Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:34 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies...

Holy cow, it's the last week of June... where'd the month go????

Susan - aww, sweetie. There's a big ol' hug for you, hon. It's sad that things couldn't be worked out with Rocky, but I guess the break up is for the best, given your circumstances. Look on the bright side - you'll never have to deal with Nana! Moving closer to your DDs would be a good thing for all of you and I hope you do take the transfer. What do all the girls think about that, or have you even mentioned it yet? I bet they'd be elated!

Marti - did you find anything good at the garage sales? Glad you and James had a good weekend, and I hope he got caught up on his sleep.

Dee - yay for you standing up for yourself if that what you want. Also, yay for uniforms, lol.

Cristi - yep, you're so right: when I let my hair dry on it's own, it's bushier. But it's so much shinier than when I blow dry it. I've got some shine-in-a-bottle stuff I can use, though. I'm loving the For Brunettes Only line. My Katie uses the stuff for blondes and she just loves it, too. It smells devine.

Anita - good luck with starting your new lifestyle today. You can do it! You could hang the coat in a place where you'll see it everyday, and that will help you stay OP.

My cold is better, but I'm still not up to par. I still managed to do my 30 minutes on the gazelle this morning during HGTV's Tipical Mary Ellen show at 7 AM. Made the time go by lots faster!

Need to clean this dusty house today, and get the laundry done, too.

What're you going to be doing today?? Whatever it is, I hope you have a good one!!
Old 06-27-2005, 12:11 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello and Happy Monday Ladies!

Wish I was in a happy mood though...TOM is here and late and HORRIBLE! Maybe I will go back to the doc and take her up on the bc pills. The cramping is horrible but I am still going to aim for at least a 20 mn. walk on the treadmill. Not even going to attempt to walk outdoors-the temp is supposed to be 98 today and with this humidity-ICK! Worked up a sweat going up and down the deck stairs watering the back yard. I'm so glad that it is done, with the exception of the brick. I so enjoy just going back there any time of the day and swinging in the swing, really nice in the evening. Anyway, working on getting my water down. I like this jug. Just carry it around with me and I know once it's gone that's it. I should probably drink more but getting that down is good enough for me. Haven't weighed in a while so will make sure I do that Friday.

Marti~I am the same way with the water. Some days it is soooo good and I get a lot drank. Other days I am lucky if I get 1/4 of what I should be drinking. I have never been a water drinker, just don't like the taste. Hope James finally got some sleep.

Dee~I'm happy that you stuck with the job, especially if you like it. And new uniforms to boot!

Susan~well, I am very sorry to hear about you and Rocky. (((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. I think working part-time and moving closer to the girls would be GREAT for all of you.

Jane~my hair is more shiny when I blow dry it, and definitely looks better blow dried! I just don't do it all the time, especially if I am not going anywhere. I try to give it a break from using the dryer and curling iron when possible. I don't think I know what that shiny stuff is you are talking about. DD uses a shampoo and conditioner for brunettes that makes her hair shiny-I should try the one for blondes but I like my sunflower shampoo from Back to Basics-it smells soooo good! Glad you are feeling better-summer colds are the worst!

Hi and WELCOME Lisa!! Hope you make it over to the Chit Chat thread. Look forward to getting to know you.

Hi to everyone else

I am kind of lost as to what to do with my days now that the staining is officially done! Finished the deck and lattice Sunday and I must say I like the way it turned out. We will put a second coat on the outside of the fence but I think I will wait for cooler weather. So today in between cramping...I am doing laundry, straightening the house and some reading. Later on when V gets home he is going to throw some fertilizer on the front (did the back yesterday) because it is looking a little hungry. A few days of hot weather and it all goes to pot! Then later, about 6 we will BBQ some burgers. It is too hot to cook in the kitchen and I just hate being indoors when it is nice outside. At least in the evening there is shade over the patio. For now I must go walk on the treadmill before I talk myself out of it.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-27-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #18  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hello Ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone. We had a really good time on Saturday afternoon. Joycelyn went swimming, and she was a little upset when I made her get out of the pool because all 6 of her teeth were chattering. (The pool wasn't heated) but she really did not care, and with the 100 degree temps it was really nice. Anyway, we had a really nice time.

Yesterday Joycelyn said Grandpa for the first time. My dad was OVER THE MOON!! She actually said it twice. Soooo cute.

My parents also brought over a big basket of freshly picked strawberries. Ontario Strawberries are truly the BEST. I just love them. So does Joycelyn as soon as she tried them she wanted more and more. Everytime she saw them she pointed and said "want that! Want THAT!" I let her have a few yesterday but told my MIL to hold off today in case she got the poops. LOL

Anyway I only have four days at work this week and then I am off until July 10th. YAY! During that time, I will probably not be logging in as the computer at home is truly terrible. Plus, I'll be far too busy playing with Joycelyn and stuff.

Well I started my new lifestyle this morning and so far so good. Although it is only the first 1/2 day. LOL.

I officially weighed in at 223 but TOM arrived this morning so I think that nuumber is a little off since I've been 220 for about 1 1/2 months. Oh well soon enough the numbers will be falling anyway.

JANE Hope you are feeling better soon.. Summer colds truly suck (actually blow---LOL) Sorry. Anyway, thanks for remembering about me starting the program today. I am keeping your mantra in mind. FAIL TO PLAN AND PLAN TO FAIL. So I am planning all meals. Every Bite. Good tip about the Coat. Little warm out to wear it these days but it will be cool soon enough. My mother reminded me yesterday that there was only 6 months left until Christmas.

SUSAN Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you and Rocky. Big HUGS ((((((((SUSAN)))))))))

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I don't have time to do more personals.

:
Old 06-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies---

Short post today as I have to get to the dentist here in about half an hour.

Spent yesterday rearranging our room! Our furniture in there is extremely heavy!! Talk about using your muscles! But I like how it looks. Seems to make the room look larger.

James made some sushi and is back in the kitchen today making some more! Good stuff.

I'll do individuals next time!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:12 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

Geez Ma Jane I was weepy all day til I read about not having to deal with Nana!!

I guess that is a good thing. I have been weepy and long faced since yesterday but no tears. Like you said it is for the best. He does burn my butt when I think he refused to make any changes......what a wuss. I don't care how sweet he is/was he has no spine!!

No, I am not bitter! lol

Anyway, the part time job hasn't been posted yet. Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

Though I think I will almost have to get another part time job , I already faxed my resume in for this residental property management postion. It would be Sat to Tuesday - 10 tp 4......and the other one is Mon to Fri 5 t0 9 pm. It really isn't that bad because as much as I love my children I can't spend a whole day with them anyway.....lol. It also gives me $100/$200 more a month, along with $100 for each lease you sign.

Of course I have to get the job first.....lol.......

I will give you an assignment since your staining days are over Critsti. My co worker asked me what we can do to spice up our Gold Room. It is a very ugly room with 3 big round tables, 2 computers,5 upright chairs , a tv and a piano........it is painted this icky yellow ( it is suppose to be gold) half way up the wall.

Anyway, she wanted some ideas to make it cozier......any thought??

k- that'll keep Cristi busy for awhile.....lol. btw- where is Ellen????

oh- Mike was served on Saturday with my restraining order! yay.....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-27-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #21  
Lisa

Post Well, I finally made it!

I finally made it here. Thanks, Cristi, for inviting me. I am very new at this & don't know where to begin. This month has been extremely stressful & my weight is showing that! I finally feel like I will have the support & understanding to get this under control. Thanks in advance, ladies!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:01 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

Welcome auntlisa

Now I am sad.

It was easier to just call him a wuss.........but he isn't. I could have dealt with nana, she didn't scare me. I miss him tonight, it feels like my heart has been torn in two..........

Old 06-28-2005, 12:40 AM   #23  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Oh Susan, Im sorry your feeling sad...and missing him. I wish things could of worked out for both of you.

Jane, glad to know your feeling a bit better...as for the shiny stuff for the hair I use it when I straighten my hair.

Cristi,,,I was told that doing some light exercise does help with cramps. Walking would be perfect...
Go get the BC I was on some for about 2 yrs ,,,unforunately I couldn't stay on them cause the hormone part almost made me wacky. I go Thursday for my Dr. visit....hoping for good news

Hello AuntLisa, and welcome to our very supportive group.

Anita,,,you will do awesome cause you want this....you are worth the weightloss!

Marti,,,sushi? He makes sushi...Im a chicken...I only buy the stuff, and since watching some documentary I don't think I will be doing that again,,,unless I have a thermometor,,,

Hope Im not missing anyone,,,if I did sorry...Hello!

we had our party,,,and it was fun except for the downpour. We had huge garage tents up and was able to a portal firepit in it,,,nice and toasty. Food was good, and I did well, only ate a burger and a small scoop of mac salad. Was great seeing all my family,,hadn't seen an uncle in 15 yrs...
Brandon was freaked about all the people,,,but did well with visiting with everyone then off he went with his friends, camping,,,yes in the yucky rain. They played poker in the tent.

I applied for a temp job at work,,,in reception. Only for the month of July noon to 5 each day plus extra hours in the morning with my old job. More $$ for our holiday.

anyways should try to get to bed early...night all
Old 06-28-2005, 12:02 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Smile

Good morning ladies~

Lisa~glad to see you made it here! Feel free to post away, ask questions, fill us in on you, etc...you'll get the hang of it soon enough,and again WELCOME!

Susan~aaaahhhhh, (((((HUGS))))) to you. I can only imagine the hurt you are feeling. As far as the room goes...I have no clue! LOL Except paint it a different color and now! What about a nice blue-supposed to be a relaxing color, or even a shade of green. Seems green is in-sage is nice. Does the room have windows? Adding some nice curtains or valances can make a big difference also. She could go to HGTV.com and get all kinds of ideas.

Marti~hope the visit to the dentist wasn't too bad. I've never tried sushi and don't plan on it. I've heard it is really good but something about raw fish doesn't appeal to me. Wish I could rearrange my bedroom...there is only one wall the bed is good on so it is stuck where it is, as with the dresser. The same with the living room.

Angie~glad the party was fun & nice, well, except for the rain. Can you send some of that rain our way. Supposed to be up to 100 today and tomorrow-ICK! Told DH let's move to Seattle-he's game. Actually, he really is if he could find a job there-he said he's ready to leave KS. Shouldn't put ideas in his head-I'm not ready to move! I think I am going to take the doc up on the bc-if it means a lighter TOM and no cramping like I have some months, it will be well worth it.

Anita~yay for a four day week! Also, for day one of your new lifestyle. I know you will do good with it. Strawberries sound so good! I like the sweet ones. We had some watermelon last night-wasn't so good. It was juicy, but not sweet at all. Of course last week I was lucky with the seedless one I bought-it was both sweet and juicy, could just eat that for a meal.

Terri~hope all is well with you.

Ellen~been thinking about you also and hoping things are well with you.

Katy~did you guys get the foundation poured?

Jane~hoping you are feeling better.

Hi to everyone else

Again, nothing on the agenda for today, nothing special that is. Changing the sheets on my bed, going to vacuum again (made a mess tracking in grass from watering the lawn), get a load of laundry done, and clean the ceiling fans. Going to get some exercise done also. Actually already got some in, if you count running back and forth moving the sprinklers-work up a sweat doing that. I think I will get a pedometer tomorrow while at Wal-Mart and just see how many steps I take in a day. If I can just get in those 10,000 steps a day I will be fine. But I like doing the weights and the bike for a little bit also. Since I have nothing planned for the day that is what I am going to do. Going to work on my water also. Didn't get the whole bottle down yesterday. Got almost 3/4 of it and just couldn't drink anymore. But did get some iced tea down, a couple of glasses-does that count?!

Take care ladies and have a great day!
Old 06-28-2005, 03:02 PM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon ladies--

Susan--I'm so sorry that you're hurting! I'm sending hugs to you also!!!
Getting a job closer to your girls would be great! I bet your girls would love having you closer.

Jane--Glad you're feeling better. Summer colds are not fun. We ended up not going to any garage sales. We spent so much time going through some boxes and rearranging things. And the only reason we did that was because we were looking for something.....something which I forget what it was!

Cristi--When I first tried shushi, I refused to eat it w/raw fish. James doesn't make it w/raw fish most of the time. He makes it w/imitation crab or real crab if we have it. The other day he made it w/cooked salmon. Yesterday while I was at work he made more w/tuna.

Anita--Hurray for the four day week!! And then getting some time off to spend w/your little one and hubby. I'm looking forward to hearing how much weight your losing each week!! Keep us posted!

Angie--You should really try making the sushi yourself if you like it! It makes a lot and then you can take some to work for lunch the next day! I don't make it personally, haven't even tried. So nice that James likes to make it!

Well, my arms are very sore today after spending Sunday afternoon arranging and rearranging our bedroom and going through boxes! It was a work out that's for sure.

Talked to a girl at work last night who is going to look into curves. I asked her why she doesn't just get a membership at work......she does! Silly lady!

I finally weighed myself over the weekend. I wasn't going to since I'm smack right in the middle of TOM, but I did anyway.....I'm back up to 145. I was happy to see that! I thought it would be higher. Need to keep it in the 140's....

I'm off to do some yoga or maybe the gazelle.......

Chat w/you all later!

OMG!! I forgot to welcome AuntLisa!!!

Welcome Auntlisa! So glad you are here!! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

I like your little picture thing Cristi - when did you change it?? They kind of want to keep the gold theme going Cristi. What other gold could they have and change the walls??? hmmmmm......I hate the big round table, looks like something out of the 70's. I would just get rid of the 3 and have one big one for meetings.

Totally hate sushi....who was talking about that??? ick,ick,,,,,lets talk pickled beets! lol

I would LOVE 145 Marti. I almost gasped when I saw 150 on the scale.....soooooooooo close to 149......ugh.

So, I applied for the part time position. It gives me the 3 bedroom townhouse, which I would love. The girls really don't seem to care one way or another but maybe in time???

I have no guts.............through my tears I called Rocky. Yeeesssss, I am weak,,,,,,I love the wuss........*sigh. I felt betther the minute I heard his voice and we chatted. He said " I waited 11 years for you , I can wait longer."

Years?????? Geez, Lousie........I knew he had patience, I knew he was laid back......lol. He will be here in a few weeks,,,,,,,maybe we will just get married and live in 2 different states,,,,what the heck....at least I will have a husband.....lmao.....

anywho......exhausted. It ain't easy being me........

btw- where is Mindee??????
Old 06-28-2005, 10:35 PM   #27  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ah Susan, that is so sweet of him....

Marti seriously can you come and help with my house? Maybe we can convince Cristi's V to come and paint...ahh wouldn't life be great if we could do that?

Cristi, I used to make ice tea from green tea and then throw in a chopped up lemon...yum! Haven't done that in a long time. And I could say that the water can be counted.

Still raining here,,,flooding continues,,,people will probably have to be evacuated again...so much damage.
Had to cancel my cast Dr. appointment for tomorrow since I have to be trained for the new job. I can't get into see him till July 20th...grrrr But Im still on for the other dr.
Im reading Nosy Neighbour by Fern Micheals.
I ate so clean yesterday I was even impressed. Now today I have kinda slipped...

Brandon's last day of school was today,,,Tanners is tomorrow...
My friend Shawna found a woman she does this fitness thing with who own's a PI business and shes looking for an office manager...not full time,,,infact its from my own home if I wanted.... *sigh I was kinda hoping to leave the business, told her I would talk with her and see exactly what she wants.
Meanwhile I have this business plan that Ive had running loops in my brain for some time. Need to get it down on paper....

well Im going to go watch Bring it On...love cheerleading shows...lol
Old 06-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #28  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Hello Everyone!!!

Remember me? lol.. I have been soo busy and hot! it was43 celcius here the last couple of days.. that is 109.4 fahrenheit... i thought i was going to melt seriously... yuck... It is nice today though.. only 17 celcius right now... perfect!!! Nolan is in soccer and now he is in bible school and with the pool and everything i fell like i havent had time to do anything... aww well i am not bored lol..

Angie: Ya Nolans last day of school is today.. I am happy i dont have to make anymore lunches and get up early to put him on the bus... but i think i am going to go a little nuts here with the 2 kids! I love them but i can handle them well.

Cristi: lol i am here... It has been too hot to do much excercise here.. i have just been trying not to move much.

Marti: I would like to move to town to join curves.. a lot of people i know go there and they love it. I think we decided to keep this property and then save up for a down payment for a house in town... so that will probably be next spring.

Jane: Hope your cold is getting better.. summer colds are rotten

Anita: Hope you are doing well with your new program!

WEll i have to cut this short.. i have to go make lunch for my munchkin.... TTYL xxoo
Old 06-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #29  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hey ladies.....just checking in!

things are going great here. we still don't know the gender of this baby. so it is looking more and more like it will be a surprise baby! brandon is doing great. he now has 9 teeth and he is working on getting his three other molars in.

we are hoping to be into the apartment in July, which is when we will be able to get back up and running with the internet and be able to check our email more often.

that about covers it. I think about you ladies every day!!!

oh yeah.....Brandon knows how to swim now and he LOVES it!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Smile

Good afternoon ladies!

Man is it a HOT one today! I can't take this heat! Decided to get up at 6 this morning when V left and get an early start on the day and watering the yard before I took off for my errands. Had to go to both Wal-Mart and Target. The funny thing...usually Wal-Mart is busier than Target but it was the other way around. Oh well, still got back at noon or a little after. And I don't plan on going out again today. Supposed to get up to 102-ICK & YIKES!

Angie~you know...if we lived close and you asked, V would do it for ya. He actually likes painting. Of course I do to but I let him do it. Speaking of which...LOL...I think we may paint our bedroom this weekend, finally! And instead of taupe or green I have decided to go with a blue. Send some of that rain our way, please!

Marti~still wouldn't like sushi, not much of a crab or salmon eater. I do like certain types of fish. The place where I go to tan is like a Curves-they named it It Figures. I talked to her once about joining when they had a special but what i don't like is exercising in a circle while others are watching. Probably wouldn't be so bad once I got to know some of the ladies and if I could go when no one is there. Shes added two treadmills, a stair stepper, an elliptical (sp?) and an exercise bike in the last few months so it would be well worth the money.

Susan~found the picture with the rest of 3fc avatars. Wanted something different, something cute, but kind of goofy and can never find what I want. It takes soooo long to look at clip-art/graphics. I thought this was cute though, for now. So she wants to stick with the gold? Hmmmm...how about hanging a disco ball/light in the middle of the room and go with the 70's feel! LOL I agree with having one big table, think that definitely would be better. What about adding a technique to the wall to spice up the gold? Like a venetian plaster technique. It's a lot of work but looks nice-not 70's though! Anyway...aaaahhhhh...I would have probably called too-breaking up is hard to do especially when you love the wuss! And it's not a matter of not having guts or being weak, it's called being in love. I am still holding out that something clicks and he says I can't take it! I am moving to OR!

Terri~of course we remember you! LOL Was just wondering where the heck you were off to. But do know how busy the kids keep you. We are having some hot weather also but not 109-YIKES! I lived in the dessert in CA the last four years I was there and the highest it got there was 119. Didn't get that hot very often and it was a dry heat which makes a difference. The humidity here is what kills me. Of course we knew not to go out in it during the hottest time of day with the exception of a visit to the pool a few of times a week. Anyway, try to stay cool.

Hi to everyone else

I am going to go get a walk in on the treadmill. I completely forgot to get a pedometer, darn it! I remembered when I got home. Must make note to self and get one tomorrow. I feel like I walked a lot today but probably just wishful thinking. You know Susan & Marti, I would love to be at either 145 or 150. My ultimate goal is 155 but I really feel that 160-165 is a better weight for me. I think I would look weird if I got any lower than that but we will see. Getting the water down today. Didn't do as well yesterday, just got 1/2 of it drank. WILL do better today.

Before I forget...wanted to let you guys know that I heard from Shanna yesterday. She surprised me with a little something. But I wanted to let you guys know that she graduated! Shanna! And if you are lurking out there, CONGRATULATION'S!! Miss you around here.

Take care ladies and have a Happy Hump Day!
Closed Thread