Old 07-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #1  

Default Week-At-A-Time #2

The object of this thread is to take on a challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week on Sunday. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on the challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  

Smile Happy 4th from up north

Hi mscat,

I haven't started doing my exercise yet today, but weighed in and am down 6 whole pounds in about a week! Amazing what eating properly and exercising can do. (I do realize it will slow down a lot from now on.) My goals for this week: no chocolate or wine, and minimum 30 minutes exercise every day. I'll report before bedtime on my rate of success.
This thread is terrific. Thanks for starting it.

carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #3  

Default Last week's winners!

Here are the tallies to start out our new week on an "we can do it" beat -
skinny jeans
Doss
carla49
princess.
mscat and 2.5 pounds down! :

squiggly and 1 pound down!

At the end of this week I know we will have many completing 7 days of their challenges.

mscat
Old 07-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #4  

Default Another Award!

Go Carla - 6 lbs down!
Old 07-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #5  
Looking for Thin

Today isn't going to be a successful day for me. I can say I got my 20 minutes of exercise in even though it wasn't on my elliptical. It was walking. I doubt that I'll get my water in. I will do it tomorrow. I promise.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:59 PM   #6  

really hard today, but I did it.

10 minutes on the elliptical
2 listened to tapes
journaled

As I began today, I wondered why I made such a "big" commitment. Having completed the exercise I felt good, physically and emotionally. I felt proud. I did not feel like doing the other things even though I know how important they are to my successfully dropping weight.

Feelings of well-being came over me as I completed each "goal" today. I overeat most often to numb my feelings. The tapes and the journaling don't numb those feelings, instead they help me out with emotions and that is much, much more satisfying than numbing.

My glutes and thighs hurt even though I took Sunday off! A sign that the elliptical is working and that my choice to skip the squat and leg press at Curves is a healthy one.

I went on a binge run today. While on the road, the song "Leaving on a Jet Plane" came on and I saw people at a wake at a funeral home that I passed by. Don't know exactly the mechanics of it, but suddenly the though entered into my head that I was not going to binge - to turn around and go home instead. This is a first for me.

thank you all for bieng here to share these accomplishments with. some people may think "you're just doing what you ought to be doing", but I trust that each of you understand what an accomplishment some of these small things are.

Last edited by princess.; 07-04-2005 at 11:05 PM. Reason: grammer
princess. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 11:24 PM   #7  

For some reason exercise was hard today, but I gritted my teeth and did my 20 min on the rebounder and just went for a 30 min walk. (The walk was VERY slow - I walk with a friend who only has one speed.) And I actually drove right past a Quizno's, even tho I have $2 off coupons; I didn't succumb to the candy specials at Zeller's (sort of like Target); and I even managed to drive past a Dairy Queen which would have been sooo good in the heat. So far I'm managing to just eat tons of fruit instead of junk. Yes, lots of calories, but healthy too.

Day one a success!

Carla
Old 07-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #8  

Default New Goals for this Week!

Okay ladies - I see many of you have posted your goals for the week and already reported successes! I did great last week with my WW points - stayed under everyday although I didn't even come close on the Holiday :-(. What the heck - it was a holiday! The water was good although a couple of days I waited til the last hour to get it in. So I am going to continue to work on that daily. What I really struggled with was exercising so I my challenge this week is to exercise everyday.

My goal is to work up to at least 30 minutes of cardio by the end of the week - but my challenge is to move something, somehow for 7 days. I did 40 minutes on the Monday a.m. and this morning managed a 15 minute workout.

Have a great day.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #9  

Default Morning Inspiration for us All

Make each challenge pay. Challenge can make you stop, or it can make you unstoppable. It all depends on how you respond. Challenge can compel you to make valuable improvements that you never would have attempted otherwise. Challenge can open your eyes to a whole new level of possibilities.

When the challenges come, gladly accept the energy that they have to give you. Greet each challenge with the expectation that it will make you stronger, more capable, more experienced, more effective. Then jump right in and get to work on that challenge. The more quickly and enthusiastically you get started, the more real value you'll be able to gain.

Challenge will give you the opportunity to discover how very much you can accomplish. And knowing how much you can accomplish sets you up to accomplish even more. When there is a challenge in your life, it's only a matter of time and effort before that challenge can be transformed into a real and lasting treasure. Take the time, put forth the effort, and you'll surely make each challenge pay.

-- Ralph Marston http://www.greatday.com/motivate/

The challenges you met yesterday have truly been inspirational to us all!
carla
30 minutes of movement is 30 minutes of movement - experts say it's not how fast you walk or jog but how long you do it! We also acknowledge your strength in resisting the goodies and eating the fruit instead.

princess.
We understand - your accomplishments are HUGE! We are touched by your sharing. Thank you!

squiggly
What you didn't do doesn't matter - what you accomplish does. It was outstanding that you got that walk in - sometimes it is tough to get in our chosen exercise - Substituting it with something rather than doing nothing at all is a win - You are doing great!

mscat - All we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #10  
Haley

This sounds great! I know it's Tuesday, but mind if I join in??
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #11  

Default Join Us!

Welcome Haleys - The best day to start is today! We would love to have you be a part of our fantastic group.

mscat
Old 07-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #12  
Haley

Yay, thank you! My challenge is to exercise for an hour on the elliptical every day this week, including the weekend. I'll post my accomplishment every day when I come home from the gym. I also want to strength train at least 4 days this week, alternating days between upper body and lower body machines.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:54 PM   #13  

Another day down! And five to go.... No chocs, no wine, and 35 minutes riding my bike! Hmmmm. What shall I put on the exercise menu for tomorrow?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:19 AM   #14  
4 gr8 ones

Okay, this may just be the place for me. Can I join, it's Wednesday?
My name is Crystal, almost 28 years, stay at home mom of 4 kids. Alisa 6 1/2, Ally 4, Andrew 2 1/2 and Allison is 5 months. I live in Texas where I homeschool and have been married almost 10 years.
I love the thought of achieving a certain goal each week. That could really help.
I have about 60 pounds to lose, more if it wants to go away.
I'm just trying to start back so for the rest of this week I will ride my bike for some time. Any time is longer than not at all, right?
mamamoore4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #15  

Default Wedneday Morning Greetings

Morning all! We had such a great day yesterday - here's to everyone having a success to share by the end of the day

Welcome mamamoore4 - please join us - the middle of the week is fine because the best time to start anything is right now!
YAY! Carla! That is 2 days in a row this week!
And me too - 2nd day in a row!

Have a great day everyone.

mscat