Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:56 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies - better late than never, right? I was here earlier but got called away before I could post!

Marti - I think you've got a good thing going by working out with friends. The time will pass faster, and it will be lots more fun. When are you joining? Good luck with the (not) smoking. You can do it, friend, and we'll be here for you every step of the way.

Cristi - I'm always taking a snack with us on the road, lol. Fruit or a fruit bar, usually. YAY for .5 down, and another big YAY for your NSV of just saying no to the DQ. Glad your shoulder is better. Hope you have fun at the reunion tomorrow. If you get tempted to overeat, you could just think about weigh in next Friday.

Susan - a big YAY to you for landing the job!! Glad to hear the counseling os going well. Oh my, you're getting to meet The Mother???? Rightly so, since you are engaged. Not to worry, you'll knock her sox off, toots.

Katy - lol, your new hobby DOES sound nasty. I love the look of the yarn, too, and see that the clapotis is warm and very versatile. The gal in the photos was cracking me up. Loved the shot of the empty muffin plate, lol.

Well girls, I did it! I joined the Y. There was a woman who showed me all around and how to use the machines. My main focus, though, will be on the treadmill and the machine to help my batwings, lol. The thing is, it was very affordable, and I felt comfortable there. A long time ago, it seemed that all the Beautiful People hung out in the work out rooms, but the ones I saw there today were mostly just average people. The best part is, I got a discount since Neal is a university employee, so it was very affordable.

Day 2 was POP, I'm glad to report. Gonna have my cereal in a few minutes.

See ya tomorrow!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #17  
RosieKate

Just a quick update...
Yesterday was Day two - I date 21 points...felt real tired and listless today. Didn't get much done, but did sneak in a little nap
Today is day 3, I ate all 24 points.....and feeling decidedly perkier

so far so good
hope you are all having a great weekend

Old 07-17-2005, 01:32 AM   #18  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Katy - those few extra points are lifesavers, aren't they? Glad you're doing well. I am, too, and feel so good about it. Tomorrow's our Fast Track hump day, lol.

Hi to all the other JLs out there.

Neal and I went to my sister's camper to visit tonight. It was very peaceful and quite. Just like being home, lol. She and I took her dog for a walk all over the camp ground, so we got in a pretty good walk.

We're going to stay home from church tomorrow and have offered to watch Caylin so Mary and Dale and the twins can go. Caylin screams in the nursery, and can't seem to be pacified in the chapel with her parents, either. I hope when she's a few months older she'll calm down a little.

Have a good Sunday!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:15 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good morning ladies~

Susan~congrat's on getting the job!

Katy~that does sound like a vd! But it is nice. When I saw the first pic I thought it was about art! LOL Loved the pics on the wall and the red sofa.

Jane~congrat's on joining the Y. Don't really care for fruit bars and don't usually snack on the road which is good. Always have to have something to drink though so I always have two bottles of water that I leave in the car plus usually take something when I leave if it is a long drive.

Nothing much to say, just wanted to check in and say Hi. Take care and have a good one! See ya
Old 07-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #20  
GmaTo8

Wow, it sure is quiet in here. I almost didn't stop in myself since my life is so boring and there's nothing new to tell. Same ol', same ol'....

Cristi - so how was the reunion? Did you and Vince have lots of fun?

I can't be here in the AM because it's Monday, so I'll be leaving early to go walk Kathy's dog. After that, I'm going to stop by the Y and do the treadmill and this machine that helps with the back of my arms and belly, too. Not sure what it's called. My plan is to start out easy and work into it, so I won't hurt myself. I did well with the food today. Another one down, lol.

Makenzie the 3 y/o got in trouble for running around the outside of the house today when Mary told her not to. She explained her behavior by saying she wanted to stop, but her feet wouldn't let her. It was really hard to keep a straight face after that! Mary told her that next time she has to make her feet listen to her, and Makenzie said ok. The child also apologized after a heads-up from me. The thing is, the child runs like a deer and I can just see her on a track kickin' up dust when she's older.

Hope you all have had a great weekend, and I'll see you sometime tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #21  
One day at a time

Smile

Hello ladies

Not much going on, again just checking in to say Hi.

Jane~the reunion was GREAT! Had loads of fun.

Well, I am trying to get the laundry done and need to clean house so need to get going.

Have a good day!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 PM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Morning everyone!!

I had a great weekend w/Jhanai. Our town had a little festival going on called "Bohemia Mining Days" So we went to that w/my brother. He was over to spend part of the day w/us. It was pretty much a very relaxing weekend. James had the weekend off too. So all was good!

Cristi--Hurray on the .5lb loss!! You're going to reach your goal I just know it!! And Bravo on the fudge brownie Earthquake!! That is a great NSV!! Now if I was near by, I would have taken it for you! I mean, that's what friends are for right??

Susan--Fantastic!! I can uncross my fingers now! I'm glad you got the apartment. Let us know how you like it when you move in.

Katy--I liked that wrap. It's cute. Now, just so you know, my favorite colors are anything in the red catagory....red on down to orange and then yellow. You know, fall colors. And a reminder that my birthday is in January.... (just teasin') But it sure is a cute wrap!

Jane--I'm proud of you going to the Y and getting in all that exercise!! I'm hoping to get in too. The girl at work and I e-mailed the gym gal, and she wanted to schedule an orientation today at 2:00, but neither one of us were able to.....well I am now since Jhanai decided to go home last night rather than today....but we'll get our gym memership in soon! My thighs are getting waaaayyy to aquainted!!

Ok gals I'm going to wash my car before the noon time suns is full blown beaming down at me. I will check in later!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - glad you had lots of fun at the reunion. I forget, was this a family or school reunion? How's it going with Fast Track?

Marti - so glad you got to spend time with your brother. The festival sounds like lots of fun! Did you get your car washed? Thanks for your kind words about the Y!

Hi to all the MIA JLs.

Since I was in town anyway to walk Kathy's dog, I stopped by the Y and did a few reps on several machines, and then walked the treadmill. I only did 20 minutes on it since I had already walked the dog. They have 3 TVs spread out in front of the line of treadmills, but others had the stations to programs I don't usually watch. So next time, I'll be taking my discman with me. Day 5 has been very good with the food, water, and exercise.

Are there any Harry Potter fan here? Katie and I were at Walmart at midnight Saturday night when the book was put out for sale. She's read the other 5, but I haven't read any. Told her I may just read them. The current book sold 6.9 million copies in the 1st 24 hours, just in the USA. Sheesh, that's a lot of royalty money, lol. Great Brittain's numbers were supposed to be announced at some point today.

Take care, ladies, and I'll chat at ya' later.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:54 PM   #24  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies,

Well, we are into day 9 of the Extreme Heat Emergency here in Toronto, and it is stinkin hot out. It's a little breezy today and I've hear the humidity is suppoed to go down a little soon but we'll see. Joycelyn certainly is a going concern. She is quite the little minx. The other day I watched her drag a kitchen chair over to the stairs so she could climb up and try to get over the baby gate. Of course I didn't let that go too far, but I am constantly amazed by her intellegence.

Went to the doctor last week and luckily he doesn't think I need to be on thyroid meds because I don't have any other symptoms of hypothroidism. He just said it makes my weight loss efforts that much more challenging (DUH!)

Anyway, I am hoping the weight loss will help it to regulate itself. So far my weight loss is at 13.2 pounds. That's an average of 4.4 pounds per week for the last 3 weeks. Although, most of the weight loss came in the first two weeks. Last week was slower but the clinic said that it has been the same for everyone because of the extreme heat. Everyone is retaining water I guess. LOL

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on the weight loss. This past weekend was particularily difficult because we went to a pool party, there was food galore. I planned ahead though and brought my own food and my own snacks, and then I stuck close to the veggie platter and munched on those when I felt the need to nosh. So I am quite proud of myself for that.

Anyway, I must run. I feel terrible that I don;t have enought time to answer personally but somedays I barely have enough time for lunch. I will try to catch up soon.

Anita
Old 07-19-2005, 07:42 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Anita - YAY for the ongoing weight loss. I think your progress is great! Yep, your little one is pretty darn smart, lol!!

Day 6 of Fast Track is almost over, and I'm glad of it, lol. We had salmon for dinner, and it was really good. I'll be glad to see some graham crackers on Thursday morning!

Got my hair cut in layers again. It's not too short, but not as long as it was. I really like it.

Toodles,
Old 07-20-2005, 01:10 PM   #26  
GmaTo8

Alrighty then... there must be a sale at Michael's, judging by the empty room.

The last day of Fast track... YAY I'll be glad to get back to my graham crackers for breakfast, but am happy to say I stuck with it the whole 7 days, assuming I'll make it through today, lol. I got weighed today, and have lost 1 3/4 pounds, which is fine with me since I'm already in maintenance. Did the treadmill at the Y today, and it really goes energize a person.

Just wanted to check in.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Smile

Heeeellllloooooo...where is everyone? Pretty quiet around here the last few days. Of course I haven't posted either, but did check in to see what's up. Anyway...

Good afternoon ladies!

Nothing much going on another reason I haven't posted. Get tired of talking about the same old stuff, which is nothing! Of course you all know what I did today since it is Wednesday! Wally World Wednesday! Also, went to get personalized tags for my car but when I got there I couldn't find my proof of insurance card. Already have personalized tags but they have new ones and you have to change before the end of the year. It takes about 3 months to get them and mine come up for renewal in Sept. Since I have to change I am totally going with something different. Now I am trying to get some laundry done. Got a late start today.

Anita~WTG on the loss! WOW! That is great, just hope it's not too much too fast. But then you are under the supervision of a doctor right? So that's good. Keep up the good work!

Jane~WTG on your loss also and for joing the "Y". I've been half-a$$ed doing Fast Track, just kind of got off track being busy running around and all. But am going to start over anew Friday. Was going to tomorrow but since I WI in Friday will start then.

That's about all I have. Need to get going as the washer is beeping that it is done and will continue 'til I open the door to get the clothes out or I turn it off-really annoying sometimes.

Hi to everyone else! Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Old 07-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #28  
RosieKate

Happy hump day....
Just popping in for a quick hello. My DD and I were at a work party at church this morning, and soon we will be off to the Village for some shopping and (gasp) a trip to the soda fountain. I may indulge, may not, kind of on the fence, but I'm having some major cravings Otherwise this week, I've done a good job on Fast Track. I'll weigh in tomorrow and see what's up with the scale. I started TOM a few days ago and have been having some fluctuations, but in general, FT got off the few pounds I gained during my week away, so it has served its purpose for putting me back on track.

If I haven't lost all that much, I'm ok with it for now because I know I've shrunk a little. I've been getting to the gym alot, so I know some fat has been replaced with muscle.

On Saturday my point calculator starts over, so I think next week I'll go back to including my flex points and see how it goes.

Congrats to all the great successes... this summer seems to be going well for all of us!

Old 07-20-2005, 11:22 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

Wonderful to you guys that are losing weight! Very inspiring as I munch on my KFC chicken.

I am packed! I am waiting to hear if I get to work here part time. My boss was told by Friday.

Did I say he changed his mind? He wrote a beautiful letter,.,,,,,wait. I will cut & paste!! lol

As you probably know, Susan has been offered and has accepted the part-time ASM position at ******. From what I have been told she will move to *** and work the late afternoon to early evening shift. Which leaves a large void at ***.

Susan has suggested the possibility of continuing to work full-time. She offered to work part time at *** from approximately 11:00 am until 3:00 pm and then perform her scheduled shift at ***. *** would then need to hire an on-site, part-time ASM to cover the evening shift. I am 100% behind this option and ask you to consider it as well.

There are several reasons why I support this option. The ***, like many PH buildings, is large and difficult to keep a handle on. Retaining experienced staff is essential for both streamlined management and resident comfort. Susan's experience with administrative duties and the confidence I have in her allows me to create and expand resident programs. Recent resident programs I have had the time to build include the *** Building Watch, the *** Adopt-an-Area Program, the *** Landscape Group and a large National Night Out Event. We are also in the midst of developing a computer training program with a volunteer I recently cultivated and we are likely to expand our resident computer access due to the granting of two new computers we were recently rewarded from FreeGeek. I have also been concentrating on incorporating the *** with the *** in order to create a much stronger and vibrant community. Susan's ability and knowledge in keeping our office running smoothly also allows me ample time to provide the out of office, extremely time consuming security the *** will likely always need (even during the day time). Lastly, her compassionate rapport she has developed with many residents allows Susan to deal with less complicated resident issues without my direct involvement.

I understand that a new ASM, if trained properly, will probably be able to perform many of the duties Susan currently does. And I plan to train the new ASM thoroughly (whether they are part-time or full-time). But why would we want to remove an already experienced ASM from the site if they are willing to stay, albeit part-time?

Please carefully consider this request. I know we need to make a decision quickly because one way or another, we will need to hire either a full-time or part-time ASM immediately.

Anyway,,,,,,,I thought that was nice of him. He is such a good boss.

Rach is better, we talk more.

I am back to 154......frustrated.....

Rocky gets here Sunday!!! I am soooo excited and hope all goes well.

Just trying to keep up with everything but wanted to say hello and tell you how I am impressed with how well you are all doing! It is so great to read. So, thanks!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #30  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!

Well, I had my appointment yesterday and everything looks great! The baby is doing well, and in fact getting busier and busier each day. The heart rate was in the 140’s yesterday. I am now going every two weeks, with my first appointment being August 8th. It is hard to believe it is already coming up on August already! (My how the year just flies now that you have kids!!) I go on August 4th for my follow up ultrasound, so we should know the gender of this munchkin as long as it cooperates.

I found out that I have been getting hit really bad with round ligament pain with this pregnancy. I have to go sometime in the next two weeks to get the one hour glucose test done, but this time I DO NOT have to fast for it! Which is a relieve for me because I was dreading the test if I had to fast again. Also, the baby already seems to be in a head down position, but the doctor said that it could move back into breech in the next month or so. So far for this pregnancy, I have gained about 14lbs, more or less cause the scales all tell me different amounts.

Brandon is doing great! Drooling like crazy, but his last three molars seem to be wanting to push through badly. He has just started getting into a biting phase, so we are working on getting him off wanting to bite every one and every thing. I weighed him last week and he is roughly 24 lbs. 15.5oz. so he is a hefty little one. He is getting closer to walking, he will walk holding onto something or someone, but as soon as there is nothing to hold onto, he will sit down and then crawl.

Me and Tommy are doing well. We are going to go and talk to the lady about the apartment hopefully today and see what is going on. We also had an option of renting the house down the street from here, but we haven’t heard anything more on that. Last we knew, there was someone else interested in the house and we are thinking that they got the house, although we haven’t seen anyone over there.

Marti~ You are so true about the wanting/not wanting to find out the gender. We go in two weeks for a last attempt to find out, if we don’t get a cooperative baby then, then it will just be a surprise until the baby is born.

RoseKate~ I am feeling great. I have my occasional days where I pretty much just sit inside in the AC but hey, nobody wants to see a hot, sweaty pregnant lady. I am in the cute maternity outfits, which is nice because with Brandon, all my regular clothes fit. This time, I wore them for a couple months, and then once summer hit, I had to find other options for clothes. I told Tommy the other day that if I could get away with walking around naked, I would, but even then I would probably still be sweating my butt off!

Cristi~ The names have been chosen, but are not being shared until the baby is born. That is thanks to Tommy. He said that he didn’t want any interference on the name choices. As it is right now, we are getting the “you can’t name a girl Harley” from my mom. So all the more reason why he wants to keep it hush hush. We still haven’t heard anything more about the apartment. I am watching my mom’s kids right now, so when I wake Tommy up, I will have him go over and talk to the lady since they went down state to get one of the kids’ shunts checked out.

Jane~ Harley is a very pretty name, it’s just some people (namely my mom) don’t think that it should be used as a name for a child. She joked with Tommy the other night saying “are you going to have her middle name as Davidson?”

Susan~ I am hoping that the baby will cooperate and we can find out the gender.
Closed Thread