Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 08:27 AM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

It's Friday y'all and you should be up like me. I'm eating oatmeal which is slimming then I'm driving to work in the rain which is slimming and then I'll do important stuff which is fattening.

Frappe, please get out the weights; do the crunches and cut out the calories. You do that Pilate stuff, right? You MUST look better than Bagz when she comes to Inner Canada. She has the big head as it is.
Old 06-01-2001, 11:16 AM   #2  
laundry wench

Default Ya scared me, Peachez

So I went away for a week. Miss me? Notice the lack of "oui"? Peaches, congrats on Peachkid's front page debut.

Wabbit--maybe if I'm really good for the next week, I can get down to where you are. Could I lose 10 pounds in a week? Maybe with Letty or Marcella's help. Good for you, walking again.

Have a nice visit with your amazing new friend, Sugar Plum. You're interesting with or without muffins, dear. Public room cleansing is a good idea. I would love drop-ins. Today would be fine.

Hi, Bagz! Lucky you, heading to Montreal to klatsch with Frappé. You are the ultimate concert chaperone! I will lift up the phone today and perhaps the vacuum cleaner. Do those count as weights?

Walked 9 km with my friend through the park dby, it was gorgeous. Cute little bakery cafe at the bottom of the hill. We were good, looked but didn't stop. That mileage should be worth a couple of days, don't you think?

Well, Cowz--I got the job! I will be working Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays downtown in the oil patch. Eep. For a petroleum R & D sharing organization. I'm excited and scared stiff.

A) My wardrobe is not downtown office quality.

B) I have worked in a dark basement for 12 years, by myself. Working in a beautiful office with a window might be more than I can handle. Speaking to adults during daylight hours might frighten me.

C) Gotta work out before- and after-school details for dd's.
Old 06-01-2001, 01:45 PM   #3  

Default Yeeeeaaaahhhh Cranny!

Congrats on the new job. Good excuse to buy yourself some grownup clothes. I'm sure you'll hold your own with the other adults. The rest will work itself out, those kiddos aren't babies anymore.

Peaches we all know that oatmeal is a color, not something to eat, silly.
Old 06-01-2001, 06:15 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I'm here

I've just been quiet this week... This weekend will be really quiet for me--dh gone sailing, dd spending the night at a friend's house. Of course this will give me lots of time to post, so I will not be quiet here!!

I'm going to break this post up, it's so long.

Hey, I want to go to Montreal. Yes, I do, I do!!! I will not be busy in August, except for standing over my DD with a whip making her do her writing for the, get this, CD-ROM and Web-based college level writing course she has finally agreed to take this summer! Cool, huh?

I think anything taking place at somewhere called the Molson Center sounds good to me, as well. I'm sure that CD you mention, Bagz, is very good. I saw the show where Sting sang -- it was sooooooo good. He's coming to Portland and I can't go. Sting paired with Robert Downey Jr., almost too much of a good thing! RD, Jr. is so good on that show; damn shame he can't stay out of jail.

Marcella, dear, I think poodles sound a bit too strenuous for you--even a miniature poodle could pull you right off your feet, tiny as you are. How about an Italian greyhound -- very slim, tiny and sleek. As seen on Frasier a couple of years ago--Niles' substitute for the lovely but wan ex-wife Maris. You must know Maris. I'm sure you met at the Nearly See-Through Woman Convention.

I like your fake WW idea, Wabbit. Can I join? Of course I don't have the real WW plan to go by, so that would put me at a disadvantage...

I get credit for exercise today -- I broke out the grass trimmer and cut down a jungle, then took a walk with the dogfaced girl (see pic at left).

More in a bit.
Kiwi
Old 06-01-2001, 06:21 PM   #5  
laundry wench

Default Quiet Kiwi...

Wabby's idea is good...I have a points program around somewhere. Just need someone to ante into the pot with me every week. Oh. And someone to cook for my kids while I eat WW-friendly meals.

Happy quiet weekend, Kiwi. Enjoy your space.

Toodles.
Old 06-01-2001, 06:28 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default more stuff

Lushie, I think Wabby's right about now being the time to bail on Catholic school. DD sounds like she would really get a lot out of public hs. Don't worry about the cops so much -- we even have regular cop visits at our combo middle/high school out in the peaceful middle of nowhere. At least they're aware and keeping an eye on things.

Speaking of cops at school, there was an article in this week's local paper about a program they held at the high school simulating a disaster with students playing victims. On the front page was a big picture of a covered up body and this caption (names were the actually kids):

"A MOCK DISASTER DRILL - Jxxxxxxxxxx Cxxxxxxx's "lifeless" body is seen laying here after she was hit by a car operated by Bxxxxxxxxxx Txxxxxxxxxxx. Txxxxxxxxx was later charged with operating under the influence of alcohol. Cxxxxxxx and Txxxxxxxxx, along with many of their classmates, participated in a mock disaster drill last week at Stxxxx High School.... The drill is designed to promote awareness to teenagers throughout the state regarding the repercussions associated with drinking and driving."

and apparently to scare the crap out of anyone who didn't read it very carefully.

That is so cute, Sugar, about the kindergarten sleepover!

Peaches, what is amberjack? I thought I knew all manner of southern delicacies. Amberjack sounds alcoholic. Bringing a garden cuke is proof positive that your Herbie is tres suave. My very suave father used to do things like that -- my favorite was when he met his favorite lobsterman, Snick, at the dock with his fresh catch, bought lobsters from him, took them to a little restaurant up the street and had them prepared. Then he brought the whole dinner back down to the dock and we had a big lobster dinner on board his sailboat.

By the way, driving to work in the rain is fattening, while doing important work is slimming. Let's get these things right. Also, please scan and send our boy's front page pic immediately.

Congrats on the job, Cranbusy! First priority--go buy some new clothes!!

Gotta go shower and go out to dinner. It's Margie night!!

Kiwi
Old 06-01-2001, 07:43 PM   #7  

Default I've got important things to do

I can't hang around here, I'm meeting the carpet cleaning man at my house. I doubt that he's bringing margies, though. I do think I have a Mike's hard lemonade in the fridge and some Bud Light beer. Woo-hoo! It's the weekend, you sweet bovines. Have a good one.
Closed Thread