Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation The Royals: Firecracker Challenge At Summer Palace!!!! Cracklin' Good Fun, Be There!

Or be square!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL s WHO PARTICIPATED SUCCESSFULLY IN THE SUMMER SOLSTICE CHALLENGE!!!! If ya haven't received your awards yet, it's 'cause the Towel Boys sent 'em out by horse 'n carriage and that could take some time.

Please pack ur royal duds 'n join the fireworks party at the Summer Palace as soon as possible!!!! The TBs are setting up a challenge sign-up buffet in the Great Hall, prepared by none other than the fab 'n fit 100-Year-Old Spa Cook, Elfreda Crone ... don't we all just wanna be fab 'n fit like her when we're 100?

I thought so, well, we can if we continue our sterlin' efforts to eat right n' exercise and continue in our tradition of postin' challenges here at 3FC!

That means you, too, Amarantha!

I hear tell K is servin' tea!!!

This is a short sprint to U.S. Independence Day, July 4!!! It will culminate in a fireworks display on the Royal Lawn, Renaissance or medieval clothing optional! Suits of armor not recommended due to the heat!

By the reckonin' o' the Royal Mathematician, there are 11 days to the Fourth of July! The TBs and Elfreda ask that anyone whose math is better, please correct any errors in that calculation! Royal Math Guy is not too sensitive about his arthmetical deficiencies!

PLEASE POST THY PERSONAL HEALTH, FITNESS, WEIGHT MANAGEMENT OR OTHER RELATED CHALLENGE HERE AND CONTINUE TO UPDATE YOUR FELLOW FELLOW s ON THY PROGRESS. The TBs are askin' all entrants in this "contest" post the award they will receive (from themselves) upon successful completion of the challenge (besides the fab fireworks party) and any other details of how they will conduct their challenge!!!!

As always, should we be stopped or captured (by the Less Than Successful Challenge Demons), the secretary will disavow any knowledge of our actions!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-23-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:56 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Ohhhh, hooray, a challenge at the summer palace!!! Please TBs sign me up ... I've already embarked on a "firecracker" challenge on my journal and will report here daily as well. My goal weight for the Sunday before the U.S. Fourth is 140. I'm currently doing a series of daily challenges for my Six Day Sojourn to Saturday and will then weigh in on Saturday (because of nephew's wedding, I wanna see what I weigh, ok, I'm obsessing) ... and then will set out another week's worth.

As posted in my journal, I am also pledged to stick to my PRIME DIRECTIVE (Sugar Busters' WOE) and warned by some alien nutrition enforcers (details in journal, it's a bit complex) that any further backslidin' of this PRIME DIRECTIVE will result in Dire Consequences. Had one instance this week but thankfully, the enforcers we're kind o' lax in the consequence department. Think they are asleep ... hmmm, maybe I could sneak in a cupcake .... er, no!

Today's challenge for me is no more than 1700 cals (I think that's what I pledged) and 40 minutes of exercise.

Will report!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE POST A CHALLENGE HERE s AND LET'S MAKE THIS A CRACKLIN' GOOD SPRINT TO THE FOURTH!!!

Could someone please tell me when the Canadian Independence Day is? I apologize for my braindead state (and laziness as I could google)? Perhaps we could follow this sprint with one to that date as well ...
Old 06-23-2005, 10:07 AM   #3  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

Dinna know about Independence Day, but Canada Day is July 1st. They are very close together, eh?

Ceara
Old 06-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #4  
Momma Frog

Ok ladies! Thanks for leaving the breadcrumbs! I found ya!

I'm hoping for another 5lbs by July 4th. That's my goal.
Oh and getting the house straigh and in order. My inner Virgo is telling me to organize and clean up this pigsty!!!

Nothing "new" around here, so I'll post later.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Yea, Ceara, thanks! SO I THINK THIS SHOULD BE THE U.S./CANADA PATRIOTIC DAY CHALLENGE, so that'll encompass both dates!!!!!! Huzzah!

Frogger, thanks for joinin' in with a goal!! Hmmm. You can also come 'n clean my royal pigsty if ya feel like cleanin' ... heaven knows I don't!! Great goals!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:35 PM   #6  
wsw

greetings to all queens in the summer palace!

i'm in. thanks for starting the thread, amarantha! my goals for this challenge will be:
-eat small, healthy portions---around 1500 cals/day.
-keep up with daily exercise routine, including tai chi video and meditation tapes.
-catch up on some old paper work (yuck!) and some much needed de-cluttering of my little royal dwelling.

take care, all.

Last edited by wsw; 06-23-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Lightbulb

Hi all!

MY GOALS ARE:
Keep the calories as low as possible (over 1200)
Continue my daily walking
Declutter

June 22 ~ 1900 calories and 65 minutes walking

Good luck, everyone!
Old 06-23-2005, 07:38 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Welcome to the Summer Palace, Aria 'n Wsw!!! Thanks for postin' thy goals for this flamin' 'n cracklin' Fireworks Challenge!!!

Hmmm, seems everyone is declutterin' except Amarantha!

Shall return anon ... or tomorrow with my report, dependin' when I stop eatin' ...
Old 06-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #9  
wsw

made my goals today!! 1535 cals, exercised, and a little of that de-cluttering stuff. hope everyone has a good evening. take care.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #10  
Hot Stuff

I'm here in spirit if not in mind or body...day eight of sinus pain from **** with no relief in sight...perhaps the Royal Guard might see fit to lop my head off with a broadsword or maybe we could pull the guillotine out of the Royal storage locker for one last go 'round?? No???

Anywho, I'm not up to a challenge at the moment but will be rooting for the rest of you on this one!

Thoughts going out to our dear anagram and her beloved...you are close in heart, as always.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:56 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Talking Huzzah! Just another day at the Summer Palace!

Let's all give a hearty Royal Huzzah to WSW for meetin' all her royal goals today!! Seems she's the first in the challenge to come in with a successful day!!! Hooray! WTG, Wsw!!!

Hooray for the arrival o' the spirit o' Wildfire at the Summer Palace gates!!!! Glad you are here, Wildfire, sorry thou be not physically up to a formal challenge, but the Towel Boys will bring ya a nice hot toddie and sign ya up as head cheerleader!

Also sendin' what healin' vibes I possess to Anagramatic and her dh!

Here's the report I also posted in my journal tonight. My six-day sojourn to Saturday (to be followed by seven days to Sunday, June 3, to make a complete Firecracker Challenge) started Sunday and is verra complex ... the rules are that Amarantha/Athletea 'n Maisie earn a rose for each day they successfully follow the "rules" set up by the Evil Diet Nanny (who is really an alien enforcer from the universal diet continuum ... with me so far? Right, well ... ) ... uh, anyhow:

Rose Award Ceremony ~ Sunday, Challenge met! :rose:

Monday: Challenge met! :rose:

Tuesday: Challenge met! :rose:

Wednesday: Challenge NOT met! Consolation Prize Awarded! :1stprize:

Thursday: No more than 1700 calories (1740, mayhap more) NOT DONE, 40 minutes any exercise (20 minute walk) NOT DONE! ~ Challenge NOT met! Good Apple Prize Awarded 'Cause We Ate An Apple INSTEAD of Stickin' to Calorie Level :apple:

TO DO ~ Friday: No more than 1700 calories, work out with Nanny Trainer ~
Old 06-24-2005, 05:48 AM   #12  

HEllo all!

It's Friday!
I've been up since about 4:15...dogs needed to go out and I forced myself to stay up as am riding w/ Dh into work.... I stayed last night on the premise that DH was coming to get me on the way elsewhere... well, on the way to get back home... I just had to stay and get some things done that I just could not leave undone while gone.... small things that took aprx 15 minutes each but felt much heavier until completed.....
This morning going in early for more of the same as I begin vacation this afternoon.....

Stomach virus for the most part has subsided except I can only eat small portions... even if I see something else that I know I will enjoy, if my stomach is pretty full, it gives me that warning feeling.... A big suprise for me... Couldnt tell you the last time my stomach 's voice was louder than my mouth's.....
My mood is better too.... in fact, as soon as I had a good dose of protein last night, I felt the mood improve....
Of course, not discounting that the eve of vacation always is uplifting....

THANKS for the firecracker challenge Empress...
My challenge is to get to the gym at least 4 X during my vacation and the goal of each time is to BE IN THE SAUNA!!
As for the rest of it, yes, starting a low level strength training something would be ideal.... but most importantly is to get to the gym by myself....as I havent been alone to this facility, ever.....
Just worked out that way...
I also want to do lots of work on finding out about possibilities of fitness trainers.... full time vs part time, certification requirements, etc, etc.....

Also, plan on at least 2 if not 3 -- 27 Fling Boogies as my palace is simply overrun .....
Being in bed two days really opened my eyes to that... and I have had ENOUGH....

so....
Thought of the day:

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
---Richard Bach

Question of the day :

"Do you have summer vacation plans?'

Must be off,

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Great job, wsw!
June 23 ~ 2000 calories and 65 minutes walking.
This afternoon, DS is going to a sleepover birthday party, so I am planning on decluttering some.
I have to get a grip on the calories, here...
Old 06-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #14  
Momma Frog

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD MORNING ROYAL PAAAAALAAAACE!! (say it like Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam)

Goals for the day: Stop picking and the dag gone tootsie rolls sitting here. (I'm filling in for someone today and she has a candy basket. So far only 1 tootsie roll has passed my lips and a piece of hubba bubba). NO MORE SUGAR DANG IT!!!! Why does she tempt me so? She knows I LOVE tootsie rolls....
Made my lunchie for today! It's the first time all week. Actually is was the dinner I made last night but didn't eat, so technically I'm cheating on actually making a LUNCH. Still trying to low carb it. So turkey burger w/cheese, spinach salad w/real bacos and fresh grated parm. cheese and a dab or two of cesar dressing. Along w/ a diet Sprite. Don't know the carb count, just know that it's not rice, it's not potatoes, it's not bread, it's not pizza, and it's not pasta. TOTALLY different from what I had yesterday for lunchie at California Pizza Kitchen. My 2 slices of sour dough bread, my 3 pita slices w/hummus and my entire 7 or 8 inch 5 cheese, basil, and fresh tomato pizza. (I know, should have ordered a salad!!) I was on such carb overload that I nearly fell asleep at the table. I couldn't wait to get on the train home to snooze!!!!

Good Friday to you all!
Old 06-24-2005, 10:09 AM   #15  
deleted2

Thanks for starting the new thread, A!

I'm so in! I'm going to work hard, and have hidden my scale away and will not set a dainty toe on it until July 4. I hope to drop at least 3 pounds. So back to weighing and measuring for me and constant vigilance. Fortunately I like that kind of thing!

I'll soon be into my 4th week of BFL. The thread is still up and I'm posting all the excruciating details if anyone wants to see.

Closed Thread