Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, Diane, did you change your user name? Oh, you must have because it says you joined in August. So how are those little ones doing?

Bonnie2, how did the flight go? I know you were a bit worried about traveling so far by yourself. I would think that August in Arizona might be just a bit toasty so it's not surprising her friends aren't back yet.

You better be back, Bluet!! I'll hunt you down.

Charlotte, how is Brother Jones? I hope he's doing okay. Keeping busy is probably better than having too much time on your hands to think. I'm sorry you're feeling so blue. I hope that things will get better with the business, and everything else. Doesn't it seem like trouble just comes in big waves? *Sigh* Here's a big from all of us.

SunnyD, how did your colonoscopy go? Don't you agree that the before stuff is a lot worse than the actual scoping? Sorry to hear about your tendon, although 17 miles sounds pretty good.

So I've decided that when I get older, I'm going to live near my kids so that they don't have to come up and stay in cheap, noisy hotels if I end up in the hospital. They first thought Dad had fractured his C5 vertabra, but it turned out to be an old fracture, which he doesn't remember doing. He did fracture ribs on the right side, though. His main problem was that the trauma caused his body chemistry to get all out of whack. He was anemic (had 6 units of blood during his stay), retaining fluid, had atrial fibrillation, and his blood sugar, which had been great, went up into the 300s. He's in a skilled nursing facility (read nursing home) now and after calling today, I found out they plan to keep him there for three months. I think that's a bit excessive, and the people at his assisted living facility believe it's because he's a private pay. Medicare will pay for 20 days, but he's got to pay $114 a day thereafter plus retain his studio apt. at assisted living. He's going to be one unhappy guy once he learns that. Maybe it will be an incentive to work hard at physical therapy. I'm trying to find out what his supplemental will pay, if anything, but they won't release that info until I send them the power of attorney. An invaluable piece of paper, that little document.

Oh, have to tell you an amusing story. My Dad was pretty weak so I was feeding him his meals, although he didn't eat much. On the day he was to get out, I asked if he'd like to try to eat on his own. He said no because his right arm hurt. I asked if that was because of the accident, and he said it was because he had arthritis in it. I thought, well, gee, how did he eat at the assisted living? but I didn't say anything, and just fed him. Then on Sunday, after he'd been transferred, I saw him after breakfast, which he'd eaten pretty well, according to the nurse. I asked if he had help with eating and he said that nobody was around so he had to pick up the fork and use it all by himself. Boy, he really played me, didn't he?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:12 AM   #62  

Hi everybody,
Sorry....no time for graphics. I'm making copies of CD's & making the jackets & labels for friends who have a new recording. That makes my computer crawl if I try to do anything else. So.... At least, I'm making a little grocery money. DH is putting in applications. So far....nothing. We've had hard times before, but it still isn't fun. Hopefully, things will be better soon. I enjoy helping with the CD's. I've also been busy with other things, such as trying to get my MIL's pension started (or transferred over) since my FIL passed away. We're wondering if all the work is going to end. Still haven't bought the headstone yet.....haven't gotten to it.

Bro Jones came through alright. The large artery the Dr was concerned about is 60% blocked. There are also others. His Cholesterol is high & borderline diabetic. Plus overweight. The Dr has put him on a strict diet & thinks he can take care of the blockage with medication.......so, no surgery.

Me, on the other hand, has gotten as big as the side of the house! I've worried & stressed...........so I eat!!!! That's how I always gain my weight. I can't seem to get any will power. I hate how I look & don't want to get in front of the cameras. Not vanity so much.......people love to make remarks about weight gain........... It hurts my feelings, when I know I gained because of depression. There's no one to talk to & I sure don't want to put more on DH. I suppose I'll just pray a lot about it. I know I have all of you, but, like I said, I'm going to be busy. I'll try to check out the posts early in the mornings while cooking breakfast. I do love you all so much.

Sheila...that was funny about your dad's eating. He probably wanted a little petting from you. We go back to our childish ways as we get older. I'm glad he isn't hurt too badly, & hope he doesn't stay in the nursing home for very long.

SunnyD...I agree with Sheila on the colonoscopy....I'd gladly have them, if I could skip the "night before"! Hope all went well.

Bluet...thinking of you. Take care.

Diane...thinking of you. Keep enjoying those grands. My great-grand is really growing!

Love you all,
Charlotte
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:14 AM   #63  

Hi all
Yes it was HOT in Az. when they say dry heat or whatever It's still very hot, Didn't feel like walking much. The flights when fine although getting a boarding pass on line the day before for a gate # has its flaws, the gate # was off SO 15 min. before plane leaves I check as no one is at the gate it said,FINALLY I asked at another gate ,she said you double check at check-in if gate has changed. had to get from gate 67 to gate 12 in less than 10 min. now. got on tram at Detroit & MADE IT with only a couple min. to spare. Other than that scare plans went fine. so if you get a boarding pass ahead recheck gate # again at check-ina all.
So sorry Charlotte you're feeling blue. I also eat when feeling low. I pray for a better feeling very soon.
Have to get to work now , have a great or at least good day everyone.
Bonnie2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:10 PM   #64  

Hi, all

Yeah, that "dry heat" stuff really doesn't mean much, IMHO. I think walking to and from air conditioned buildings and cars is all the people in AZ do anyway, Bonnie2. Sounds like you had kind of a stressful time at the airport. I hate it when they do stuff like change gates and cancel planes.

Charlotte, I think most of us can relate to that dang stress eating. I wish I had some sage words of advice, but I resort to eating, too, in times of stress. Even after losing 80+ lbs., the emotional eating still gets me. I guess we just all go back to what we know best and comfort eating is something I know too well! I do hope you can take some time to post about how you're feeling. I know that getting things out really helps me, and we're all here to support you. Know what you mean about going on-air, too, although I was heavy when I was on-air. But when my neuro disorder started to appear, I really hated to be on camera (I was part of a Pets on Parade show for our local shelter), and I quit doing it once my head turning got so bad.

So I'm really worried about my Dad. The person from the assisted living went to the nursing home to talk to him and the case manager. She said that he's not trying to do anything for himself. He won't even button his shirt, and he's become bowel incontinent. He's still hooked up to the catheter, too, which he shouldn't be, and the nurses didn't know anything about taking his hematacrit (sp?). According to the doctors at the hospital, they were going to issue orders to have it checked twice a week. I tried to talk to my Dad, but the cordless phone at the nurse's station wasn't working so I didn't get to.

I'm thinking maybe it's time to just bring him down here whether he wants to go or not. He told the assisted living person that once he gets back there, he'll start doing stuff for himself, but he can't go back there unless he can live relatively independently. She also said that when she told him that "his daughter said hello," he asked which one. Since I'm the only one that talks to him and has ever talked to the people at the assisted living, and I just spent six days sitting by his bed at the hospital, I'm wondering why he asked that. She was wondering if his mental state has been altered, although he was happy to share the details of the accident with her. What would you guys do? Would you go against his wishes and just bring him down here or ??? I'm getting a big headache just thinking about it.

Hot weather has returned for one day only. How's everyone doing?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #65  

Hi Sheila & Bonnie-2,

So sorry about your dad, Sheila. I don't know what I would do in your situation. Has a dr checked him about his mental status? Of course, sometimes illness will cause that kind of thinking.
I'll pray you make the right decision in what to do about him. Hopefully he'll get better soon.
I had forgotten about you being on-air. So, you do know what I mean.

The CD's aren't going too well. They're using too much ink. I love these people, but they are very tight with their money, & expect a lot for very little. I'm going to meet with them at the TV Station today, & probably just give them what I've done. These ink cartridges do go fast & they're expensive...but, I warned them of that.

DH is goine to check on a floor job to get us through this week. I hope he gets it. It'll help for a couple of days.

Gotta go......love you all
Charlotte
Old 08-29-2005, 07:33 AM   #66  

THE ROOF IS FINISHED!!!!

I just had to let you girls know that DH finished the roof! He has worked continually the last two days. With the bad weather coming, he wanted to get it finished. I'm so glad that's over with. Also, we've been approved for a loan to finish the house. I don't know yet, how long it's going to take to get the money...but, that helped our feelings a lot. It'll be 3 yrs in November, & we're both pretty worn out & stressed.
DH has work for the next three days. A pretty good job. Thank the Lord for that. He still needs work after that, so help us pray.

I'm so concerned for everyone in the path of Katrina. I hope you all stay safe. We're very worried for our daughter. They won't come stay with us, this time. She is very sick & doesn't feel up to traveling. They're going to ride out the storm in her MIL's basement. She was supposed to go to Gulf Shores Sunday on a business trip. I'm so glad it was cancelled. Of course, she was sick, but with her job......she has to be on her deathbed, almost, to cancel out on her on.

Just wanted to check in & tell about the roof. I know with the weather, I may be off awhile. Suppose to get rough here by tomorrow....so, don't know what to expect. At least, we're not in southern Alabama.
Stay safe. Love you all,
Charlotte
Old 08-29-2005, 12:23 PM   #67  

Good morning!! It's wonderful to come here and read such good news, Charlotte. I saw that the storm was coming to Alabama, and I was worried about you, particularly your roof. What a great feeling to know it's done, and that you're getting a loan to finish the house. I'm so glad that your DH has work for the next three days. I've been praying that he'll get more jobs, or something steady that he enjoys.

Don't know where the storm is this minute, but hopefully your daughter and her family are riding it out with no problem. They've sure been hit hard by storms in that area.

What happened with the CDs? Did you get them handed over and discuss the ink problem?

My poor DH is trying to talk to a colleague on the phone about some printer problem, and the door installers are installing our new door. What a racket! It will be worth it, however, to have a nice looking door with glass in it for some light in the entry.

I went to bed at 11:30 last night (my usual time), set the alarm for 7:30, and I was wakened at 12:30 by my cell phone. I've started sleeping with it by my bed, and for good reason. The nurse at the nursing home was sending my Dad to the hospital. When the nurse was checking vitals, he noticed my Dad wasn't responding well, and was sweating. Turns out his blood sugar was 44, and then his heart rate started to go bonkers. Dad has a pacemaker so it shouldn't do that. The nurse was calling to say they were sending him to the hospital. I asked which hospital and he said Harborview, the one he'd been at after the car accident. I said NO! Send him to the nearest one, Highline, which is Dad's preference, and mine, too. Too late--by the time the nurse got to the room, the ambulance guys had sent him to Harborview. I was royally ticked, but I guess the preference information hadn't come from the assisted living so I should have said something myself, although I thought I had. I called Harborview ER who told me to call back in 1/2 hour. I mentioned my previous problems of getting information, and the nice woman said to contact her when I called back. I called around 2:00 am, and asked for her, and she actually transferred me to a doctor. The doctor said Dad checked out okay so they were shipping him back. I asked for a blood test, however, and they were going to do that anyway. When I called the nursing home this morning, Dad had gotten back at 4:45 am, but they couldn't find any record of a blood test. Sheesh! So the woman I spoke with is going to call the hospital because the hospital is notorious for not including lab work when they send patients back to care centers. Dang it--someone, somewhere is going to run a hematocrit on my Dad!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! We had what we called a "reconnection" party. Saw people I haven't seen in 12-20 years. Don't know if I want to host a party again (too stressful!), but it was fun chatting with everyone.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:54 AM   #68  

Good morning strangers been a long time since I have been on so sorry.

Great news Charlotte!! I just can't imagine all the stess you have had with your house these past years, you are one tough lady. I hope everything went well with your daughter and this horrible storm. It is unbelievable what damage they can do, I feel so sorry for these poor people.

Sheila hope this finds your Dad doing better. I know it must be frustrating dealing with the medical personnel over the phone, sometimes it is difficult dealing in person...

There has been nothing eventful going on in my neck of the woods, just basically trying to stay cool and loving these babies.

Sending hugs to SunnyD, Bonnie2 and Bluet.

Love you all........
dihyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:48 AM   #69  

Good morning,
Well, it was a rough night, but we made it. Tornado watches out all night, also. It's still windy & raining, but better. Should be clearing up by noon. It's my day off, so I'm going to stay in until time to do "Tennessee Valley Now". We had a lot of closing to announce yesterday....suppose it'll be openings today.
We've been approved for a construction loan to finish our house. I'm hesitant about getting excited....it's just been so long. Three yrs in Nov. since the fire. I'll feel better when we actually have some money in hand. Maybe this will force the work to go faster. DH will have to hire help & that's good. House will be finished faster, & he won't have to work so much. I've worried about him a lot.

Diane....beautiful baby! Love those big blue eyes.
Yes, I've been through a lot...but, it could be worse. I've heard that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Sheila...about the CD's. I'm still working on them. When they saw them, they got excited about the job I had done with the design. They want me to finish. So, back to work.
Paula called last night. They were still in her MIL's basement. She doesn't know any damages yet. They are all safe, & that's the most important thing. She's still very sick.
DH's job grew a little larger, so keep praying. He hasn't heard from any of the applications or resume's he turned in. It's hard for a 56 year old man to find work, other than floor covering. Sure, they say they don't discriminate...but, I'm not convinced of that.
Hey...a new door! Proud for you. It sounds pretty. Everyone loves my front door...it makes me feel good.
How's your dad? I know getting a phone call in the middle of the night is so unnerving! It's also hard to get Drs & nurses to do what you want them to when you are there in person, much less on the phone. I'm sorry you're going through that.
That party sounded great........I get so excited when I see someone from the past.
I'd really like to see a post from SunnyD, Bonnie-2 & Bluet......
HINT.......HINT.......HINT......

Well....I need to go. Hope all have a good day.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:22 PM   #70  

Oh, my, Diane, she is so precious! Her beautiful blue eyes are so big, and all that hair! Are those little diamonds she's wearing in her ears? Hey, did I tell you my son was interviewing for a job in Brownsville, TX? The woman he talked to said it would be culture shock after living in Seattle. He's up for it, though, if the money is right.

Charlotte, I'm glad you're all okay. Did the power go out where your daughter is? Are they able to get back to their own house, and how did it fare with all the wind? It looked like the worst of the storm hit around Biloxi, MS. It just looked horrible. A young woman from Oregon was staying in New Orleans when the storm hit, and she said that she's never going back to Louisiana (she's only 22 so you expect a statement like that). The amusing part was that she said she'd never been a fan of Oregon rain, but she'd much prefer Oregon rain to a hurricane! I'll bet.

I'm glad that the construction loan will let your DH hire someone to help him. It must be difficult, physically and emotionally, for him to work so hard at his job, then have to work on his house after work and on weekends. Wish his relatives would help out more. You know, I was talking to my friend who is a pediatrician, and he said when he was 42, he applied for an academic position at the teaching hospital. The guy who interviewed him actually said that he was too old, and not malleable enough. Too bad my friend didn't have a witness to that statement! Yup, they do discriminate, although I think I'd rather hire someone who has a good worth ethic and will work hard for the next 10 years.

So I PMd SunnyD, and haven't received a response. When I switched computers, her new e-mail address didn't come over. Could someone e-mail her and see what's happening? Hopefully it's just some computer problems.

Bluet, the day after Labor Day is considered the end of summer so we expect you back then, you hear?

Hello to Bonnie2. Hope you're jazzercising up a storm (oops! no more storms!).
Old 08-31-2005, 06:37 AM   #71  

Smile

good mornin,
Isn't it such a shame the hurricane mess? Like gas Isn't high enough already.I start back jazzercise on Monday, looking forward to going back.How are you all doing on your diets? so so for me. I'm a constant snacker lately.
Go to the Dentist today, first since my hospital stay from the abcess going down my neck about 2 months ago. All signs are gone except for the 2 small drain scars.
Must get ready for work after another cup of joe. take care all, especially angel-lover, charlotte,you to Sheila & those not heard from lately Bonnie2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #72  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello!!
Dearest Sheila,
I so appreciate you writing to me! And keeping us all together with your posts!!! I was not able to get in here for all this time - something happened where my password did not work, but it is now !! All set now I am doing well... I had the consultation for the colonoscopy already, but the Colonoscopy is being done on TUESDAY - SEPT. 6th at 7:30am. My father just had his done yesterday and he had a clean scope - all his sores healed up and he received a clean bill of health! I sure hope they tell me the same thing!! I have been feeling well and cannot believe that I have not had an attack since I switched over to this program in March! I have even been able to eat ice cream again on occasion - gained a few pounds back too I am still walking - went 2.25 miles this morning, had to begin Sept. off right. My leg is all better now that I have gotten use to the Orthodics again... feels great in fact!

How have you been? Still doing the work-out contest with DD? I just finished reading your post from Aug 23rd about your father... phew you sure have dealt with allot this month with him. I do hope that he is doing better in that new place. I remember when my father-in-law played us the same way!! Both Joe & I have had turns with feeding him before he passed... so at one time or another when you care for someone - it happens. The care-giver said it was for the attention... feeling lonely and needy. I do hope that your father is doing better after his last bout with the hospital... I wish I could offer you some advice about him. But we were not in the situation you are in - dad lived close to all of us and so he had allot of visitors - even though he told everyone that no one comes to visit him

How many did you host at your *Reconnection* party? I have never heard of such a party - pretty neat!

Hi Charlotte,
I am relieved to hear that Bro Jones is not going to have to have surgery... and that the meds and diet change will help him. I wondered about him when I went to pray for those on my list of prayers the other day. And about you!! Don't worry about your weight gain so much sweetzz... you will gain control again... I do the same thing! I get stressed and eat! But these days, I have been so busy that I have burned allot off, but if I don't control this now - it's gonna catch up with me as the temps get colder and I do less!!! As I told Sheila, I have been enjoying all the foods that were restricted for me now that I have been well & gained back aout 4 lbs... I have been doing my best to rein it in. I think this colonoscopy will give me a great start! I will be so empty on the 6th after the test and hope to make that a fresh beginning as to what I add back into my body again. I am going to go back to my juicing again (haven't been in the last 2 months, jut too busy) - I felt great when I did! Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers that you will be able to stop the devils whispers and gain control over your eating habit once again. When you eat crummy foods you feel crummy too, don'tcha... makes a person wonder why we do that to ourselves - don't it Love you too!!!

That's wonderful that you got your roof all finished and that you got your home loan approved... may it move fast, so you can get your home finished. Did you get hit by *Katrina* at all?? Joe & I were talking about ya the other day - were your ears burning?! We were wondering how your DD and YOU faired up?! I just read you latest post and am so glad to hear that you and your DD are safe from *Katrina*!!! How scary! So your DD still doesn't know what she has left to come home to? I couldn't imagine!!! So very sad!!!

We got hit on Tuesday and part of Wednesday with bits and pieces of *Katrina* and got well over 4 inches of hard rains and some high gusts of wind, but nothing to be concerned over at all --- in fact, this morning when I went out for my 2 mile walk it was absolutely beautiful!! The sky is so clear you could see every single star and the moon was so awesome looking! Nice walk!!

Hi Diane,
What an absolutely *BEAUTIFUL* baby!!! Thank-you for sharing that picture with us!! I was thrown by your new name!! Wasn't sure it was YOU! Bummer that you had so many problems after you got your DSL... what is the company?? I just got DSL in July and haven't had one problem yet! I have SBC-DSL and Luv it!!!

Joe and I have been in a spin of *busy* this summer!! In fact, we just basically ended the summer events with a trip to the amusement park--> *Cedar Point* this past Friday... we went with Joe's sister and her kids and G-kids and our god-daughter, Lisa. What a great day! The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful day!! Then on Saturday and Sunday we spent the days packing, loading and moving Lisa into her college dorm room... teeny tiny room... I don't know where she thinks she is gonna put it all We got her all set on Sunday evening and then we all went out to dinner together. It was an eventful weekend. Lisa wrote to me yesterday missing everyone -- she is gonna be here to visit us this coming weekend. We will all go to the County Fair together... then she'll feel better. Oh... Lisa is going to *Kent* in Kent, Ohio. I think that after a couple weeks she'll adjust and be just fine.

Hi Bluet,
How have you been these days sweetie??!! Pretty soon our new season shows will begin again!!! Can't wait!! I have enjoyed a reality show on Wednesday nights - I think it is titled *Mr. Mom* or something like that... where the mom's get sent away for a week of pampering and the dad's have to run the household and then they are graded at the end of the show... and the father's/families prize is a $25,000.00 College Fund for their kids. Cute, if you haven't seen it yet. I do hope that this post finds you doing well and just enjoying your summer days!! Do stop in and post again soon!!! We all miss you sweetie!!!

Hi Bonnie2,
I am glad to hear that you are just enjoying the summer and jazzercising away... did you have a good harvest? We have a slew of tomatoes like you wouldn't believe! They loved all the humid days we had this summer --- unlike me!! Don't like the humidity at all. Glad to hear that you are feeling well --- luck at the Dentist today!

*~*~*

Well gals...I must be getting back to my chores... I have bill's to pay today oh and I have a list of music I am late in finishing up for September's music at our church and my washer just stopped, so I have another load to add in... a woman's work is never done!! Have a wonderful Thursday!!

Much Love & *Smiles*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #73  

Hey, Bonnie2, glad your visit to the dentist went well. Hope you don't have that particular problem again! You're lucky that your Jazzercise group is meeting on Monday--our health club is closed on Labor Day so I've got to figure out something else to do. Luckily, the weather looks good so I guess we'll go for a nice long walk.

SunnyD, so good to see you! I'm sorry you had such problems getting to the website. So you're going to be spending Labor Day cleansing. I'm sure everything will go well for you. That's so wonderful that you haven't had an attack since March. Don't get complacent, now, and think you can have just a little of this (okay, that's something I'd do, but hopefully you won't!). I imagine you remember all too vividly what it feels like when you do have an attack so you won't be too tempted. Congrats on the super walking!! What's your goal for September?

We had about 10 people show up for the party. You know, people just don't RSVP like they used to so some showed up who hadn't said they would, and some just didn't show up or bother to respond at all. But those who came all had a great time. I looked at photos that my DH took of our guests and thought, wow, when did they all get so old? One guy I hadn't seen in maybe 18-20 years, and I didn't even recognize him. I'm sure I look just the same.

I've been glued to the TV watching hurricane coverage. It's just so awful and unimaginable, and I feel so helpless. Supposedly some evacuees are coming to my state, which will be quite a weathershock after living in the south. The psychological fallout from this is going to be horrendous.

Hello to Diane, Charlotte, and Bluet. Hope you are all doing well. I will be out of town next week--going to Boise to visit my son and granddaughter while my DH works onsite.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #74  

Hi Everybody,

Well, I've had my hands full. Our son had to have emergency surgery. His appendix ruptured. It wasn't a sudden rupture, but what they called chronic rupture. Its been going on for several months...maybe even a year. He had a lot of infection & his appendix had gone behind the colon, being engulfed by his body. I've never heard of this before. He did have an episode in Feb. of his side hurting for about 2 days...then stopped. No more hurting, until now. He has felt bad just about all the time. Probably from all the infection. The dr was afraid of more problems, but, thankfully he's going to be ok. We brought him home today & he's doing fairly well. It's been a rough few days. Finding that we couldn't trust some of the nurses to give pain meds when due, etc., he was never left alone. I stayed from early morning until late night, then his ex-wife (bless he heart) stayed at night. She said she saw I was needing help & he's the father of her children & wanted to help. I don't know what I would have done without her. DH had work for the first time in a month, so didn't have any choice but to stay with it. Of course he was there every chance he had & calling continually. I'm totally exhausted, but will catch up on rest now. I get a treatment Wednesday, if he's ok for me to "sleep" for a couple of days. Paula is coming this evening for a few days on job assignment, so she'll help me. One of my other daughters has been real sick through all of this with cold, bronchitis, etc., & was afraid to be around him. I don't know about the other daughter. She did visit once & called a couple of times. (I'm a little disappointed in her.)

SunnyD...it was so good to hear from you. I hope all goes well with your colonoscopy tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you & praying for you. Glad other problems are looking up.
Our daughter's home wasn't touched by Katrina. They were blessed. She hasn't called to check on her motor home in Gulf Shores. It's well insured & she doesn't want to bother people who are taking care of others less fortunate.
Thanks for the prayers for Bro Jones. He still needs them. His youngest sister died of a heart attack Saturday & they are gone to Louisiana. I don't know what they're going to do at the tv station this week, being so short of help. It'll work out, I'm sure.

Sheila, I hope you enjoy your trip next week. Let us know when you're back. I'm sure going to miss you. Even when I don't have time to post, I can be almost sure that you have & I enjoy reading.

Would love to hear from Bluet.
Hello to Bonnie-2, Diane & all............love all of you.
Charlotte
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #75  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Day Everyone!
I thought I'd pop in and let you all know that all went well with my Colonoscopy! I went on Tuesday morning and faired up rather well with the prep as well... the only thing that bothered me was the deep hunger and thirst I felt on the morning of the test, cuz you cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight the day before. As for the test itself - I asked them not to put me out, I am very sensitive to meds and may throw up. When the Dr did the scope I was awake and saw the TV screen of my insides all nice and a healthy pink and NO POLYPS at all!! So kewl! Doc could see where I have had previous Diverticulitus attacks (infection and fever) and told me that with the changes I have made now it's only Diverticulosis (the potential to be infected, but not) and IBS is something I will have to cope with. But, with my program I have not had an attack since Feb.! I did get sick after I got home - we no sooner pulled into the driveway I whipped open the car door and let it rip! There was nothing but bile on my tummy - hurts! After that I was fine! Today I am just a little bloated still, but feeling fine.

*~*~*

Hi Sheila,
Yea... don't know what happened... but I am fine now I just have been gone. Joe took both Tuesday and Wednesday off to be with me. Wednesday I wanted to go gat-abouting, so we just took off in the morning and spent the day out from shop to shop - store to store just window shopping and dreaming of what we'd like to do with our home IF we ever get up enough $$ It's fun to dream & get ideas!

Oh yes... I will be careful - thank you Sheila. I don't want to end up where I was before, believe me! I still walk just about every wk-day morning (I have put in 8.75 miles so far) and take my digestive enzymes at each meal, watch my *fat* intake and get plenty of rest. In fact, I sleep like a baby these days!

You are so right about the RSVP-ing!!! There use to be a time when people would w/o a problem, but today - they don't RSVP and then they SHOW-UP!! Can you believe that! I personally would hate to host a huge party today or plan a Wedding, cuz it's like pulling teeth to get people to obligate! But it sounds like you all still had a wonderful time!!

Yes... this storm is devastating!! I find that I turn off the TV cuz I am crying all the time watching it! It breaks my heart!! The people and the their pets!! ALL so very sad!!!

I hope you had a good trip to Boise!! (((Sheila)))

Hi Charlotte,
All went well... thank-you so much for all your prayers!!! They worked

I am so happy to hear that your DD has not been touched by this last storm - it is such a tragedy!!!

I hope that all is going well at the station... does Bro Jones know about his sis? Or did she pass while he was gone? I am so very sorry for his loss!!! Thinking of you in prayer while the station is flying by the seat of it's pants!

I do hope that by the time you read this post your DS is feeling so much better!!!!!! What a thing to happen - to have walked around with that kind of infection in his body for all this time!! That poor boy! He is gonna feel so much better after he gets better from this surgery - I just betcha! (((Charlotte)))

*~*~*

Hello's and Hugs going out to all you other special gals out there --> Bonnie, Diane and Bonnie2 - I hope that it won't be too long before we all get together once again! I sure do miss our daily chats here!!! Love and God's Blessings!!!
*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote