Old 07-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #16  

HI Lucyee,
When you post a reply above the place that you type, is a bunch of different symbols. To change the style of the print, click on the little arrow next to where it says verdana. Then click on whatever style you want to use. Next to this is the number 2. Click on the arrow to the right of that and you can choose the size of the print, from small to large. Next to the big A with the blue underline, click on the down arrow and you can choose the color of the the print. Hope that helps, Nikki
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #17  

Hi Lucy,

If you have the basic options on your reply page, where you physically have to put the different print and color in, you can change it so all you have to do is what Nikki told you.

Go to the top of the page where it says "USER CP" , click on that. Another page will appear. To you left, you'll see "EDIT OPTIONS", click on that. When that page pops up, scroll to the very bottom, you will see a box that says "MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS". There will be a small window with a blue box next to it. If your's says "BASIC EDITOR", click the blue box. Three options will appear. Click on "ENHANCED INTERFACE", which is the very last option, then click "SAVE CHANGES". When you get back to the page where you type your post, it will be completely different. I hope I didn't confuse you too much. Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #18  

Good evening everyone!
Just a quick post to let you know that I'm still around. It's been a crazy week. Today I had requests for four projects that had to be done immediately I swear that I must send out vibes when I'm going to be away and everyone contacts me right before and wants something I've gotten very little of "my" work done this week. But you know what...come Friday at 4 I'm out of there and I'm not going to think about the job for 9 days!!

Lucyee: Welcome! I'm basically doing WW, but I've slacked off a little. After vacation I plan to get going again full steam. You sound motivated and ready to lose. Are you exercising too? I'm into Curves...just love it....I can do anything for 30 mins

Nikki: We used air mattresses for a couple years. Last year we had army cots that we put sleeping bags on. It was easier getting up from those so we're going to use them again this year. My knee has been acting up and I'm not sure how it would feel having to bend it too much. How did the soffit project go? It's got to be terrible doing all that work when it's so hot. Drink, drink, drink!

Ali: I finished The DaVinci Code. It was an interesting read, but I don't consider it factual. I talked to one person who was very offended by the story line, but I just considered it fiction. I have to get some reading material to take on vacation. Has the weather calmed down for you? I wish you lots of sunshine and no more rain

Anne: How is little Toby? You must be having so much fun. DH wants to get a lab puppy. Abby is so attached to us that I don't want to upset her. If I could talk him into retiring I might consider it How is ?

Barb: Glad that things are working out with your job. How was jury duty? I was chosen for a jury several years ago and found it kind of fun. Have you decided what eating plan you'll be using?

We're leaving bright and early Saturday morning, but I'll try to pop in once more before we go.

Take care,
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:50 AM   #19  

An early Hello Ladies!!!
We are having the biggest heat wave here. We are under constant brown
out threats and water restrictions!!!!

Toby is a sweetheart. He is apriocot coloured. I will send you guys a picture
of him this weekend. Hes too cute. So active too. The whole family just
loves him You'll never beleive it, but I have been eating a whole
lot less too

Nikki, I bet your DD is getting excited about her "big day". I hope the weather
is terrific and not too hot and humid!!!

Kate I know what you mean. My job is a zoo, I bet sometimes you guys wonder where the heck I am. We are still in the process of looking for a
notebook. I have a problem with so many sons wanting the computer at
night and naturally I have this problem during my workdays

Ali, I am hoping and praying that Emily stays the heck away from you guys
Enough Already!!!!!

Hi Lucyee and Welcome!!!

How are you doing Barb.

Well I am off the that wonderful workplace of mine(good grief)

Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:03 AM   #20  

Good morning everyone,

Anne, it's wonderful how much you and your family are enjoying Toby. I can't wait to see a picture of him. DH & I were watching the weather on our local cable news channel and it looks like Emily is heading away from us. It looks like it will make land fall somewhere in Mexico. I hope that if it does indeed land there that it'll be downgraded to a tropical storm.

Kate, isn't it always the way when you're about ready to leave on vacation? I hope it slows down for you these next couple of days. My girlfriend was offended by the book also and would not buy it. It kind of piqued my interest when she went on about it. Hope you have a great time camping. Does Abby go with you?

Barb, how was jury duty?

Nikki, you must be busy working on the house. Kate is right, drink..drink..drink! I find myself drinking more water down here. Between hot flashes and going outside in the heat, I sweat like a .

Lucy, that's great you're going to wean yourself off of sugar and white flour. I've read that if you feel headache-y, that's normal when weaning off of sugar. Good luck to you.

Hope you have a great day.
Later,
Ali

Old 07-14-2005, 10:38 AM   #21  

Morning all

It is so hot here, I didn't think it could get any hotter and then it did. The humidity is high, so I suppose that is what is making it feel worse. Anne, I would just go nuts with a water restriction. What does that mean for you? Does it mean no watering of gardens and washing of cars or even more?
Ali, I'm drinking a lot and making a conscious effort to drink even more. I spend more time in the toilet than anywhere else So glad to hear that Emily is not headed your way.
Kate, sounds like it will take a few days of vacation just to put the brakes on and bring yourself to a halt. Hope you have a wonderful time and get to do lots of fun things.
Barb, how is your SIL doing? Did you have to return to jury duty today or "get" to go to work? Either way, hope your day is a better one.
Lucyee, since we just met, I wanted to introduce myself a little. I'm 48, have 2 grown DD's and I'm married to a wonderful man who has somehow been able to tolerate me. I use to be an RN for the VA until I had a little accident and had to retire on a disability pension. I'm now doing some better, but I will never be able to return to that job, which is fine with me, because it was a horrible place. Besides, they are in the process of closing that facility anyway. My DH works there and will be able to retire in a few years. Hopefully, it will remain open until he can go out on a full retirement. My DD's are 27 and 24 and live on their own (yeah ). The youngest one is getting married on Friday, the oldest is looking to buy a house soon. I have 3 cats and an assortment of fish tanks. I love to garden, cook and exercise. I am at 226 lbs currently, use to be 280 and want to be 180 someday. OK, I would really like to be 150, but I thought 180 sounds more reasonable. Well, hope I haven't bored you to tears
Well, better finish up outside. It is so hot. DH decided he was too tired to work on the house today, I was happy to hear that. Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 07-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #22  

Good Grief!

I forgot to mention the biggest news of all! I got my hair cut yesterday I have had long hair for years and it's now just below my ears. DH didn't even recognize me when he first say me. I am not sure I like it, but it's easier to take care of and cooler out in the yard. When I washed my hair this morning, it was like washing a teaspoon of hair. I was sad last night about it. I went to Walmart and kept seeing all these women with long hair and I just wanted to cry. But it needed to be done, I had bleached it to the point it was just cotton candy.
Ok, I'm out of here now Nikki
Old 07-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #23  
Lucyee

Hi! I am just going to jump in and try to catch up, with all of you and your posts, until I get to know you all.
Katey I hope you have a nice vacation. Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to being with all of you, in this group. I am still trying to do lower carb eating and the transition is a little hard, from ww points. I hope I am doing the right thing. I can't believe I am still not sure, which to do. LOL!! I can't do a lot of exercise, as I have a arthritis problem in my legs and joints, but try to walk, as much as I can. Curves is great, I'm told. Also, they have low impact exercises.
Anne, Congrats on your new puppy Toby. He must be so cute and bringng lots of joy to all of you. I have a cat named Ulysses and we love him, so much. He is a pretty mink color. Thanks for welcoming me. Good luck at work.
ALi, Glad Emily is headed away from you. I worry about all the family, I have in Fl. everytime the Hurricane season comes. I love to read too. I read the DaVinci Codes last summer and also, Angels and Demons. Very good, but I didn't take it very seriously. Too me, it was a good mystery novel.
Nikki, So glad to meet you and thanks for introducing yourself to me. I retired about two yrs. ago, from my bank. I was forced to because of a buyout. I haven't adjusted to being home, as well, as you. Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are doing better. I miss getting a weekley pay check. Congrats on your DD's Wedding. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Barb, Sorry that I read your SIL is ill. My Sister, who lives in upstate New York is not well, either. I miss her so much and can't get to see her, as often, as I would like. I wish she was closer. I will remember your family in my prayers and hope SIL feels better. Good luck, on your new job.
Hope I didn't miss anyone. I followed Nikki's instructions to change the color of my text, but my browser wouldn't let me. Web TV computer can be resricted, at times.
Well, have a good day everyone. TTYL. Very hot and humid here, I am not looking forward to going out, but I need to do a little shopping. I gave up my car, when I retired, so it is pain (literally) to walk to the stores. TTYL. Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #24  

TGIF!!!

Nikki, today is the day! I hope the day is perfect for your DD#2 and your almost son-in-law, and that they have a wonderful life together. OMG, I can't get over how much you sound like me whenever I get my hair cut short. I'd see women with long or longish hair and wonder why I did it. Do you like it any better?

Lucy, what type of books do you like to read? I enjoy books that keep me on the edge of my seat. Well, I'll take a cue from Nikki and introduce myself. I'm 56...almost 57. I've been married for 33 yrs., have no children except a furry baby, a 4 yr. old Boston Terrier named Lacee (pronounced Lacy). I weigh 174 lbs., and I'm trying to get down to at least 150. I'm fairly short, and should weigh much less but, I know that ain't gonna happen, my body is not programmed that way. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and I am convinced that all my dieting has brought me to my current weight. I am not following any one plan, I'm making better choices most of the time and I've started exercising again. DH & I just moved to FL last Sept. from NH, where we lived 30 yrs. But, both of us were born and brought up in different towns in MA. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Kate, have a safe trip to the mountains and have a fantastic time.

Anne, you've got two whole days ahead of you to play with that cute bundle of fur you've got.

Barb, how are things going at work, or are you still on jury duty? How is your SIL doing? I hope that things are better for her.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!
Ali
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #25  
Lucyee

Hi! Just stopping by to say hello!
Ali, I love to read Biography's of just about everyone. I also like a good mystery and love story. I also love to read books, that were made into movies. Some of the ones I read recently were older, but they were very good. When I was visiting my Sister, this Spring, I read "Nobody's Fool" which was a movie, that Paul Newman made about 10 years ago. Also, I enjoyed a book called "Brideshead Revisited", which was an old TV miniseries a long time ago. Oh, and I also like real life Murder Mysteries. I do like to watch Court TV. The trials fascinate me.
Nikki, I hope you all have a wonderful day today, at your DD's Wedding. I am sure you will look great, Hair cut and all!
Anne, I hope Toby is having a fun day, today.
Hi to Kate and Barb.
I will post more about myself. I promise.
TTYL. Lucyee
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #26  
Hang In There

AMEN to the TGIF!!!

I made it through my first week.It wasn't bad, but wasn't exactly what I'd call good either. The jury duty was a bust. Sat there all day and didn't even get called for a panel. But at least it was only one day.

It is going to take a little getting used to, this working thing... I felt like I wanted to cry all day Thursday. I think it finally sunk in that I was there and that that was going to be my life for a while. But it could be a lot worse!!!

My SIl is still in the hospital and today they did the bypass on her cartroid (sp) artery in her neck. They say they need to do a heart bypass, but she is not strong enought right now.

Okay, a little about me. I am 48 and married for almost 40 years (it'll be 40 in January) I have two grown sons, MIke age 36 and Mark age 35. Mike has a son Nathan who is 7. Nathan is my only grandchild. I have just started back working in the billing office of a group of Rheumatologist (there are 8 docs now) I have 2 spoiled cats, Odie & Oliver. I weigh almost 300 pounds, and can't seem to get my act together enough to loose it, but I keep trying.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and Katey, have a great vacation!!!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #27  

Yippeeeee...I'm on vacation I've still got a couple things to do around the house, but I don't feel crazed. The worry is that we've had no rain and I don't want our new tree and shrubs to die. Our neighbor will come over and do some watering for us.

Nikki: I bet your new 'do looks fine. You'll get used to it. I hope that your DD's wedding turned out well. Did you shed some tears? I know I will IF my kids ever get married. I'm not holding my breath on that one

Ali: We dropped Abby off at DH's brother's tonight. She was one sad little girl when we left, but she knows them and hopefully she'll settle in. She's never really stayed with anyone else before except DS. I'm missing her tonight.

Anne: The heat has been unbearable...such humidity and they're calling for higher temps next week What a summer this has been! So far there's been nothing said about water restriction except in one town. We're on a well so that's always a little scary when there hasn't been rain. We've had storms around us, but haven't gotten any. Have a great weekend with Toby!

Lucyee: I'm an avid reader too. I mostly enjoy mysteries, but I like historical novels too. I'm taking four books to the mountains with me...one looks pretty scary...don't think I'll be reading that one at night. I'll have to do an autobiography for you when I get back

Barb: Hope your first week in your "new" job went well or maybe you ended up on jury duty. I just got a questionaire to answer for jury duty so I guess I'll probably be getting called again soon. It's been six years.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and a great week ahead. I'll be home on the 24th so will check in then to see how all of you are doing. (Don't expect any weight loss for me...my eating probably won't be too good, but I will walk or kayak every day)

Take care,
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #28  
Lucyee

Hi! I had written my post and somehow, I lost it. Start over, again.
Barb, Thanks for sharing your Bio. Sorry adjusting to work is hard for you. I can imagine how you fell. I have been home for almost 3 yrs. now, and may have to go back to work part time. In fact, I know I have to. I have been looking. I hope I can adjust.
I am 65yrs. old and have been married 33 yrs. I was born and raised in a small town, in Long Island, New York. About 23 yrs. ago, my Dh and I moved to Hobobken, New Jersey. It was a big adjustment for me because it is a small city. I have grown to love it here, though. I was not blessed with children of my own, but I have been a second Mother to all my Nieces and Nephews, who I love dearly. The youngest one is now 17 yrs. old. The family lives in all different states and we all miss each other a lot. I have 3 Brothers and 1 Sister, who is not well, right now. I am able to get to see my Sister, the most, she lives in Upstate, New York. The rest of the family lives in Florida, Colorado, Maryland and Pennsylvania. I am 270lbs. give or take a pound or two. I am trying hard to get back on program and am going to try to start again, on Monday I have wasted so much time, jumping back and forth, from a low carb plan to the Flex Plan on WW. My Dh has had a bout with Cancer, but seems to be holding his own, right now, as I shared we got a good report the other day. I am active, in a couple of Church groups, enjoy coffee with the ladies, but am limited as to where I can go with them because of my leg and joint pain. Some of them are in good shape and can really get around our little city. It embarrases me, that I can't keep up. I have fallen a few times, on cracks in the sidewalk and that only made matters worse, so I am extra careful, and use a cane. I am a very young 65 except for this and it drives me crazy. I am glad to have found this thread and after one week, I feel that I can really share with all of you.
Kate, You are in Upstate NY, as well. I hope you enjoy your trip to the mountains.
Ali, Hope you are having a good day, today. I am going to babysit for my neighbors dogs, this afternoon. They are two white poodles and their names are Suzzie and Andrew, but they get mad, when my friend goes out. So, I hope they behave for me, as I am used to my Cat, Ulysses. Well, enough rambling, from me.
Anne, Hope the Wedding went Beautifully.
Nikki, Have a great Saturday.
TTYL. Lucyee
Old 07-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #29  
Lucyee

HI Everyone, I am sorry I got mixed up about the Wedding. I guess I am having a Senior Moment.
Niki, I hope your DD's wedding is Beautiful. Sorry I got confused.
Anne, I hope Toby is enjoying your family and that you are having a good day, today. It must have been such a surprise to you, that your DD was getting married. ?? Silly me!!Hopefully, I made everyone laugh, anyway. TTYL. Lucyee
Old 07-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #30  

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your well wishes. The bride was simply the most beautiful girl I've ever seen She looked like a princess. The wedding had a few glitches, but it was something to remember. They loved the presents DH and I gave them and then went to a B&B that we like to go to for our anniversaries, for their honeymoon. She called last night and said that she is enjoying the inn very much. It's on the Mississippi and there are hot air balloon races going on over the river, so last night, they were watching that.

Barb, I got a kick out of your bio. You must have gotten married pretty young

Kate, the weather is miserable here, suppose to be 97 tomorrow. It's in the 90's already and I feel like I'll melt when I go out there. The gardens are burning up, even though I water almost daily.

Lucyee, I also have a lot of problems walking. The injury I had was a shattered ankle and it wouldn't heal. I laid on the couch for about a year, and could only get up to go to the bathroom with either a walker or crutches. Now, they say I could have an ankle replacement, but I'm too young. I decided that I will not let it keep me down, even though every step I take hurts. (I too have that balance problem and fall over when I step on a crack, stupid cracks .) First, I bought an airwalker (The Gazelle from Tony Little) it is low impact. I could only do it for 5 minutes at first. Then, after a year or so, I graduated to walking with Leslie Sansone and WATP tapes. I have arthritis in my ankle and both knees. I've found if I exercise first thing in the morning, when I'm really stiff and feel like I can't walk at all, it makes the entire day easier and I can walk longer and better. At first, it hurts alot, but after I get going, the joints get lubricated and it gets easier. I know what you mean about it driving you crazy, it is aggrevating not to be able to do what you use to be able to.

Well, better get to the store. I have to get groceries today. Hi Ali and Anne.
Nikki