Can Do! Support

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • I'm not quite sure how I found this website, but it is exactly what I am looking for.

I've tried ediets-was a member for about 3 years. I didn't lose any substantial weight-I would lose focus after a few weeks. I can plan my own meals. I miss the support. A buddy or a few to chat with-support.

I am 35. I've been married for 7 years. I have a darling son, he's 6. I'm a teacher and this summer I am not WORKING!

I joined CURVES in January. When I was going on a regular basis I felt great. Now that school is out, I have no excuses.

That's a little about me. Anyone looking for a buddy?

Debs
  • I'm looking for a buddy! I agree, this site is great.

My most recent attempt at weight loss has been thru WW, but I honestly hate to count points. I know lame excuse, but I didn't like it. About 5 years ago I did the Body for Life program and lost 130 lbs and I've put on about 50 lbs since then and I want to lose it again.

I'm 34 with 2 sons, 13 and 11. I'm in management and I hate it, but I'm about to land a different job soon. (keeping fingers crossed).

I'm not sure how the buddy thing works, but I'm here for you!

Kathy
  • Hi Kathy! I'm not sure how it works either. There is a lot of info on this site!

I've always struggled with weight. I wouldn't say I was a chubby pre-teen. I wasn't skinny-but not fat. In high school (especially toward the end) I was a overweight. Looking back-I'd consider myself thin now! .

I lost about 60+ lbs. in college. I kept it off-but it piled back on. I lost it again....but then I met my husband and single people eat out a lot! Since then I gained about 100 lbs. I absolutely hate it.

I now have terrible knee pain. Last time I went to the doctor it was early stages of arthritis-only the left knee hurt. Now both knees hurt. It is affecting my quality of life.

I recently got weighed and measured at CURVES. OH MY! My weight was at the highest it ever was!!!!! It has motiviated me. I'm on vacation until the end of July-no excuses. I should get myself into a healthy eating and an exercise plan. Drink water!

What do you plan on doing today-healthy wise?
    Here it is 10 am and I still didn't eat breakfast! Not good!
    Breakfast-2 eggs w/ham; yogurt
    Lunch-salad w/peaches
    snack-yogurt
    dinner-salmon, rice, salad and applesauce
    EXERCISE-CURVES go when husband gets home-dinner will be ready.
    DRINK WATER.

Have a great day.
    Talk to you soon!
    Debs
  • Debs,
    Sorry about the knee pain, I know how you're feeling. I've had back pain for a long time myself. The more I weigh, the worse the pain - so I need to get busy so I don't have to hurt all the time.

Good for you for going to Curves! I have a Golds Gym membership, but I haven't been there in months. I'm alomst embarassed to go there again becasue it's been so long. I live really close to a high school and they have a great track there that I've been walking on. Yesterday I did 2 miles, walk the curves and jog the straight. I plan on going there again tonight, if I'm not too sore

meals for today are:
    Special K for breakfast
    apple - snack
    small piece of lasagna for lunch and big salad
    pork chop and potato salad ( low fat )
    cottage cheese and yogurt - snack

and drink water water water!!!!
    Do 2 miles at the track.

Have a good day,
    Kathy
  • Kathy-that's great about the track. I've had memberships to gyms and never really used them. My husband was a bit spectacle of CURVES, but once I told him about it he was fine with it. I didn't go for a few months-big mistake! I gained-plus I lost money! Seems kinda a waste of $$ to pay and not go!

I changed my breakfast/lunch
    I ate so late I decided to make a chicken quesida?(sp wrong). It was really good.

I will still have salmon for dinner.

Have a great day!
  • I am not very familiar with Curves. How does it differ from a regular gym?

Good Luck to both of you on your diets
  • Hey everyone! I'm new. and a little lost... but I noticed that ya'll go to CURVES and I used to work there, so I have all sorts of fun tips. Im looking for a buddy. Im 21 need to lose 50-60 pounds, I could really use friends!
  • Good Morning Kathy, Everlasting and AmberJoy!
    I didn't make it to Curves last night because we went to a park. It has a water area and my son had a blast! Tonight we are going to SeaWorld so I know I'll be getting exercise. (I live in burb outside of Orlando-so SeaWorld is about 35 min. away-I get in free for being a teacher and the FL resident passes make it affordable-Disney is WAY to expensive.)

Everlasting-Curves an all women 30 min. circuit workout. You are on a machine (leg press, chest press) for 30 sec. then go to a recovery station-like a small stepper but big and you don't step off and on-just walk in place. The circuit is set up so you have upper body, recovery, lower body, recovery. upper body recovery. My location only has the basic 8 machines so you go around 3 times. The machines are hydrolic (sp?) so the harder you work the harder it is. I'm usually huffing and puffing-I don't see a lot of the other gals huffin and puffin as much as me--but that's ok. I'm so sweaty!

I am a STRESS EATER! We are going to be moving in July. I don't know where yet. I do know it will all work out. I want to be all moved by the last week of July-I go back to work then. We will need to stay in the county we are currently in due to my son going to my school next year. We won't start looking until July 1. I hate moving! I've moved so much in my childhood and in my adult life! Oh well. I say I will clean out some of my stuff as I am packing! LOL.

Breakfast
    peach
    yogurt
    eggs w/ham

Lunch?-=I'm not sure yet......salad for sure!
    Dinner-I am going to make a meal to take with us. I'm picking dh up from work. We'll probably eat in the car or at his work. More than likely sandwiches.
    Snacks-peanuts (I'll pack some for SeaWorld).

I have to do some house work. Is it just me or does your house get "messy" the next day? LOL!

Take care
    Debs
  • KATHY!

How about you make a date with Gold's this week?

My date with curves will be Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Anyone else? Who is your date with and when?

• Good Morning everyone!
    oooohhhh A date! I haven't had one of those since I got married I will make my dates for Saturday and Sunday. Because of work I'll be doing cardio near my house all this week, but I'll do some weight training this weekend.

I did go do my 2 miles at the gym and ate good, except for a peanut butter cookie.... ok 2, but they were small!

Debs, it sounds like you're having a lot of fun this week. Good for you!! Our teachers need a break (especially my kids' teachers . What grade do you teach and are you going to move far enough away that you'll have to transfer schools? I don't envy you at all, I hate moving!

Breakfast - Special K w/ skim milk
    Lunch - Pork chop and salad
    Snack - apple
    Dinner - Bubble up pizza (it's a WW recipe made with ground turkey, pasta sauce and biscuits- very odd, but very very good!)
    Snack- yogurt

I'll probably have to skip the walk/jog today because I'm a bit sore, but I'll do 30 laps around the bleachers - up one side, accross the top, down the other side, accross the bottom. It's a killer, but effective

Have fun at Sea World today (insert jealous look here)! Don't forget the sun block

Kathy
  • Hi Buds!
    Sorry it has taken me all day to post! It was a busy day!

Pat-Are you still sore? Hey 2 cookies isn't bad! Don't forget about your dates this weekend! They will get jealous if you don't come!

I was teaching 5, next year I'll be teaching 3rd. Principal just asked me today (I had to go to work to drop some stuff off)-if I wanted the retention students or SLD. The SLD teacher is really pushing to have me. The principal said she talked about how our education was in the same university system. I had to chuckle......she must really want to work with me! LOL....actually I have clinical training to take an intern, she is getting one next year and it is really best that we all have it...plus I have ESOL now....I know confusing....confusing for me also.

I will not change schools. Hopefully we can find a place in the same town. We have stay in the county due to busing of my son. He will be attending my school next year and if he ever had to take the bus he can if we live anywhere in the county.

We had a great time at Sea World. Well....we sweat our butts off! I wore jeans because I had to toss my sandles and I didn't want to wear sneakers with capri pants..............I should have worn the sneakers even if they looked silly....I was HOT!!!!!!!! We let Nathan play for about an hour in the water part.

Went to the pool with Nathan today. Had a good time. I tried to do some moves from when I took water aerobics. I think we are planning on going tomorrow. It is $2 a person.

Went to Curves. Had a great day!

Hope you had a great day!

Kathy.......how are you????

Debs
  • Sorry don't mean to be nosy! But at the top of the screen here there is a place where you can private message people in case you all want to exchange e-mail address and stuff like that. OH by the way welcome aboard. I have'nt been here long either. I had a buddy and we e-mailed each other every night and let each other know how are day was and what we ate for the day. It was pretty cool. BUt I lost her, I hope she didn't fall off the wagon. So now I'm so-lowing it for a bit. There is another place that is good to. dotties weight loss zone. I go there too. I love the 3fatchicks!!!! I go to dotties to peek around when I need. The more places I go to for support the better I do. So any ways WELCOME!!!
  • Hey itsmyturnnow,

How do you do that instant msg thing, I would love that and need a buddy. I'm 35 with 3 kids (8,5 & 7mos) I have a lot to lose but I am motivated and looking for all the support I can get too!

Donna
  • It's my turn-You need a buddy? How about posting here! I just posted on Monday. I so need others who are trying to lose weight. I don't really have any friends (except coworker and I'm not working right now-summer vacation) who are trying to lose weight.

Donna-Welcome aboard! Again you can post here or email. Wow 3 kids. My husband wanted 3, but I think we'll settle for 2. Although I don't know when the second is coming. I'm 35 now and we might wait another year or so. I can't change what should of happened.......our son is 6....there will be a big age difference. But if it is God's will...He will make it happen.

I should have a good day today. I slept in. I have got to stop staying up late and sleeping in. I'm going to have a hard time come August!

I have to go to Super Wally's later. My son wants to go to the pool again. I have my DATE with Exercise and I want to make dinner later. I have got to start packing! It will be a good time to sort through some of our STUFF! I have to get my son's clothes in order. Last year we went to a private school and they had uniforms. Now he's going to transfer to my school and no uniforms. I have to weed through the play clothes from the school clothes and then jot down what he will need. Living in Florida he'll wear shorts most of the year. It did get chilly here in Dec/Jan/Feb. He has pants and for Christmas last year he got pants.....they are HUGE...but hopefully he'll grow into them come winter.

Have a super awesome day!
    Don't forget to make your DATES and stick to it!
    Debs
  • Quote: I was teaching 5, next year I'll be teaching 3rd. Principal just asked me today (I had to go to work to drop some stuff off)-if I wanted the retention students or SLD. The SLD teacher is really pushing to have me. The principal said she talked about how our education was in the same university system. I had to chuckle......she must really want to work with me! LOL....actually I have clinical training to take an intern, she is getting one next year and it is really best that we all have it...plus I have ESOL now....I know confusing....confusing for me also.
    Whoa, I think you lost me LOL. Good luck on your 3rd grade SLD-ESOL thingy

Debs, I sometimes wish I were a teacher so I could have the summers off but there is no way I have the patience to be a teacher. (stupid brats.. JUST KIDDING!)

My yucky boss was here yesterday and now 3 other managers are coming to do a "marketing blitz" with me today. Wooo freakin hooo. I hate my job. There is good news though. I just passed my last test yesterday to be an insurance agent so as long as I pass the background check (should be no problems) I will start training in August. YEAH

I convinced my husband to start working out with me in the evenings. He was the one that helped me lose 130lbs because he worked out and ate good now he doesn't go to the gym and doesn't eat so well. SO, starting tonight he's going to the track with me and jog/walk 2 miles. I think if we both do this together it will be easier on me. He really doesn't need to lose any weight, but I'd like him to do it for his health.

Debs, have fun on your date today and enjoy the pool and shopping while the rest of us slave away at our jobs

Have a great day ladies!
    Kathy