Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #16  
Losing it!

WOW! Plain vodka for all the water, Sher???? I bet those were some "mean spirited" jello shooters! I prefer the ones made with schnapps, they seem to complement the jello well.
YEP! A college boy hitting on me!!!! What was cool about it, he did it within hearing distance of a few of Steve's co-workers. While they were striking out trying to pickup young babes in hardly any clothing, I had my main man on my one side & my "toy boy" on the other!!! LOL! )

Vickster, I wish you would of been here to set Steve straight when we married... I'm like Sher, I do ALL the cooking. If I'm away, they don't eat or they buy fast food...

Shelley, the roast you made sounds really good!!!! What did you make tonight? I have a four ingredient cookbook, I'll look thru it for some idea's.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #17  

Vicki-That is exactly what happened to me. When Mike and I first got together, he said that he didn't like the way I made something, so I told him to make it and from then on, he did all the cooking. That's been about 25 years. Now I have to start all over again learning. Tonight I made chicken leg quarters baked in the oven with a coating of something that was delicious. It was some kind of seasoned coating with only 36 calories per 4 tsp and no fat. I skinned the chickens, then marinated them in FF italian dressing. I let them sit while I ran. Then I dipped them in the coating and baked for 1 hour. It was wonderful! The girls loved it and of course Mike said it was okay.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:26 AM   #18  

Yay!! I'm off for today and next week! I am planning on running some miles everyday, then doing some type of yard work except for Thurs when we'll be in Tampa. I'm off to do about 5 miles now.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #19  

It's raining~it's raining!!!

We're leaving to go on our vacation this afternoon. Our plans have changed yet again, but they're set in stone now (I hope--I've already made hotel reservations!). This afternoon/tonight we're driving to Dickson TN--a little "town" between Jackson and Nashville. We're getting up early in the morning and driving to Lynchburg, to go through the Jack Daniels dystillery, then we're driving back up to Nashville to look around and sight see. I don't know yet where we're staying Saturday night--I just though we'd stay whereever we land. We're bringing camping gear, just in case.

On Sunday, I have us spending the night in Asheville, NC. We'll probably spend a couple of hours there During the day on Monday, then camp Monday night in the Smokey Mountains.

Driving from where ever we are on Tuesday morning across Georgia and Alabama into Mississippi to a little town called Bruce, where there is supposed to be a Confederate merchandise store. That's where Stewart will spend the bulk of HIS money! Spending Tuesday night in Savannah, TN, then getting up on Wednesday and going to Shiloh, the Buford Pusser Museum and whatever else is interesting there.

Driving home on Wednesday, from Savannah, TN. Probably get home around dark-ish.

Anyway--those are the plans!
Old 07-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #20  
Losing it!

Cheryl, have fun on the trip! You guys can call this your honeymoon! Have a blast & check in with us when you get back!!!

Shelley, enjoy your time off of work next week, you deserve it! How is the cooking going??? I made the WW caramel apple salad yesterday along with some marinated grilled chicken breast. I found some turkey cutlets and am going to steal your idea of marinating in the FF italian dressing and coating with the baking crumbs. I wish I had Dee at my house to cook! I worked in the kitchen all yesterday afternoon! YUCK!

I purchased some yummy clementines at the store yesterday. I peeled and bagged so now all I need to do is reach in the fridge. They are so good!

For motivation, check out the living maintenance section. I love going there and reading everyones story about reaching goal and realizing even at goal, we all still are challenged to stay on the right track.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Love, Gayle
Old 07-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #21  

Gayle-What's the name of the 4 ingredient cookbook you have? If the recipes are healthy, I might want to get one.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #22  
Losing it!

Shelley, it is titled Emily and Linda's four ingredient cookbook. Mine is old, dated 1990-91. I went to their site and they have others listed. http://www.fouringredientcookbook.com/
Most of the recipes are pretty simple and could be adapted using lower fat/lower calorie ingredients. I had forgotten I had it until you mentioned wanting help with the roast.

Big plans for the 4th??? We mowed and did yardwork today so we can take the 4th off and be lazy. Tomorrow we are swimming and cooking turkey burgers on the grill. We will do fireworks in the evening.

Everyone have a safe, happy and healthy holiday!!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:13 AM   #23  

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!

Have a happy,fun & safe day!!!!!!

We're going to Debbie's for a swim party & cook-out!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:04 AM   #24  
Losing it!

Where is everyone????

Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend!!!

I'm looking at purchasing a GOOD pair of walking shoes. Checking out reviews on the net and looking at different brands. My shoes are new but just not the right kind, they are making my little footsies tender. LOL!
Old 07-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #25  

Gayle-I've been around, just haven't had much to post about. Make sure you go to a specialty store to get the correct shoes for you.

Becky and I are leaving this afternoon for Tampa, and will be back tomorrow night. I am renting a car to make the trip.

I got my front door painted yesterday. I spray painted it brick color, but it looks more red. Now around the door looks old and s$#%ty!
Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #26  

Well i posted yesterday but today see it no where in site...Oh that's way it goes.

We had a fun wk/end and relaxing one just the two of us the daughter was gone with the boyfriend and it gave us time to ourselves..Don't happen often enough.

But in a funk b/c my youngest sister has been in town for 3 wks visiting her in-laws and friends now do you think she could have made time for her older sister even for a half a day but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....She called today to cancel out of plans we made and this is not the first time she has done this to me...Question is should a be hurt your D*** right i am and can't understand what i do to make people do that to me..The only reason i don't tell her off or whatever is b/c of our Mom, she is slowly losing reality and my sister goes and sees her every other day and only way to find out how mom/dad doing.....Families can be so disappointing...I always felt i was a nice sister and friend...Maybe i better look at myself again.

Well pity party over so better get off..
Old 07-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #27  
Losing it!

Vickster, don't let the actions of your sister get you down. I KNOW you are a decent person, it is her LOSS. I have a brother and two sisters who treat my mother, brother and me like poo-poo. I tried getting along for years and have finally came to a realization: it is THEIR problem. I can't help it if I'm related to them...I do know I would never pick them as friends. in my situation, it is better if we do not have any contact. I do feel you need to let your sister know she hurt you, maybe she just assumes all is well.

Shelley, I tried a store today and the sales person told me there is NO difference between a running shoe or a walking shoe. This is not what I'm reading on the net. Sooooooooo, all of you runners/walkers, give me input please!!! BTW: So far I am leaning towards the New Balance or Asics brand.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #28  
Janice

Vicky - don't let your sister get you down. It sounds like you have done all the right things and it is her loss. I bet when she needs someone you are the person she come to because she knows you're there for her. I have a brother that I don't hear from, but I know if he needs me he knows I'm there for him. We just live different lives and don't have much in common.
It is pretty quiet around here, I think because everyone just has soo much to do. I have been on a low carb diet for the past four days. I usually follow weight watchers but lately I keep falling off the wagon. I am very addicted to sugar. We low carb there is no sugar so the cravings go away. I'm going to follow this for two weeks and then switch to WW without any sugar.
Dee: Great weather isn't it sure beats snow
I have lost 3.5 pounds in the first four days, I will keep everyone posted how this works out.
Hello to all the Floozies.
Janice
Old 07-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #29  

Janice-Good going on the weight loss!

Looks like Dennis is heading near us, so here we go with the boards again. Guess they'll stay up all summer. Went to Tampa yesterday to visit colleges. I'll tell you about it later.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #30  

Janice that picture scared the crap out of me. Are you trying to remind me only about 15 more weeks til snow. Yuck I hate reality.I guess that is why I run away from it in winter and spend as much time away from home as I can. Congratulations on the pounds down. Sometimes we need to make changes with our diet if we aren't if it isn't workind. You did a wise choice. I also love my sugar. I know if I take it out of my diet and just eat fruit I don't crave it any more. But the way I figure it, it is one joy in my life that isn't take away from the pain that I have so I have my dessert everyday. I enjoy every bite. The good thing about it is I haven't gain weight I am down 9 pounds since I was in the hospital.

Gayle do what Shelley says go to a pro store for your runners. There is a difference in walking and running shoes. Everyones feel are so unique so for me to suggest what works for me may be the wrong shoe for you. Having said that, I do like new balance though.

Vicki I agree with Gayle. Talk to your sister and tell her you are hurt. She may not have a clue.

Shelley are you getting any rain from Denis? Do you think that you are in danger again?

Sherry I am worried about you. Where are you? I know it is summer and we tend to post less but it isn't like you not to post. Are you ok? I love you.....{{{HUGS}}}

Yesterday was my umpteen visit to the doctor this year. He has ordered another ct scan to see what is happenning to my back. The pain has been getting worse over the last few months. I am so fed up with hurting all the time. It is hard to have pain most of the day. Even though I am on heavy duty narcotics the pain is still there and with side affects. It just feels like this is never going to end. The doctor keeps asking me if I am depressed because when ever he asks me about how the pain is I cry. I am so sensitive to talking about it. I sometimes wonder if I am depressed because this injury has changed our life. It is a big decision if I want to get in the car and go for a ride. Is the ride worth the pain or not? Do I want to take the extra narcotics so I can make the ride? So you see it is tough being housebound most of the time. Not only that I am not able to do a lot of the things I enjoy. So for now being summer I am not going on any more meds. Come fall we will see how I am doing. The doc said that the chronic pain can cause depression and the depression can cause pain, so it is a visious (sp??? excuse my brain for being dead) cycle. So that is the scoop.

Yesterday Dez had a house warming party for Larry's side. She invited everyone. Larry has two sisters and a brother near by plus their families. She was expecting a show of 19 of them coming. Everyone said that they would probably make it. Guess what beside us, Jason and Ashley were there and Larry's mom, plus Larry's step dad and step mom. No one else came. I was disappointed for Dez because everyone indecated that they would probably be there. Larry's family put some money together and bought her a $20 lamp a 12 pk of kraft dinner and a dusting cloth. Larry's step parents gave her $50 plus about $200 or more of avon products. Step mom sells avon. Our non blood relatives Larry's step parents are family because Larry's Dad married Baba got divorced and we kept our Baba. She remarried and we adopted Papa. They are more like family than Larry's family. We are so lucky to have them. They give so freely from their hearts, they have no more than the rest of them. It made Larry's family look so cheap. Enough complaining having said that now you know why I am not close to them.
Well I got to go and do something before the sun sets....lol I hope that you all have a good day.
Closed Thread