Old 08-28-2005, 07:15 AM   #106  

Barb, I am so sorry about the news of your Mother. My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. Take care.

Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:15 PM   #107  

Barb,
I know what a difficult time this is for all of you. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #108  

Hi everybody,

Kate, I saw on the weather this morning that rain from Katrina will be heading your way. I'll be thinking about you. Stay safe.

Anne, do you still do BF? How often do you do it and how many times a day do you do it? I ordered Greer's new video w/the exercise bar from HSN, which should be arriving sometime early next week. I do have an older tape of her's, but there are no exercises that include the exercise bar.

Barb, I'm still praying for you and your family.

Nikki, SS was on HSN Sun. & Mon. She didn't get any of my money this trip, I didn't even watch her. I'm so proud of myself!

Hi Lucyee, hope you're doing ok.

Take care,
Ali
Old 08-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #109  

Hi everybody,
Happy news.....my DS and his girlfriend just got engaged We're so excited. They'll be married in Colorado, but haven't set a date yet. I think they're planning for sometime in 2006. So now I have a really good reason to put my all into losing some #s. I know they say you're not supposed to lose just for an event, but I've been looking for something to get me going again. Hopefully this will be incentive to get me on the right track.

Ali: They're predicting lots of rain for us, but I don't think the winds will be bad. Probably some areas will get flooding. I was just watching the news and can't believe what it must be like down there. I feel so sorry for those people. I'm glad that you were safe.

Barb: Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Nikki: Your DD must be so excited about her house. It's so nice that you can do all that for her. It can get very costly if you have to hire someone to do it. I love seeing the progress as a project goes along. Keep us posted!

Anne: We saw Elton John in a concert in Rochester a few years ago. He puts on a fantastic show! I hope your sister is able to enjoy it. We need the rain that's coming badly, but not so much at once. Things are never perfect I guess.

Lucyee: I think you've been gone almost 3 weeks so maybe you'll be home soon. It will be nice to hear from you again.

Take care,
Kate
Old 08-31-2005, 09:48 PM   #110  
Hang In There

Today we had to move my mom to a dedicated HOSPICE home. It's a cross between a hospital and a nursing home. It is for temporary care. They are saying the end is very near, two days at the most.

Moving her was the hardest thing I have ever done. I went all to pieces at the thought. The hospital she was in was about 5 miles from my house and right across the street from my office. I could run in and check on her before work, during lunch, after work, or any other time I felt like I need to see her. Now this place is about a 45 minute drive. I'm staying tonight, even though I didn't prepare for it. I have no close to sleep in, or to change into tomorrow, but at least I'll be near.

Barb
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #111  

Good morning everyone,

Barb, it's too bad your mother was moved so far away from you, but right now this is probably the best place for her. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Kate, congratulations are in order for your DS. That is fantastic news. Yes, they do say you shouldn't lose weight just for a special event, but there is nothing else like it to give you more incentive to lose weight. I heard some nasty weather hit in upstate NY. Hope it didn't get to where you live.

Hi Anne, Nikki, Lucyee Hope you all are doing well.

At the moment our plans are still on for heading north next week. But, if the price of gas skyrockets, we'll be staying put. When DH went to work yesterday morning, gas at the station he drives by was $2.65 a gal.. When he came home it had jumped to $2.95 a gal.

Take care and have a good day!
Ali
Old 09-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #112  
Lucyee

HI Everyone, Just stopping by to say hello! I just returned home, this week, from my Sister's in upstate NY. Needless, to say, the diet has been non existant. I am returning to help out, next week. Leaving Sept 9th. I won't be back again, until the end of Sept., but then, I had better get my own life on track. Hopefully, by then, with all the help we are getting for my Sister, she will be feeling better and I won't worry, so much. Hope you are all doing well and look forward to sharing with you all, again. Take care. Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #113  
Lucyee

Hi! Sorry I haven't read the past posts, before I posted my message. I am sure a lot is going on, in your lives, as well. Please forgive me, until I can catch up. Lucyee
Old 09-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #114  

Hi all,
Barb: I'm sorry to hear the news about your mother. It's too bad that she is so much farther away. You need to be able to spend as much time with her as you want. I'm keeping you very close in thought and prayer. Take care.

Ali: Most gas around here is $2.95 now. I did go by a station tonight where it was $2.89 and I zoomed right in and bought some with the little money that I had. I hope that you'll be able to make your trip north. I know you've been looking forward to it. We got 3" of rain yesterday from Katrina, but no wind. Today has been beautiful and it's supposed to stay like this for the weekend. I'm reading Lone Calder Star by Janet Dailey. Have you ever read any of the Calder series? I enjoyed them.

Lucyee: Welcome back...sounds like for just a short time before you're leaving again. Has your sister been sick? I guess I thought you had just gone for a visit.

Nikki: You must be busy working on DD's house.

Anne: Hope things are going okay. How's little Toby?

Take care,
Kate
Old 09-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #115  
Hang In There

My Mom passed from this life on Thursday 9/1 about 2:15 in the afternoon. We has the visitation tonight and it was one of the hardest things I've even been through. The funeral will be tomorrow. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:38 AM   #116  

Barb, You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your mother. I know what a difficult time you are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Take care.
Ali
Old 09-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #117  

Barb,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is and it is one of the hardest things to deal with. Your in my thoughts and prayers, Nikki
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #118  

Hi Everyone,

We have been busy with DD's house. Yesterday, I was there from 9am till after 9pm. DH and DD been helping more too. I have meant to check in here, but I try to limit my computer time, besides, I'm not getting notices that there are new postings for some reason, so I never know when when someone has posted.

Ali, what are the prices of gas down there now? I got gas yesterday and it was 2.84 at Walmart, so I filled up. They say that we are going to get more gas, but I wonder if the prices will come down. I sure hope you can go home, but I suppose you will have ot see what it's like when the time comes.

Lucyee, your busy as a bee. I am in the same boat as far as the weight thing goes. My diet and exercise flew out the window awhile ago.

Kate, congratulations to your DS and his girlfriend on their engagement. It is a big event and sounds like a beautiful place to get married. What part of Colorado would it be in?

Anne, I wonder if the new BF is like the old one. I know with the old one, we were only suppose to do it once a day and the new one, your suppose to do it 2 times a day. So that much is different. How is Toby doing?

Barb, again, my deepest sympathy to you.

Take care everyone, Nikki
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:19 AM   #119  

Good morning,

We have decided not to make the trip north on Fri. DH just doesn't want to take a chance on not finding any gas. We would hate to be so far from home and be stuck somewhere, especially with Lacee. He has told his boss and he'll be working that week. We both are very disappointed. We do have some stations down here that appear to be out of gas.

Nikki, that is really great you're doing all of this for your DD#1. How are the renovations coming along? It's funny you should mention about not getting any e mails when someone posts. That happens to me sometimes too. As a matter of fact, I didn't get an e mail to say you had posted. It seems that all the gas stations I saw yesterday had $3.09 a gal.

Anne, you must be starting your time off this week. It will be great being away from for a while. How did Toby make out at the Vet? I bought Greer's new BF tape w/the gym-bar from HSN and it arrived a couple of days ago. Three tapes came, Getting Started, which you do the 1st day, then the Work Out, which you do day 2 and on, then there is an advanced workout. Her eating plan is ok, you get to eat a lot of food, 1600 cal. But, in her egg recipes it's either all egg whites or more egg whites than yolks.

Kate, glad you were able to fill your gas tank at that price. Have gas prices risen very much where you are? I don't think I have read any of Janet Dailey's Calder series. I may have read one of the books a very long time ago. I have discovered an author, Bernard Cornwell. A couple of books I read were really good. Both were historical romances, one took place in the 1600's and the other one took place in the 1790's during France's revolution. They both kept me on the edge of my seat.

Lucyee, welcome back! We missed your posts. Sorry that you'll be heading out again so soon. You must be busy getting things straightened out at home and now packing again.

Barb, again, I cannot tell you how sorry I am for your loss.

Hope you're all having a nice Labor/Labour Day Weekend.

Ali
Old 09-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #120  
Lucyee

Hi Everyone!
Barb, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. God be with you!
I am returning to my Sister's this week and hoping that all goes well. I feel a little pressure, but I know I will do all I have to do, and it will turn out okay, in the end. With the help of the Home care and the physical therapy, she seems to be improving a bit, but it will take a little time.

Ali, Sorry about your having to change plans, with your trip. This gas crisis is horrible, for everyone, now.

Kate, Thanks for thinking of me. I am all mixed up with the diet, but it will happen and fall into place when it is supposed to, I hope.

Anne and Nikki, I hope you enjoy the Labor day weekend.

Ttyl. Hugs, to all. Lucyee