enjoy the soup!

I've had fun so far today. Took the twins, yes both of them, to town with me, and then we enjoyed our lunch together once we got back home. They want their mom to buy tortillas and turkey now, lol. They are napping, but about to wake up soon, so I better go. We're going to pick some fresh flowers to bring indoors, then watch Disney Princess Stories.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Hi gals--

Boy, you all have me wanting some oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow morning! I love oatmeal! What do you do w/the pb? Do you add it to the oatmeal or just eat it off the spoon?

Did some house cleaning today. VERY hot here in Oregon. Suppose to get to the '90's this weekend. I'm more of a LOW '80's girl!

Scrubbed my shower.......do you think I can count that as exercise?

Well last night I was talking to a co-worker of mine. She smokes too. I was telling her that this last pack I have is it for me. (hopefully) and she said that she needs to quit too. She has talked about joining the gym to do something during her lunch break instead of smoking. I told her that I've talked about doing that myself. So we're both going to try and support each other on that. She is a survivor of Cancer (she's only 36) and I would love to help support her in getting healthy. I'm going to do what I can and be an example by "practicing what I preach" as they say.

We'll see how it goes.

feeling TONS better....now it's off to work I go. Sorry for no individuals. Try to catch up later on after work.

Until then!
Old 07-14-2005, 09:20 PM   #9  
RosieKate

Default Day one done - we hope

OK time to stop eating! I ate my 24 points, so if I really can't stand it later, I will heat up some soup.

Jane - your description sounds good, I was just going by Dottie's, which isn't straight from the horse's mouth. I like your explanation better. I found that eating all my flex and activity points, I would rarely lose...guess my metabolism is just shot.

Ok, the popcorn balls. I added up all the points in all the ingredients then divided that by two. That's how many balls I made. They are pretty small. I enjoyed some today, but am going to stay away from them in general. I am following the Oprah boot camp guidelines of no sugar, no alcohol, and no food after 7 pm. I think it's easier to stick to a food plan when I do that. I could really tell even with just a little lo-fat treat like popcorn balls, sugar just sets me off.

Marti - so glad you are feeling better. It's going to be a long, hot weekend. Ugh. I'm so proud of you for giving up the cigs - I've BTDT and it is so hard. I know you can stick to it.

How'd everyone else do today?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Day 1 done for me, too, and I'm right on target. Although the daily points aren't too far off from what I eat anyway, the content is healthier on Fast Track. I only eat what's on the lists, although substitutions are allowed. My evening snack was cereal and milk, and I was glad to get it.

Marti - yep, shower scrubbing should count as vigorous exercise, lol. I've been tempted to buy one of those new scrubbers with a long handle, but think they wouldn't do well around the soap dish, etc. The peanut butter went on the piece of whole wheat bread this morning, lol. I ate that along with the oatmeal. Instead of my usual 1 T. brown sugar in the oatmeal, I sprinkled some Splenda and cinnamon. Very tasty!

Katy - go ahead and have the soup, hon! It will help you sleep better to not be too hungry. Re the popcorn balls - they sound delish! We used to make them around Halloween a lot. I didn't think we're suppposed to have sugar in this phase, but not real sure about that. But that's why I'm not having my beloved (lol) graham crackers. They're made with wheat flour, but have sugar, too. The way I see it though, we're doing better than usual, right? Any progress is good progress, lol.

Hello to all the others.

At my request, I'll have my son's kids tomorrow. Seems like I don't get to see them very much, so I asked if they could stay all day, and if it doesn't rain, we'll go to the beach. But I'll still make time to check in here at least once.

Toodles,
Old 07-15-2005, 06:52 AM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls--

I'm off work and I said I would be back to do individuals and here I am!!

Jane--My plans for smoking and not have cravings is to workout more and keep busy. I started thinking of what really triggers the craving for one....boredom. And that is SUCH a poor excuse! I'm very determined to do this. As I had said before, it's not going to happen right away but it WILL happen. And now that a friend at work is wanting to do the same thing, it will make it so much easier. Going to the gym with someone is always nice. I even talked to another girl, and she said that if I'm going to the gym, that she might start going too. Sounds good to me!

Cristi--Have you decided on what to do w/the BC? Just to let you know, when I finally got off the BC, those lbs went with it. So if you decide to try and it's just not the thing for you, the water weight will come of quickly. Every body is different, so you got to do what you feel is best for you.

Anita--Congrats on your loss. I hope that everything checks ok w/your doctor when you get your thyroid checked. Do you take medication for it or is this something you've just discovered?

Terri--Oh My!! I don't know if I would be able to move much if we had heat like you. Glad you got an A/C in your room. Sleeping is the most difficult when it's too hot.

Susan--I'm still crossing my fingers that you get the apartment. And how great would it be to have some help? When is the date again that Rocky comes?? Take tons of photos of the two of you together! Will his son be w/him?

Katy--You are doing such a fabulous job! W/the busy schedule you have and being able to stay on track and get in exercise.....that is something to be proud of. I will call that a great NSV!!!!

hello to all that have been away. Please stop by and check in. Let us know how you're doing. Angie---How is your foot?!

Ok, my dogs are wanting to go outside. I've taken them out already but they need out again before I go to bed.

Talk to you gals later!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Smile T.g.i.f.

Good Friday Morning Ladies!

Marti~yesterday I just ate the peanut butter from the spoon but normally I put it on a slice of bread or a muffin (both whole wheat). Still undecided about the BC-I know I definitely DO NOT want to gain any weight. I can live with the way I am now if I never lose any weight but I couldn't gain 10-15 pounds-it would really depress me to be that much bigger than I am. Well, hopefully the girl at work comes thru and you guys both can support each other.

Jane~didn't think about cutting the servings in half if I take two from the same column-thanks for the tip. I did read the top of the page of the fast track and saw in the fine print that it says if that's not enough food you can add the 35 pts. Going to do my best to stick with the 20 pts. for now. Have a nice time with Terrys children today. Nope, didn't get rid of the shoes. She thinks it is probably from the flip flops and I can't live without the in the summer. I actually haven't had the pain since going to the doc so maybe the pills are helping. I am only taking them for 10 days and then see what happens. Just realized also that my should isn't bothering me.

Katy~yummy! Popcorn balls sound delicious! You must post the recipe for us.

I actually did good yesterday and am proud of myself. DS#1 came home for lunch and brought me a Brownie Fudge Earthquake from DQ and I didn't eat it! I gave it to V-of course he shouldn't have had it either but I didn't eat ast tempted as I was. With all the water I drank yesterday I felt pretty full all day and even set my fruit salad on the counter and forgot about it. The only change I made was I didn't eat the salad, not intentionally mind you and I added a sm. baked potato to dinner. I was so goofy yesterday kept messing things up and didn't read that correctly so didn't see that I could choose two things from the last column for dinner-DUH! Don't know what was wrong with me yesterday. Went to put the chicken in the oven for dinner and was a few minutes later I realized that turning the oven on would probably help in the process of cooking it! Just one of those days. Decided to keep my WI day on Friday even though I started this on Thursday. I've been weighing in on Friday for a while now and just want to stick with it. And I am actually down .5 lb. I went ahead and changed my ticker thingy to reflect it because I know it is gone never to come back again! That's about all I have for now. Need to get the house cleaned, actually straightenen and vacuumed and get a load of laundry done. V's reunion is tomorrow and I also need to make the macaroni salad. Will take some veggies to munch on in case there is nothing I can eat. Can't eat before we leave because it is a little over an hour drive and I would have just had breakfast soooo...we'll see when I get there. I may munch on some half-way there. Okay, gotta get going...going to go get a walk in on the treadmill. See ya

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Talking

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. I would if it wasn't so hot outside. Glad I got out and about early this morning and got things done.

I'm back again! But just for a few minutes to see if anyone had posted since I was here last. Don't really have anything to say...today...eating wise has gone good. Have dinner planned so shouldn't be any problems there. Probably won't be back 'til Monday, not sure. I know I won't be on here at all tomorrow because we have to leave early and have no clue when we will be back. Of course by the time we get back it will be someone else's time on the computer. May get on Sunday sometime, just not sure as I have no clue what if anything is planned for the day-playing it by ear.

Anyway...take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL weekend! See ya!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

I wanted to say hello. I just am settling in to another day at work, did not get any sleep last night!
1} Leak in maintenance room
2} Person stuck in elevator
3} Couple screaming
4} Lock out
5} Noise complaint

Is there a full moon or what?? I just laid there waiting for the next emergency.

Gaby slept - so that is all that matters.

Woke up at 7 am.Out the door at 8:30 to Beaverton and back at 9:30 in NE POrtland for a counsling session with the girls. It seems to be helping, especially with Rachel.
That was until 11 the girls father picked them up and I went to Milwaukie to drop off Gaby at my muthers( I always wanted to be from Brooklyn - haha). She gave me a baggie of peanuts and another of carrots.
I had picked a pita turkey sandwich at AM PM and cut that in half to share with Gaby. Course she had her blueberry slurpee and some gummy candy crap to eat first......lol

Oh- I got the job! I interviewed yesterday. Waiting on pins and needles because my boss changed his mind and asked our supervisor if I could continue to work here part time.

It would keep me at full time with the benefits - either way I can move any time. My mom was going to rent a UHAUL for me.The girls seem happy I am moving closer.

Oh- Rocky & his son will be here on Sunday the 24th. His mother also flies in on her way somewhere else and I will get to meet her. So that is nice. He went to WalMart last night and bought me some Maui shrimp chips......yum!!

Cut my hair and think I will drink some water.

The 2 don't go together........lol, though the water might help my hair grow.....haha......ugh.

Where IS Angie?????????????

Hi Marti! Hi Jane! Hi Cristi! Hi Katy!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-15-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #15  
RosieKate

Default Day Two......Whew!

I am wiped! I started the day with the 6 am step class. DH mentioned over breakfast that the forecast was for "drizzle on Saturday, sizzle on Sunday", so I figured it would be a good morning to do the gardening in the front yard that I have been putting off. That side of the house is cool in the a.m. and I needed to move some plants around. Well, two hours later...ugh. I sat down and it was real hard to get back up again. The old bones don't move like they used to.

Food-wise, so far so good today. No popcorn balls, tho' they are calling my name I had 2 pts worth of dried mango for a snack instead.

Jane - hope you are having fun with the grandkids.

Cristi - have a great time at the reunion.

Susan - congrats on the new job and new apartment.....

Marti - Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Anita - hope your thyroid test goes well... you are doing great on your new program - keep up the good work!

Here's a link to my latest obsession, the Clapotis. http://dogsstealyarn.com/archives/000291.html

It sounds like a venereal disease, but it's really pronounced "clap-o-tee" and it's an awesome wrap, that I will just have to knit someday soon... I like the yarn the gal has used in the link. I really need to finish this wrap sweater first though. I've discovered that I am not the first knitter to fall under the Clapotis spell...there are many blogs and message boards devoted to the clapotis-obsessed.. Oh well, keeps us off the streets, I guess

Hope everyone is having a great day
TGIF

Closed Thread