Old 07-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Mama,
Went to the gym tonight. It always feels so good afterward.I told hubby I never thought we would spend our Sat. nights at the gym.
I know what you mean about when hubby is gone for the night. Mine is on shore duty now but when he used to out to sea, I tried to find the positive which was I always got more done when he was away.
Well, I am going to read my book before bed. I am reading Dee Henderson books. She has a christian series about military families. She also has The O'malleys series but I haven't read those.
Talk to you tomorrow,
Vicki
?? Where is 70???
Vicki in Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #17  
4 gr8 ones

Not sure where 70 is. The weekend keeps people busy most of the time. Glad you made it to the gym. That's always good.
It's funny you talk about the book you're reading. I've never been a big reader, but just started one when we moved in this new, BIG home, so I have time and space to read. It's The Guardian from Dee Henderson. He's the O'Malley, first one I've read, but I seem to like it.
Talk later.
mamamoore4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:18 AM   #18  

I am reading the Uncommon Heroes Series.I am about finished with book two. It takes me a while because I never get a chance to read because we are so busy.My hubby is cooking lunch for all the guys at his work for tomorrow. The house smells so good. He is making three different pasta dishes. I think he has about 30 people who work for him. He is the better cook in the family. He got his talent from his mother. I bought him a low fat cookbook for father's day. He has made a few dishes but I am usually the one who cooks.
Vicki
Old 07-10-2005, 07:38 AM   #19  
4 gr8 ones

Hi Vicki, it's nice to hear you're doing good. I slept okay last night. I had watched Ladder 49, had been dying to see it. I LOVE John Travolta. I knew what happened and still cried. And it made it worse with my husband about to go work as a fireman.
He'll be home shortly from being gone all night at the fire station and he has to go help his grandparents. I think we'll go with him so we can see them and him and I can do some laundry. I have to do laundry until my water situation is fixed.
But dh has been off this weekend from school but it's like we haven't seen him. So I'll check in later.
Hope all is well.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:52 AM   #20  
4 gr8 ones

Okay where is Cheryl?
Good morning or afternoon to you Vicki. Hope you're doing well.
I slept pretty good, have errands to run after breakfast and then school this afternoon. I'm hoping to fit in exercise BEFORE the kids get up. We'll see.
I'll check in later. Wanted to drop and say hi. Hope your day is well.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #21  

Down 2 more this week.
I'll post more later.
Vicki
Old 07-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #22  

Wink

Hello you two,
I did not post this weekend because I was preparing for a role in a play that we performed at a church banquet this past weekend. We had a lot of fun. Sorry, I was under the impression that we were going to e-mail each other, but this forum is fine. I need to figure out how to get my bar underneath my post. I have already set it up. I just need to figure out how it gets to the bottom. I'll play around and figure it out. Vicki you've inspired me! I am looking forward to 199 as well. I am looking forward to Monday. Friday is my last day with my personal trainer. I have some things to do around the house and I am going to use that money to get new carpet for my living room. I have a gym membership. I will use that more and I will also stay inspired by my fatchick buddies! Have a great day!
70poundloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:30 PM   #23  

I did it! I did it! I figured out how to show the tracker! Now I just need to make the pounds go down!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:01 AM   #24  

You go girl.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:56 AM   #25  
4 gr8 ones

Hey Ladies. Good morning. Glad to see your tracker Cheryl.
Well, I did great yesterday until dinner time. I do good with all the other meals, even with cutting out snacking ALOT and the snacks that I do have are healthy or lowfat, low low fat. Just dinner gets me.
Not sure when I'll get to exercise today. Dh is home today and will sleep until after the kids and that's where my exercise stuff is. Then after breakfast we have to go to town again. I'll figure it out.
Hope you ladies are doing okay. Talk later.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #26  

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday. It will be Monday soon, and I have not done anything significant in the eating department. I need to change soon. I would like a decrease in the scales. Chat with you later.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:58 PM   #27  

Hi everyone. My name is Dianna and I too am in the 200 lb range and would like to get down to about 130. I could use ALL the help I can get! I am having such a hard time getting started. I'm hoping you will let me join the three of you to lend and receive support in losing this weight.
My biggest struggle is after working a full day (at a sit down job), commuting an hour each way, going home to my 3 teenage children (who have metabolism's thru the roof), cooking and cleaning.... I just can't get motivated to exercise. Also, even though I'm only 38, I am in full menopause (due to breast cancer) and it makes the weight loss effort even harder and in fact has caused a 30 lb weight gain the past year. I am hoping that if I feel that I am held accountable to others then that will get me moving.
So, OK girls, I am starting today on this weight loss journey and hope that I can share my progress with you.

Last edited by urbancowgyrl66; 07-14-2005 at 05:06 PM. Reason: [
urbancowgyrl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:53 AM   #28  

Hey everyone.Welcome urban, Sorry I haven't posted lately, I had a Dentist appt yesterday and They gave me something for the anxiety. I slept till this morning.I hope everyone is eating good and going to the gym. I had tennis today. I did not do any exercise yesterday. I have had a hard week this week. I think it was all the anxiety about the dentist. I think I was wanting comfort food.
Vicki
Old 07-17-2005, 01:54 AM   #29  

Welcome UrbanCowgirl! Hello Vicki and Crystal. I cannot believe how many attacks I have encountered lately. Within the last week or so I have been offended by at least 5 people. Whenever I am emotionally upset, I reach for the comfort food that makes it all better. To combat this notion to overeat during hearbreak, I imagined myself sucking a bottle to make all of the pain go away. (Kinda like what babies do). I tell myself that when I look to food for comfort, I may as well go suck a bottle because that is infantile behavior. Well that's my spill for today. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. I'll see you later.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:42 PM   #30  

I hear ya' about the emotional eating. I was just talking about that with my hubby. I am having to teach myself how to deal with things instead of eating. I had a day like that yesterday.
Well, today is Monday for me and I am down three more.
I can taste 199.
Vicki