Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Mindee! Long time no hear. Glad you had the time to check in though, have been thinking about you and wondering how things are going. Do hope you guys get the apartment-nothing like having your own place. How fun is that, Brandon learning how to swim. And now you have me curious if you are having a boy or girl. Well, take care and check in when you can.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:52 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Hello!

Cristi--I'm the same when it comes to working out in a circle. That doesn't appeal to me. I like being able to workout on my own and just forget that there is anyone around me. This girl at work is a real outgoing talker, and I think it would be perfect for her!

Mindee--Post when you get the chance.

Terri--OMG!! That's HOT!!!!!! Thank goodness you have a pool! I'm not good w/heat. I used to ride around town a lot back in the day and a couple times I've passed out from heat exhaustion and I even had tons of water! I'm a weakling!

Angie--I'll help if you'll help! We did some rearranging in our house, but we didn't eliminate any clutter!! We seriously need to go through some of our boxes....I'm tired of it taking space we could use, plus, we don't need something that's stored in a box and never seen! Junk.....lots of Junk!

Susan--I would have done the same. Maybe after his visit you two can really talk in person about what to do. It'll give you some time to really connect. Over the telephone is just not the same.

Hello to everyone I missed!! Where you all at.

Well I'm feeling sluggish today. My tummy aches from TOM, which puts me in a icky mood. I need to clean up and head out early. Meeting up w/a friend from work to go shop for a wedding gift for another co-worker who just got married on Saturday.

So I better get going.

Talk to you all later!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to pop in for a few minutes to say hi. Katie has been using my computer for a project since it's so much faster than hers, and since I've had so much to do anyway, I haven't been online much. Too many posts to catch up with now, lol.

Temps here are right at 100, and the heat index is way over that!! Katie and Kayla are doing my housework now to earn some of the Chicago expense they had, lol. Tomorrow I go get my hair trimmed and colored, plus lots of shopping to do.

Be good and I'll see ya later.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #34  
RosieKate

Hi all---
me so stoopid today... I gave blood yesterday, but then thought I was Wonderwoman or something today because I tried to go to step class this morning. After 10 minutes I thought I was going to pass out, and have been a little dizzy ever since. Did I think my body wasn't going to miss that pint? I can't believe how dumb I was..good thing I left before really passing out...not good aerobic etiquette, haha

Lotsa sushi haters 'round here, but I must confess I love it all....raw and everything. I never get to go out for it because of the expense and because DH can't stand it.

Still getting ready to pour concrete...what an interminable process. I manage it by hitting the gym and knitting...so far no stress eating, yay! The rough-in plumbing finally was set up today, so over the next few days we should be able to get the inspections we need and next week they pour.

Will try to get back for some individuals...sounds like everyone's dealing with some HOT weather...here not so much. The sun did come out todayand I guess it is supposed to reach 80-something.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ya know I think the gold room should get some wall paperboarder,,,that has gold and other colors,,,and then get some table covers (solid color) to match the other colors on the boarder...some pictures perhaps. Flower pots on each table or on the floor...perhaps some big plants? Geesh not like I have enough to do then to be thinking about decorating your room Susan...lol
kidding, I started trainging for that job and OMG I feel ovewhelmed...did I mention Im not a receptionist? But right now I am one....*sigh

Terri, we finally stopped raining early this morning,,,its nice and hot now..
And OMG the mosquitos are bad!! My new perfume is Woods off...

Cristi, what color of blue? I personally think you and I would have too much fun together if we lived close by.....
I do wish we were all closer ...

Well school is officially done in our household...
my cousin Tanyia is coming for the long weekend,,,and my house is total disaster. Brandon is going to be upset wtih me cause I would be on him like white on rice when he gets home,,,he has too much junk laying around and needs to clean his old room which is now our spare room.

I ate pretty healthy today,,,need to drink my water. Hard to drink water when there is so much rain...

Cristi, was thinking,,,why now start a business where you are a gopher for the business people...personally that is,,,picking up dry cleaning, groceries, paying bills...and charge them a certain about of $$ per hour? Cause I figure your already out there...why not get paid?

well Im off to try and finish my book...
Old 06-30-2005, 06:33 AM   #36  

Good Morning Ladies---

Jane--Let us know how you like the hair once you get it done. Are you going for lighter as the woman suggested??

Katy--I felt like passing out just thinking of you! At least you were smart enough to get out before you did pass out. Give your poor body a rest. Can't wait to see photo's of your finished yard.....you will post photos won't you?

Angie--I wish we all lived closer too. But heck...we all need schedules to where we're not always on the go too! Susan & Katy live only 2hrs away and I have yet to meet them! Must do that sometime soon.

Well....I have to say that I had a "no-no" today for my lunch. I packed my lunch today and brought water, banana and a PBJ sandwich. But I also walked over to DQ and bought a milk shake. Was calling my name!!

Feel slightly guilty about it...but I think I'll get over it!

Need to work out in the morning. Need to go to bed, Still feeling blah, so maybe some sleep will do the trick.

G'night girls!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:45 PM   #37  
One day at a time

Good afternoon chickies

Not as hot today but still hot. Where is the rain? I'm looking and waiting for it. So much for the weather men-sometimes they are just too far off.

Angie~I thought about doing that before but decided I really don't care much for running around and shopping for myself much less for someone else. Really need to find somewhere else to buy groceries as I am getting to where I hate going to Wal-Mart. Like your ideas for the gold room-pretty it up. Can't remember the exact name of the blue, but it is kind of a med. blue and we are going to do the stripes-I love the way that looks. Forgot to say WTG to you yesterday for your day of clean eating!

Marti~yeah, the ladies that I have seen go there are pretty outgoing. I just feel so self-conscious about people watching me exercise I'm not sure I could do it. Now if everything was in a line and I could hide in the back that would be fine! LOL Don't feel guilty for having one shake-you didn't go overboard and I think it is okay to treat yourself once in a while.

Katy~that must have been a little scary. I've never given blood because I am such a big chicken when it comes to needles. The one time I got up enough nerve to do it they wouldn't let me because it was a few weeks after I had had surgery and something about the meds I had taken still being in my system. Glad you didn't pass out though. Hope you went home and got something to eat and drink and sat down for a while.

Hi to everyone else

Well, I did manage to get ALL my water down yesterday! And am working on it now also. Not so great eating day and got sidetracked with other things and didn't get my walk in either. Going to try and get one in later this evening. I have got to get a pedometer tomorrow while I am out and about. I am so curious to see how many steps I get in in a day. It seems like a lot going up and down those deck stairs and going in and out the front door moving the sprinklers. I'm making a note right now so I don't forget. Anyway, need to get going. As I was leaving this morning my new comforter & quilt came so need to get that on the bed and the valances up to surprise V when he gets home. I went with blue but it has the mauve, burgundy, pink and green colors in it that I like with some white in it also. Think it will look nice once the room is painted. Also, need to get a couple loads of laundry done and make a run to Hallmark to get some cards. My Aunt and Uncle are having their 40th wedding anniversary this weekend-WOW! Wouldn't that be nice to be married that long-to the same person of course. Anyway, gotta run.

Take care and have a happy Thursday!
Old 06-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #38  

Hello ladies--

Cristi--We don't have a Superstore Walmart here...but they're trying to expand the one in Eugene.....still would be too far to drive for groceries. But I like the idea!
WTG!!! on getting the water down! I've been trying. I'm not doing so well w/that. But today is another day. If only we could have water while we worked at the computers at work....but that would just be nasty!

Not much on my agenda for today, just laundry catch up! Got a load going right now.

I'm feeling really tired lately and I've been sleeping pretty good. Whats up!?

Better get moving!

Chat w/you all later!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:56 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

Just saying hi...

I made 147! yay.......I was broke all week so no money to eat.....lol

Have an interview for Tuesday with the residential property management company!

I still need to get the other part time 3 bedroom townhouse......that position closes on Tuesday, so - cross fingers- I will get an interview next week on that too......it all has to come together somehow

Rocky comes on the 24th!! He will be here for the court trial- so that is cool.

better get!!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #40  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,

Cristi, I ahve been thinking that I would like to start a business of being the gopher, for all them busy rich people who need that extra person to get all those small things.
I know that when I worked full time and had both boys running in different directions I had to drop a few things and schedule around other things,,,then had to pay penalties for late stuff...Would of paid someone to go grocery shopping for me,,,and brought it home and put it all away...

Susan, got my fingers crossed. yay for Rocky coming for a visit.

Had my Dr. appointment and she agrees I need a hysteroctomy. Don't know when though , have to do the ultrasound thing in 2 weeks....

anyways better run night all
Old 07-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

It's July!!

Angie - there is such a business around here, and they call themselves Personal Assistants. They even do Christmas shopping for people, lol. I think it would be a great thing to do, and even thought about it myself back in the days when I was thinking about working again. People will pay top dollar for such a service. Go for it!! Let us know when you know more about your surgery. They do so many surgeries on an outpatient basis nowdays - is yours one they can do like that? Seems like you would need a few days in the hospital, but you know how fast they ship the patients home. I'd rather be home anyway, if it was me. Btw, your party sounds like it was lots of fun! Always good to see family, and I'm glad Brandon had a great time. Yay for good eating, btw.

Cristi - your new comforter sounds really pretty. Did you get some rain yesterday after all? We had a doozy of a storm with high winds and lots of thunder and lightening. Didn't produce much rain, though, and we need more for the melons. Yay for you getting all your water down! I know what a struggle that is for you.

Marti - yay for the good weigh-in. And a milk shake once in awhile can lift your spirits! Well, my stylist went a bit lighter with my roots last time, and neither one of us really liked it, so she darkened my new roots and the old ones back to where they should be. And I had only a little trim, since I like my hair to be long enough to pull back off my nexk in this gawd-awful heat. So you're tired and not sleeping well? Are you pregnant?? Oh wait... I think you mentioned TOM??

Susan - aww, I'm sooooooo glad you and Rocky are working it out!! The 24th will be here before you know it! I'm glad you're back to 147, but starvation is not the right way to go about it, sweetie. I know how it is, though. There're've been times in my life too, ages ago, that I was really hungry because I had no money for food.

Terri - glad you're getting settled into a new summer routine. Have fun with the kids!

Mindee - as soon as you get a new apartment, send me the address, ok? Hope you're keeping cool and feeling well, hon.

Katy - I love how you're channeling stress to knitting and working out. I know this is the year you're going to make goal!! I'm just glad you didn't pass out in the gym, and btw, you're hardly stoopid!! You're one of the brightest gals I know, toots.

Lisa - yep, you can get lots of weight loss support here. Just pop back in and share your day with us.

Now that I feel all better, I've been working on getting my July 4th party menu underway. We're having a cookout, and since Mary and Gina both have so much going on, I told them I't take care of it. Neal always lights a big bunch of fireworks after dark, and we all have a great time.

I'm doing well with the food and water, but was given a solid wood TV armoire for the living room, and I had to rearrange the living room to use it. Long story short -I had to take down the gazelle. You'd think I must have a place somewhere to put it, but I honestly don't. On to plan B, I guess. Curves would be right up my alley, because I'm very outgoing and love to visit and chat with others - a circle would be great for me - but I found out that the one in town closed down. Also heard that their exercises are horrible on knees? I'd rather have something I can do at home, anyway. I think I'm going to find out what exercise shows are on TV in the AM.

Have a good day, and I'll see you later!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:33 PM   #42  
One day at a time

Smile

HAPPY CANADA DAY !
to our Canadian Jaded Ladies

Jane~we didn't get any rain yesterday even though I prayed for it! We did however get a thunderstorm early this morning that woke me up. We too were really needing some rain, you should see everyones lawns around here. Ours hasn't done so bad but then I have been home making sure of that-hate to see our water bill! The water is a struggle with me and I think always will be. But I figure if I can get 1/2 of it down and then drink two big glasses of iced tea that is good for me. It's more than I have ever drank so some is better than none I guess. And I don't mind the visiting & chatting with the ladies at a place like curves-I just don't want to exercise in front of them! LOL

Marti~I have been carrying the jug around with me and while I am cooking rather than drink a diet coke I have been reaching for the water. The advantage to that is that it fills me up and I eat less. And you are right-Today is another day! Sorry, you are feeling so tired. I would say maybe it's the heat because that is what this heat is doing to me but you guys aren't having the icky hot weather we are.

Angie~that would be a good job to do because I know they have a few people that do that around here, especially during the holidays. There was a lady who was on the news last year and I have seen ads in the paper. They also have a couple of ladies who fix meals for people who are too busy to cook after a long day at work to freeze and pop in the oven or microwave. They work with you on the menu you want. I've heard that one is a bit expensive though. But wouldn't it be nice to have someone else do your shopping, cooking and cleaning for ya? I know I would love it!

Susan~WTG on making it to 147! I have to agree with Jane though it is not the best way to get there but sometimes we can't help it. I know it has worked for me in the past and I did keep the weight off until I got married. What is up with that? Working on getting it off again though and keeping it off-no excuses! I am keeping my fingers and sending good vibes : your way in the hopes you get the interview and the job! Glad that Rocky is coming to visit and as fast as these months are flying by, the 24th will be here before you know it!

Hello to everyone else!

Had to run to Target this morning and get a couple of things which they didn't have. I needed two basic curtain rods to hang my curtains in the bedroom under the valance and they didn't have any. I have a decorative rod that they were on before and the scarf valance just went over them but that won't work with these valances. I put everything together yesterday and V was surprised when he went in there. He really likes the blue. Anywho...need to get a couple of loads of laundry done. When V gets home we are headed to Lowes to get the paint and curtain rods there I guess. And then head over to get some fireworks. DS-Josh, wants to do some. We haven't done any the last two years, just wasn't in to it. But thought we would this year. Just going to grill in the evening and then do and watch fireworks. During the day on the fourth neighbors in the area have decided to have a car/motorcycle show in one of the cul-de-sacs, then a parade with people decorating, their bikes, wagons or whatever, games for the kids and then a wiener roast at 1 at the pool. I thought it would be neat to go to it and meet the neighbors in the subdivision. Was thinking about taking pics too. That might be fun, different anyway. We'll see...

Take care ladies and have a fantastic Friday!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-01-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #43  
Lisa

Default Good afternoon

I'm finally free to share my day. For some reason, I'm extremely exhausted today. The air conditioning in my office is broken & it's 93 degrees in here. I'm so sleepy, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep & hit my head on my desk! It seems like I've been busy all week. There's always something going on after work so I never get to go right home. Tonight I'm watching my niece & nephew. Have no idea what to do with them. They're excited so I better come up with something cool. I suppose I better do some more work, I have less than 2 hours to go before the long weekend.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #44  
One day at a time

Was just going to edit my post but saw that Lisa had posted and had to say Hi.

HI LISA! Know how that gets sometimes even though at this time I am not working. Sometimes just working at/around the home is enough to keep me busy, busy, busy. Of course there are those times where I am bored to tears with nothing to do. Be careful if you do fall asleep and not bump your head! The heat makes me sleepy too. What are the ages of your niece and nephew? Depending on their age, they may just love to play board games and watch videos, maybe get a pizza-haven't met a kid yet that doesn't love pizza. I'm sure whatever you do with them they will enjoy it and just spending time with their Auntie Lisa. Anyway, hope you have a fun time with your niece and nephew and have a GREAT weekend!

So anyway, the reason I am back...I forgot to post my weight. Bummed a little to say I finally weighed in after a few weeks and am up 1.5 pounds. I did change my ticker thingy and even went back to ticker factory because they show the 1/2 pound. I'm also going to add another like I had before for a 10lb. mini goal but not set a time frame. I think that always gets me. Okay, so I'm off to do another weight tracker thingy. Have a good one ladies!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:43 PM   #45  

Hello ladies--

Quick post from me as I'm getting ready to leave for work. My early friday...and it's a THREE day weekend!!! Hurray!!

What are your plans for the 4th? I'm not sure what we're doing yet. Hoping to go to a parade in the next town, but other than that, not sure.

I'll post more later after work!

Have a great Friday!
Closed Thread