Old 06-28-2005, 10:01 AM   #61  
Doing it right....

I just got back from Curves. I am so glad that my kids are old enough ( my oldest is in middle school) to leave for an hour. It doesn't take me that long to work out, but it is nice to have the freedom to go for a short while. I am starting to push myself a little bit more in the workout.
I also left some of my pizza last night. I only had 2 slices of homemade pizza. I feel good about that. Jim and Hannah made fun of my 98% fat free popcorn and told me it wasn't worth eating LOL! I don't like it much either. But hey...I will sacrifice some things!
amypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #62  

Default Hi Debs!

I do have a pool nearby and I use to go to it before I gained the last 30 lbs. I will go back to it-I'm giving myself til the beginning of school so I can do it when the kids are in school all day.
(Last year my daughter was a half-day kindergartener)

We live down the street from Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum so we spend a lot of time walking there. (it helps to have an annual pass!)

Vi...
I think Debs hit the nail right on the head regarding your sister's comments. Some people are just like that. They don't want to look bad standing next to someone who has taken control of things and is moving swiftly in the right direction. It makes them feel like they're going to be left behind. You're doing SOOO good.

When it comes to a scale, It was suggested to me that this time-I don't use a scale. I get so sad when I know I have worked my butt off and don't see the number I expected to see. It makes me so sad that it gives me an excuse to stop the effort all-together.

Anyone else have that happen?
Nickie623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #63  

Default Tuesday Morning.

Morning all ~

Okay so lastnight I did it I fell off the wagon, I had 2 peices of pizza and 2 pieces of garlic cheese bread Im weak im a loser I have failed I am just like my sister said ill never get skinny if I keep doing this i cant even begin to tell you how much fat and cal's were in what I ate!~!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today im very emotional and very upset with myself that I can be that weak after a month ive crumbled into a billion little pieces. Also my work out was lame I only worked out for an hour and did not do all of my fat buring on the stair climber and did not do the weight machines What to u think my problem is???? is this normal????

As far as my sister goes yes she is also heavy, my mom and dad are also heavy and we grew up in a house hold that lived on fastfood and junk food. My sister lost weight when she was in highschool but soon gained it all plus more back. I have asked her to go with me to the gym there is one very close to where she lives and she said she could not when she is nursing the baby so maybe after. Im sure she is jealous however she is my sister and she should respect me and love and support me no matter what. I would never act like how she is, i support her in everything...

So the guy at the gym so not into me as like most me Im afraid I will be single old hag with a billion cats...................
vianacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #64  
Doing it right....

Exclamation

Vi....give yourself a break! I bet 2 pieces of pizza and garlic bread was less than what you used to eat. Start with now....you will only defeat yourself if you keep up the self talk about your sister being right......You are sooo worth keeping going and renewing your motivation...YOU WILL do it! I know that you can!

Yes it is normal and the reason people give up on weight loss. Change that negative energy to positive and work even harder. We all fail...but I have found what I think is a failure might have been a victory at one point...perspective is everything. Beating yourself up will not help anything...

Last edited by amypa; 06-28-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #65  

Default Vi...Guess What!!!?

You've been granted a do over!! Do you know what last night did to your body? NOTHING. It didn't make you gain...It didn't make you lose. You maintained your present weight. Eat some fiber today and you'll most likely get rid of it by bedtime! It's as easy as that.

Don't you dare get angry at yourself!

When you were gaining weight, you also ate healthy things from time to time right? It's only normal that the reverse has happened here. You were eating healthy and you made the decision to allow something extra. That's it.

The only way for this do harm (because it hasn't harmed you yet) is if you give up control and decide to chuck it all.

That means that those 14 pounds were all lost for nothing.
Do me a favor. Do good for the rest of this week and Do not weigh yourself til Friday.

I PROMISE YOU...what happened last night was normal, and added no weight back.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #66  
9.95 + S & H

WOAH VI!!!! Don't be so hard on yourself - you are NOT a loser and you are NOT weak. It's only a couple of pieces of pizza, not the entire thing!!! What I like to do is write down how I feel when I'm down and then pull the paper out when I'm tempted to cheat. However, you really need to cut yourself some slack and cheat every now and then or you're going to go crazy. Cheer up girl, we're here for you

This is crazy, Vi is way down about eating 2 pieces of pizza and Amy is way happy about only eating 2 piecse. Good job to both of you for not eating more! I ate a whole medium pizza 2 months ago, that was bad!!!

Hi Nickie! Welcome to our group! We're always happy to have more people for support.

Debs, howyadoin'? I've set my dates this week for Tuesday thru Sunday. *holding right hand up* I promise!

This is day one without my hubby, so far I've taken a nap, had some pasta, worked out and dinked around on the computer.... ahhhhhhhhh no worries here

Have a good day guys!
Kathy
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #67  
yvette120

Hi I'm new here but I agree with Kathy, Nicky and Amy you are not a loser. Let me tell you what I did today. I went to a backery to order my oldest daughter a birhtday cake for next Tuesday. While I was there I ate a slice of cake and I took a piece home. Now I weigh 207.5 pounds and I need to lose weight. I felt a little bad a first but that is only one day. Do you realize how many more days in this year to get it together? The most important thing is to get back up and do your best. Stop saying horrible things to yoursel. When you say negative things you are full filling a prophecy in your life. Start telling yourself how wonderful you are, how beautiful you are, how caring you are. Loving yourself has to start with you first before anyone else can love you. If you don't love you or feel good about you why should anyone else? and realize that there are going to be people in this world that in order to make themselves feel good that have to make you feel bad. This is very sad to me but like I tell my daughters, never let someone elses opinion be the guide for who you really are. Start loving on you and you will see how things and people will change around you.

yvette120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #68  

Default Well, the joke is on me!

You know those great low/no carb candy bars loved by us Atkins fans? I just read on a post here (in another forum) that they may stunt weight loss!

WAHHHHHH!

It's ok, but I'm glad I found out early in the game. I feel sorry for my husband...

I ate 4 of those bad boys!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:47 AM   #69  
yvette120

You got that right. boy when you think you are doing something great there is always somehting happening. I'm glad you have such a great attitude. I exercised this morning and I feel great. Now I have to decide what is the healthiest food that I need to eat today. I was thinking about eating salad and fruit today for lunch and dinner. My daughter want to go to the Taste of Chicago tomorrow. Oh my I will need some self control for this event. There is so much great food to eat. I think that the hardest part is that there is so much food to eat that I haven't tried so this is the prime opportunity to eat at the different vendors and try new food and see if it is worth going to that particular restaurant.

yvette120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:41 AM   #70  

Default Good Morning all

Good morning buddies!!!

I want to thank all of you whom has given me support a huge hug your posts helped me so much yesterday it really means alot to me that you all would take the time thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Today is going pretty well so far Lets see I got stung by a yellowjacket it flew down my pant leg and into my boots but im okay..lol I worked out hard yesterday and stuck with my diet, I am sorry I got all pitty party on myself yesterday.

Hope you all had a great day

Viana
vianacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:22 PM   #71  
Doing it right....

Morning All....I hope you are doing well. I feel like I am really controlling my eating and my psyche today... YAY me!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #72  

Default good morning!

Hello ladies!

You know what? I think this low carb thing is going to be too hard since I found out my favorite low carb treats are not so good for me. (granted, eating 4 in 1 day is not the norm...but this chocolate need happens once a month!)

I am going to raid the local fruit and vegetable market and load up on my favorites!
Viana...Pity parties are ok if you just need to get all these emotions out-no apologies! Glad you're not letting it take over. I "indulged" in the last 12 hours too! I got over it and made a new plan!

Yvette...have a great time! You're certainly within your right to sample and figure out what will make your body and mind happy.

Have a positive day girls!!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #73  

Default Hey Amy!

Amy, where in PA are you from? I married a PA dutchman! We lived outside of Philly in a small town called Harleysville.

Glad all is well with you today! yaaaaaay Amy!

Last edited by Nickie623; 06-29-2005 at 01:27 PM. Reason: type-o
Old 06-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #74  
9.95 + S & H

Good morning everyone!

Today is day 2 of being by myself until my hubby comes back, and I'm bored! I really do like being around him and now I miss him like crazy. I though I was going to enjoy this time by alone, doing whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to do it, but I don't really care about all that. I just want my hubby home. I've already played with the dogs, had breakfast, worked out, took a bath, ate lunch and now I don't have anything to do. Maybe I'll go shopping! That always cheers me up! LOL

Vi, good to see you're back on track! Sorry about the whole yellow jacket thing. I hate bee stings.

Nickie, I don't think I could EVER do the low/no carb eating. I love my pasta way way too much. I just know to eat them in moderation-most of the time.

Hi Amy, keep up the positive attitude, it's very addictive to everyone around you. Maybe you should go be around Vi's sister, I hear she needs an attitude adjustment.

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to try to find something to do -that doesn't involve cleaning - I hate that crap!

Kathy
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #75  
I will do it!

Default I'm here...really I am....

Hi Buddies! Wow we have a great group going! The more the merrier! I might have to think of some fun"game" to play as July hits us!

Vi-honey glad you are back and not going to give up!

Welcome Nikki and Yvette!

Kathy-hee, hee

I had a LONG post ready this morning......but I didn't know if you guys wanted to hear about my friend that drives me crazy!

Rained here again. Went to the movies--I didn't get popcorn and ohhhh it smelled so good!

Went to Curves. Have to admit--didn't push myself that much today--I wasn't even sweating! I usually am huffing and puffing. I guess my mind was on other things--I couldn't even remember how many times I went around the curcit!

I think my friend who drives me crazy is coming over tomorrow.....ack.....my house will need to be sparkly. I did talk to my very dear friend-she lives in NY state. I told her I wished she lived here. She wishes I lived there. My brother and his family spend yesterday evening with my folks out on the boat...the boat I haven't even seen yet. I guess I'm missing home a little bit, especially since I have to look for a new house to live in. We are going to rent, then probably relocate to NC. Summer is almost over....boo who......Not going to the beach this weekend...2 parties! Maybe the beach on Monday.

Sorry....I'm really ok......

I must go......
Debs
debsturn is offline   Reply With Quote