Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #16  

Hello

Dee...I'm here! Just DEEP cleaning the house! I worked the last two weeks so now I'm cleaning and doing laundry! I think I'll REST tomorrow!!! Your dinner sounds great! I love summer too! Happy summer to you too!!

Gayle...Have you heard from the doctor yet? Tell your Mom Happy Birthday and give her a hug!!!

Hello to everyone else!!! I've got to get off here and put another load of clothes in. (my last load!)

Love & Hugs.................
Old 06-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #17  

Gayle-Tell your mom happy birthday from me!

Summer?? It's summer here all year round, who knows the difference????

Dee-I don't really watch my carbs. I try to eat Core most of the time, which is healthy carbs (whole wheat, no sugar, etc.) I have about 6 points during the day and save the rest for dinner and snacks. I usually have about 24-30 points per day to maintain. I hardly ever use all my weekly flex points because I usually earn enough AP's to cover what I eat extra. For instance, this week I only used 4 of my weekly flex points because I earned 30 AP's for the week. I always try to eat my AP's because if I don't I gain.

Sherry-STOP IT!! You put everyone to shame with your shining clean house!! Slow down, after all it is your so called vacation time!

Hi to everyone else, I'm going to lay down and watch my recorded soap instead of running today. I don't know why I'm so tired.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #18  
Losing it!

Hello all! I will give mom the birthday wishes...THANK YOU!

The doctor really couldn't tell what is causing mom the dizziness and unsteadiness. He said it could be from losing 9 pounds in 3 weeks or she could be dehydrated. I upped fluids and he also told her to take it easy and not go to cardio therapy for the rest of the week. My aunt came out today so I left for awhile today to buy groceries and sneak my tan in!!! :-) It is slowly changing, the girl said it usually takes 6-8 hours. And YES, I did it in the buff!!! (giggles) She assured me I was in TOTAL privacy, so I decided what the heck! I had almost talked myself out of it, but I decided I only live once, so just do it! It wasn't near as bad as I imagined...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:09 AM   #19  

Gayle...I hope your mom gets better soon i will be thinking about her as my Mom is slowly slipping from reality and the stress and the worry that it brings to us.

Sherry I was wondering what that shine&glare was coming from the south now i know it is from you and the sparklingly house. Try and enjoy yourself while on vacation.

Things here have quieted down some they are at least on somewhat of talking terms. But heck if things don't work out soon maybe i will leave and find a new place to live and they can duke it out in the house just the 2 of them.

Well got to go for some blood tests so i will check you gals later.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #20  

Pretty quiet here today.

Gayle I forgot to tell you that when we went to the ball game on sunday we played against the Kansas T-bones. Kinda neat thinking that I have a friend from there. So you didn't it in the raw, did you. I am sure it looks so much better that way anyways. Would you consider doing it again sometimes? Are you as dark as you expected?

Sherry I hope that all your laundry is done today and that you are taking a break from all the work.

Shelley i follow the points systems with ww's. I don't know the core program very well. I am like you if I don't eat my Ap's I gain weight. Seems weird that if we don't eat enough we gain. That is the story of my life. I haven't eatten enough for the exercise I do so I gain. It is hard to get this through my thick head.

Vicki that is pretty funny what you said about Sherry's place. I think that I can see the sparkle from here too. You want to sneak away and come see me and let them duke it out while we lounge in the pool with out cocktails?

It is very hot tonight and we promised my mom that we would help her plant the garden. Usually she has most of it in by mid may but because of all the rain it just didn't happen. I guess I should say that Larry is putting in the garden I am just a supervisor. Better go it isn't going to get any cooler so might as well get it done.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #21  

Dee. sounds good to me lounging in the pool with a coctail...Let's see if anyone here would notice if i was gone for a few days. ...Probably so they are planning a birthday party for me Saturday...but that sure does sound tempting.

Dang Sherry it is still glowing down your way would you quit it is making me look bad. hehehehhehehehehe
Old 06-23-2005, 12:34 AM   #22  
Losing it!

Dee, did you go to a semi-pro baseball game? I think they are from Kansas City. Yes, I will do the tan again, I turned out a nice golden tan, not to dark and not to light, probably just right for my first time. The girl working made me feel at ease.

Vickster, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON SATURDAY! I won't be here, so I'm posting your birthday message early. Wishing you a blessed day with family, filled with love... you deserve it.

Leaving at 5:00 Am!!!!!! We will be at the Country Stampede in Manhatten Kansas, if any of you want to join us!!!!! We will make sure and drink plenty of fluids (beer) to stay hydrated!!! Steve & I spent an hour or so today making 150 jello shots! A yummy one is green apple jello with butterscotch schnapps. :-) Love you guys, be careful and I want to see LOTS of postings by the time I make it back on Monday!!!!

Love you!!!!! Gayle
Old 06-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #23  

Gayle.....I didn't get to tell you bye! I hope you have a very nice trip and don't get too hot!!!! The jello shooters sound yummy! Don't drink too much girlie! I miss ya already!!!

Dee....Why don't we go to KS and see Gayle???!! Wouldn't that have been awesome????????

I've gotta go...Taking Drew to get new tires put on his car! I'll post again later or tomorrow before I leave for camping. We're going this weekend with Debbie & her family. But they are staying for a week! We can only stay the weekend.

See ya
Old 06-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #24  

Gayle have a great time. Even before I read Sherry's post I thought about how much fun it would be to join you this weekend. The shooters sound good. I have had the jello shooters before but never with green apple. We don't have that flavor here. Can you use diet jello when you make them?

Sherry I am glad that you can get away with Debbie. Camping sounds fun. I hope that the weather treats you right. Have a great time and enjoy every minute of it.

Vicki you want me to invite Gayle and tell her to bring some jello shooters down? We can have a birthday party for you here.

It is so hot and humid this morning. Walking home from swimming the one mile I was just dripping. Now my girlfriend is heading out to meet me for another walk. Which just reminds me I haven't put the coffee on for us. I better get going.

Have a great day.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #25  

Bye Gayle!!

Okay, Dee. Tell me, just how hot is it??

Sherry-I am so happy that you are getting away with Debbie and her family, even if it's just for the weekend. I think you need the time together.

Dee, Sherry, Vicki, Gayle-What is a shooter?
Old 06-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #26  

Shelley with the humidex is 111 F out. How enough for you? I am sure you get many of those days. lol what is a shooter? You are deprived Shelley. It is a alchol beverage about an oz,that you drink fast but in this case it is jiggly jello in a small cup. Very taste and refreshing.

Today Dez got the keys to her apartment. Nice and close to home but I will tell you she has a landlord lady that is a quack. She is rude, mean and probably dishonest. I just about came home and drank after going through the condition report. Dez thanked me for being there and not bopping LL in the face when she was shouting in mine. I have never meet someone as crazy as her. I even asked Dez if she really wanted the place that bad. There are already so many stories to tell and she hasn't even moved in yet. I am sure that she will be having problems with this LL. Poor kid, it is quite a wake up call to some of the poeple this world is made up with that we have to deal with. On the other hand I am so glad that she is moving out. Yipee time for Larry and I to party never mind her having a moving in party I think that we will have a moving out party one more to go. lol

Guess what my gourmet dinner is tonight?
Popcorn drizzles with icing, I figured thatsince Larry isn't coming home for dinner I will splurge and treat myself. I am still under in points by 5 points and I am not even using my ap's.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #27  

I think it's settled--South Dakota (only) for our vacation.

You know, we had originally planned to do the whole "midwest thing" originally, when we had 9 days. Now that it's been cut back to five, we're just doing that one state. I think we're going to drive over to Oklahoma City and up, but I'd rather drive up through Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska--just don't want to spend all that driving time in OK and KS (sorry Gayle!!).

I hope plans don't change between now and week-after-next!

Hope Gayle and Sherry and Debbie have fun on your respective vacations!

Shelley--I've never had a shooter, but I've been in clubs and seen those Jello shooters--they LOOK yummy!

Dee--your weather sounds a lot like ours! Ich! Hot and humid, with no rain in sight. Our poor farmers!
Old 06-23-2005, 11:09 PM   #28  

Cheryl south dakota is beautiful. I love the lush green rolling hills. Lots of cattle and horse ranches. You will enjoy it. I see you are down 4 pounds, congratulations.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:41 AM   #29  

I still don't understand. So the jello ones you eat with a spoon?

Dee-I hope Dez isn't making a mistake by moving into the place. Sounds like the LL is really wacked, and that is no way to have to live. I just hope she doesn't get tired of it within the next couple of months. Maybe she can also be looking around for other places just in case.

Cheryl-I hope you have a wonderful trip. When are you leaving?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #30  

Shelley you are right, she is very wacky. I do agree with you if things don't work out she should start looking for a new place asap. Hopefully she will not have to deal with the LL to often. I tell you it was just cooking in her suite last night. The friend of hers that helped her move is a big sweet heart but he is very large, probably close to 300 pounds. He was just sweat'n. We were giving Dez a window air conditioner and he asked if he could set it up for her right away.....lol. Well we did. Guess what, they decide around 11:30 last night to unplug and plug it in the plug below. They didn't shut it off and when they plugged it back in they blow a fuse. Oh man, since we live to close guess who came over and woke us up for a fuse? You guessed and we didn't have any so Larry got out of bed and went over there to see if he could switch one of the fuses. He would have let them try but he was afraid one of them might get electricuted trying. Kids, when do they grow up? I guess I should know because even when she was in Brandon she still called me in the middle of the night. Some of her stuff is moved but today is the big day to bring the rest of the stuff over. I will be helping unpacking. By the end of the day yesterday I was limping so bad from doing the three flights of stairs I don't know how many times but I do know too many times. Desiree's big friend was so sweet, when I went down the stairs he held my hand giving me the support I needed because there isn't a rail down the full lenght of the stairs. He even offered me his hand when I was getting up from the cusions off the floor. I told Dez maybe you should consider him for a boyfriend he is always there when you need him. She just laughed at me and said I have a boyfriend already, why you trying to set me up with him. Maybe one they will date, they did go out about 3 years for awhile and have remained best friends since.

Ok my day is awaiting, I walked and swam already so time to get going. Have a good one.
Closed Thread