Old 07-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #61  

By the way.... the good news is that I didn't gain any weight while I was on vacation. I just weighed myself this morning and am still at 155 (lost 10 pounds now), even with the TOM coming up pretty soon. Yaaay!

Deb
bikerdeb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #62  
Movin' right along...

Where Is Everyone??? I Miss Yall!
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #63  

hi Deanne,
I'm here! Just getting caught up on stuff since we got home from camping. My younger son called late last night while we were sleeping, said that his car had been broken into and his radio stolen. He was at a local movie theater when it happened. They broke a smaller rear window to get in and unlock the door. (grrrrrr) He didn't mention it last night, but I saw the police report in his car and it said they also stole his drivers license. :-p So, needless to say, he's pretty aggravated.

Deb
Old 07-20-2005, 02:41 PM   #64  
Movin' right along...

Awww...Im sorry Deb. That would probably aggravate the **** out of me too. How is everything else with you?

Things are good here. Just getting back into the groove of things. Im looking for a job. Its a long process. Oh and we're moving this week to new villas. Im so excited!

Well, talk with you later. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Love,
Deanne
Old 07-22-2005, 12:35 AM   #65  

Yeah, it was pretty aggravating. They also stole his wallet, which for gawd knows what reason he left in the car. So he has to go get a new drivers license. And his debit card was in the wallet, so he had to let the bank know right away that it had been stolen.

Other than that, things are going okay. I'm having a graduation party for my son on Saturday, so trying to get ready for that. Also, trying to tie up loose ends before I start the vet tech program on August 22nd. I've got to get a couple tests done (EKG and chest x-ray) before the first day of class.

And, we'll be going on another camping trip in about a week. So have to get clothes washed and get ready for that too. We're going to Sturgis, SD for the motorcycle rally there.

How are you?

Deb
Old 07-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #66  
Movin' right along...

Wow you seem so busy! Vet tech sounds like fun. That is right up my alley. I have been looking into it. Something to go back to the States and do.

Nic and I are moving into the new villas on Tuesday. We went to look at them today. They're HUGE! They're 2 stories, 3 living rooms, 3 bedrooms. We get the master bedroom so we have a california king bed in it. They have a clubhouse in the compound. It has a wet bar, a big screen tv, leather sofas, a kitchen, and get this...A GYM!!! No more excuses. Its 15 feet away from our villa. They have a treadmill, stationary bike, 3 of those bowflex thingys and a yoga area. Theres a big pool that I can exercise in too. Its awesome!! Im a little scared of who our roommates will be. Im sure it will be ok though.

Hows your diet? Mine is not so good. Im not that unhappy about it though. I know that I will get back on track. Im just enjoying life right now. Im using Tuesday as my "get back on the track" day. I will ease my way into it between now and then. On Tuesday, its FULLY on track. Im going to try to set up an exercise time for each day at the same time. That way, Im on a good schedule.

Ok chick...I hope everyones ok. No one has been posting. Maybe Ill send an email to Lynn to check on her.

Love,
Deanne
Old 07-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #67  

I am kinda busy, and I know it's only going to get worse once I start school. I spent the day planting some perennials that I'd bought while we were gone camping. The impatiens that I had planted previously went belly-up cuz of the heat wave and drought we're having here in IL. So, I'm hoping that once these perennials get established, they'll do better. I picked ones that were considered more drought and heat tolerant (i.e., black-eyed susans, columbines, russian sage).

Wow, the villa sounds so cool! You'll have to take some pictures and share them with us, so we can see what it looks like.

My diet has been going pretty well, slow but good. A bunch of people were commenting to me last night that they could really tell I'd lost weight. This is the first time that I've seen my change in eating affect the belly and butt area so quickly. This South Beach Diet is amazing for that! My stomach is nearly flat again, which is the first time in a looooooooong time. I think I've lost 10 pounds but won't weigh myself cuz my blasted "Aunt Flo" (the monthly curse) just came. :-p

Yeah, nobody else is writing here. I guess they're all busy doing summer things huh? Hope everybody is ok!

Hugs, Deb
Old 07-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Default Trying to keep my head above water...

Okay, so I'm not sure where I am right now as far as healthy eating and exercising goes. The last few weeks have been pretty intense in some ways, and for a few reasons, my body is just not doing well. I have been having to try to avoid sugary foods, including natural sugar, so some of my "staple" foods have been less- and not-allowed. Even like milk products and fruits. I feel out of control eating-wise, though I'm not eating any junk food (of the sugary variety). My birthday is Friday and I was hoping to be to 147 or at least 150, but with all that's been going on (including a whirlwind 4-day trip to San Diego last weekend) I'm totally off track and a little discouraged. I'm at like 154 or something, and TOM just started, and I just don't know what to do. The same physical problem has kept me from exercising much, though I did it twice last week finally, and I'm going to try to get in 3-4 times this week. I need help!
(and Deanne, where are you? You haven't e-mailed...)
Thanks, and sorry to sound down. I'm going to re-commit to come on this site everyday, hopefully it can help my motivation.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:12 PM   #69  

Hey Sara, I know how you feel as far as being a little out of control. I'm trying to follow the south beach diet as well, but it's been iffy at best the last 3 weeks. Summer is hard for me, it's birthday season in my household. Kenzie turned 5 on July 14th, I'll be 33 on Wednesday, then we have Sid 10 on August 22, our anniversary on August 24th .. September we just have one birthday on the 26th (Paige will be 13!!!) and October we have Bailey (she'll be 8) on the 22nd and my hubby on the 24th...
And exercise is almost non existant with the weather. I get up at 7 am and it's to hot to even go walking then. It's so humid you can't hardly breath outside... at 11pm yesterday it was still 87.. so my walks are difficult to get in. I know i can work out inside, but to be honest, I hate working out alone and I was counting on forcing the other Kim to go with me lol..
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #70  

Ok ladies... where is everyone!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Default Blah

I'm here. And I worked out yesterday. My younger sister will often come up and meet me there, which is motivation for both of us. I shouldn't have weighed though, on the first day of TOM. I'm up 3 lbs from Friday! And I was not bad this weekend. Not wonderful, but not bad. Even though I know it's not "real" weight it's still discouraging... sigh. I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days. Drinking lots of water today, and working out after work at the gym... hope everyone's having a good day!
(Kim, birthdays are the worst for trying to stay on plan. I'm glad we won't be home for my birthday Friday, so no one will feel compelled to make me a cake which I can't eat. I'm sure we'll eat out though, so that won't be healthy... hmm.)
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #72  

I'm here too. Got results back from bloodwork that I had done for the vet tech program. I found out that I'm hypothyroid, hypoglycemic (I knew that already), and may have gallbladder problems. I have been feeling really tired and mentally foggy lately but thought that was a perimenopause thing. I went for an ultrasound of my gallbladder this morning, and will have to wait 3-5 days to find out whether or not it'll need to be removed.

I was a little bummed out yesterday after finding out about my thyroid and gallbladder. But at least it explains why I've been feeling so tired and mentally out of it for awhile.

It's been REALLY hot here too. We finally got some rain yesterday, and the temps are going to cool down to the mid-70's tomorrow. But then it goes back up to the mid-80's after that. Its really not the heat that stinks though, it's the humidity. :-p

Sorry, guys... I'm still in a whiney kind of mood I guess. :-/

Deb
Old 07-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #73  

80's I'd love the 80's lol... we're boardering 100 still, its been this way for almost 2 weeks now. With the heat index it feels like 110 outside so it's brutal if you try to get out in the heat for any amount of time.
I never weigh in the first 3 days of my period. It's just awful how much weight you gain just in water retension. I'm due to start in a few days myself.. boy i wish i could just skip it totally but then i'd have to do something drastic like surgery lol.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #74  

Yeah, 80's is MUCH better than the 90's (and even 100) that we've been experiencing. The only thing that I wish would go away is the humidity. We had a couple days where the temp hit 100, with 110 heat index, and it was miserable. Hope my brother-in-law is enjoying the pool that we gave him.

Deb
Old 07-28-2005, 04:48 PM   #75  

OK, where is everybody? I just got done planting some more flowers in front, and now I've got to get packing for my trip to Sturgis on Sunday. Got a list of other stuff to get done too before I leave.

Just thought I'd pop on here to see how you're all doing.

Deb