Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:54 AM   #136  
Member w/ messiest house

Those buzzards are apparently as nervous about Dennis as you are -- imagine the angst that would lead a buzzard to consume beer, cigarettes and Little Debbies! I'm sure they were just waiting for the next people to throw trash into your driveway.

What we get in our driveway:
  • styrofoam coffee cups
  • clear plastic sandwich boxes
  • McDonald's bags
Gotta go shower, pack and gerrouda here. We're going to the boat finally. Last night we had a big storm, apparently the remnants of CindyLou. Kitchen ceiling is dripping as we speak.

Speaking of dripping, did you hear about Sugar typing with an ice cream sandwich? Isn't she adorable?

Kiwi
Old 07-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #137  
loves kleenex box art

Now they're saying Dennis could make landfall iin Okaloosa County. That's where I work!!! So it's near where I live.....! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ice cream would make me feel better but the Red Rose tea sure helped.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #138  
Member w/ messiest house

Eek! I thought it looked like it was moving over a bit west. Poopie old Dennis.

We haven't left yet. It's not my fault; I've been packed for ages, DH is slowwwwwwwwww
Old 07-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #139  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Now they're saying Dennis could make landfall iin Okaloosa County. That's where I work!!! So it's near where I live.....! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Noooooooo! Last night we were watching the news and they showed the path of the hurricane and I said to no one in particular, "Peachy lives in the Sunshine State, you know,and she's worried" and dh said "Hmm, and where exactly?" and I looked at the map they were showing and said "Uh...let me see...I think it's right there...where they're showing...the hurricane...heading to. Oh. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

We don't have ANY kind of weather disasters here at all. 'Cept for flooding sometimes, but not at our house.

But you will NOT NOT NOT get hit by this. I will not allow it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Ice cream would make me feel better but the Red Rose tea sure helped.
Tea is a known hurricane deterrent (spell check, please!) You don't see all those English people getting blown around now, do you?
Old 07-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #140  
loves kleenex box art

Thank you, Sugar. I will drink more tea. The power went off briefly. I went outside to move the car in front of the house to protect the windshield and engine and found that branches are already on the ground. Plus a small tree blew completely over and narrowly missed by car. Woulda scratched it is all. But the hurrycane is NOT EVEN HERE YET and it's already awful. I live on the county highway and no one is passing. They're saying on the radio that you need to get your "safe room" ready as the "point of no return" has passed and you should not leave your home. Emergency vehicles will not respond in wind over 45 mph. They'll take your message and get to you when it's safe. It's really eerie.

Sugar when you look at the map, you see a bay next to Alabama, then right next to that another bay that goes parallel to the state. I live north of that up towards Alabama. Blow on that area.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 07-10-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #141  
loves kleenex box art

this is how serious it is WALMART IS CLOSEDDDDD
Old 07-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #142  

We get
1. door advertisements from other people's doors
2. leaves (we are apparently on the low pressure end of the cul de sac).
3. school papers (when school is in session.)

My dead azalea is fending off most anything else. Gotta pull it out sometime today. But it is 89 degrees. Waaaah.

Texas has Hail the size of golf balls (which can break windows and make your car roof, hood and trunk look quilted). and Tornadoes. And Hurricanes in the Gulf.... but here it's mostly Hail and Tornadoes.

I am also drinking anti-hurricane tea and thinking protective thoughts for Cowie.

And I'm going to start a new thread.
Closed Thread