Old 07-06-2005, 11:05 AM   #16  

Tuesday I walked for an hour.
listened to my tapes twice.

today, so far, I've been to Curves. Now, onto the tapes and journaling....
princess. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #17  
Haley

Well, I didn't get to the gym yesterday, but today I did an hour on the elliptical and day one of my strength training (upper body) this week. My arms feel like they're about to fall off, but I'm so glad I went!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #18  

Not an impressive day, but I got in a 30 min walk tonight and stayed away from choc and wine. Gotta get back on that bike tomorrow - if my tuchus can take it!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #19  
Looking for Thin

I drank my water and did 25 minutes on my elliptical. I surpassed my exercise goal. Yeah!
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #20  

Default Thursday Morning Greetings

We are so incredible - Just looking at all the challenges met on Wednesday is evidence that we are capable of anything we set our minds out to do.

squiggly
carla
haleys
princess.
and me

If you haven't completed your challenge for the day there is plenty of time. I didn't get to bed until 2:00 a.m. last night so getting up at 6:45 was hard. At first I thought, "I will have to exercise later when I get home." But I know that putting it off is a recipe for not getting to it. I remembered my own slogan "all we have is right now" and thought about how many of you are fulfilling your commitments daily to meet your challenges and post. So I did 20 minutes on the treadmill. Thank you for your sharing and inspiration.

mscat - "All we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week."
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #21  

Thanks, mscat. I'm glad the inspiration works both ways!

Like you, I know (but sometimes "forget") that it's really best not to put off exercise for later. A few tricks from my days as a runner: put on your exercise outfit whether you're planning to start right now or not, you'll be more likely to seize the opportunity when it appears; even if you're not in the mood, start anyway with the understanding you'll quit after 10 minutes if you still don't want to continue - most of the time, the endorphins have clicked in by then.

Today the weather is wonderful: warm and clear and dry with a nice breeze. And I took advantage of it to go for a nice bike ride, 68 minutes in all. Only my second time this summer, and my tush hurts a little less than last time. Now I have to keep it up so I don't lose that "conditioning"!

C
Old 07-07-2005, 10:34 PM   #22  

Tuesday the 5th: 12 minutes on the Elliptical; journaled + listened to tapes twice
Wednesday the 6th: Curves; journaled + listened to tapes twice
Thursday the 7th: sustained, continuous heavy housework; journaled + tapes twice

I've really gotten myself overtired these last few days (hence the absence of my posting). Today while preparing supper I felt as though I would faint (but I did not). I have diabetes and I need to keep close tabs when my activity level changes drastically (I do see my doc regularly -- I don't want anyone to worry.)

I'm thinking that my body needs two days off per week (Sunday and Wednesday or Thursday) in order for my muscles to recover properly. I had also doubled my workout at Curves, and now I'm thinking that was not the smartest move that I've ever made. Friday I'll be back at Curves, this time I'll stick to thier program....
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 PM   #23  

Princess - maybe on the "off" days you could opt for more gentle activity, like a short leisurely walk or bike ride? Or if you have access to water, a deliciously slow breaststroke swim?

Mscat, I already posted my exercise goal, and since it's bedtime I can safely say I met my no sweets/no wine goal as well. Wondering how long I can keep this up...

Last edited by carla49; 07-07-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:09 PM   #24  

Default Thursday Evening Bedtime Thoughts

princess. - I support Carla's advice. Our goal here is to encourage everyone to help themselves be consistent in healthy ways. You are the best judge of what is healthy for you. Feel free to adjust your goals accordingly - perhaps commit to 4 of 7 days on the eliptical or workout at curves (or any combination thereof). I agree with Carla that you can always substitute your regular workout with some other type of movement - a walk, yoga or isometrics. The object is to be consistent for a week whether that consistency means 7 days of the same thing or a minimum of x amount of days of more than one choice. Be committed and healthy at the same time.

Carla - you are generous and supportive in your sharing with us. How lucky we are to have you as a part of our group. How long can you keep this up? I have no doubt that you will last the rest of the week and beyond!

Have a great night everyone.

mscat
Old 07-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #25  
Haley

I just got back from my hour on the elliptical and day 2 of my strength training (lower body). Now, not only do my arms feel like they're going to fall off, my legs do too!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #26  

Default Friday Morning Greetings!

It's Friday ladies and we have 3 more days left in the week to make an impact on our lives and the lives of others in our group.

Thursday accolades go to:
princess.
carla
and me too!

Everyone have a fantastic Friday and let's all be members of the DIN DIN DIN
and the DIA Club -
(Do it Now, Do it Now, Do it Now and Do It Anyway)

mscat
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised, and someday is not a day of the week!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #27  
Haley

mscat, you forgot me! I finished my Thursday exercise and strength training...
Old 07-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #28  
Looking for Thin

I lost 1 pound from last week. I updated my ticker to show the pound lost last week and the pound lost this week. I also lost 3 inches. The exercise is paying off.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #29  

I did Curves, I journaled and I did my tapes.

Thank you ladies for your feedback. I feel as though I'm bieng "soft" on myself, so I appreciate having your insights.

I have a victory that I would like to celebrate with you. After Curves I went to WalMart and was hungry by the time I was done shopping. Instead of anything else, I bought a diet coke on the way out and had my lunch when I got home. This is a major shift in my thought patterns. My customary way of thinking is, I've exercised and I'm hungry I'll grab (then I'd rationalize something that I would regret later).
Old 07-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #30  
Haley

3rd day of an hour on the elliptical and 3rd day of strength training (upper body).